Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,752 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife (25638 Views)

See These And Decide If You Still Want To Have Plenty Kids / Why Did Slain Usifo Ataga Cheat On Pretty Wife Brenda Ataga? / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Abolodje: 2:06pm On Jul 19, 2023
My wife no get brain I just picked the pussy and money normal
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by iLoveYouToo(m): 2:06pm On Jul 19, 2023
Fortune118005:

Beauty can fade away at old age but character remains.

True but most folks think it’s a myth. I co-sign this because I’ve experienced it first hand
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by illicit(m): 2:07pm On Jul 19, 2023
It depends
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 19, 2023
I ran away from big nyash and bress, I thought that was what will keep a man.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by ATEAMS: 2:08pm On Jul 19, 2023
U will still see true colours.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Rubyjade: 2:08pm On Jul 19, 2023
MOULD HER
Monman56:
I have very high specifications I want from my to be woman and I know its difficult to find. What point did you decide to settle for Character over beauty or did you get the high requirements you wanted.

No insults please
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Jsucre(m): 2:10pm On Jul 19, 2023
Choose beauty o. E get why. Character can be changed. E.g person wey get good character today fit change to bad character tomorrow. Beautiful with a touch of character is a sweet experience.

8 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by inforesource: 2:10pm On Jul 19, 2023
Monman56:
I have very high specifications I want from my to be woman and I know its difficult to find. What point did you decide to settle for Character over beauty or did you get the high requirements you wanted.

No insults please
TRUTH is long lasting and true character an antidot for heart attack.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Betterperson001(m): 2:11pm On Jul 19, 2023
Beauty and Character is like front end and back end in programming.
Men are most likely to fall in 'lust' for the beauty but in 'love' for the character.

7 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Jsucre(m): 2:11pm On Jul 19, 2023
Fortune118005:

Beauty can fade away at old age but character remains.
you said old age, wetin una wan use beauty for when both of una don old.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Monman56: 2:11pm On Jul 19, 2023
First person sharing real experience. I appreciate
opalu:
When the first courtship showed me where, I didn't need anyone to tell me to leave beauty to chase character. After 16 years, I have seen that, that lady is not even beautiful as I thought. She exploded in size ehnn. Kudos to her husband lolz
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by ApostlePaul14: 2:12pm On Jul 19, 2023
Hahaha .
Some confuse lust for love. My ex was d domineering type but so beautiful and hardworking.
I won live long o, I no fit die of BP because I won marry ceremonial wife😉

15 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Tradepunter2: 2:12pm On Jul 19, 2023
Monman56:
Very true but again do you realise that some people's perception of beauty changes over time. Like a not so beautiful lady can become beautiful in a person's eyes after some years of acceptance and also some ladies can become ugly to some people because of consistent awful character

Leave that one with his nonsense assertion.... Character any time any day.... A beautiful lady with bad character will kill you on time.... My wife wasn't my ideal but ooo boy, I have grown than I could ever imagine.... She's like a last born in my family.... So also am I like a senior brother in her family..... But prior to marrying her I was engaged to a beautiful lady.... She was evil personified.... Every man wanted to fk her.... And she used those to her advantage to manipulate in order to get her way.... Years down the line she's still confused and single and am married with 2 beautiful girls.....

CHARACTER DWARF BEAUTY.... CUZ THE BEAUTY CAN become UGLY WHEN THE CHARACTER IS USELESS

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by BornToSucced(m): 2:15pm On Jul 19, 2023
Bros. When you meet a woman, it’s her beauty that would initially attract you. As you get to know her, it’s her character that would sustain you.

So the only way not to get confused is to know exactly what you want from your potential wife - beauty over character, or vice versa. That’s what works for me when I got married.

Take note, there’s no perfect human being, and as such, no matter how careful you are in choosing your spouse, be ready for some unpleasant behaviors you have to endure.

Know this and know peace!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by OgunkeelAllMod: 2:15pm On Jul 19, 2023
No picking no banny anymore undecidedMost naija ladies are like ojuyobo,better known thiefnu-ibu... RENEWED JIBITI!!! angry cheesy
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by dhope: 2:16pm On Jul 19, 2023
Na experience oo. When beautiful one showed me shege then I jejely looked out for character that I can live with

6 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Nteogwuija(m): 2:16pm On Jul 19, 2023
Monman56:

No insults please

My friend's mum advised to consider my future kids b4 picking a woman for marriage.

