Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife (25698 Views)

See These And Decide If You Still Want To Have Plenty Kids / Why Did Slain Usifo Ataga Cheat On Pretty Wife Brenda Ataga? / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by MrBroke(m): 5:18pm On Jul 19, 2023
Who beauty help ?. It has to be character cause character goes with intelligence too. So many fine girls i don meet some no sabi fvck self, so wetin i won carry your beauty do. My logic is, sabi fvck well then good character, that's all i need to have peace of mind and be happy

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by casualobserver: 5:23pm On Jul 19, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

i fully disagree with the above.... when you travel the world you see way less of these very arrogant beautiful women that you easily find in Africa. you just have to approach a beautiful woman in Nigeria and say:"excuse me", and you will see her automatically frown her face before even knowing what you have to say. these 9ja women have been programmed by the environment they live in, because this almost NEVER happen in the west (not even in other poor countries outside Africa).

the problem in Africa is that, men have been using MONEY as a tool to control/approach women ; MONEY has been used to dictate how a real man should be, and if you aint got no money, you are supposedly not even "alive". these women learn this shiit from AFRICAN MEN, and therefore i can only blame African men for the state of mind of these women. why would a beautiful 9ja babe even give a broke dude a chance when she knows that her value lies with these men with MONEY?

since all people in 9ja are quick to say "make money and women will come" why do you think 9ja woman in general (let alone the beautiful one) dont value broke men?! the attitude from the beautiful ones comes with the territory.

We are talking about Nigerian women, once you get to a certain age you understand their BS.. only boys chase after women, if you are successful in life ( don’t equate this to money though money tends to come with success) or going places, women chase after you. To an extent, I agree with you on women from other countries especially other African countries but the reality is as a Nigerian you are better off marrying a Nigerian. Nigerian women are no different from Arabs, Indians etc. Women who marry outside their race are low value women usually because men from their race/ ethnicity/ tribe won’t marry them. As an example there is a anchor on a popular News channel who is married to a white man. This is someone who parades herself on instagram in bikinis and sexy poses. Which Nigerian man worth his salt is going to marry her? Hence it’s no surprise she married or is about to marry an Oyinbo. Same way 90% of the time, the ibo woman marrying a Yoruba man is marrying him because her fellow ibo men won’t marry her. If she had her way she would have married an Ibo.

Although Nigerian women generally have an attitude problem and play hard to get, don’t get seduced by the approachability of women from other races, all these easily approachable women from other races/ countries are usually women you don’t want to marry. They are as easily approachable to other men as they are to you. As for Nigerian women, the same woman who is playing hard to get for you is chasing a man of stature or a man going places. The difficulty you get from a Nigerian woman is generally a reflection of where you are and where she sees you.

This discussion was not about money but since you mention money, as a man (not a teenager) if you have no money you have no business trying to marry another man’s daughter.

Ps: let us not get distracted to the point that you forget that this thread is about picking a wife.

The other thing I will say is a woman who is happy with a broke man should be dumped. You don’t have to have money but you must have potential. A woman who is happy to stay with a man who is broke and has no future will keep him broke.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Lekan239(m): 5:33pm On Jul 19, 2023
Mary character to get rest of mind and die at old age. Be frolicking with beauty outside one's a while but don't let ur character wife at home knows
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Teymanhenry(f): 5:45pm On Jul 19, 2023
A woman's beauty attracts you buh her character keeps you.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Monman56: 5:46pm On Jul 19, 2023
Thanks for your wonderful input.
Tradepunter2:

Leave that one with his nonsense assertion.... Character any time any day.... A beautiful lady with bad character will kill you on time.... My wife wasn't my ideal but ooo boy, I have grown than I could ever imagine.... She's like a last born in my family.... So also am I like a senior brother in her family..... But prior to marrying her I was engaged to a beautiful lady.... She was evil personified.... Every man wanted to fk her.... And she used those to her advantage to manipulate in order to get her way.... Years down the line she's still confused and single and am married with 2 beautiful girls.....

CHARACTER DWARF BEAUTY.... CUZ THE BEAUTY CAN become UGLY WHEN THE CHARACTER IS USELESS
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by ikennanzewi: 5:48pm On Jul 19, 2023
Look at Poor and Ugly men looking for beautiful Wife with Good character. U can not give what you don't have.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Moniya4Real(m): 5:48pm On Jul 19, 2023
Almost dear but not All. I am literally good looking, tall with a nice physique, educated, financially okay, caring, God fearing and I make sacrifices a lot for people but I must admit I still don’t have it All because as humans, we aren’t perfect.

