Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife (25647 Views)

See These And Decide If You Still Want To Have Plenty Kids / Why Did Slain Usifo Ataga Cheat On Pretty Wife Brenda Ataga? / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Tommydare(m): 3:53pm On Jul 19, 2023
Even if he marries the most beautiful girl in the world, if he has that cheating tendencies...baba go still cheat with one ugly woman. Cheating is not based on because u didn't marry a beautiful wife. It's because the man has that cheating tendencies in him.
Jewessgratitud3:
It's funny how most men place character over beauty and the next minute they are out there shouting fine girl come " and even when the fine girl" says get lost! They'll still be chasing her regardless. Lol 😂 😂. Umu nwoke, make una dey talk true.

A male colleague of mine once told me he would rather marry a beautiful ogbanje girl than marry an ugly girl with good character and he was serious about it. Hian!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Henry22(m): 3:55pm On Jul 19, 2023
Me what I keep asking myself is why is it that the ugly or moderate girls are the ones getting married every weekend while the very beautiful ones are always used as aseobi girls?🤔

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by sylve11: 3:56pm On Jul 19, 2023
vickydevoka:

Please Avoid short girls, whether ugly or fine. They only advantage be say them sabi hustle Buh dem get domineering attitude. Dem sabi nag like hell

No lies, but na who go come marry them if everybody avoid them? grin cool

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Tommydare(m): 3:56pm On Jul 19, 2023
That's for boyfriend/girlfriend stuff...not for marriage. Plus character too can attract people. A beautiful face and a nasty character is like a plate of gbegiri soup with small tiny poop on the edge of the plate.
Kingosytex:
We can continue to deceiving ourselves, outward beauty is as important as character cheesy
In fact, outward beauty attracts you to a person before you the character is ascertained.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by sparko1(m): 3:56pm On Jul 19, 2023
blueAgent:

grin grin grin ;

Which one be low patronage?

Her market no dey sell!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Tommydare(m): 4:01pm On Jul 19, 2023
If you marry a beautiful wife with a nasty character, nobody will tell you before you start to dey cheat with one less or ugly lady wey dey give you peace of mind. That beauty will means nothing to you again. But some women have the two, if you marry such you are lucky but if she has only one especially beauty, you have serious problem. If na beauty she no get you have less problem.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Kajaard: 4:02pm On Jul 19, 2023
Henry22:
Me what I keep asking myself is why is it that the ugly or moderate girls are the ones getting married every weekend while the very beautiful ones are always used as aseobi girls?🤔

Very good question cheesy
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Georgejeez: 4:07pm On Jul 19, 2023
At the point when she says "I'm pregnant " ..

You may not agree but 85 percent of Marriages taking place in SOUTHERN Nigeria came about because the lady took in and not because she was the Man's choice or that they were prepared for marriage at that time .
That's why majority of Southern Nigerian marriages always have the bride giving birth few months later 😂😂.

But for Northern Muslim marriages , Men can marry up to 4 wives , so if a man makes mistake marrying wrongly because of beauty, he can marry a not so beautiful one with good character as second wife to balance the equation but a Southern Man who practices one man one wife Western culture will know that he shouldn't make a mistake so selects carefully by dating different ladies in his quest to find the best one among the flock .

Only to be told by one suddenly that she is pregnant and wouldn't abort it , in his quest not to father kids out of Wedlock , he goes to see her parents ,pay her brideprice and do the wedding, next 4 months , she has given birth , even though the pregnancy might not be his (that's a story for another day ).That's one of the reasons Married men in the South cheat with beautiful women especially their Exes because who they ended up marrying isn't really really their speck .

Summary of my homily- The Northern Muslim and Southern Christian idea of choosing a wife isn't the same .... Pregnancy is a major influence down South.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Moniya4Real(m): 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2023
I agree bro, but let me narrow it down- beauty and brain, God- fearing, Ass and even if not a virgin, must be reasonably a good girl.

blueAgent:
;

grin grin grin

Find clay go mold ur own woman.

