Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,544 members, 7,816,322 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay (35042 Views)

Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 / Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? / High Cost Of Living: How Much Do You Earn Monthly And How Much Do You Spend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Soknown: 4:26pm On Aug 04, 2023
ideamonster:
OP, Luckily for you, this video that addresses all your concerns was on Nairaland frontpage this monday. Japa. still worth it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAiqIyuG0hM

Here, fourteen people discussed all the things you have to take into consideration to make your decision to relocate including the three highly controversial pathways to residency. I suggest you listen till the very end. It's a very practical conversation, highly educative and thankfully, they aren't selling you anything. Pay particular attention to what the geologist says he had to do when he relocated. You can thank me later.

All the best.

Thank you.
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Daxray07(m): 4:38pm On Aug 04, 2023
5mil a month is enough for you to start something before your boss is thrown out if that eventually happens. I personally don't enjoy working for people and I'm always looking for ways to invest or start something just for myself, with your current financial status you should be able to start something that would grow and stop you from seeking employemnt upandan. My take though.
franchasofficia:
Me too, I just got appointment as an SA to a Governor, and my total take home a month is around 5million, but I am scared tribunal may throw my boss out soonest and I just got a work visa to Mozambique, I don't know if I should leave this SA job and japa or not.

Nairalanders abeg help a brother with some good advice angry
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by OvertheTop(m): 4:38pm On Aug 04, 2023
crown2525:
My candid advice is that just build yourself here, later you can relocate your family abroad and go visiting!!!

on what Visa?
How will they get their Green Card or Citizenship?
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by OvertheTop(m): 4:42pm On Aug 04, 2023
Boyjaco:
Send your kids and wife abroad put your kids in a very affordable school and wife let look after the children

She will have to marry another Citizen to get a Permanent Residency.
if not there time over there will expire
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by alhajiabdulbuha: 5:22pm On Aug 04, 2023
Soon u must be recruited to be among the 50 million youths to invade Niger to fight the west african french Vladimir Putin's force
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by osaido: 5:27pm On Aug 04, 2023
I am currently in UK, Coming here has its own prons and cons. I will give u some reasons why u either need to be in Nigeria or Japa
Firstly, it's is difficult to get a white collar job here in UK, even as a professional all they seek here is UK experience initially, your certificates will not even be noticed.
Secondly, prepare your mind to work for as long as 10hrs minimum a day in either a care home, cleaning, warehouse, factory, sales representative, receptionist or any unskilled job available which is very tasking and awful most times
Thirdly, prepare ur mi d to relocate ur wife to support u here make hunger and loneliness no wound you
In the midst of all this, Coming to uk will be beneficial to your kids and family as it will elongate ur lifespan and hive ur family better future
Uk currency is quite high, minimum wage per hour is £10.40, so if u can work 40hours a week u earn about 400k minimum if u multiply in a month u will see u may be doing better I Nigeria without stress
Think before you JAPA

2 Likes

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by scally11: 5:30pm On Aug 04, 2023
JIBO4REAL:

If you say another thing I may agreed with you but best education spoiled everything
When we have a third class graduate in Nigeria top almost all the class in abroad
My friend no let anyone fool you. A third class graduate in Nigeria cannot top all his class abroad at least not in the UK where I school. Education in UK is harder than Nigeria where we all copy ourselves. U no how many resit my friends have. Some were even professionals with other masters before this one.
Back to the op. If u actually earn 1.2million u don't have business coming to the UK save for the insecurity in Nigeria. Take that away u are fine in Nigeria because coming here u will be saving equivalent after paying tax, bills and rent.
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Hawkler: 5:52pm On Aug 04, 2023
NGO is a contract job,Man
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Mrsegz: 6:04pm On Aug 04, 2023
If you earn that much, you probably have experience and value that can earn you much more abroad, depending on country and mode of entry.
I worked in Telecoms for 13years in Naija, didn't earn much. But I currently work with a Telco in Canada and I earn triple my annual salary in Naija every month and that even after tax.
So there are pros and cons, weigh your options, browse opportunities both home and abroad.

Meerahbel:
From tushd.
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by hush15: 6:07pm On Aug 04, 2023
Meerahbel:
From tushd.

One can earn 1billion it will be of no value in Nigeria cos nothing works in this country but you can when 150k abroad but the joy and peace of mind wey go follow that 150k ehn! And that only happens in a system that works.
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by BennyDGreat: 6:38pm On Aug 04, 2023
jacobnel:
Alot of NGO in Nigeria paid more than that WHO,GiZ Nigeria, Unicef, Plan and many more

I want to believe so. People earn well in this nation. They are not just many compared to the total population size
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Dadatao1998: 7:02pm On Aug 04, 2023
Daxray07:
5mil a month is enough for you to start something before your boss is thrown out if that eventually happens. I personally don't enjoy working for people and I'm always looking for ways to invest or start something just for myself, with your current financial status you should be able to start something that would grow and stop you from seeking employemnt upandan. My take though.

Are you believing this guy? If so, i am sorry to say that you are a mumu. How can he be earning 5million naira per month as an S.A to governor?
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by lildush(m): 7:57pm On Aug 04, 2023
fyzaila:
Japa to go and do what there exactly? It's not as if there is war here.
You have a good job already, why not hold your peace and build your abroad here.

Same thing I wanted to say...

1 Like

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by LastProphet: 8:12pm On Aug 04, 2023
SSpeter:
is it the low purchasing power of the Naira you will use for vacation?