MyAmericandream:

Do you have all these that you just mentioned?
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by deyplay: 5:51pm On Jul 19, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
it should never be character over beauty.... but instead beauty WITH the right character. choosing an ugly wife that has the right character is as useless as having a beautiful dumb wife
gbayi
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by deyplay: 5:52pm On Jul 19, 2023
Choose whoever gives you peace and makes your manhood stands erect upon seeing her.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:58pm On Jul 19, 2023
casualobserver:
We are talking about Nigerian women, once you get to a certain age you understand their BS.. only boys chase after women, if you are successful in life ( don’t equate this to money though money tends to come with success) or going places, women chase after you.

the above is part of why i am against this school of thought. regardless of how successful a man is, he should be able to approach someone respectfully and try to create a conversation. you could be a bricklayer and approach women, you could be a Uber driver and approach women. so long as a man takes care of his responsibilities in life, then i see no reason why he shouldnt approach women that he is attracted to. the moment a man says:" you need to be successful in life before you can remotely think of finding someone AND let them approach you" then IMHO you have missed the plot. A) so long as your rent is paid, bills are paid, food on your table, clothes on your back and you are gainfully employed, then i suggest you look for a proper MATE to share your blessings with (make sure she get her life in order too job/responsibilities etc)... but most importantly B) why wouldnt you approach EXACTLY the type of woman you want in your life, rather
than only choosing between the ones who chased/approach you?! be in control of your life.

To an extent, I agree with you on women from other countries especially other African countries but the reality is as a Nigerian you are better off marrying a Nigerian. Nigerian women are no different from Arabs, Indians etc. Women who marry outside their race are low value women usually because men from their race/ ethnicity/ tribe won’t marry them. Although Nigerian women are a pain in the ass generally don’t get seduced by the approachability of women from other races, all these easily approachable women from other races/ countries are usually women you don’t want to marry. They are as easily approachable to other men as they are to you.

the important question IS: what do you seek in a future wife?! the majority of men would reply PEACE AT HOME and RESPECT FROM YOUR WIFE. so, as much as marrying a Nigerian woman is ideal, if you are more likely to get the above from a foreigner, then i would suggest you seek a foreigner each and every time... because these are values in marriage that are better than gold!

This discussion was not about money but since you mention money, as a man (not a teenager) if you have no money you have no business trying to marry another man’s daughter.
The other thing I will say is a woman who is happy with a broke man should be dumped. You don’t have to have money but you must have potential. A woman who is happy to stay with a man who is broke and has no future will keep him broke.

my mention of money is related to Nigerian men quick to teach women that "money makes a man" while i fully disagree, as there are many "broke" men out there with no money because they took care of their life responsibilities (aka paid the rent, paid the bills, food on the table, cloth on their back etc etc) who will make great husbands. even you, what you are indirectly saying is that, a man who drives Uber and got no money to splash trying to woo his potential future wife, shouldnt get married".... while we all know that the majority of marriages in Nigeria is from PEOPLE WHO AINT RICH!
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Monman56: 5:58pm On Jul 19, 2023
What did you finally decide on... My spec is similar even not so much of physical shapes and all but quite similar but it seems like many ladies of beauty have too much bad past experience, messed up psychologically, proud and unwilling to change.
Moniya4Real:
But why is it almost practically impossible to find a woman with these qualities: Facial beauty, Normal height, beautiful skin, big, pointed boobs, big as…, nice steppings, loyal, Brilliant, intelligent, unselfish, loving and God-fearing and a VIRGIN? All these qualities I want in a woman, if POSSIBLE though.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Karlifate: 5:59pm On Jul 19, 2023
Moniya4Real:
But why is it almost practically impossible to find a woman with these qualities: Facial beauty, Normal height, beautiful skin, big, pointed boobs, big as…, nice steppings, loyal, Brilliant, intelligent, unselfish, loving and God-fearing and a VIRGIN? All these qualities I want in a woman, if POSSIBLE though.

If you search for them, you'll find them.

