Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife (25678 Views)

See These And Decide If You Still Want To Have Plenty Kids / Why Did Slain Usifo Ataga Cheat On Pretty Wife Brenda Ataga? / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by vickydevoka(m): 11:26am On Jul 20, 2023
IconicR:
lol snap out of this mentality so you won't miss out on a beautiful good woman
I'm no getting married to Nigerian lady in Jesus name. At least I sabi cook.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 20, 2023
vickydevoka:

I'm no getting married to Nigerian lady in Jesus name. At least I sabi cook.
Then get ready to be a slave. You will appreciate Nigerian women when the time comes
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by olusegunolabode: 11:32am On Jul 20, 2023
Monman56:
Very true but again do you realise that some people's perception of beauty changes over time. Like a not so beautiful lady can become beautiful in a person's eyes after some years of acceptance and also some ladies can become ugly to some people because of consistent awful character

I pray you increase more in wisdom.. God bless you.

In addition to that, seriously, beauty fades with time, good character last forever. Beauty does not guarantee a happy home, good character does. Even with beauty that has the right character, character still superseded beauty. Coz if not, why do we have the most beautiful women today, that are not yet married? Why are there beautiful, divorced couples?

Character is the real beauty of all human and not the physical beauty. The physical beauty is just a plus.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by vickydevoka(m): 11:38am On Jul 20, 2023
IconicR:
Then get ready to be a slave. You will appreciate Nigerian women when the time comes
Na dat slave I wan be. At list she go follow me pay bills, I go born sweet fine pikin join
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by vickydevoka(m): 11:38am On Jul 20, 2023
IconicR:
Na dat slave I wan be. At list she go follow me pay bills, I go born sweet fine pikin join. Most Nigerian guys for abroad na slave, especially when Una done get papers
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 20, 2023
vickydevoka:

Na dat slave I wan be. At list she go follow me pay bills, I go born sweet fine pikin join
So everything is all because of bills? What a man
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by vickydevoka(m): 11:43am On Jul 20, 2023
IconicR:
I pity you. Just de 9ja with your mentality. You need to learn alot
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 20, 2023
vickydevoka:

I pity you. Just de 9ja with your mentality. You need to learn alot
And who told you I crave for abroad? I don't like abroad, just holidays nothing more.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by vickydevoka(m): 11:45am On Jul 20, 2023
IconicR:
Paying of bills of a married couple is based on agreement between them. Most times you decide who to work and who to take care of the child....
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by vickydevoka(m): 11:46am On Jul 20, 2023
IconicR:
And who told you I crave for abroad? I don't like abroad, just holidays nothing more.
I like that. I used to be like you until I lost my job. 9ja sweet pass sha
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 20, 2023
vickydevoka:

Paying of bills of a married couple is based on agreement between them. Most times you decide who to work and who to take care of the child....
Go taste am first, you'll rush back and start looking for a Nigerian woman to marry
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 20, 2023
vickydevoka:

I like that. I used to be like you until I lost my job. 9ja sweet pass sha
Abroad life is hard, i can't cope
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by vickydevoka(m): 11:55am On Jul 20, 2023
IconicR:
how, oboi abroad easy die
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by vickydevoka(m): 12:00pm On Jul 20, 2023
IconicR:
Person come UK come de do Care or ware house de pack shift anyhow, how e no go hard for you. Do you know you can work just 2 times in care home, hospital or support home and live well. All u just need to do is to work close to where you live and avoid expensive house or cities. Omo 9ja hard die. As a family. U n your wife n decide to work 3 times each a week or so
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by vickydevoka(m): 12:07pm On Jul 20, 2023
IconicR:
Go taste am first, you'll rush back and start looking for a Nigerian woman to marry
Lemme tell you what happened to my Gambia friend 5 years ago. He came with 2 of his friends to UK, and the both got married to a EU women, he was advising them no to.. to cut long story short, he is divorced 2 times while the other 2 still with their wives and beautiful kids. When Ur wife go work de send money give their people, de what ever she wants , u go use your money de pay bills, later she go divorce you carry de house ...
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 20, 2023
vickydevoka:

Lemme tell you what happened to my Gambia friend 5 years ago. He came with 2 of his friends to UK, and the both got married to a EU women, he was advising them no to.. to cut long story short, he is divorced 2 times while the other 2 still with their wives and beautiful kids. When Ur wife go work de send money give their people, de what ever she wants , u go use your money de pay bills, later she go divorce you carry de house ...
😂 you'll still change your mind
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Goodluckzzz: 3:33pm On Jul 20, 2023
For it's my peace of mind over beauty. I don't want to say away from my home because I have a wife who can nag over petty things. I want to come home happy and be happy to be at home.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Karnice600: 4:19pm On Jul 20, 2023
Monman56:
I have very high specifications I want from my to be woman and I know its difficult to find. What point did you decide to settle for Character over beauty or did you get the high requirements you wanted.

