Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife (25619 Views)

See These And Decide If You Still Want To Have Plenty Kids / Why Did Slain Usifo Ataga Cheat On Pretty Wife Brenda Ataga? / My FiancΓ©e Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by vickydevoka(m): 3:05pm On Jul 19, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
it should never be character over beauty.... but instead beauty WITH the right character. choosing an ugly wife that has the right character is as useless as having a beautiful dumb wife
Lol. My guy marry de most beautiful girl I don see. After 3 years with two kids , them divorced. Him go marry black shirt wowo girl. I ask am y him marry opposite of en first wife, him say him never one die early yet, as en de below 35 as at that time. Omo beauty no follow for marriage. If u marry wowo babe just born one train am well. U think say obi cubana children fine pass or dele mamadu. Just get money and connections ur wowo children go de alright.

If you look around you go notice say most beautiful girl no de get papa. Person say make I do experiment. Omo na true.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by sylve11: 3:06pm On Jul 19, 2023
Some are ugly, short and still have terrible characteristics. embarassed cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by vickydevoka(m): 3:06pm On Jul 19, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
it should never be character over beauty.... but instead beauty WITH the right character. choosing an ugly wife that has the right character is as useless as having a beautiful dumb wife
Lol. My guy marry de most beautiful girl I don see. After 3 years with two kids , them divorced. Him go marry black shirt wowo girl. I ask am y him marry opposite of en first wife, him say him never one die early yet, as en de below 35 as at that time. Omo beauty no follow for marriage. If u marry wowo babe just born one train am well. U think say obi cubana children fine pass or dele mamadu. Just get money and connections ur wowo children go de alright.

If you look around you go notice say most beautiful girl no de get papa. Person say make I do experiment. Omo na true. If girl too fine just make her baby mama like celebrity. Attitude over beauty any day

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Tomgerald(m): 3:09pm On Jul 19, 2023
1. Most beautiful ladies flirts around and they are chased by men.
2. The lack good behavior and manners.
3. They can go out look for other men because of their beauty.
Monman56:
I have very high specifications I want from my to be woman and I know its difficult to find. What point did you decide to settle for Character over beauty or did you get the high requirements you wanted.

No insults please
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by cejaypriesty(m): 3:10pm On Jul 19, 2023
I wasn't really looking for a beautiful woman perse I was more into intellectual capacity, ability to raise Godly kids and contribute positively to home- building but fortunately for me, I married both beauty and brain.When I look at my wife ,I always think God really favoured me after not so good experiences that I had with ladies before I met her .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by PECON1(m): 3:12pm On Jul 19, 2023
vickydevoka:

Lol. My guy marry de most beautiful girl I don see. After 3 years with two kids , them divorced. Him go marry black shirt wowo girl. I ask am y him marry opposite of en first wife, him say him never one die early yet, as en de below 35 as at that time. Omo beauty no follow for marriage. If u marry wowo babe just born one train am well. U think say obi cubana children fine pass or dele mamadu. Just get money and connections ur wowo children go de alright. I have observed the same too, they no dey get papa and they always comes from poor homes and still has the highest entitlement mentality.

If you look around you go notice say most beautiful girl no de get papa. Person say make I do experiment. Omo na true.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by t2luv1: 3:13pm On Jul 19, 2023
Monman56:
I have very high specifications I want from my to be woman and I know its difficult to find. What point did you decide to settle for Character over beauty or did you get the high requirements you wanted.

No insults please

When I realized she will be the one raising my children. After that, it was a simple decision, and every day I always thank God I made.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by PECON1(m): 3:13pm On Jul 19, 2023
vickydevoka:

them no dey get papa and always comes from poor homes. I have observed too

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Goalnaldo(m): 3:15pm On Jul 19, 2023
Just have big and soft ass. My good character is enough for both of usπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by vickydevoka(m): 3:18pm On Jul 19, 2023
PECON1:
them no dey get papa and always comes from poor homes. I have observed too
Lol. Mostly single mothers and divorced mothers
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by blueAgent(m): 3:21pm On Jul 19, 2023
Moniya4Real:
But why is it almost practically impossible to find a woman with these qualities: Facial beauty, Normal height, beautiful skin, big, pointed boobs, big as…, nice steppings, loyal, Brilliant, intelligent, unselfish, loving and God-fearing and a VIRGIN? All these qualities I want in a woman, if POSSIBLE though.
;

grin grin grin

Find clay go mold ur own woman.