Oliver twist.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by WAPINATION: 4:11pm On Jul 19, 2023
Character! Character!! Character!!! Should be at least presentable and or beautiful as addition depending on your own definition of beauty. I choose character over beauty cos an ill mannered beautiful woman will suddenly become ugly before you.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by iampeterben(m): 4:14pm On Jul 19, 2023
Most beauty fades away after pregnancy. And most of the beautiful ladies don't have good character.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Tom1960: 4:22pm On Jul 19, 2023
Beauty doesn't last forever, but character does. Also, beauty can be bought with money, but you can't buy character. So, use your head.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by vickydevoka(m): 4:23pm On Jul 19, 2023
sylve11:

Na lazy men de marry them.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by vickydevoka(m): 4:23pm On Jul 19, 2023
sylve11:

Na lazy men de marry them. Or men way no get money. Their is every guy for a lady whether tall or short
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:24pm On Jul 19, 2023
yusufmurry:
Is anyone ugly? Na money be fine bobo
The lady you think is beautiful, spends much and pay attention to her

I rather go for "ugly" with good character as a wife than "beautiful" with bad character

to each their own, i'd rather stay single than being with someone that i am not attracted to.

casualobserver:
Fact: it is very difficult to find an extremely beautiful woman with good character in Nigeria. Generally, the more beautiful a woman is the more entitled she is, the more beautiful a woman is, the more scrutiny needs to be put on her.

FIXED
these bad character that these women possess are just bad habits that grew along to get rid of the men they dont want... easily fixable!

remember: in poor countries, beauty is indeed wealth. these women understand that A) their beauty is gonna take them out of poverty so of course they will be quick to dismiss broke men who cant give them what they need. B) beauty put these women in a different league, a league where they can choose the type of men they associate with (and therefore also dismiss the type of men that aint up to their "imaginary" level) because these beautiful women understand that C) all the ogas at the top, big boys and billionaires etc are gonna fight TOOTH AND NAILS for these beautiful women's attention. rich men will spend billions to woo them and marry them... and if that babe is a virgin, the likes of Ned will make her his 3rd or 4th wife sharp sharp.

so yes, these women mostly come with an attitude that can only be tamed with the right bank account. sadly, only Nigerians can be blamed for that because, even when the girl looks like king kong, yeye men are quick to want to flaunt money to get such woman's attention, let alone the top ones! you cant teach a dog to bark when he is hungry and then be upset when it barks too loud because he hasnt eaten for 3 days.

sadly, these highly beautiful women (that you attract with money) have one MAJOR FLAW: what you attract with money, you will lose when a man with more money than you comes into the picture!

Jewessgratitud3:
You can't always have it all in one package. So you'll have to chose either beauty over character or vice versa.

the above is what desperate men say when they find women who aint shiit, but decide to marry them anyway. sometimes, its best to walk away than to marry someone who is lacking... i would say, anything below a 7 (in either beauty/character) and you should solely keep as a FWB or simply walk away....

so here is IMHO how you would choose.... 7 BEAUTY - 7 CHARACTER is the minimum. if she is a 8 Beauty then she can be a 6 character (but no less), if she is a 9 beauty she can be a 5 character (but no less)... and vice versa. and as we all know there is no such thing as a 10 beauty, lets end it here. remember Beauty = right look with the right body.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by zicoraads: 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2023
I got both.

Beauty, character...

Then got more...

Ass and boobs.🤭

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:29pm On Jul 19, 2023
Tommydare:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some people are not necessarily after beautiful women. As long as the woman has a good character they are ok. But at the same time beauty can be achieved/gotten as the case may be but u see character....u can't get it in the market. And not all women have these two things together. It's only few. And what is a beautiful women with a bad character? She is like a tasteless sausage roll from Mr biggs.

absolutely right, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and regardless of what i believe, a woman is either beautiful to someone or so-so or plain ugly. everyone gets their own level, my point is that: if you aint physically attracted (beauty and body) to your woman, then you are starting the r/ship just like a 100m athlete starting a race with a broken leg.

i am sorry to say that beauty CANNOT be "achieved", because sadly, the minute after you guys get married, beauty will fade (aka you will see her true self in the morning and you will be tired of mounting her, even if she has the most banging body on earth)

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by kinkydude: 4:30pm On Jul 19, 2023
Beauty is vain, on the surface, but character is deep, can make anyone standout anyday, anywhere.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by casualobserver: 4:31pm On Jul 19, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