He works in an ngo, if he earns that much then he will get official foreign trips, trainings etc,may times no dime from her pocket
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 8:46pm On Aug 04, 2023
Stay for now, after the expiration of your NGO work, you can japa.
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by ajol1990(m): 8:56pm On Aug 04, 2023
Please give me the Job if you are locating my number is 07063428857
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by SSpeter(m): 8:59pm On Aug 04, 2023
LastProphet:

He works in an ngo, if he earns that much then he will get official foreign trips, trainings etc,may times no dime from her pocket
going for trainings abroad is not tantamount to taking a vacation neither does foreign trips which are work related. When you go on vacation, you plan to relax and spend money
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by PECON1(m): 10:03pm On Aug 04, 2023
Berankis:

grin grin grin
I earn 10.2m a month too, can you advise me? grin
10.2 wetin a month in this same country 😹😹😹
Wat air are u breathing cos not the same as mine 😀😀😹

1 Like

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by PECON1(m): 10:07pm On Aug 04, 2023
Dadatao1998:

Are you believing this guy? If so, i am sorry to say that you are a mumu. How can he be earning 5million naira per month as an S.A to governor?
Nobody earns 5mil a month as an S A even to the president of Nigeria, the past governor of Abia state made 2 of my friends S A and none of the guys earned more than 200k basic salary a month
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by PECON1(m): 10:25pm On Aug 04, 2023
motionarena:

He is a massage therapist
check where u are staying, hw many big men earning millions are seeking advice from those not earning much or even jobless advice on travel, that op is lying.
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Tonylyte(m): 10:51pm On Aug 04, 2023
Meerahbel:
From tushd.

Please Sir, can u get me job in the NGO? Please I beg u Sir.
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by LastProphet: 11:03pm On Aug 04, 2023
SSpeter:
going for trainings abroad is not tantamount to taking a vacation neither does foreign trips which are work related. When you go on vacation, you plan to relax and spend money

Then let him leave his 1.2m job and go on nonimmigrant visa na, let him go and be a student and know how far? Anything outside what I told him he will be back here later to write epistles
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Basiljoe: 4:04am On Aug 05, 2023
Believe everything you read online at your own peril.

1 Like

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by 1stola: 7:08am On Aug 05, 2023
Nonexisting:
Guy, NGO job no dey guaranteed. I'm anti japa but you have a child, a son for that matter so japa for his sake. Country no level. Even though I'm still comfortable so far, if I have a son, I will japa to give him a better future. God forbid I raise a son in this dark part of the world.
Most you don't know anything about abroad...
That same son could turn against you later in an evil society abroad... Nobody go tell you...
Society of homos where you can't correct children...

1 Like

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Daxray07(m): 8:42am On Aug 05, 2023
Abi na u be the mumu sorry to say if u are unaware of the kind of money in politics. As an S.A u and ur oga go fit dey award countless contracts to personal companies, collect "token" from contractors and other people desperate for favor. Note he didn't say it was only his salary because money dey come from everywhere. Try ask urself why people are willing to steal, kill and destroy just to get into political positions if money no dey?
Dadatao1998:

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by chiboycue: 9:27am On Aug 05, 2023
Meerahbel:
From tushd.

You already have a good job and a side hustle. You don't need to jaba. Just invest part of your income on landed properties in anticipation of life after retirement.

1 Like

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by purejustice36: 12:38pm On Aug 05, 2023
If you can save 800k every month
Then I’ll advise you stay
I didn’t read your message tho , no time
I’ve been to at least 30 countries so I know what I’m saying
If you know you can’t save at least 800k monthly pls Japa and ensure that Japa involves Good European or American countries

Lights up my kpoli in peace

1 Like

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Meerahbel: 2:43pm On Aug 05, 2023
seunayantokun:
Other things being equal, STAY.
Why?
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Meerahbel: 2:44pm On Aug 05, 2023
chiboycue:

You already have a good job and a side hustle. You don't need to jaba. Just invest part of your income on landed properties in anticipation of life after retirement.
is landed properties really profitable?
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by xjiggy: 3:05pm On Aug 05, 2023
Meerahbel:
From tushd.
Oga stay where you are before you go begin blame village people wey Sidon their own jèjè.

1 Like

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Meerahbel: 3:10pm On Aug 05, 2023
wink
itiswell1:

Oga, which type of VISA? If it is PR yes but if it is visiting think twice. I was earning N1m and I got PR. Am not regretting relocating
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by JIBO4REAL(m): 3:10pm On Aug 05, 2023
scally11:

My friend no let anyone fool you. A third class graduate in Nigeria cannot top all his class abroad at least not in the UK where I school. Education in UK is harder than Nigeria where we all copy ourselves. U no how many resit my friends have. Some were even professionals with other masters before this one.
Back to the op. If u actually earn 1.2million u don't have business coming to the UK save for the insecurity in Nigeria. Take that away u are fine in Nigeria because coming here u will be saving equivalent after paying tax, bills and rent.

Yes I agreed with you on going to UK while earning million(s) in Nigeria, but if you know what you are doing schooling in abroad is easy compared to Nigeria where you will be giving another lecture notes different from what will come out in exams

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Types Of Occupations That Make The Most Money This Season. / Meet Pearlena Igbokwe Who Was Appointed Chairman Of Universal Studio Group In US / Bank Send New Staff To Prisons For A Tour To Deter Them From Embezzling Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.