If it's just wishful thinking, it will remain your fantasy.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Karlifate: 6:01pm On Jul 19, 2023
Gagare1:
I went for both and got both. I didn't have to trade one for the other.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Monman56: 6:02pm On Jul 19, 2023
Wow... How easy or difficult was it
Gagare1:
I went for both and got both. I didn't have to trade one for the other.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Karlifate: 6:09pm On Jul 19, 2023
PECON1:
even my ex too, she has alot of laws set by her.i ran away for my sanity, she is now dating a man that drinks and smokes, the same thing she complained while she was with me, wetin concern me as I utilised my turn very well.

🤣🤣🤣

I wrote something like this, few days ago.

When reality catches up with them, they reduce to the barest minimum, the grandiose delusions called "standards"

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by casualobserver: 6:13pm On Jul 19, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

the above is part of why i am against this school of thought. regardless of how successful a man is, he should be able to approach someone respectfully and try to create a conversation. you could be a bricklayer and approach women, you could be a Uber driver and approach women. so long as a man takes care of his responsibilities in life, then i see no reason why he shouldnt approach women that he is attracted to. the moment a man says:" you need to be successful in life before you can remotely think of finding someone AND let them approach you" then IMHO you have missed the plot. A) so long as your rent is paid, bills are paid, food on your table, clothes on your back and you are gainfully employed, then i suggest you look for a proper MATE to share your blessings with (make sure she get her life in order too job/responsibilities etc)... but most importantly B) why wouldnt you approach EXACTLY the type of woman you want in your life, rather
than only choosing between the ones who chased/approach you?! be in control of your life.

You are free to approach, it is woman’s as perogative to ignore or reject you you. What nonsense you spew!!! A woman does not have to respond simply because you are respectful. I would be irritated if my woman is approached by an UBER driver..what nonsense? It shows she has no standards…no boundaries! What binds them together? Bricklayer…are you out of your mind? It is only a woman who has no value that allows herself to be approached by everybody. This is why white women are approachable, they have no value. Trust me the white women who have value (country club upper class white women) will not be allow themselves to be chatted up by a non-white. If you are approaching a white woman, you are dealing with a cheap common woman who will also be approached and entertain the next man that chats her up.

the important question IS: what do you seek in a future wife?! the majority of men would reply PEACE AT HOME and RESPECT FROM YOUR WIFE. so, as much as marrying a Nigerian woman is ideal, if you are more likely to get the above from a foreigner, then i would suggest you seek a foreigner each and every time... because these are values in marriage that are better than gold!

For men and women, if you cannot get from your own it is because you don’t measure up amongst your own, stop using people like the Kardashians as your yardstick, they are commoners, just like film stars and sports stars, there are schools and social clubs, they and their children cannot get into in the US with all their money ..same thing in the UK. .

my mention of money is related to Nigerian men quick to teach women that "money makes a man" while i fully disagree, as there are many "broke" men out there with no money because they took care of their life responsibilities (aka paid the rent, paid the bills, food on the table, cloth on their back etc etc) who will make great husbands. even you, what you are indirectly saying is that, a man who drives Uber and got no money to splash trying to woo his potential future wife, shouldnt get married".... while we all know that the majority of marriages in Nigeria is from PEOPLE WHO AINT RICH!

Oga there is a difference between being broke, getting by and being rich. The man you described who handles his responsibilities but has not much left May be struggling but he is not a broke man. A broke man is a man who cannot pay his bills, a broke man has no business with a woman. A broke student yes, not a broke grown ass man. Fix yourself before you chase after women….nobody said you have to be rich! Most men are not rich!

PS: you make it difficult to respond to you with the way you keep breaking up the posts. Too much wahala!

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by MisterRuk(m): 6:26pm On Jul 19, 2023
Some people love using "good character" to console themselves for their poor taste. Say the truth, she was available and you had few options.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:37pm On Jul 19, 2023
casualobserver:
You are free to approach, it is woman’s as perogative to ignore or reject you you. What nonsense you spew!!! A woman does not have to respond simply because you are respectful. I would be irritated if my woman is approached by an UBER driver..what nonsense? It shows she has no standards. What binds them together? Bricklayer…are you out of your mind? It is only a woman who has no value that allows herself to be approached by everybody. This is why white women are approachable, they have no value. Trust me the white women who have value (country club upper class white women) will not be allow themselves to be chatted up by a non-white. If you are approaching a white woman, you are dealing with a cheap common woman who will also be approached and entertain the next man that chats her up.

