Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room (50528 Views)

The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 / It Takes Stupidity To Remain Married - Nigerian Man Married For 38 Years (Video) / Obituary Of A Couple In Enugu And Their 5 Children (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:25pm On Jul 20, 2023
ConfusePoint:
Ranting. Ranting. Ranting.

I have decided to rant out my predicaments on this forum today.

What is the way out of poverty for me?

One inlaw is even living with us, making it 8 in number, all in one room.

This thing don come big pass me.

I know most of you here would blame me for impregnating a woman to give birth to that number of children but then, life is life. It happens like that sometimes.

They say a poor man's prayer is "e go better" but instead of things to get better in Nigeria, everyday things get worse.

Truth is, except I drive myself out of this mess to a better life for me and my children, this poverty that is so stricken will likely be extended to my children, which I really don't want.

No two ways about it except ...

But like a car without tyres, can it move even if it has fuel? Definitely no.

For 4 days now, I sleep outside in an abandoned car because of financial war at home. I can't go back home and I even feel like never to go back there but should I abandon them like that and run away? To where?

When I went to the market the other day with 5k to buy food items for the house, I was crying and talking to myself on my way back because I came back with almost nothing.

Nigeria have succeed to plug life out of poor Nigerians. The poor cannot breathe again. Let's die and go.

Advice: never give birth when you are not financially strong. Unfortunately, I've learned my lesson the hard way.

Life happens.

How do I help this family better than I am trying?

Wishing you the best in all you do.

What ? I thought I am the only one who cry for market
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Ezekiel2122(m): 8:25pm On Jul 20, 2023
Diligent1:
You need to stop reproduction, do family planning with your wife.
Put your children in public schools and you monitor their studies, check their books from time to time educate them of good behavior and the kind of friends they should have.

Your wife has to be working so that she can support you in the house and no relative should be allowed to live with you for now, they can go elsewhere.

When you want to buy food, buy in bulk when you get to market you will see other people contributing money together to buy in bag and share, this will also save you money and look for better job.

It shall be well with you and your family.

God bless you. Positive comment so far.
I don't think blaming this man is necessary again. It's a mistake, we all made one or the other. He realized, he's in pain already... Let lesrn to be brothers

1 Like

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by eniolar234: 8:26pm On Jul 20, 2023
Omo boys should learn how to control dia d**k abeg. Don't ruin your future because you're allowed to have s*x without declined from your partner

1 Like

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by rickleye: 8:26pm On Jul 20, 2023
ConfusePoint:

I know most of you here would blame me for impregnating a woman to give birth to that number of children but then, life is life. It happens like that sometimes.

They say a poor man's prayer is "e go better" but instead of things to get better in Nigeria, everyday things get worse.

Truth is, except I drive myself out of this mess to a better life for me and my children, this poverty that is so stricken will likely be extended to my children, which I really don't want.

For 4 days now, I sleep outside in an abandoned car because of financial war at home. I can't go back home and I even feel like never to go back there but should I abandon them like that and run away? To where?

When I went to the market the other day with 5k to buy food items for the house, I was crying and talking to myself on my way back because I came back with almost nothing.

Nigeria have succeed to plug life out of poor Nigerians. The poor cannot breathe again. Let's die and go.

Advice: never give birth when you are not financially strong. Unfortunately, I've learned my lesson the hard way.

Life happens.

You sound and write too educated to be earning 40k . Show me proof ? What do you currently do for a living ? Does Madam work ?

1 Like

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by histemple: 8:26pm On Jul 20, 2023
ConfusePoint:

A driver for a farm.

Please never be tempted to steal from the farm oh
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by rickleye: 8:28pm On Jul 20, 2023
Ezekiel2122:

God bless you. Positive comment so far.
I don't think blaming this man is necessary again. It's a mistake, we all made one or the other. He realized, he's in pain already... Let lesrn to be brothers

One is okay , two is understandable, anything after 3 is deliberate . Unless he has twins plus never heard of birth control ?
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Maryam1234(f): 8:28pm On Jul 20, 2023
Do you mean we still have WOMEN in this country that wait for their husbands to come back home before feeding cry

It's rather unbelievable but Incase this story is true please advise her to start a business,most business this days doesn't require capital but TRUST.

I can introduce her to food business if she's mobile at least there will always be food at home after removing her profit.

Please don't run away from your family rather encourage them,at the end of every dark tunnel comes illumination.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by lexy2014: 8:29pm On Jul 20, 2023
ConfusePoint:

Life happens.

Fiction

1 Like

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Walz001: 8:29pm On Jul 20, 2023
Hmmmm
I dont have much to say ...But youngsters coming behind us should learn from this man here ... don't give birth to kids you can't take care of .....

