Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? (25758 Views)

Gazzuzz: How To Drive Your Car In Nigeria Without Using Petrol (Video) / How Far Can You Drive Your Vehicle On Empty? / This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by Rikze: 10:40pm On Jul 20, 2023
mondob2k:

This is so me... Are we identical twins?

๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Maybe mere coincidence

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by Bobxin: 10:53pm On Jul 20, 2023
airsaylongcome:

As innnnnnnnnnn! I'm always shocked how people believe that AC consumes more fuel. Driving your car with the windows down actually consumes more fuel than with the windows up and AC on. Poverty na bad thing
I've thought about this before, the wind entering the car kinda drags the car backwards, giving the engine more work to pull the car forward. But using A/C still consumes fuel, I don't just know which one consumes more.
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by Drbobo1203(m): 10:58pm On Jul 20, 2023
lifezone247:
Yes, yes and yes. AC has nothing to do with fuel consumptions. Itโ€™s uses gas when the engine is running. Make una stop that mentality abeg.

Do you even know how a car engine runs? Turning on AC will absolutely consume your fuel na, na maruwa you dey drive?

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by Jamie1000: 11:16pm On Jul 20, 2023
I can't remember the last time I used Ac
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by Blazadenise(m): 11:22pm On Jul 20, 2023
Haaaa is Ac connected to your fuel tank Abi no be Gas ac they use normally when your car engine is on.....who do naija this kind thing believing car Ac consume fuel
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by Yankee101: 11:25pm On Jul 20, 2023
The difference in fuel use isnโ€™t much
No kill yourself abeg
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by placeofallure(f): 11:28pm On Jul 20, 2023
Rikze:
As for me, the answer is NO.

Unless the rain is heavy, to have clear vision, I may drive the car with AC for a while and turn it off.

The fuel wahala is biting so hard. ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก

Yes, please.
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by Mrkindness: 11:33pm On Jul 20, 2023
Rikze:

Unless the rain is heavy, to have clear vision, I may drive the car with AC for a while and turn it off.

The fuel wahala is biting so hard. ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก AC doesn't have any effect on your car fuel consumption Sir.

Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:51pm On Jul 20, 2023
Only inside the estate, once I cross the estate gates,... wink

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by phemmyfour: 11:53pm On Jul 20, 2023
Rikze:

Except in traffic because of traffic robbers
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by saasala(m): 12:13am On Jul 21, 2023
wahalawahala:
u dunno wetin u dey talk

I pity him and the over 200 people that liked his comment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by saasala(m): 12:14am On Jul 21, 2023
Weathered:
Chai! It's the bold ignorance that got to me.

AC works with fuel. Purge yourself off your ignorance

I just dey look the fool and the over 200 people that liked his comment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by emmyN(m): 12:24am On Jul 21, 2023
Rikze:

You don't have to turn on the AC when it rains. You can turn on the fan alone then open the air intake vent so air from outside can enter the cabin. That way, you can maintain even temperature on both sides of the windshield which will keep it clear.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by Venekconsultt: 12:38am On Jul 21, 2023
Op na who Sapa never catch dey do this one
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by sslcrypt: 3:09am On Jul 21, 2023
blueghost:

When you turn on the AC in your car, it uses energy from the engine to power the compressor, which compresses the refrigerant gas and circulates it through the AC system. This process requires additional power from the engine, which leads to increased fuel consumption.

Leave the morons with their uneducated rubbish talk. How people can be so stupid is amazing

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by Tzar(m): 4:07am On Jul 21, 2023
You can get good ventilation by lowering the driver window and back right window by 50%.
The other 2 windows and sunroof if available should be 100% closed. You wonโ€™t need AC while moving & you get better MPG. Do this and thank me later!
Rikze:

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by formular2002(m): 4:33am On Jul 21, 2023
Please and please, to save fuel and prolong your engine life, wind up your glasses and use the AC. It has nothing to do with fuel consumption. Infact, not using it is the one that waste your fuel because the aerodynamic pressure will cause a drag and you will need to apply more throttle for your car to move which means more fuel pumped into the combustion chamber.
It's a misconception, cars are actually meant to be driven with the AC on (for hot weather) and heater on (for cold weather)
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by damosade(m): 4:35am On Jul 21, 2023
lifezone247:
Yes, yes and yes. AC has nothing to do with fuel consumptions. Itโ€™s uses gas when the engine is running. Make una stop that mentality abeg.
Lie .. go and study your mechanics and thermodynamics.
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by Wkaay(m): 4:45am On Jul 21, 2023
So you don't want AC MAN to work again. Please use AC and make sure you patronize me to fix your AC anytime
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by MyAmericandream(f): 4:52am On Jul 21, 2023
lifezone247:

Whatโ€™s the difference between fuel(British English)and gas(American English)?

Using a vehicle's air-conditioning system increases its fuel consumption more than any other auxiliary feature. An air-conditioning (a/c) system can increase fuel consumption by up to 20% because of the extra load on the engine

2 Likes

Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by chccho(m): 5:03am On Jul 21, 2023
lifezone247:
U don't know what u are typing.
The more load (e.g AC) an engine carries, the more fuel it will consume.
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by chccho(m): 5:04am On Jul 21, 2023
MyAmericandream:

Whatโ€™s the difference between fuel(British English)and gas(American English)?

Using a vehicle's air-conditioning system increases its fuel consumption more than any other auxiliary feature. An air-conditioning (a/c) system can increase fuel consumption by up to 20% because of the extra load on the engine
Tell them pls..

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by unite4real: 6:04am On Jul 21, 2023
lifezone247:

Using a vehicle's air-conditioning system increases its fuel consumption more than any other auxiliary feature. An air-conditioning (a/c) system can increase fuel consumption by up to 20% because of the extra load on the engine.
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by Weathered: 6:37am On Jul 21, 2023
saasala:

I just dey look the fool and the over 200 people that liked his comment
nairaland has never been a forum to expect intelligent feedback on any topic.

They either typically make a joke of serious matters or pour out their ignorance as fact.

And no insult intended, but Nairaland is peopled by the most ignorant of Nigerians who read nothing else but Nairaland comment feeds.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by tellwisdom: 6:44am On Jul 21, 2023
lifezone247:

The acceleration power doubles with AC on.
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by Samuel807(m): 6:45am On Jul 21, 2023
mactoni91:
Prices of V8 - V12 Vehicles are crashing...

People are now going for 4 cylinders.
That's not true. V8-V12 are not for the middle class, no one drives V8-V12 by opportunity.
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by WantsandMore: 7:10am On Jul 21, 2023
Your car's air conditioner draws power from the engine to operate, forcing it to use more fuel, impacting your car's fuel efficiency.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by WantsandMore: 7:10am On Jul 21, 2023
Blazadenise:
Haaaa is Ac connected to your fuel tank Abi no be Gas ac they use normally when your car engine is on.....who do naija this kind thing believing car Ac consume fuel
it does actually.
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by flexyrule(m): 7:16am On Jul 21, 2023
mactoni91:
Prices of V8 - V12 Vehicles are crashing...

People are now going for 4 cylinders.
Story!

The most popular SUV in the streets of Abuja now is the Lexus GX460.

It's a V8.

I sold one last week.
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by semonir: 7:27am On Jul 21, 2023
Ac consumes more full once on that's it.
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by antibullshit: 7:40am On Jul 21, 2023
Car ac does not use petrol. It uses gas for cooling and the belt of the ac motor is attached to the car engine by a cog which runs it while the engine runs. How will that consume petrol when no petrol goes to the ac? On the other hand driving with your windows up while doing 50kph or more actually saves petrol because there's more drag.
Re: Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? by antibullshit: 7:42am On Jul 21, 2023
WantsandMore:
Your car's air conditioner draws power from the engine to operate, forcing it to use more fuel, impacting your car's fuel efficiency.
How much more? Its like .0.01 percent . Stop this poverty mentality !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What You Should Know About Tricycle Ambulances In Nigeria And Africa- Photos / Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? / Ferrari's Newly Unveiled ยฃ3m FXX-K Evo Hypercar Is Like A Fighter Jet On Wheels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.