Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife (25699 Views)

See These And Decide If You Still Want To Have Plenty Kids / Why Did Slain Usifo Ataga Cheat On Pretty Wife Brenda Ataga? / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Olat4421: 9:15pm On Jul 19, 2023
Henry22:
Me what I keep asking myself is why is it that the ugly or moderate girls are the ones getting married every weekend while the very beautiful ones are always used as aseobi girls?🤔
u are right sha mi sef Dey wonder y all dis girl wey Dey do asoebi nd bride friend Dey fine pass wife cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Gagare1(m): 9:20pm On Jul 19, 2023
Monman56:
Wow... How easy or difficult was it

Easy as ABC. It was love at first sight for me; I just knew that she is the one. But as a principled man who doesn't double date, I did not even say a word to her until after I walked out of a toxic relationship, and made sure I had enough time to think through (an confirm that I wasn't infatuating).

So when I finally opened up to her, it was a straight green light. As soon as parents got involved, then other suitors were told to clear (both our families are strict).

She beats my ex on all positive sides.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Olat4421: 9:21pm On Jul 19, 2023
casualobserver:

Trust me, a beautiful woman with an attitude or entitlement problem or “goddess complex” is the most unfixable character in a woman. It’s a one way path to destruction for a man. There are beautiful women with good character they are few and it is mostly because they have been brought up well. The others who make up the majority, are fundamentally bad news, it’s just the way it is, it’s not their fault, it’s the way the world has programmed them to be. From childhood they have grown up entitled, all they e ever heard all their lives is how beautiful they are, the center of attention, weak men have sucked up to them all their lives, they are used to getting things from weak men. These are not habits of a lifetime you can “fix”. Usually by the time they realize they have a problem they are too old to have any value to a man.

Don’t even waste your time considering them for marriage. Smash and run or just walk away. They are not worth the headache. Note I didn’t say ALL beautiful women, I said the ones with an entitlement mentality which is the majority of beautiful women. Look at men who are successful and married, their wives are either not the most beautiful or when they are very beautiful. They are very modest, reserved and simple.
perfect example mark Zuckerberg nd jef bezoz wife mi wey no get money sef get taste woman taste pass dem grin grin grin
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by MrSmithy: 9:31pm On Jul 19, 2023
Bro!Money can transition every ugly man both woman into being beautiful...just settle with someone with the best character ever and invest money in her then you will understand better that money can change alot of situation.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Moniya4Real(m): 9:48pm On Jul 19, 2023
6”1

MyAmericandream:

As tall as 6’3?
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by MyAmericandream(f): 9:54pm On Jul 19, 2023
Moniya4Real:
6”1

You try, hope say you kan get sense join?
Is your virginity still intact sef ? grin
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Barnext(m): 9:59pm On Jul 19, 2023
Peace of mind..
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Dreadlock69(m): 10:02pm On Jul 19, 2023
Characte first . But you as a woman why you go ugly?

No offense. My pApa no marry ugly woman . My mama tooo fine with better character . I no fit marry ugly person if you like get character like nelson mandela , nah a disgrace to my mama abeg make unah free me.

BeAuty with good character yes

Average with good character yes

Black or white with good character yes

Ugly with good character capital letter no abeg jare

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Daxray07(m): 10:26pm On Jul 19, 2023
I personally don't think anybody is born ugly, most times na hardship dey squeeze people face. Some women that you think are beautiful by our societal standard is due to HIGH maintenance and packaging, bone all those things u dey see online. All those girls with heavy makeup, BBL, puffy lips, skin like milk, Huge mammary glands and fine hair na money and packaging if Dem remove all the artificial things finish for night u go run.

If a woman has a presentable physical feature and good character then she can be wifed 100% but hope una no dey confuse ugliness with deformity oh? For the sake of our children.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Moniya4Real(m): 10:30pm On Jul 19, 2023
Sense- absolutely, Virginity- I am a sexualy active guy who believes in Loyalty cos I am always loyal to any lady I am with.

MyAmericandream:

You try, hope say you kan get sense join?
Is your virginity still intact sef ? grin
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by AfonjaPriest: 10:45pm On Jul 19, 2023
Beauty is vain, character is the way. If the dame will bring you pain and shame, refrain or you'll go down with blame.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by WantsandMore: 11:01pm On Jul 19, 2023
Character is ingrained in DNA. Character is what people do when no one is looking...you need someone with the right ability to approach complexities with Tact and wisdom. These attributes must be common between both gender for a relationship to be stable.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by purples25(f): 12:31am On Jul 20, 2023
Most men care about beauty, very few care about character, even though character is important.

