Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,537 members, 7,827,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? (25793 Views)

Gazzuzz: How To Drive Your Car In Nigeria Without Using Petrol (Video) / How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? / This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by MrsTwrite(f): 9:27pm On Jul 20, 2023
Wetin we need now na bicycle. grin
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by MarketDispatch: 9:27pm On Jul 20, 2023
Rikze:
As for me, the answer is NO.

The fuel wahala is biting so hard. 😡😡😡😡

Yes I drive my Car with AC all the time...AC is comfort. Why would anyone not like comfort

2 Likes

Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by lifezone247(m): 9:31pm On Jul 20, 2023
shonepa:

It does bro, kindly look it up.

Especially when u in traffic for a long period, the engine works freely when on motion, there by consuming less fuel.

If u a Lagos based, u should notice.

ohh well with all the peeps on my mension quoting me wrong, I use a 4 cylinder 2021 corolla and to be specific my brother I see no difference with or without using AC even when I’m traveling to long distance.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by nedekid: 9:32pm On Jul 20, 2023
I drive my car with ac, I simply cannot use a car without functioning Ac (unless emergency).
Even if I am parked for 10 hours, my Ac must be on.
No be matter of choice, na necessity.
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by Mcdreamy15: 9:34pm On Jul 20, 2023
Angrygoat:
Sadly my AC burnt 2 weeks ago ,after 2 years of usage and abuse. Now my cover has been blown and everyone can see me naked. I've ordered for toks from ladipo.by Saturday I go mount another AC direct.
change the condenser jeje to avoid wahala.
When the compressor failed, some elements from the it would have gotten into the condenser and they will damage the new compressor once you install it.
Even a condenser wash might still not be efficient

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by nedekid: 9:35pm On Jul 20, 2023
lifezone247:
ohh well with all the peeps on my mension quoting me wrong, I use a 4 cylinder 2021 corolla and to be specific my brother I see no difference with or without using AC even when I’m traveling to long distance.
You don't have problem with fuel cost naa. That car must be very economical.
To me sha, ac fuel consumption is negligible.
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by nedekid: 9:38pm On Jul 20, 2023
mactoni91:
Prices of V8 - V12 Vehicles are crashing...

People are now going for 4 cylinders.
Imagine my plight. I de use v6, madam v8. About 200k on fuel weekly so far.
No be juju be that?
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by esemes256: 9:42pm On Jul 20, 2023
I saw a parking lot the other day, a beer parlour.
90% of the cars parked there were toyota corolla (uber edition). That was when I knew that price of fuel has really changed. grin
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by tyup(m): 9:43pm On Jul 20, 2023
RingRoadMafia:

Oga you don't own a car, you're too much of a dunce to make enough money to purchase a car.

grin grin nawa
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by nedekid: 9:43pm On Jul 20, 2023
blueghost:

When you turn on the AC in your car, it uses energy from the engine to power the compressor, which compresses the refrigerant gas and circulates it through the AC system. This process requires additional power from the engine, which leads to increased fuel consumption.
Except his car is a highbreed.
Some of them use electric compressors. 12 volts.
Unless the alternator will work extra thereby increasing fuel consumption.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by tunde1200(m): 9:43pm On Jul 20, 2023
MykellOni:
Attendance: Present ✔️
Local man ain't got a car yet, so no answer to that question...
But believe me it's been over two months man hasn't run his generator at all. Don't know why tho...

Almighty God will provide yours soon.
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by esemes256: 9:45pm On Jul 20, 2023
But this fuel matter no funny again. I now spend more money on fuel than I do on rent.
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by Rumundele(m): 9:45pm On Jul 20, 2023
lifezone247:
Yes, yes and yes. AC has nothing to do with fuel consumptions. It’s uses gas when the engine is running. Make una stop that mentality abeg.
A lot to do with fuel consumption, because consumption is a function of demand and load on the engine.
When you speed the engine demand more fuel to accelerate.
AC is a load acting on the engine, more fuel is required to drive the compressor. More air taken as well for stoichiometric ratio to take place
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by xjiggy: 9:49pm On Jul 20, 2023
Any person telling you the AC does not increase fuel usage is lying. Your compressor draws power from your alternator, which in turn need power from your engine to run.
.Before you start disparaging me, let me ask a few questions
1. Why do you think the engine power drops, while it's idling, when you put on the AC?
2, why does the ac not work when the isgniton is on but engine off,.

That being said, The use of AC increases the fuel consumption by 8% to 10%. It's more economical though to use AC when going at speed for long distances because opening the windows will cause drag, which will in turn increase fuel consumption. AC is better used forl long distances rather than short distances.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by miketayo(m): 9:49pm On Jul 20, 2023
lifezone247:
Yes, yes and yes. AC has nothing to do with fuel consumptions. It’s uses gas when the engine is running. Make una stop that mentality abeg.

oga it does, I tested it about 2 years ago, the difference is very clear. you hear the sound your engine makes once you turn on your ac, that's extra load on your engine and extra fuel consumed. The gas is to keep it cool, but it still needs power to keep it running. Can you on AC without electricity?