you sir, show me exactly what is wrong with Nigerian school of thought....
- if a man approaches a woman, she has all the rights to "respectfully" decline the offer to talk to this man. to be respectful of others in life (that may respectfully approach you) IS FREE!!!!!
- are you claiming that a woman in a r/ship with a Uber driver and/or bricklayer has no standards/value?
- are you claiming that a respectful Uber driver and/or a Bricklayer that (approaches a woman RESPECTFULLY) does NOT deserve the exact same respect as any other man on earth would?!
- what kind of yeye woman believes that she shouldnt be respectful to a Uber driver and/or a bricklayer?!
- so if i approach a woman respectfully, it will be written UBER DRIVER and/or BRICKLAYER on my forehead, abi?!
- so if a billionaire approaches your woman, you wont be upset (only Uber drivers would upset you), abi?!
- i can categorically STATE that you sir have never been to the west or simply you just look like king kong... the difference between Nigeria and the west is that people dont judge you (socially) by how you look, therefore any man in their social circle would be able to talk to them (whether Uber driver or Bricklayer). it doesnt mean that they are gonna date in the future, but at least they would be civil to one another, whether a bricklayer or Uber driver.

Oga there is a difference between being broke, getting by and being rich. The man you described who handles his responsibilities but has not much left May be struggling but he is not a broke man. A broke man is a man who cannot pay his bills, a broke man has no business with a woman. A broke student yes, not a broke grown ass man. Fix yourself before you chase after women.

again, no wonder these women have such yeye attitude when men say the above you just wrote. funny how you would look down on women and their attitude when you confirm exactly the reason why they have such foul attitude.
there is nothing wrong (to fix) with a man who took care of all his life responsibilities... there is only something wrong with women who expect such man to have extra money, so that he can take care of them (under the guise of dating/marriage). if a man took care of his life responsibilities and the women (he goes after) took care of theirs, then this is a perfect match IMHO. only broke deluded women who come with NOTHING TO THE TABLE think like you do. no man/woman need more than to take care of their life responsibilities!

PS: you make it difficult to respond to you with the way you keep breaking up the posts. Too much wahala!

bro, thats because you say so many different things in the same post
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by DIntegrity: 6:50pm On Jul 19, 2023
Monman56:
I have very high specifications I want from my to be woman and I know its difficult to find. What point did you decide to settle for Character over beauty or did you get the high requirements you wanted.

No insults please

Well, I don't know what your high expectations or standards are but make sure you're the right person for such high standards because some people want what they can't give.

Also, I believe you can get what you're looking for except you're looking for it in wrong places or the wrong way.

As touching character and beauty, you can never get enough of beauty. There's always someone "more beautiful" (physically) but one the other end beauty is in the eye of the beholder because I've seen people call someone beautiful and another set of people oppose such remark. That's the world for you

Personally, I admire and appreciate beauty but I cannot be moved by it. I've grown in understanding to know that it's just physical appearance because there are alot of beautiful people that will disappoint you after you interact with them. Their understanding is terrible, their perspective of life is so rubbish. Many of them struggle in their own personal issues.

I believe there are and have seen beautiful people with good character.

You can have both but I recommend that people stop acting impulsively whenever they see beautiful people.
Instead, they should interact and get to know them better before making decisions. Some beautiful ladies are not worth your time or investment (any kind)

IT'S NOT CHARACTER OVER BEAUTY PER SE, IT'S CHARACTER BEFORE BEAUTY (The right progression).

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by casualobserver: 7:07pm On Jul 19, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

you sir, show me exactly what is wrong with Nigerian school of thought....
- if a man approaches a woman, she has all the rights to "respectfully" decline the offer to talk to this man. to be respectful of others in life (that may respectfully approach you) IS FREE!!!!!
- are you claiming that a woman in a r/ship with a Uber driver and/or bricklayer has no standards/value?
- are you claiming that a respectful Uber driver and/or a Bricklayer that (approaches a woman RESPECTFULLY) does NOT deserve the exact same respect as any other man on earth would?!
- what kind of yeye woman believes that she shouldnt be respectful to a Uber driver and/or a bricklayer?!
- so if i approach a woman respectfully, it will be written UBER DRIVER and/or BRICKLAYER on my forehead, abi?!
- so if a billionaire approaches your woman, you wont be upset (only Uber drivers would upset you), abi?!
- i can categorically STATE that you sir have never been to the west or simply you just look like king kong... the difference between Nigeria and the west is that people dont judge you (socially) by how you look, therefore any man in their social circle would be able to talk to them (whether Uber driver or Bricklayer). it doesnt mean that they are gonna date in the future, but at least they would be civil to one another, whether a bricklayer or Uber driver.

