Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (429893 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (476) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by subzheero: 11:38am On Oct 13, 2023
Visa application has not been done. The person just felt May 2024 is too early for her trying to push to Sep 2024 but request was denied.Is the admission still in place.
JMG12:
Good morning, have you deferred the admission before and on what grounds did you request for a deferment, some schools will only grant your request based on visa denial/delay, and health reasons. With this they should acknowledge your request
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by quadtunji: 12:15pm On Oct 13, 2023
Arctope:
!!!!!!!! PPR ALERT !!!!!!!!!

I got my PPR yesterday evening and I'm so happy and overwhelmed with joy after getting a PFL and almost got a 5 year ban due to chargeback of 185$ fraud committed by my agent in my previous application in 2020.

What God cannot do does not exist this was a miracle!

I want to specifically and specially thank Zubizareta that guy is God sent and Amazing.
He assisted in reviewing my S.O.P
and he also assisted in compressing and uploading my files. I was a total novice and I needed all this assistance...he came through for me. I started the application with a useless agent that kept delaying me untill I reached out to the almighty Zubizareta!!!!!.

Secondly I want to also thank Bobomaigida and zubizareta for also assisting me to review my letter of explanation when I got a PFL and almost landed a 5 year ban.

Timeline.
Sept 7. Submitted my application
Upfront medical passed Sept 24.
PFL (Procedural Fairness) October 6.
Responded to PFL Octotober 9.
PPR & BVL October 12.

-Self-sponspored.
- POF ( 21,000 USD)
- First semester tuition paid

Again Zubizareta is God sent. God used that man for me... I was a total novice with a useless Agent that I paid over 400k ... chaii I will still go and collect my money from that woman.

Thank you Jesus!
Thank you Zubizareta
Thank you Bobomaigida

What God cannot do does not exist!

Obviously you are so happy and I am happy for you, @Zubizareta na correct person. Congratulations!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 12:30pm On Oct 13, 2023
Yes the admission is still in place
subzheero:
Visa application has not been done. The person just felt May 2024 is too early for her trying to push to Sep 2024 but request was denied.Is the admission still in place.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Sommie2012: 12:57pm On Oct 13, 2023
Hi everyone, I am new here and would need anyone who can answer my so many questions about the bachelor of nursing degree, University of Manitoba.

I am a graduate of Chemistry from UI, but want to transition into nursing. I am currently a PR in Canada and reside in Manitoba. I do not know what my chances are or what requirements I may need. I have visited the school website, but still have some questions yet unanswered.

Please DM me if you are open to a whatsapp call or chat so we can connect. Preferably someone who already has an admission there or currently studying nursing in UoM. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Damilare5882(m): 1:08pm On Oct 13, 2023
I woke up this morning and I am reading GOODNEWS grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Luada(m): 1:24pm On Oct 13, 2023
subzheero:
Yes, the admission is stilll available, i will advice her to start visa application for her own good
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by emmyoddy: 1:41pm On Oct 13, 2023
Well done for all your tireless efforts. I have my nephew staying with me and I want to include him and my kids in my application so they can join me later. What documents do I need to submit for my nephew since he's not my biological child. Please kindly help.

Thanks for your responses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by emmyoddy: 1:43pm On Oct 13, 2023
Well done for all your tireless efforts. I have my nephew staying with me and I want to include him and my kids in my application so they can join me later.
What documents do I need to submit for my nephew since he's not my biological child. Please kindly help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by emmyoddy: 1:47pm On Oct 13, 2023
emmyoddy:
Well done for all your tireless efforts. I have my nephew staying with me and I want to include him and my kids in my application so they can join me later. What documents do I need to submit for my nephew since he's not my biological child. Please kindly help.

What documents do I need to submit for my children too so that I can apply for them later on.
For now I will be applying for myself and my spouse as dependent.