The truth is most men just don't care for character!
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Bukola94: 6:36am On Jul 20, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
It's funny how most men place character over beauty and the next minute they are out there shouting fine girl come " and even when the fine girl" says get lost! They'll still be chasing her regardless. Lol 😂 😂. Umu nwoke, make una dey talk true.

A male colleague of mine once told me he would rather marry a beautiful ogbanje girl than marry an ugly girl with good character and he was serious about it. Hian!

u see that fine girl most men are chasing ,they only want to mess with them, fine girls self knows this. U see that your colleague I won't call him simp, that is choice. I bang beautiful ladies, maybe that's what your friend called banks girls or ogbanje girls,fair ladies right? I go bang mummy water if that is what your friends called ogbanje, in fact their vagina got ororo as in oil. That's what Davido have been doing lately, fxcking those ogbanje baby mamas and impreganating them. Beauty is in the eyes, so I choose character, intelligent and home maker extra ( my own type of beauty is brown skin ladies, shining bright like diamond). Please anyone that have pictures that fit my description. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Rechargeam247(f): 7:16am On Jul 20, 2023
Lekan239:
Mary character to get rest of mind and die at old age. Be frolicking with beauty outside one's a while but don't let ur character wife at home knows
What a generation, smh. So when the character wife finds out and she leaves, you marry the beautiful side chick, smh.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by vickydevoka(m): 7:50am On Jul 20, 2023
IconicR:
Waiting to read their hypocritical comments .
If you stay in diaspora, you don’t have a choice of choosing attitude over beauty .Most girls way niggers go marry bring de wowor, no be say dem no like beauty, nobody woman way go chase am comot for house. Beauty most times is synonymous to bad character. Not all though. God knows how to balance everything in life
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 20, 2023
vickydevoka:

If you stay in diaspora, you don’t have a choice of choosing attitude over character. Most girls way niggers go marry bring de wowor, no be say dem no like beauty, nobody woman way go chase am comot for house. Beauty most times is synonymous to bad character. Not all though. God knows how to balance everything in life
😂 Bad Character is an individual thing and not attached to beauty, we have worwor(as you call it) that bad character wise

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by vickydevoka(m): 8:12am On Jul 20, 2023
IconicR:
😂 Bad Character is an individual thing and not attached to beauty, we have worwor(as you call it) that bad character wise
Exactly. I used to think like you, until I carried out a social experiment.
Y most beautiful lady end up as baby mama, y are de mostly divorcees.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by vickydevoka(m): 8:13am On Jul 20, 2023
IconicR:
Y most beautiful lady end up as baby mama, y are de mostly divorcees. We are talking about statistics here. Same with rich man being loyal in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by vickydevoka(m): 8:15am On Jul 20, 2023
IconicR:
Y most beautiful lady end up as baby mama, y are de mostly divorcees. We are talking about statistics here. Same with rich man being loyal in Nigeria. The more complet she looks , de more she's gonna give u wahala. Try friend fat girl come give me feed back. Only short girl I de fear. Bcus them go manipulate u ontop love. Them sabi hustle die, dem no de ever leave husband House. 😂
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 20, 2023
vickydevoka:

Y most beautiful lady end up as baby mama, y are de mostly divorcees. We are talking about statistics here. Same with rich man being loyal in Nigeria. The more complet she looks , de more she's gonna give u wahala. Try friend fat girl come give me feed back. Only short girl I de fear. Bcus them go manipulate u ontop love. Them sabi hustle die, dem no de ever leave husband House. 😂
lol snap out of this mentality so you won't miss out on a beautiful good woman
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by olempe(m): 8:19am On Jul 20, 2023
Coreect!
pansophist:
Character is everlasting, beauty is fleeting. That's why you must choose character above looks.

And even if you get your beauty standards, her beauty will become the new normal, just as your novel gadgets become ordinary. If her character is not right, she will quickly transform into the ugliest woman in the world.

Most importantly, the true meaning of marriage is tieing yourself with someone competent, so that you can both become stronger, and formidable together. Beauty cant look after you when you are sick for example, but a woman with a good character.