again, no wonder these women have such yeye attitude when men say the above you just wrote. funny how you would look down on women and their attitude when you confirm exactly the reason why they have such foul attitude.
there is nothing wrong (to fix) with a man who took care of all his life responsibilities... there is only something wrong with women who expect such man to have extra money, so that he can take care of them (under the guise of dating/marriage). if a man took care of his life responsibilities and the women (he goes after) took care of theirs, then this is a perfect match IMHO. only broke deluded women who come with NOTHING TO THE TABLE think like you do. no man/woman need more than to take care of their life responsibilities!

bro, thats because you say so many different things in the same post

The 1st part of your post shows you are a commoner or have the mindset of a commoner. One of the things I often tell Nigerians when they go abroad is…don’t think that because a white person can speak English, they are on the same level as you, assuming you are on any level. The problem with many Nigerians is the white people they interact with are the commoners. And they behave like commoners. The white people you are talking about are commoners just like a Nigerian commoners. The white person you are talking about does not have access to the elite of their society, they didn’t go to the same schools as children of senators business leaders , governors etc. they don’t have the numbers of these sorts of people in their address book. The equivalent white elite do not allow themselves to be approached by commoners because to begin with you will not find yourselves in the same social setting. When the Nigerian elite marry, they marry themselves. Its the same all over the world. It’s not about money, it’s about social class. People with class don’t mix with commoners either in Nigeria, Uk, USA, India, Lebanon, UAE. They don’t even stay in the sort of areas where the majority of Nigerians will stay. A friend once said, homes in London are small. I told him these are not the homes of your type of people, go to surrey, and see where the elite British live. They have servants just like we do back home. The people you are seeing are the commoners. The people who live in Ajah, Akowonjo, Ipaja, Abilene eggs, Amuwo and co. Imagine interacting with people from such areas and thinking you understand the real Nigerian elite? Those are commoners!!!

Whites marry whites, blacks marry blacks, Indians marry Indians etc etc. those who cross breed are generally commoners. Unless went to their schools, Harvard, Yale, Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, Imperial, MIT etc etc, you wil not even get the opportunity to mix the proper whites. The oyinbo you went to school with at Georgia tech, north London, east London University etc etc are children of commoners. Those you are mixing with are commoners….commoners have no standards to begin with they would rather die than go to such universities. They are the equivalent of the Tonto Dikehs of Nigeria, that they may have money like Kanye and the Kardashians makes no difference. Their children cannot gain admission into the exclusive jack and Jill club that a black or white civil servant with pedigree on a meager $100k a year can. If you think that a bricklayer or cab driver should be able to approach a woman who has pedigree, then you are clearly a commoner and have never interacted with women of pedigree either in Nigeria or abroad. They will dismiss you without even saying a word.

Secondly you need to learn how to read and comprehend. I specifically said most people live to pay bills so your second paragraph is pointless. I have told you this is not about being rich. The only requirement for a man is that he must be able to fend for himself and his family. Otherwise he has no business with a woman….and any woman of value has no business being with him.

A proper Oyinbo woman, just like a proper Nigerian woman, Indian, Emirati, Lebanese, German, French etc will not give you the time of day unless you are from her social class and she can smell your class and pedigree from afar no matter how expensive your designer attire. In fact it is usually a dead giveaway of “common”. The reality is your paths will never cross, just like your paths will never cross with the children of the elite of Nigeria. Is it that you went to the same schools or attend the same social events or travel in the same class so where do you want to meet? So stop drawing conclusions based on interactions with commoners without pedigree.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by MyAmericandream(f): 7:52pm On Jul 19, 2023
Moniya4Real:
Almost dear but not All. I am literally good looking, tall with a nice physique, educated, financially okay, caring, God fearing and I make sacrifices a lot for people but I must admit I still don’t have it All because as humans, we aren’t perfect.