No insults please

Beautiful with good character still dey. The sensible thing to talk about is compatibility. Most guys no wan reason am. You get some good money, next thing you marry a fine girl who blushes at your smile because of your money and the sense of convenience you offer.., but those are temporary. Some few months or years into the marriage money flow drastically reduces. Things start bitting and she bites even harder because you guys were never compatible.
Marry a woman you can take a walk in the field with, with just 2 bottles of coke and 2 packs of gala and still have her unwavering attention.., holding both meaningful , nasty and mundane discussions without feeling you’re wasting your time. Look at her physical blemishes and be creative on what your lifestyle becomes next with her.
There are “ugly” women with beautiful smiles. There are “beautiful” women with ugly, shady eyes, borne from psychological turmoil.
The day you know that beauty is relative and not constant, is the day you fully outgrow your adolescence. There’ll be a time you’ll desire a beautiful family than a beautiful skin. Beauty is perceptual. It comes with other vibrations than light and sight.
Don’t marry who you can’t be proud of walking with in public. You just first have to work on your mind and outgrow mixing frivolities with necessities.
For me, my wife is a witch. I don chop her juju. Me too be witch doctor. She don chop my concoction.
We fit just sidon dey discuss stupid things for hours, lazying around. Time go done go before we remember say we never take real food, if the kids are not around. She too dey gossip. My own na to dey add fuel make the talk continue. She just enjoys talking.
Las las every woman is beautiful.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by countryman13: 4:38pm On Jul 20, 2023
Monman56:
I have very high specifications I want from my to be woman and I know its difficult to find. What point did you decide to settle for Character over beauty or did you get the high requirements you wanted.

No insults please
Its not bros but as long as Oluwa in involved, u re good to go! Dont expect too much from ur woman otherwise she might fake things for u just to please u. Most times try n do litmus test on her while u re still courting so as to know her true color( at least 60/70%). try as much as possible n work on d one u have because u wont get a saint or Mr Right anywhere
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Lovelydaisies: 7:56pm On Jul 20, 2023
Nobody is choosing beauty over character now o!

Tomorrow, some will come and complain about how their wives have put on a few kilos after childbirth and are looking shapeless, then, start running after the beautiful ones.

Character has the upper hand, if I were to choose but they complement each other. The physical features usually attract you. If you didn't find her pleasant-looking, you wouldn't approach her in the first place. But nothing is fixed. Beauty can get ugly tomorrow. Good behaviour can get corrupted.

But choose character, always. And make do with however beautiful she might be.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by belcom10(m): 8:46pm On Jul 20, 2023
Very correct, I use to consider women beauty as yardstick to relationship. But as I have grown and married. Characters supercede that.

LivingSage:
We look for beauty only at tender age but as we age, we have different perceptions towards our desires.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Ebubu2: 6:14am On Jul 21, 2023
MrBroke:
Who beauty help ?. It has to be character cause character goes with intelligence too. So many fine girls i don meet some no sabi fvck self, so wetin i won carry your beauty do. My logic is, sabi fvck well then good character, that's all i need to have peace of mind and be happy
the way good sex reliefs stress ehn i go naturally want person wey sabi fûck, pleasure and riding.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Ebubu2: 7:03am On Jul 21, 2023
Blitzking:
Beauty attracts character keeps..I see beautiful women that can replace my woman daily but I av never gone further to assess their character..but I met one she ticks all my boxes and I started wondering the essence of monogamy.
the one you met ticked all the boxes? As in beauty and character?
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Ebubu2: 7:22am On Jul 21, 2023
Tonnyray:
I got both in her.
Took me a while but I finally got both in one.
No compromise.
did you deliberately search for two in one? Or you just fell to luck
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Ebubu2: 8:32am On Jul 21, 2023
DIntegrity:

Well, I don't know what your high expectations or standards are but make sure you're the right person for such high standards because some people want what they can't give.

Also, I believe you can get what you're looking for except you're looking for it in wrong places or the wrong way.

As touching character and beauty, you can never get enough of beauty. There's always someone "more beautiful" (physically) but one the other end beauty is in the eye of the beholder because I've seen people call someone beautiful and another set of people oppose such remark. That's the world for you

Personally, I admire and appreciate beauty but I cannot be moved by it. I've grown in understanding to know that it's just physical appearance because there are alot of beautiful people that will disappoint you after you interact with them. Their understanding is terrible, their perspective of life is so rubbish. Many of them struggle in their own personal issues.

I believe there are and have seen beautiful people with good character.

You can have both but I recommend that people stop acting impulsively whenever they see beautiful people.
Instead, they should interact and get to know them better before making decisions. Some beautiful ladies are not worth your time or investment (any kind)

IT'S NOT CHARACTER OVER BEAUTY PER SE, IT'S CHARACTER BEFORE BEAUTY (The right progression).
please do you have a beautiful girl with character for me? I’m in the medical line.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by sylve11: 1:24pm On Jul 22, 2023
vickydevoka:

Na lazy men de marry them. Or men way no get money. Their is every guy for a lady whether tall or short

Well, I got your point. wink cool
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Tonnyray: 2:52pm On Jul 24, 2023
Ebubu2:
did you deliberately search for two in one? Or you just fell to luck
Yes I was deliberate actually. Engaging beauty without character and I knew I'd be fvcked for life, so my MO was that if you're not at least a 7.5/10 in my aesthetics assessment scale I'd have nothing to do with you beyond hi hi... then out of this subset I naturally scanned intensely for character and character flaws. With GOD's help the rest is history.
Hope it helped.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Ebubu2: 4:00pm On Jul 24, 2023
Tonnyray:
Yes I was deliberate actually. Engaging beauty without character and I knew I'd be fvcked for life, so my MO was that if you're not at least a 7.5/10 in my aesthetics assessment scale I'd have nothing to do with you beyond hi hi... then out of this subset I naturally scanned intensely for character and character flaws. With GOD's help the rest is history.
Hope it helped.
thank you very much. It sure did. Enjoy your union boss

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by ambimo(m): 1:27pm On Dec 30, 2023
Ebubu2:
Unless i see beauty wey get character, I will never choose character over beauty.

Character over beauty anyday

Some women pride themself that they have “bad character”
confusion de this talk o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Accuses Wife Of Carrying Strange Pregnancy (photo) / Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts / When Is One Ready To Get Married? A MUST-READ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.