Thanks for your responses

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by yemiezay(m): 2:59pm On Oct 13, 2023
Hello house. I need help. It’s been 43days I requested for my GCMS note through CBSA. I put in my application for the note on August 29 and till now I haven’t received an email yet to send a copy of my passport.

From what I know GCMS note takes 30-45 days. And this is the 43rd day since I applied. Please what can I do to expedite this soonest?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mhenmen: 3:28pm On Oct 13, 2023
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/requesterInformation

I used this link

uote author=Chuksbosco post=126332742]Please I refused the study permit last week but I want to request GCMS noted.
Please can you me the links or guild me through.

quote author=bettyomo post=126128454]Thank you. I have replied.
quote author=Mhenmen post=126128067]Congratulations. Kindly reply your mail.

quote author=bettyomo post=126098506]It finally ended in praise.

When I decided to try Canada, I never thought study route was for me due to age. Until one day on this forum I read a post of a 50 year old who was granted study permit. My course is Global Business Management different from my undergraduate degree (Law).

First study permit application:
After I submitted my application, i realised that it would not fly due to one lump sum payment of 14M credited to my account 5 days before i printed out my statement. The account had low opening balance. Even though I pinned it in my SOP as payment for sale of land with sale agreement, I was not convinced due to GCMS notes I read later on this forum where VO made comments on lump sum desposits as reason for refusal. I saw that some persons were able to convince VO but I know say my case be one kind. So I jeje withdrew the application to avoid stories that touch. I first withdrew my admission for September 2023 intake as my school does not defer and due to time needed to work on my account, I applied and was admitted to same school for Spring 2024 intake.

First application Timeline
Submission: 21st April, 2023
Withdrawal request: 30th April, 2023
Request approved: 3rd June, 2023
(I applied for GCMS notes via ATIP on 10th June and received it on 7th July. In the note there was a comment that Certicate of Incorporation included but no particulars of Director or Proprietor. So in my second application, I included that)

I left the 14M in my account as opening balance and worked on the account for 4 months. I tried as much as possible to avoid lump sum deposits and withdrawals. The introduction of I & E window showed me shege.

Second application
Submission: 14th August, 2023
Upfront Medical : 16th August, 2023
Biometrics: 17th August, 2023 ( updated 18th August, 2023) as completed)
Applied for CBSA notes: 30th August, 2023 (to know the status of medical)
Upfront Medical passed: 11th September, 2023
On 19th September, 2023: Sent several webforms and emails to Nairobi and London. Only London responded that it's office is not processing my application. I got just the generic response from Nairobi

I read here too that enquiries by MP triggers IRCC to process delayed application so on Saturday, 23rd September, 2023, i sent mails to 4 MP's. I got response on monday. 2 responded that they can only attend to people within their riding and one sent a mail that IRCC was contacted on my behalf that my application was under review and within processing time. I come say make I rest until after the 7th week I refire again.

Surprisingly on 27th September, 2023 that same week eligibility review started and that same day I received a mail to forward identification for cbsa note. I forwarded immediately.
Passport request: 29th September, 2023
Bvl: 29th September, 2023

CBSA note not yet received.

Documents submitted.
My Firstbank MBS 4 months
FCMB MBS joint account
Zenith domicilary account MBS for my Common Law Partner ( He is part of my hometie)
Professional certificates and certificate of service.
School documents. ( I did not include transript)
Recommendation letter and paid study leave approval from employer. My office too wrote that management position is waiting for me.
3 months Payslip
Recommendation letter from a company I consult with stating they have ready job for me when I graduate as a Business Development Manager.
My Common law partner's passport bio page with dubai stamp to show our Vacation in Dubai
Pictures with my partner
Family pictures with my parents and siblings
My parents international passport.
Court order appointing me as guardian for one of my nephew
Retainership contract with a company to show source of funds.
Landed documents for both of us and one joint landed document
Tenancy Agreement with receipt of payment of rent in both names
Driver license showing joint address.
Lease Agreement and receipt for rental of my landed Property.
SOP
Certificate of Incorporation for my Common Law Partner
Certificate of Incorporation for a Foundation I am a Trustee.
Screen munch of my school's tuition estimator cos the LOA was not specific on the amount for one year tuition. I imputed the units required for graduation to show tuition fee for 2 years course.
Affidavit to abide by conditions of study permit.
Affidavit of financial support and letter of financial support.
Birth Certificate

Application for admission and study permit done by me with so much help and resources from this platform. Although it was an herculean task but I give God all the glory.