If marriage is a ship, then the couples are the sailors. In the midst of the storm, a beautiful sailor is useless, but you need a competent (think character) one that can sail with you and prevent the ship from sinking.

If you want to go far in life, you need an ally that will traverse this journey of life with you, and character is the engine of it.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Slurity(m): 8:31am On Jul 20, 2023
Monman56:
I have very high specifications I want from my to be woman and I know its difficult to find. What point did you decide to settle for Character over beauty or did you get the high requirements you wanted.

No insults please
There is a level you will get to in life that you will start to value peace of mind over physical look, that is when you actually become a man that pay attention not to the present alone but future. The sad part of this gist iis that many men never get to this maturity age till they die not only when they want to marry.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by TheGift: 9:03am On Jul 20, 2023
Monman56:
I have very high specifications I want from my to be woman and I know its difficult to find. What point did you decide to settle for Character over beauty or did you get the high requirements you wanted.

No insults please

I never had specifications for my Wife, all I wanted was "my Wife" the Woman that gets me and wants me.

I never picked my Wife, God picked Her for me, even at a time when I was not looking.

Maybe that is why I never had to choose between character and beauty, I got both.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by blueAgent(m): 9:30am On Jul 20, 2023
Moniya4Real:

I agree bro, but let me narrow it down- beauty and brain, God- fearing, Ass and even if not a virgin, must be reasonably a good girl.

I totally i agree.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by blueAgent(m): 9:31am On Jul 20, 2023
sparko1:

Her market no dey sell!

🤣🤣
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Lekan239(m): 9:47am On Jul 20, 2023
Rechargeam247:

What a generation, smh. So when the character wife finds out and she leaves, you marry the beautiful side chick, smh.
beautiful without character are not meant fir marriage just side chick. Let those who have ears hear.

U can hardly see a beautiful woman that has good character. Maybe 0.5 percent. Because a beautiful girl will attract more man and a girl that men are attractive too would be a manipulator
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Franky9584(m): 10:28am On Jul 20, 2023
Cos character surpasses beauty (beuaty can fade but character hardly fades)....beauty is external while character is internal...
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by iammolise(m): 10:44am On Jul 20, 2023
Monman56:
Very true but again do you realise that some people's perception of beauty changes over time. Like a not so beautiful lady can become beautiful in a person's eyes after some years of acceptance and also some ladies can become ugly to some people because of consistent awful character
U get Sense, oil dey ur head brother 🤝
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by iammolise(m): 10:47am On Jul 20, 2023
fineboynl:
There are beautiful girls with good characters. Just that the world is now very spoiled due to internet and bad influence.

If you find a beautiful girl and a character that matches your liking. Soon you will find other things about her that will irritates you, we are humans so na manage we de manage people.
hmm... U have wisdom brother ✍️
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by iammolise(m): 10:55am On Jul 20, 2023
pansophist:
Character is everlasting, beauty is fleeting. That's why you must choose character above looks.

And even if you get your beauty standards, her beauty will become the new normal, just as your novel gadgets become ordinary. If her character is not right, she will quickly transform into the ugliest woman in the world.

Most importantly, the true meaning of marriage is tieing yourself with someone competent, so that you can both become stronger, and formidable together. Beauty cant look after you when you are sick for example, but a woman with a good character.

If marriage is a ship, then the couples are the sailors. In the midst of the storm, a beautiful sailor is useless, but you need a competent (think character) one that can sail with you and prevent the ship from sinking.

If you want to go far in life, you need an ally that will traverse this journey of life with you, and character is the engine of it.
Wisdom!!!
You are gifted sir ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by iammolise(m): 11:25am On Jul 20, 2023
Fortune118005:

Beauty can fade away at old age but character remains.
Modified: No woman is ugly, every woman is beautiful. Physical beauty without character is equal to annoyance and hatred. So, beauty is not by physical appearance only, good character is the real beauty.
very well said brother 🤝

Exactly how I see it, I believe beauty is inborn and summounts the physical attributes of anyone. As a man is beautiful for being a loving and caring man to his spouse despite the responsibilities he shoulders and turbulence in his daily life, so is a woman beautiful when she's caregiving, loving, submissive and respectful even at times when her man isn't as loving as she expected. Like someone said above "We manage people" and I think this is the answer that crowns it all.

Love Love Love... e go tire u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

When Is One Ready To Get Married? A MUST-READ / Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? / Women Who Didn't Marry As Virgin Should Return To Their Parent's House -Man Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.