Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,540 members, 7,816,314 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay (35041 Views)

Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 / Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? / High Cost Of Living: How Much Do You Earn Monthly And How Much Do You Spend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Adolfnigeria: 12:56pm On Aug 04, 2023
Bros JAPA, ignore dimwits telling you to stay in Nigeria.

The 1.2 you are earning will be worth like 100,000K, in the next 5 years given inflation caused by the monumental failure of governance in Nigeria. Every year this money will be depleted by inflation - This amount is meaningless.

The scope to earn this sort of money in Nigeria is slim, very few organizations pay such amount. Its better to be in an environment where your options are more.

JAPA , maintain links to Nigeria. If you ever feel you love Nigeria so much then come back...

But ignore dimwits telling you to stay in Nigeria - they do not have foresight.
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:56pm On Aug 04, 2023
You are currently earning USA min wage in Nigeria
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by BigDawsNet: 12:57pm On Aug 04, 2023
Meerahbel:
From tushd.

What type of visa?

If PR, pls move
If work, Pls move
If study, 50/50
If visit... travel and return

God bless

1 Like

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by BennyDGreat: 12:57pm On Aug 04, 2023
Zico5:

Don't mind all these fake story tellers. Which NGO is paying 1k dollars in this current economy in Nigeria. Truly faceless forum is full of fraud and deceit

Is the 1k too much or too small?
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by ojun50(m): 12:57pm On Aug 04, 2023
I can’t not be earning that amount in Nigeria I will be thinking of leaving. This country is too sweet abeg

1 Like

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 04, 2023
Dey load am make your village poeple hear you first
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by wunmi590(m): 12:58pm On Aug 04, 2023

You are already doing a little bit well, you don't need to jakpa finally, just get your family over there, most especially your kid, and go there like 3-4 times a year to visit then..

At least you have secured the future of your kid....

Irè ò
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by BennyDGreat: 12:58pm On Aug 04, 2023
Adolfnigeria:

The 1.2 you are earning will be worth like 100,000K, in the next 5 years given inflation caused by the monumental failure of governance in Nigeria. Every year this money will be depleted by inflation - This amount is meaningless.

The scope to earn this sort of money in Nigeria is slim, very few organizations pay such amount. Its better to be in an environment where your options are more.

JAPA , maintain links to Nigeria. If you ever feel you love Nigeria so much then come back...

Japa isn't for everyone daddy. Don't tell him to do so until you factor in other considerations he didn't mention here.
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by EconFinance: 12:58pm On Aug 04, 2023
I will advise you leave the country

I am a professional; in the top decile of Nigerian earners and yet I am planning my own exit from the country

Some things are bigger than just looking at the surface
Over the course of my career; I have seen the purchasing power of our supposed earnings diminish in value overtime

Case in point; in times past; there is. Lot you could do as an ABO grade banker then
Try am today make we see how far

Decent schools are gradually getting out of reach
Poor people are getting more and more around us
The list goes on and on

Anyways it's your choice to make
Being a have in the midst of many have nots around me is messing me up and I have to leave

2 Likes

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Mrniceguy001: 12:58pm On Aug 04, 2023
Reinamaria:
A person that really wants to japa will not need people's advice to do so. 🙄
grin grin grin é wan pepper una grin
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Doyin400l(m): 12:58pm On Aug 04, 2023
Abroad people are facing more bills, more tax and stringent laws with racism.

If you die for abroad then go need to send your body home.

Slave in a white man's land.

Buffalo soldier.

Nigeria is good if you earn $1k monthly.
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by millionboi2: 12:59pm On Aug 04, 2023
Illegal1:

omoh........nah super story be dis ooh
who still takes this kind of thread seriously
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by EconFinance: 12:59pm On Aug 04, 2023
Adolfnigeria:

Leave am naw
He better make adequate plans to leave the country
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by millionboi2: 1:00pm On Aug 04, 2023
PECON1:
Am 100percent sure the mumu op is not earning such amount, people that earns such don't seek advice from those that are not earning that much. Nairalanders are very funny and predictable,all of sudden they are now earning over a million a month and ar confused whether to travel or not.
U guys are funny, what are u guys doing to earn such amount a month, Is what we want to know.
I laughed at it when ever I see it
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by EconFinance: 1:00pm On Aug 04, 2023
ojun50:
I can’t not be earning that amount in Nigeria I will be thinking of leaving. This country is too sweet abeg
"Define Sweet"
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by dickson4341(m): 1:01pm On Aug 04, 2023
For you to be earning 1.2m monthly, it show how intelligent, educated, exposure and smart you are but sorry to say: I'm disappointed in you. For you to bring something like this to nairaland. You should be able to decide for crying out loud. I'm sorry if it sound embarrassing...
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by SURElee(f): 1:01pm On Aug 04, 2023
For someone earning 1.2 million naira monthly to be asking if he should Japa after applying for Visa a year ago, to finally get and be asking this question shows you will also come to ask us if you should go to work on Monday.