As tall as 6’3?
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:13pm On Jul 19, 2023
casualobserver:
The 1st part of your post shows you are a commoner or have the mindset of a commoner. One of the things I often tell Nigerians when they go abroad is…don’t think that because a white person can speak English, they are on the same level as you, assuming you are on any level. The problem with many Nigerians is the white people they interact with are the commoners. And they behave like commoners. The white people you are talking about are commoners just like a Nigerian commoners. The white person you are talking about does not have access to the elite of their society, they didn’t go to the same schools as children of senators business leaders , governors etc. they don’t have the numbers of these sorts of people in their address book. The equivalent white elite do not allow themselves to be approached by commoners because to begin with you will not find yourselves in the same social setting. When the Nigerian elite marry, they marry themselves. Its the same all over the world. It’s not about money, it’s about social class. People with class don’t mix with commoners either in Nigeria, Uk, USA, India, Lebanon, UAE. They don’t even stay in the sort of areas where the majority of Nigerians will stay. A friend once said, homes in London are small. I told him these are not the homes of your type of people, go to surrey, and see where the elite British live. They have servants just like we do back home. The people you are seeing are the commoners. The people who live in Ajah, Akowonjo, Ipaja, Abilene eggs, Amuwo and co. Imagine interacting with people from such areas and thinking you understand the real Nigerian elite? Those are commoners!!!

now you are truly showing an inferiority complex, swerving this discussion from picking a wife to now talking about marrying someone who is rich/famous/elite.
majority of white aint upper class nor elite, and just because a few dont want to mix, doesnt mean that these people are the representation of the white race. saying that because elite marry elite, it means white women that marry other races are "below" these elite, is so far from the truth, its funny! the problem you dont understand is that today the elites anywhere in the world are black yellow and green, the time when the elite were solely white is done and out (especially in the US). when you go to the country clubs, you see equally blacks, indians and asians (especially Chinese)... and even though Chinese have very little class, their money/power around the world open all the doors. go to any top elite schools around the world, and you will find you fair share of black/Asian/Indian kids.

but most importantly, who cares about these elites, they are the minority in the white population out there. in the US only, they make only 2% of the population... and truly, i wouldnt care less what these people do as it is irrelevant to this discussion. the majority of white people around the world have no problem with marrying anyone they are attracted to (whether black yellow or green)... and thats what matters here.

Whites marry whites, blacks marry blacks, Indians marry Indians etc etc. those who cross breed are generally commoners. Unless went to their schools, Harvard, Yale, Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, Imperial, MIT etc etc, you wil not even get the opportunity to mix the proper whites. The oyinbo you went to school with at Georgia tech, north London, east London University etc etc are children of commoners. Those you are mixing with are commoners….commoners have no standards to begin with they would rather die than go to such universities. They are the equivalent of the Tonto Dikehs of Nigeria, that they may have money like Kanye and the Kardashians makes no difference. Their children cannot gain admission into the exclusive jack and Jill club that a black or white civil servant with pedigree on a meager $100k a year can. If you think that a bricklayer or cab driver should be able to approach a woman who has pedigree, then you are clearly a commoner and have never interacted with women of pedigree either in Nigeria or abroad. They will dismiss you without even saying a word.

the above is such a sad post, truly sad! you living in la la land.... EVEN the royal family got mixed, thanks to prince Harry, and there is nobody above them when it comes to "elite". BWAAAAAAAH! ask Monaco prince and his black illegitimate child if he doesnt sleep and have children with blacks... or better yet, why dont you ask his black illegitimate child Alexandre Grimaldi-Coste about it (i guess since they dont mix, he must have fukced his mother via wifi abi). sadly, you have all the right to believe what you wanna believe. to each their own!

Secondly you need to learn how to read and comprehend. I specifically said most people live to pay bills so your second paragraph is pointless. I have told you this is not about being rich. The only requirement for a man is that he must be able to fend for himself and his family. Otherwise he has no business with a woman….and any woman of value has no business being with him.

again, your definition of "broke" man is (as you stated) a man with no potential, no future, while my definition of broke is anyone who took care of their life responsibilities and then have no more left to spend on irrelevant life frivolities.... not to be mistaken with a POOR man (who in my book) are men who cant take care of their life responsibilities. in my book, a broke man who meets a broke woman can easily have a great family life for themselves. his contribution with her contribution will support the family!