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iyke6505: 4:34pm On Oct 13, 2023
Please I need assistance. In my letter of admission from Conestoga college the payment options written there are Flywire, Convera and pay my tuition. These three payment channel uses black market rate which is way higher than official rate. This afternoon flywire rate is #820 as against official rate of #550 per CAD, please has anyone made payment to Conestoga college using Flutterwave, I heard they use official rate or any other payment channels different from these Flywire, Convera or pay my tuition. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by nonnyvannilli19: 5:05pm On Oct 13, 2023
Good evening. My wife is the primary applicant. Her program starts in January. It's for 2 years. I am the sponsor and we plan on going together with our infant. I have tuition and living year expenses plus miscellaneous for the three of us. Would that be okay? Will the second year tuition and expenses be required to be provided as well now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by emmyoddy: 5:23pm On Oct 13, 2023
For the second year, you need to explain how you will pay it if it's not available.

quote author=nonnyvannilli19 post=126382655]Good evening. My wife is the primary applicant. Her program starts in January. It's for 2 years. I am the sponsor and we plan on going together with our infant. I have tuition and living year expenses plus miscellaneous for the three of us. Would that be okay? Will the second year tuition and expenses be required to be provided as well now? [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kinkylaura: 5:48pm On Oct 13, 2023
Good evening everyone,
I am new here and I need some guidelines.

I got an admission to study at Eastern college and a study visa for my 1yr diploma program. How do I apply to take my husband and two kids with me to Canada.

My husband wants to work while in Canada, what type of visa should I apply for him?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Degift: 7:04pm On Oct 13, 2023
Since Eastern College is a private career college (no open work permit) your spouse can only accompany you on a tourrist/visit visa except only if he gets a job offer that can make him get a work permit.

Kinkylaura:
Good evening everyone,
I am new here and I need some guidelines.

I got an admission to study at Eastern college and a study visa for my 1yr diploma program. How do I apply to take my husband and two kids with me to Canada.

My husband wants to work while in Canada, what type of visa should I apply for him?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Scottotas1: 7:20pm On Oct 13, 2023
Please house I need your input on this, I fill money available in my pof and money my co sponsor has promised to support me with every document he has provided,and my deposit as total funds available for my study and I have submitted the form and I have biometric next week. Will this be a red flags? If it will be please how can I correct it to the fund on my pof only?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iyke6505: 7:53pm On Oct 13, 2023
Please gurus in the house I need guidance here.
with MBS will the embassy be limited to the particular time frame I want them to see or will they have access to the full six months statement. I intend to submit only four months statement hope is not a red flag. I have a lump sum before the four months and I will not want it to reflect in the statement of account.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JapaPrince: 9:52pm On Oct 13, 2023
Iyke6505:
Please I need assistance. In my letter of admission from Conestoga college the payment options written there are Flywire, Convera and pay my tuition. These three payment channel uses black market rate which is way higher than official rate. This afternoon flywire rate is #820 as against official rate of #550 per CAD, please has anyone made payment to Conestoga college using Flutterwave, I heard they use official rate or any other payment channels different from these Flywire, Convera or pay my tuition. Thanks
Is there still anything like official rate ??
Like do banks still process form A ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JapaPrince: 9:54pm On Oct 13, 2023
Hello house
Just wanted to ask if Nigeria still subsidize FX for international school fees payment. ?
Previously known as form A
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by evansp: 10:43pm On Oct 13, 2023
Please It is compulsory to include Cv for visa application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by yansky(m): 10:46pm On Oct 13, 2023
JMG12:
Yes the admission is still in place