Oliver twist.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by blueAgent(m): 3:22pm On Jul 19, 2023
Omoawoke:
Character and beauty matters in marriage.

Would I say because she has good character then marry a ugly girl that I find unattractive.
And I won't marry a beautiful girl with dirty manners.

I'll balance it, find a descent girl that I find attractive.
That's important

Very true.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Boc007(m): 3:24pm On Jul 19, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
It's funny how most men place character over beauty and the next minute they are out there shouting fine girl come " and even when the fine girl" says get lost! They'll still be chasing her regardless. Lol πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚. Umu nwoke, make una dey talk true.

A male colleague of mine once told me he would rather marry a beautiful ogbanje girl than marry an ugly girl with good character and he was serious about it. Hian!

I’d love to know the result of his experience.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by donbenie(m): 3:25pm On Jul 19, 2023
IconicR:
The right people will answer you
The same people you labelled hypocritical?
Talk about hypocrisy..
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by blueAgent(m): 3:25pm On Jul 19, 2023
ceejay80s:
Just imagine the topic wey dey front page on-top #700 per litre fuel

grin grin grin

Waiting you want ppl to do,Riot?
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by yusufmurry: 3:28pm On Jul 19, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

Is anyone ugly? Na money be fine bobo
The lady you think is beautiful, spends much and pay attention to her

I rather go for "ugly" with good character as a wife than "beautiful" with bad character

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Tonytonex(m): 3:28pm On Jul 19, 2023
Monman56:

No insults please
mine will be both.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by BoboKush(m): 3:28pm On Jul 19, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

I av always thought of this

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by blueAgent(m): 3:29pm On Jul 19, 2023
sparko1:

Once you don't find her attractive, she will only get worse, you can only console yourself with those statements, deep down, you know she'll never be what you wanted.

To answer your question, never, never try to pick an ugly lady because of character, most of those ladies are worse but because of[b] low patronage[/b], they decided to be maleable, after marriage, then you will understand.

grin grin grin ;

Which one be low patronage?
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Jewessgratitud3: 3:30pm On Jul 19, 2023
Boc007:

I’d love to know the result of his experience.

Lol.. the last time I saw him was at Yaba market. He was holding a little child but I didn't see any wife beside him and he looked so rough and haggard compared to back then. Me I just throway face like I don't know him. We worked together in 2004 I now saw him again in 2020. I just boned him. No time for reunion thinz abeg.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Tonytonex(m): 3:31pm On Jul 19, 2023
pansophist:
Character is everlasting, beauty is fleeting. That's why you must choose character above looks.

And even if you get your beauty standards, her beauty will become the new normal, just as your novel gadgets become ordinary. If her character is not right, she will quickly transform into the ugliest woman in the world.

Most importantly, the true meaning of marriage is tieing yourself with someone competent, so that you can both become stronger, and formidable together. Beauty cant look after you when you are sick for example, but a woman with a good character.

If marriage is a ship, then the couples are the sailors. In the midst of the storm, a beautiful sailor is useless, but you need a competent (think character) one that can sail with you and prevent the ship from sinking.

If you want to go far in life, you need an ally that will traverse this journey of life with you, and character is the engine of it.
I stopped here.
I no read comments again. πŸ’™πŸ‘πŸΌ

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by NOwazobia: 3:32pm On Jul 19, 2023
Relationship most times happens subconsciously, where you don't have the chance to decided whether beautiful or not.

Familiarity is the new beautiful.

two friends who are very into each other never get to decided the degree of beauty that lies ok their exterior parts.

Same with colleagues.

From the male side. Once they are ready to settle for good, the person that tickles their mind the most is the most beautiful, irrespective of how the lady may actually look outside.

From the Female perspective, the male that takes care, and gives them lots of attention is the most handsome when they are serious about settling down.

These things happens subconsciously; like you getting ambush by your feelings. Before you know it, you find yourself saying I do, even while others may scream she is too ugly, he is too ugly.

Those who are still skeptical about settling down, are the once you see giving excuses about beauty, and other irrelevant stuff, and when they finally push themselves, you see them having issues in their marriages.