Mschew!

Stay na if Nigeria never taya you.

E never taya you naim you apply for visa?
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by ojun50(m): 1:02pm On Aug 04, 2023
EconFinance:

"Define Sweet"

Put honey for mouth you go know.
If you sabi yr way the country sweet
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by LastProphet: 1:02pm On Aug 04, 2023
Meerahbel:
From tushd.

What visa you applied for is the answer, are you given citizenship? Or just visa and you are already concluding you have made it? If it's student visa to US then your suffering is loading, to UK then you will manage with washing nyash in old people's home, if Canada then you good.
Take note that what the person in Nigeria that earn 1.2M can do with the money, the person in the US earning 2 to 3 times in dollar can never ever do it. I bought 2 car tires and did alignment other day for $435, they not expensive type oh. See you better hold that your job with both hands. Be going abroad on holidays and be learning eventually after some time you will know the answer

1 Like

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by millionboi2: 1:02pm On Aug 04, 2023
Opurumiri:
Some people are so stupid!!!! You earn that much and want to leave all that to travel to another country to start all over again. You're a very big fool!!! For me I left Nigeria because I got a Juicy job offer abroad I couldn't resist!!! You better sit your ass in Nigeria and continue to make your money... Come to Philadelphia and see hundreds of homeless people on the street!!!
ppl like you are few,that says the truth
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by munagi: 1:02pm On Aug 04, 2023
My dear, let me have the job and you can japa. E beta say you stay back and face your job. It's never greener on that side ooo. A job and hand is worth more that the uncertainty of japa.
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by adesmoney(m): 1:02pm On Aug 04, 2023
Baba tell me more
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by ibtommy(m): 1:03pm On Aug 04, 2023
Your choice,pls. Allow us rest.
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by ibtommy(m): 1:04pm On Aug 04, 2023
ppogba:
You should have asked before applying for the visa.

Lesson after JAMB
No mind him. Just wan trend
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Ifyz0001: 1:04pm On Aug 04, 2023
Japa is the way forward for your children...what we have is bad leadership cos one day...one president can bring out a policy that will close down many companies....so the best bet now is to japa...
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by millionboi2: 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2023
CJStarz:
U dey Naija dey earn in dollars,wetin U wan go abroad go do? Earn in Naira? Or U jus wan do us wey still dey struggle longer throat,ba? Kosi wahala. One day, e go click
who told you is true, don't kill urself bcuz of what you see on social media

1 Like

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by EconFinance: 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2023
ojun50:

Put honey for mouth you go know.
If you sabi yr way the country sweet
I'm wondering whats sweet about the country though in this state
And it's not that I am "broke" because I am not

I'm just wondering what's the "enjoyment" that people keep talking about

Apart from say time spent with family members
I am not seeing any much enjoyment as such
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by teemy(m): 1:06pm On Aug 04, 2023
Meerahbel:
From tushd.

I guess you work remotely. Earning in dollars and spending in naira is a cool deal. Unless you're sure of a better offer and safe environment (the west ain't that safe anymore including their governments targeting kids), I believe if you live within your means, save and invest, you'll be better of staying in the country. Also, don't carry on unnecessary responsibilities that will wear down your income. Stay blessed.

Wishing you well - Teemy
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by crown2525(m): 1:06pm On Aug 04, 2023
My candid advice is that just build yourself here, later you can relocate your family abroad and go visiting!!!
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by NwaliE01: 1:06pm On Aug 04, 2023
Please, I beg you to stay. If you know the kind of wahala wey dey this abroad. You will not even think of staying back home.
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by ojun50(m): 1:06pm On Aug 04, 2023
EconFinance:

I'm wondering whats sweet about the country though in this state
And it's not that I am "broke" because I am not

I'm just wondering what's the "enjoyment" that people keep talking about

Apart from say time spent with family members
I am not seeing any much enjoyment as such

Leave this country for 3month you will understand

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Types Of Occupations That Make The Most Money This Season. / Meet Pearlena Igbokwe Who Was Appointed Chairman Of Universal Studio Group In US / Bank Send New Staff To Prisons For A Tour To Deter Them From Embezzling Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.