Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,562 members, 7,816,363 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Why Can't Black People Admit That Whites Are More Physically Attractive? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Can't Black People Admit That Whites Are More Physically Attractive? (6696 Views)

What Do Most Ladies Find Physically Attractive In Men? / 5 Ways To Remain Physically Attractive As A Man / Can You Love Someone You Don't Find Physically Attractive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: Why Can't Black People Admit That Whites Are More Physically Attractive? by SuperOnyi: 10:51pm On Aug 29, 2023
DaisyMellow:

Please explain how climatic conditions affect morphological features of people. You are quick to call people morons, but it's very likely that you are the slowpoke here.

Are you saying the climate has the ability to alter your genes? Last time I checked genetic mutation is what creates new characteristics, and these characteristics are selected through the long process natural selection.

Explain how the climate made white people have long blonde straight hair and blacks have curly short hair
Explain how climate made white people have pointed noses, and blacks wider noses.
Explain how the climate gave white people blue, green and hazel eyes while blacks had dark brown eyes

I am waiting, Mr Intelligent.

shocked

I wanted to ignore this thread but I think I will try my best to make a reasonable contribution.

Before I continue, let me remind you that "white" or "black" is nonsense because there are Caucasians with dark skin and there are "blacks" with blonde hair and colored eyes. My skin used to be a lot lighter than it is now until I got crazily tanned by poverty and the Arewa sun. Calm down, I'm getting somewhere.

Hours ago, I was asking myself if there's any deeper reason except from colonialism why every culture on Earth seem to "like" the pale skin. See, it has always been rooted in these cultures way before "black" and "white" labels began a thing in the early American society. People wanted to believe in something, they had to deal with darkness at night, thunder and lightning that accompanied the heavy rainfalls — understanding nature was beyond them. The night was a mystery to them and they fell back to "spirituality" for answers.

Slowly, the night became synonymous to darkness and all kinds of evil. The daylight was at least bright and they could see clearly during the day. All cultures on Earth experienced this! Put yourself in their shoes, how would you feel if you as a pale skinned European comes across another human with a "burned" skin looking very dark?

What I'm trying to say is that, it's been rooted deep into you to see things like that — culture and mental colonialism all influenced this. Imagine if it was blacks that colonized Europeans and not the other way round, what do you think would happen? Standard of beauty differs, what do you expect when in all the popular religion and culture, night is synonymous to the devil's time of operations and daylight is a brand new day?

What about the fact that the devil is painted as black and God white?! If we were never colonized or had a culture that sees white as light and black as darkness, you wouldn't even think this way.

Anyway, you're not alone. Even in Asia, pale skin was often viewed as the features of wealthy people while the peasants had darker complexion. This culture is still alive till this day.

I really wish I could go on because I totally understand how you feel, I remember when I was a kid obsessed with Michael Jackson. I just wanted to look chocolate like him, sing, dance...and really liked the shape of his nose.

All I'm trying to say is: the reason, you feel like this, is because of European features has become a standard of beauty in today's world. Though, this line of thought is slowly dying off as people are embracing the melaneted skin the more. You feel like this because it is part of almost every culture to view light as good and dark as bad.
Re: Why Can't Black People Admit That Whites Are More Physically Attractive? by SuperOnyi: 11:16pm On Aug 29, 2023
odenkirk:
the arab society lies within sahara desert why r they not blacks

shocked

Have you seen yeminis? grin

Those are the real Arabs grin or maybe you haven't seen a picture of an average Arab.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do I Tell Him Widawt Hurting Him / I Am Committing Suicide Today. There Is No Point In Living. / Prostitution In Broad Day Light In The Streets Of Arizona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.