Serious people just want to settle down with the person with whom they have mutual understanding and care.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Tonnyray: 3:35pm On Jul 19, 2023
I got both in her.
Took me a while but I finally got both in one.
No compromise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Jlehiz: 3:36pm On Jul 19, 2023
Beauty without character is like an empty keg without wine.Check most of the influencial wealthy men, you will see that their wife are not that beautiful. But the ones with beautiful wife mostly end up in divorce eg

P*st*r Chris Oy*khilomen

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by AreaFada2: 3:40pm On Jul 19, 2023
pansophist:
Character is everlasting, beauty is fleeting. That's why you must choose character above looks.

And even if you get your beauty standards, her beauty will become the new normal, just as your novel gadgets become ordinary. If her character is not right, she will quickly transform into the ugliest woman in the world.

Most importantly, the true meaning of marriage is tieing yourself with someone competent, so that you can both become stronger, and formidable together. Beauty cant look after you when you are sick for example, but a woman with a good character.

If marriage is a ship, then the couples are the sailors. In the midst of the storm, a beautiful sailor is useless, but you need a competent (think character) one that can sail with you and prevent the ship from sinking.

If you want to go far in life, you need an ally that will traverse this journey of life with you, and character is the engine of it.

Some will call you hypocrite but you are wiser, as I can see.
There was one babe wey dey panic me that year. Very pretty yellow pawpaw. Sha, we didn't end up together, for ever after as was planned. The sad story is for another day.

Today, her beauty is not as I used to see it. Perhaps because I see her more of a sister or old friend.

I now feel grateful it ended up that way despite the pain back then.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Character trumps anytime.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by vickydevoka(m): 3:43pm On Jul 19, 2023
sylve11:
Some are ugly, short and still have terrible characteristics. embarassed cool
Please Avoid short girls, whether ugly or fine. They only advantage be say them sabi hustle Buh dem get domineering attitude. Dem sabi nag like hell

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Chucks13: 3:47pm On Jul 19, 2023
Bro I pray u no go fall for real jezebel in the name of beauty wallahi you go forget your date of birth.

I'm not saying you should marry ugly babe but don't let beauty entice you and overlook a real bitch from the pit of hell she will change your destiny in a matter of months e go do you like movie.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Tommydare(m): 3:47pm On Jul 19, 2023
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some people are not necessarily after beautiful women. As long as the woman has a good character they are ok. But at the same time beauty can be achieved/gotten as the case may be but u see character....u can't get it in the market. And not all women have these two things together. It's only few. And what is a beautiful women with a bad character? She is like a tasteless sausage roll from Mr biggs.
MrBrownJay1:

true, but we all know that the first impression is what gets you to notice someone to remotely wanna get to know them... and that 1st impression is solely physical.... nobody sees an ugly girl and says:" let me get close to this woman and see if she has good character", that doesnt happen... your beauty/sex appeal is what will get someone to notice you FIRST, thats the initial foundation that you will use to build a r/ship with that person, and although you need other foundations to make a great r/ship stand the time, beauty (aka physical attraction) is a well needed foundation.

yes, beauty fades but by then, the r/ship you have built is so strong (thanks to other foundations that support you r/ship), that even if beauty is gone completely, you would still want to be with that person.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by XtraFortunes: 3:48pm On Jul 19, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
It's funny how most men place character over beauty and the next minute they are out there shouting fine girl come " and even when the fine girl" says get lost! They'll still be chasing her regardless. Lol πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚. Umu nwoke, make una dey talk true.

A male colleague of mine once told me he would rather marry a beautiful ogbanje girl than marry an ugly girl with good character and he was serious about it. Hian!

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. A girl who is beautiful to one man is ugly to another. Some men like big ynash others don't. Some like big breast others don't . So while your colleague is running after that girl someone else doesn't give a Bleep about her undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by josh25(m): 3:49pm On Jul 19, 2023
Because at the end of the day, beauty fades but character keeps the marriage going smiley
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Tommydare(m): 3:50pm On Jul 19, 2023
It's a lie. Money can repair all faces at least to some extent that will appease the eyes.
Monman56:
grin.... Money cannot repair some face oh
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by cheleku(m): 3:53pm On Jul 19, 2023
It couldn't be said any better.
pansophist:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Husband Denied Me Sex For 8 Years, Woman Tells Court / My Wife Is Dating Her Boss. Pls Help Me. / Mum With An Autistic Child Reflects On Her Emotional Journey As He Turns 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.