A proper Oyinbo woman, just like a proper Nigerian woman, Indian, Emirati, Lebanese, German, French etc will not give you the time of day unless you are from her social class and she can smell your class and pedigree from afar no matter how expensive your designer attire. In fact it is usually a dead giveaway of “common”.

in the US, 98% of white women would NOT be elite, therefore they would be the majority and would easily find a man to marry whether common or not. the fact that you keep talking about these elite further shows your inferiority complex, as if these elite were better humans to marry than other people of their race.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Columbine(m): 8:15pm On Jul 19, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
it should never be character over beauty.... but instead beauty WITH the right character. choosing an ugly wife that has the right character is as useless as having a beautiful dumb wife

When you say one is ugly, what do you mean?
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:16pm On Jul 19, 2023
Columbine:
When you say one is ugly, what do you mean?

have you never seen an ugly woman?! i believe in my book, anyone below a 5 is ugly. remember everyone have a different view of what is a 5 TO THEM.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by casualobserver: 8:21pm On Jul 19, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

now you are truly showing an inferiority complex, swerving this discussion from picking a wife to now talking about marrying someone who is rich/famous/elite.
majority of white aint upper class nor elite, and just because a few dont want to mix, doesnt mean that these people are the representation of the white race. saying that because elite marry elite, it means white women that marry other races are "below" these elite, is so far from the truth, its funny! the problem you dont understand is that today the elites anywhere in the world are black yellow and green, the time when the elite were solely white is done and out (especially in the US). when you go to the country clubs, you see equally blacks, indians and asians (especially Chinese)... and even though Chinese have very little class, their money/power around the world open all the doors. go to any top elite schools around the world, and you will find you fair share of black/Asian/Indian kids.

but most importantly, who cares about these elites, they are the minority in the white population out there. in the US only, they make only 2% of the population... and truly, i wouldnt care less what these people do as it is irrelevant to this discussion. the majority of white people around the world have no problem with marrying anyone they are attracted to (whether black yellow or green)... and thats what matters here.

the above is such a sad post, truly sad! you living in la la land.... EVEN the royal family got mixed, thanks to prince Harry, and there is nobody above them when it comes to "elite". BWAAAAAAAH! sadly, you have all the right to believe what you wanna believe. to each their own!

again, your definition of "broke" man is (as you stated) a man with no potential, no future, while my definition of broke is anyone who took care of their life responsibilities and then have no more left to spend on irrelevant life frivolities.... not to be mistaken with a POOR man (who in my book) are men who cant take care of their life responsibilities. in my book, a broke man who meets a broke woman can easily have a great family life for themselves. his contribution with her contribution will support the family!

in the US, 98% of white women would NOT be elite, therefore they would be the majority and would easily find a man to marry whether common or not. the fact that you keep talking about these elite further shows your inferiority complex, as if these elite were better humans to marry than other people of their race.

Like I said you have the mindset of a commoner nothing else need be said. That you think a woman can be approached by an Uber driver says it all, you and the women you think should allow themselves to be approached by anyone have no standards. I didn’t bother to read the rest of your drivel. I stopped when I saw the word rich. Again for the umpteenth time this has nothing to to with wealth…again showing your commoner mindset. Money money money…typical of commoners!!!

It is people like you that their wives end up sleeping with houseboys and drivers because you marry women without standards and boundaries.

90% of people who marry outside their race or tribe do so because they don’t have what it takes to attract the best of their own! Deal with the fact!

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:27pm On Jul 19, 2023
casualobserver:
Like I said you have the mindset of a commoner nothing else need be said. That you think a woman can be approached by an Uber driver says it all, you and the women you think should allow themselves to be approached by anyone have no standards. I didn’t bother to read the rest of your drivel. I stopped when I saw the word rich. Again for the umpteenth time this has nothing to to with wealth…again showing your commoner mindset. Money money money…typical of commoners!!!

bro, i am a commoner 100 times over, and proud to be... and as 98% of women in the US are commoner themselves, then i would expect these women to be approach by their peers, same in Europe or Africa. the fact that you believe that because 2% of the population are elite, therefore NO WOMAN should be approached by Uber drivers or Bricklayers (while the majority of the population are uber driver/bricklayer types), is the JOKE OF THE DAY!

the "commoners" are the majority of the population, not the way around! stop viewing your life in the eyes of people who dont even live in your world and/or dont want to mix with you.