FIXED
these bad character that these women possess are just bad habits that grew along to get rid of the men they dont want... easily fixable!

remember: in poor countries, beauty is indeed wealth. these women understand that A) their beauty is gonna take them out of poverty so of course they will be quick to dismiss broke men who cant give them what they need. B) beauty put these women in a different league, a league where they can choose the type of men they associate with (and therefore also dismiss the type of men that aint up to their "imaginary" level) because these beautiful women understand that C) all the ogas at the top, big boys and billionaires etc are gonna fight TOOTH AND NAILS for these beautiful women's attention. rich men will spend billions to woo them and marry them... and if that babe is a virgin, the likes of Ned will make her his 3rd or 4th wife sharp sharp.

so yes, these women mostly come with an attitude that can only be tamed with the right bank account. sadly, only Nigerians can be blamed for that because, even when the girl looks like king kong, yeye men are quick to want to flaunt money to get such woman's attention, let alone the top ones! you cant teach a dog to bark when he is hungry and then be upset when it barks too loud because he hasnt eaten for 3 days.

sadly, these highly beautiful women (that you attract with money) have one MAJOR FLAW: what you attract with money, you will lose when a man with more money than you comes into the picture!

Trust me, a beautiful woman with an attitude or entitlement problem or “goddess complex” is the most unfixable character in a woman. It’s a one way path to destruction for a man. There are beautiful women with good character they are few and it is mostly because they have been brought up well. The others who make up the majority, are fundamentally bad news, it’s just the way it is, it’s not their fault, it’s the way the world has programmed them to be. From childhood they have grown up entitled, all they e ever heard all their lives is how beautiful they are, the center of attention, weak men have sucked up to them all their lives, they are used to getting things from weak men. These are not habits of a lifetime you can “fix”. Usually by the time they realize they have a problem they are too old to have any value to a man.

Don’t even waste your time considering them for marriage. Smash and run or just walk away. They are not worth the headache. Note I didn’t say ALL beautiful women, I said the ones with an entitlement mentality which is the majority of beautiful women. Look at men who are successful and married, their wives are either not the most beautiful or when they are very beautiful. They are very modest, reserved and simple.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by IamtheTruth1(m): 4:33pm On Jul 19, 2023
Monman56:
I have very high specifications I want from my to be woman and I know its difficult to find. What point did you decide to settle for Character over beauty or did you get the high requirements you wanted.

No insults please

The truth is; most men would marry an ugly lady with good character and turn that fine lady with bad character, to a side chick
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Poske95(m): 4:35pm On Jul 19, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
it should never be character over beauty.... but instead beauty WITH the right character. choosing an ugly wife that has the right character is as useless as having a beautiful dumb wife

Question is what is beauty...?!
Character is the natural...and once you have a wife that's on the journey to finding their true character, you're on the way to unearthing real beauty.
No woman is ugly....only their untrue character
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by grandstar(m): 4:40pm On Jul 19, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
it should never be character over beauty.... but instead beauty WITH the right character. choosing an ugly wife that has the right character is as useless as having a beautiful dumb wife

Most women after 2 kids become robust. That beauty she once had isn't no more there. That is something you should consider.

That is something that was not envisaged and pushes some men to cheat.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Bananapill: 4:41pm On Jul 19, 2023
Monman56:
I have very high specifications I want from my to be woman and I know its difficult to find. What point did you decide to settle for Character over beauty or did you get the high requirements you wanted.

No insults please

There are beauties with good character. Don't let anyone mislead you, that only ugly girls have good character.
My wife is a beauty and a very good woman from a very good Christian home.
So look well for the good one with beauty.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by kezienaira: 4:43pm On Jul 19, 2023
Monman56:
Very true but again do you realise that some people's perception of beauty changes over time. Like a not so beautiful lady can become beautiful in a person's eyes after some years of acceptance and also some ladies can become ugly to some people because of consistent awful character

Nothing like that, if you ugly, you ugly.
There are so many women out there that are very beautiful and good mannered combo.
We go find them most definitely

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by isabi2lof: 4:45pm On Jul 19, 2023
Monman56:
grin.... Money cannot repair some face oh

More money will do grin
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by tyup(m): 4:45pm On Jul 19, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

grin Bro ylai I swear, totally useless

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by MyAmericandream(f): 4:45pm On Jul 19, 2023
Moniya4Real:
But why is it almost practically impossible to find a woman with these qualities: Facial beauty, Normal height, beautiful skin, big, pointed boobs, big as…, nice steppings, loyal, Brilliant, intelligent, unselfish, loving and God-fearing and a VIRGIN? All these qualities I want in a woman, if POSSIBLE though.