And for you Oga "dasibeee" like they do call me then .you have to hustle change your tactics and tho k more about business that can support you when you are out of work.. don't have it in mind to run away its gonna bounce back and don't let anyone family relatives add to your problem ... do you have a hand work if yes you can do that after work...... I think most of you need to see how guys work outside the country to make a living

Some of the points have been said al ready pick the positive ones and please and please do family planning win your wife for almoat 10 years
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by wizelink(m): 8:30pm On Jul 20, 2023
That's a good advice you have given particularly, the issue about contentment. It's disgusting how people just a man needs an advice.

GboyegaD:
At this time, your focus is how to leverage public resources for the benefit of your children. They should go to public schools and you and their mom should help them study in the evenings. As much as you can, buy food in bulk, lead by example, be contented so that you can teach them contentment.

Can your farm allow you buy produce in bulk? Can they allow you trade their products or find buyers and get commission?
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by isabi2lof: 8:30pm On Jul 20, 2023
Next story please undecided ,the rich are aspiring to get rich day by day but "I never chop " are aspiring to become father Abraham..
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:31pm On Jul 20, 2023
Angelfrost:

I feel no pity for such poor and wretched Nigerians, in all honesty.

Do you know some Nigerians deliberately choose to keep birthing kids even with limited or low earnings?!!

I'm not talking mistakes, but deliberately impregnating their wives and birthing kids. SMH!

They all deserve to suffer... Just look at our population.

You’re right and it doesn’t matter what anybody says.
People in your country that try to push family planning and birth control for logical reasons get pepper for their suggestions but they’re right. Here in the West where salaries tend to be bigger and other places, it’s very rare for a modern families to have 5 children because of the costs that comes along with it. Monikers will get mad and try insulting me but China is a good example—-some of these guys pretend that the country grew rich only from commerce but a fact is that the country became more prosperous a few years after the government enforced a one child per family rule. Yes it has repercussions but it made a difference in the financial situation of families and the country’s overall quality of life.

1 Like

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by DanielAAA(m): 8:31pm On Jul 20, 2023
My own is, with the whole situation going on around you, you could still calmly articulate your predicament with some sense of humour added to it. I don't think it is tough enough for you yet, but I pray the Lord delivers you.
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by isabi2lof: 8:33pm On Jul 20, 2023
rickleye:

You sound and write too educated to be earning 40k . Show me proof ? What do you currently do for a living ? Does Madam work ?

Even if she works, will she be the one to shoulder all the responsibilities, well many women are the ones catering for their homes by the time money comes , they'll forget such women ..
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by emmaodet: 8:34pm On Jul 20, 2023
Martinez39s:
You don talk am finish. But wait o

"I have to pass on my legacy"
"The family name must continue"
"God will provide"
"What about my bloodline?"
"Hopefully." angry

Na like this poor man go take manifold responsibility dump for hin head. Bloodline on top 40k per month with five kids na blood covenant with sapa... e no worth am. No worthy legacy dey dis blood covenant.

grin grin grin grin

Honestly, I don't know what to say.
As in, Poverty no dey tire some people
The daily thinking, worries, fear, hunger and anger that poverty brings no dey tire people?
Don't they want to improve in life? Have a decent apartment, nice ride, vacations, cinemas, swimming pool etc there is more to enjoy in life if someone takes his time to plan and live/work within his limit or don't they like good life?
A man that is decently dressed, smells nice with a nice car will have access to Soo many women than the one poverty will condition him to just one dirty wife.
Poverty no dey tire people

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by omoadeleye(m): 8:35pm On Jul 20, 2023
ConfusePoint:

Life happens.

Bro, just stfu.

You are not in the position to complain about the current situation of Nigeria because people like you brought us into this.

Resources are limited and poor people keeps fvcking themselves and bearing children like ants.

That's not cool.

4 Likes

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Angelfrost(m): 8:37pm On Jul 20, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

You’re right and it doesn’t matter what anybody says.
People in your country that try to push family planning and birth control for logical reasons get pepper for their suggestions but they’re right. Here in the West where salaries tend to be bigger and other places, it’s very rare for a modern families to have 5 children because of the costs that comes along with it. Monikers will get mad and try insulting me but China is a good example—-some of these guys pretend that the country grew rich only from commerce but a fact is that the country became more prosperous a few years after the government enforced a one child per family rule. Yes it has repercussions but it made a difference in the financial situation of families and the country’s overall quality of life.

Thank you... This comment should be pinned and broadcast across social media.