It is people like you that their wives end up sleeping with houseboys and drivers because you marry women without standards and boundaries.90% of people who marry outside their race or tribe do so because they don’t have what it takes to attract the best of their own! Deal with the fact!

please tell us how the 2% population will marry all the 98% of the population? duh!
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by casualobserver: 8:31pm On Jul 19, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

bro, i am a commoner 100 times over, and proud to be... and as 98% of women in the US are commoner themselves, then i would expect these women to be approach by their peers, same in Europe or Africa. the fact that you believe that because 2% of the population are elite, therefore NO WOMAN should be approached by Uber drivers or Bricklayers (while the majority of the population are uber driver/bricklayer types), is the JOKE OF THE DAY!

the "commoners" are the majority of the population, not the way around! stop viewing your life in the eyes of people who dont even live in your world and/or dont want to mix with you.

please tell us how the 2% population will marry all the 98% of the population? duh!

We don’t come from the same strata of society so we can’t see eye to eye. Have a good day.

Please don’t quote me or respond to me, it is clear we don’t see eye to eye and never will.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by pansophist(m): 8:37pm On Jul 19, 2023
AreaFada2:

Some will call you hypocrite but you are wiser, as I can see.
There was one babe wey dey panic me that year. Very pretty yellow pawpaw. Sha, we didn't end up together, for ever after as was planned. The sad story is for another day.

Today, her beauty is not as I used to see it. Perhaps because I see her more of a sister or old friend.

I now feel grateful it ended up that way despite the pain back then.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Character trumps anytime.

There was one banker in my church back then. A tall, educated, fine man. Back then, all the spinsters in the church were tripping for him.

He use to lead the singing practice, and that's where all the girls would come and sing to impress him, wearing skimpy clothes and trying to win him with their looks.

What shocked the whole church was when he announced he was getting married, and his wife was not that pretty. His wife was slim, looks bony, and was just the normal okay lady that won't turn your head.

Back then, I couldn't comprehend why he would choose such a lady over those beautiful young ones in church, but as a grew older, I understood him completely.

If you have been with ladies that gave you some of the most advanced manipulation tactics, are habitual liars, and see you for nothing more than meet her material targets, you will always choose character over beauty. This is not to say that being beautiful automatically means having a bad character.

But if a man is at a crossroads where it is between beauty and character, he should always pick a character. In a time where over 80% of divorces are initiated by women, and lots of women see marriage as a place for soft life, and not for better or worse, a man will be digging his grave to overlook everything because a woman is fine.

It is also men that haven't been with beautiful girls before overvalue beauty. Be with a beautiful woman for a month and she will be normal in your eyes. Especially when you live with her and realize she is human like you that fart, shit, and needs your money grin

Back to the banker. This man is my friend on Facebook. He is enjoying his life in the UK since he left when japa hasn't become a thing. No such things as divorce, or marital problems, he is at peace and enjoying his marriage.

Goodluck to you if you find a beautiful woman that has a good character. But if there are two women, and one has a wonderful character than the other, character always wins.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by WhereMyLoud: 8:37pm On Jul 19, 2023
Nor vex i never still decide that one
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:39pm On Jul 19, 2023
casualobserver:
We don’t come from the same strata of society so we can’t see eye to eye. Have a good day.

no we certainly dont... i come from a strata of society that believes that EVERY HUMAN BEINGS whether rich or poor, black or white have different character... anyone who believe that the lives of the 2% of the population is relevant to the 98% of the rest of the population, is clearly living in la la land.

i love my white/latina/asian women, and whether commoner or not, they bring the type of joy any man requires in his life (no offense to my black sistas). ALLELUJAH!

have a fantastic afternoon.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by pansophist(m): 9:06pm On Jul 19, 2023
AreaFada2:

Some will call you hypocrite but you are wiser, as I can see. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Character trumps anytime.

Them fit call me anything they want bros. I don't care. A slave is either someone that has no freedom, or someone that is not free from what others think or said about them.

People wey go call me hypocrite, if you stay with them for one day, you go see so much fault in one person, you go come de vex why you dey allow an imperfect being to judge you.

Before someone will earn the right to judge you for not meeting their moral standards, they have to be Godlike, humans are too imperfect for that position.

Indifference na wetin fit those virtue-signallers wey be experts in pointing out other's faults, but completely blind to their own fault. Let he who is without sin be the first to throw stones.

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

When Is One Ready To Get Married? A MUST-READ / Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? / Women Who Didn't Marry As Virgin Should Return To Their Parent's House -Man Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.