Do you have all these that you just mentioned?
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by iamdapsyj(m): 4:50pm On Jul 19, 2023
IconicR:
Waiting to read their hypocritical comments .

See your hypocritical comment..,... later you will now be crying that Nairalanders are hostile to newcomers 😆🤣😆
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by josephevergreen(m): 4:50pm On Jul 19, 2023
After my ex (petra loose ogoja girl ) showd me shege..

I have learn to always choose character over beauty..

Majority of this fine girls are good on for one night stand anything other than that , bro you re setting yourself up.

If you want to live long as a man .. please always go for character and background.

Other girls guys need to trade carefully with re ladies from broken home that re train singlehandedly by their mother's... Omo those people see men like another woman 😂

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:00pm On Jul 19, 2023
grandstar:
Most women after 2 kids become robust. That beauty she once had isn't no more there. That is something you should consider.That is something that was not envisaged and pushes some men to cheat.

robust?! lets call a spade A SPADE...some women after birth turn into baby whales, just like many men get pot belly. its called being TOO COMFORTABLE in marriage.

Poske95:
Question is what is beauty...?!
Character is the natural...and once you have a wife that's on the journey to finding their true character, you're on the way to unearthing real beauty.
No woman is ugly....only their untrue character

sadly, the majority of people HIDE their unfavorable character and pretend to be who they are not (in order to get married). it is only when that person gets comfortable in marriage that you will now see their true character... thats when their "possible" dishonest, deceitful, manipulative, selfish, greedy, entitled, immoral, close minded, abusive, disrespectful, untrustworthy, unfaithful, arrogant, self center NATURE will surface.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Allisgud: 5:14pm On Jul 19, 2023
ItooWorWor:

You sure?
that's how it's supposed to be
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:15pm On Jul 19, 2023
casualobserver:
Trust me, a beautiful woman with an attitude or entitlement problem or “goddess complex” is the most unfixable character in a woman. It’s a one way path to destruction for a man. There are beautiful women with good character they are few and it is mostly because they have been brought up well. The others who make up the majority, are fundamentally bad news, it’s just the way it is, it’s not their fault, it’s the way the world has programmed them to be. From childhood they have grown up entitled, all they e ever heard all their lives is how beautiful they are, the center of attention, weak men have sucked up to them all their lives, they are used to getting things from weak men. These are not habits of a lifetime you can “fix”. Usually by the time they realize they have a problem they are too old to have any value to a man.

Don’t even waste your time considering them for marriage. Smash and run or just walk away. They are not worth the headache. Note I didn’t say ALL beautiful women, I said the ones with an entitlement mentality which is the majority of beautiful women. Look at men who are successful and married, their wives are either not the most beautiful or when they are very beautiful. They are very modest, reserved and simple.

i fully disagree with the above.... when you travel the world you see way less of these very arrogant beautiful women that you easily find in Africa. you just have to approach a beautiful woman in Nigeria and say:"excuse me", and you will see her automatically frown her face before even knowing what you have to say. these 9ja women have been programmed by the environment they live in, because this almost NEVER happen in the west (not even in other poor countries outside Africa).

the problem in Africa is that, men have been using MONEY as a tool to control/approach women ; MONEY has been used to dictate how a real man should be, and if you aint got no money, you are supposedly not even "alive". these women learn this shiit from AFRICAN MEN, and therefore i can only blame African men for the state of mind of these women. why would a beautiful 9ja babe even give a broke dude a chance when she knows that her value lies with these men with MONEY?

since all people in 9ja are quick to say "make money and women will come" why do you think 9ja woman in general (let alone the beautiful one) dont value broke men?! the attitude from the beautiful ones comes with the territory.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Man Seeks Divorce Over Inability To Satisfy Wife With Sex / Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum / Mum With An Autistic Child Reflects On Her Emotional Journey As He Turns 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.