Hi please I have a similar question. I tried to defer my admission with conestoga till may but they say deferring isn’t guaranteed. If I don’t get the deferred admission, will my current offer still stand since I had to withdraw to apply for a defer?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by NairaLuck: 11:18pm On Oct 13, 2023
Good morning Everyone, please I need assistance on documents in addition to Passport request for VFS. Family got passport request, do I need to pay return per courier per family member, also what additional documents should I add before sending to VFS because they don’t live in Lagos.

Please any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Scottotas1: 11:56pm On Oct 13, 2023
Please house I need your input on this, I fill money available in my pof and money my co sponsor has promised to support me with every document he has provided,and my deposit as total funds available for my study and I have submitted the form and I have biometric next week. Will this be a red flags? If it will be please how can I correct it to the fund on my pof only? Please family I need response to this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by lordfredrick: 1:19am On Oct 14, 2023
chizorkay:
Hello all

Please I'm trying to apply to St.Clair college but I keep getting "There are no institutions available to apply to at this time." from the OCAS international website.

I'm also interested in Lambton College but applications portal isn't open now

I'm looking at a PgD in Data Analytics

What do I do please?

Check Seneca college.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gideon19: 2:22am On Oct 14, 2023
JMG12:
Good morning kindly use this link to book your biometric
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/book-an-appointment

It will end in Congratulations

Hi JMG12 and all, I also got the Biometric request on one of my applications only.
NOTE: I have 3 applications which are SP, VV and SOWP but I got Biometric request for SP. Although, VV is for a child below one years of age.

I will like to confirm if this is normal and on the VFS page, how many applicants can i select, pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by fola62: 2:22am On Oct 14, 2023
Kinggame1:
Anyone going to st clair college January 2024 intake. Lets connect

Hi. how can we connect
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Tessi59: 2:31am On Oct 14, 2023
zubizareta:

The 48m is obviously not going to cover the full 4 years. So I guess you were trying to show funds for say 2 years and convince them of his capabilities to pay subsequent expenses.
Well, it all depends on how you did the job. The sop, the supporting docs you put in to show his financial capabilities and how you demonstrated this. Also you might have to pay atleast half semester since you have now been refused twice. You can't keep telling them you have 40m plus and don't want to make a school expense from it.
There are still a whole lot more to check before you can start concluding that your application was faultless.

@zuzubizareta, please check your Email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Tessi59: 2:32am On Oct 14, 2023
zuzubizareta, please check your Email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bullstriker: 2:58am On Oct 14, 2023
You are supposed to get biometrics for the SP and SOWP. Send them an email or/and web form if you paid 170 for biometrics. An applicant below the age of 14 are not required to give biometrics.
gideon19:

Hi JMG12 and all, I also got the Biometric request on one of my applications only.
NOTE: I have 3 applications which are SP, VV and SOWP but I got Biometric request for SP. Although, VV is for a child below one years of age.

I will like to confirm if this is normal and on the VFS page, how many applicants can i select, pls?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gideon19: 3:43am On Oct 14, 2023
bullstriker:
You are supposed to get biometrics for the SP and SOWP. Send them an email or/and web form if you paid 170 for biometrics. An applicant below the age of 14 are not required to give biometrics.

yes, i paid CAD 170 for biometrics.

can i still proceed with the scheduling of biometrics after raising a webform?

kindly help to share the mail id as well, pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Scottotas1: 3:55am On Oct 14, 2023
Please JMG12 and house good morning abeg make Una help a brother on this, I fill money available in my pof and money my co sponsor has promised to support me with every document he has provided,and my deposit as total funds available for my study and I have submitted the form and I have biometric next week. Will this be a red flags? If it will be please how can I correct it to the fund on my pof only? Please family I need response to this

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (476) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.