Most Nigerians are mentally deficient! Smh!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by okoroemeka(m): 8:37pm On Jul 20, 2023
jackmrandy:
I know for sure this can never be true. but if its true, but lets join you to lament. you are the cause we have miscrants in the society. children whose parents are no taking care of them and at that the end sort to robbery and thugery for survival causing nuisance in the society because their parents neglected them. Gone are the days that people will say na God dey give children, uncontrolled sexual appetite gives birth to children when not done properly (protection, family planning) . don't bring children you can not take care of into this world, especially here Nigeria.
what do you mean can never be true?do you not know that such families live in trapulin houses,carton houses and zinc houses?some people are simply created to be poor, with dull reasoning,zero ambition,no hustling spirit,lack or proactive ideas and thinking inside the box,I am sorry if I sound pessimistic but the worst is yet to come,buckle up and survive or DIE.
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by DKM123: 8:38pm On Jul 20, 2023
Mscheeeew.

Stop spending too much time on Nairaland and go and hustle instead of complaining like a little girl. A man your age earning that shows you are lazy as fcuuuk.
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Tizu(m): 8:38pm On Jul 20, 2023
Go to AJ you will see 8 by one man ( some helped by neighbors) living in one room.
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by dominique(f): 8:38pm On Jul 20, 2023
So nobody can ask for the OP's account details, na so things hard reach grin. You guys don't know that's why he created the thread, you think he needs your advice? Awọn special advisers, una welldone o. All your advices are useless until you ask for his account details. I won't be surprised if he's an unfortunate scammer concocting fables to draw sympathy.

6 Likes

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by EndRape2(f): 8:40pm On Jul 20, 2023
You and your wife are foolish, in this modern day, you gave birth to five children , not even in a flat but one room, anybody that helped you is even stupid, with 40k salary ,you should be single.
you and your wife should ,start selling didfferent things after work.

Mumu man

You go still born.more , you better continue to stay inside that uncompleted car.

1 Like

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by EndRape2(f): 8:41pm On Jul 20, 2023
[Leave the idiot, let him be lookibg for whom to scam

quote author=DKM123 post=124550548]Mscheeeew.

Stop spending too much time on Nairaland and go and hustle instead of complaining like a little girl. A man your age earning that shows you are lazy as fcuuuk. [/quote]
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Sirchiboy: 8:43pm On Jul 20, 2023
ConfusePoint:

Life happens.

Where do you stay?
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by solexjames(m): 8:43pm On Jul 20, 2023
Me and op get the same story...
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by osomegbe(m): 8:43pm On Jul 20, 2023
Even in Obasanjo regime, 40k is not enough to have 5 children. you brought it on yourself.
hustle more
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Sirchiboy: 8:44pm On Jul 20, 2023
EndRape2:
You and your wife are foolish, in this modern day, you gave birth to five children , not even in a flat but one room, anybody that helped you is even stupid, with 40k salary ,you should be single.
you and your wife should ,start selling didfferent things after work.

Mumu man

You go still born.more , you better continue to stay inside that uncompleted car.
It is not my fault
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Sirchiboy: 8:48pm On Jul 20, 2023
Inyaky:
Your wife toto get honey abi, that 40k is too small, the only thing that will help you is to get a land and farm corn, ground nut, beans or any other food crops that will save you from buying food later.
Yes Mummy.
Over sweetness

1 Like

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Kobojunkie: 8:49pm On Jul 20, 2023
Chukstotti:
■ Some one said "the enjoyment of a poor man is sex"
A poor man can enjoy all the sex he wants without having even one kid. So what is OP's reason for birthing 5 innocent souls into poverty.. undecided
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by pansophist(m): 8:50pm On Jul 20, 2023
Your wife is strong o. Carry pregnancy five times. Wow. I mean, even if you want five pikin, she also want am?

Anyways, your strategy should be two-fold. Reducing expenses and increasing income. I know a family that has seven kids, and their biggest expense is food.

So the mother has a swallow restaurant, and the business absorbed the food consumption of the family. You can argue that they eat eba almost every day, but it's better than starving right?

Consider a restaurant business for your wife, and you will surely kill two birds with one stone. Which are feeding and the need for extra income.

As for your kids, I believe you are smart enough to enroll them in a public school that is close to their house, to avoid having any business with transportation fares.

For you, you must run away from a salary job. You need a job that gives you money every day, maybe a bus/uber driver, selling stuff on a busy road, etc. So you can deal with daily, emergency expenses.

I suggest being a bus/uber driver, so you can stay in your car sometimes if you need solitude, and transport your family easily.

As a bus driver and a wife with a restaurant, you will kill the most money-consuming factor of every Nigerian home, which are food and transportation.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by oxiide22(m): 8:50pm On Jul 20, 2023
ednut1:
You and your wife are mad
stingy bloda

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Photo Of A Pregnant Woman Begging With Her Child / Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) / Woman Electrocuted In Hotel Room On Her Birthday (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.