Sometimes character alone isn't enough. You want to have kids that are adorable and not the ones that make u second guess yourself.

5 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Ate247(m): 2:16pm On Jul 19, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
it should never be character over beauty.... but instead beauty WITH the right character. choosing an ugly wife that has the right character is as useless as having a beautiful dumb wife
There is no ugly human. You can't even create sand. so stop tagging someone as ugly.

9 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Autobiography: 2:17pm On Jul 19, 2023
I would rather choose character, then after d marriage, when madam is home, I can scout...,🤔😂😉 Home front secured...

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by emblem2d(m): 2:19pm On Jul 19, 2023
Monman56:
Very true but again do you realise that some people's perception of beauty changes over time. Like a not so beautiful lady can become beautiful in a person's eyes after some years of acceptance and also some ladies can become ugly to some people because of consistent awful character
you've said it all, beauty lie's in the eyes of the beholder.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by hybrid77: 2:19pm On Jul 19, 2023
Justkatty:
You write like a poet.

Like chat gpt
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by jaxxy(m): 2:20pm On Jul 19, 2023
Monman56:

No insults please

because beauty was broke and yet rude, stubborn, lies and cheats

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Bluearrow: 2:21pm On Jul 19, 2023
Monman56:
This is not very true
Like the person who quoted u said, both beauty & character are important. Beauty is what attract & character retains. But the truth is, without beauty, the attraction won't even be there in the first place to know if the person got a good character. You yourself will not easily be attracted to an ugly woman.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Kobicove(m): 2:21pm On Jul 19, 2023
onumadu:
Most men would choose good character while still eying that beautiful woman. lol
As long as we assume ONE WIFE, that is why men cheat.
Else, a man would marry that good woman, and then support her with the trophy wife. cool
That is why monogyny/monogamy (compulsory one wife) is NOT natural.

There is some truth in what you have said cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by blingxx(m): 2:22pm On Jul 19, 2023
onumadu:
Most men would choose good character while still eying that beautiful woman. lol
As long as we assume ONE WIFE, that is why men cheat.
Else, a man would marry that good woman, and then support her with the trophy wife. cool
That is why monogyny/monogamy (compulsory one wife) is NOT natural.
Like me... Na two woman I go marry laslas.. I'm an African man grin angry i no really send anybody

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by ibawon(m): 2:22pm On Jul 19, 2023
Once you meet an intelligent person you see past their facial appearance. Once you meet an unintelligent person their beauty fades away fast, except when what is in your pants is what controls you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by faoogoke(m): 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2023
Beauty was never something I looked out for in a lady I want to marry.
In fact beauty was a turn off. There are some many of them that are beautiful. God who mad them made them beautiful. Id rather be attracted by virtue first then beauty.
If you look for beauty you will never end up with one because just when you think you have seen a beautiful one then you come across another more beautiful.

10 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Moniya4Real(m): 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2023
But why is it almost practically impossible to find a woman with these qualities: Facial beauty, Normal height, beautiful skin, big, pointed boobs, big as…, nice steppings, loyal, Brilliant, intelligent, unselfish, loving and God-fearing and a VIRGIN? All these qualities I want in a woman, if POSSIBLE though.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Omoawoke: 2:24pm On Jul 19, 2023
Character and beauty matters in marriage.

Would I say because she has good character then marry a ugly girl that I find unattractive.
And I won't marry a beautiful girl with dirty manners.

I'll balance it, find a descent girl that I find attractive.
That's important

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Pronto64: 2:25pm On Jul 19, 2023
It is only with experience you will realize the actually beauty is a good character. However in marriage it is best you are guided by the will of God.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by ItooWorWor(m): 2:25pm On Jul 19, 2023
Monman56:

No insults please

Character and beauty must go together.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Wife Is Dating Her Boss. Pls Help Me. / Mum With An Autistic Child Reflects On Her Emotional Journey As He Turns 10 / Zimbabwean Man Seeks Divorce Over Inability To Satisfy Wife With Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.