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by azpekuliar: 9:50pm On Jul 20, 2023
airsaylongcome:

As innnnnnnnnnn! I'm always shocked how people believe that AC consumes more fuel. Driving your car with the windows down actually consumes more fuel than with the windows up and AC on. Poverty na bad thing

At high speeds yes because of Drag. At city speeds, no.
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by chronique(m): 9:50pm On Jul 20, 2023
Yes of course. If buhari couldn't make me a poor man, it's not tinubu that would make me one. If dem like, make dem sell am 1k, I go still get money buy am, on fuel.
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by Killermamba: 9:53pm On Jul 20, 2023
Rikze:
As for me, the answer is NO.

Unless the rain is heavy, to have clear vision, I may drive the car with AC for a while and turn it off.

The fuel wahala is biting so hard. 😡😡😡😡

yes na
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by miketayo(m): 9:53pm On Jul 20, 2023
Manny21:
It has been proved that using A/C in a car does not consume fuel

proven by who? You can run a 2km test on your vehicle, with AC on and without AC . Can you on the AC without starting the car engine?

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by miketayo(m): 9:58pm On Jul 20, 2023
airsaylongcome:

As innnnnnnnnnn! I'm always shocked how people believe that AC consumes more fuel. Driving your car with the windows down actually consumes more fuel than with the windows up and AC on. Poverty na bad thing

winding down consumes fuel but not as winding up with AC

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by pirazo: 9:59pm On Jul 20, 2023
Proven by who... How can you even think the fuel consumption when your Ac is turned on is not affected? Don't receive yourself fuel consumption increases at about 8 percent minimum
Manny21:
It has been proved that using A/C in a car does not consume fuel
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by hardbody: 10:10pm On Jul 20, 2023
lifezone247:

Spot on. If my car even develops AC issues, i park it. How can one drive in this Lagos without AC, I even run AC when i am parked at a point and waiting for someone. In any case, AC has nothing to do with fuel combustion
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by LeonMacJames(m): 10:11pm On Jul 20, 2023
shonepa:

It does bro, kindly look it up.

Especially when u in traffic for a long period, the engine works freely when on motion, there by consuming less fuel.

If u a Lagos based, u should notice.

Do you realise the drive belt drives the compressor pulley, regardless of whether the AC is on or not. The fuel consumed when AC is on is not tangible enough for you to suffer in the heat in the name of Saving fuel. And it has been confirmed that your car even consumes more fuel when windows are down at highway speeds.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by hardbody: 10:12pm On Jul 20, 2023
miketayo:

proven by who? You can run a 2km test on your vehicle, with AC on and without AC . Can you on the AC without starting the car engine?

Yes. if your ac is on and you switch on the ignition without cranking the car, the ac comes on.
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by LeonMacJames(m): 10:13pm On Jul 20, 2023
pirazo:
Proven by who... How can you even think the fuel consumption when your Ac is turned on is not affected? Don't receive yourself fuel consumption increases at about 8 percent minimum
This myth has been debunked countless times. Una just dey suffer your self in heat 😂
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by RoadMozart(m): 10:18pm On Jul 20, 2023
xjiggy:
Any person telling you the AC does not increase fuel usage is lying. Your compressor draws power from your alternator, which in turn need power from your engine to run.
.Before you start disparaging me, let me ask a few questions
1. Why do you think the engine power drops, while it's idling, when you put on the AC?
2, why does the ac not work when the isgniton is on but engine off,.

That being said, The use of AC increases the fuel consumption by 8% to 10%. It's more economical though to use AC when going at speed for long distances because opening the windows will cause drag, which will in turn increase fuel consumption. AC is better used forl long distances rather than short distances.

Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by afariogunone1(f): 10:31pm On Jul 20, 2023
I did ooooo
Now na how to fuel up I been dey calculate lataaro bayi
I tire
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by Godsonkemz(m): 10:31pm On Jul 20, 2023
The right question should be do you still have your car. Many no see fuel to warm the engine which has been stationed at a spot.
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by kay29000(m): 10:38pm On Jul 20, 2023
shereef19:

I drive benz c230 2005
Very efficient car...
But with rumor people run for that car

Cool. I was actually planning on getting a black one early this year but things didn't work as planned. Nice ride.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by Ola4lead(m): 10:39pm On Jul 20, 2023
Please can be stop all those 9ja mentality...

Who told you AC dey chop fuel?
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by bonnyhope: 10:39pm On Jul 20, 2023
lifezone247:

You have to explain more

AC on means extra load on the engine which requires more fuel.
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by miketayo(m): 10:40pm On Jul 20, 2023
hardbody:

Yes. if your ac is on and you switch on the ignition without cranking the car, the ac comes on.

lolzz you sure you own a car? that's the fan not the AC. it doesn't cool until the engine starts

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Check Out The 36-inch Hubless Motorbike With A 300hp Rolls-Royce Aircraft Engine / How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway / Buying A Used Car? These Tips May Save You Some Heartbreaks!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.