Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? (9414 Views)

Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? / Is Water Baptism Necessary For Salvation? / Pastor Drowns While Conducting Baptism At Blood River Village In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 5:07pm On Jul 30, 2023
Hanndye:
▢ You can Google: king saul received the Holy Spirit, David received the Holy Spirit and so on and so forth.
Google does not help in this case since what you are saying does not even compute. Second, we are on the subject of baptism which applies only to the New Covenant, so I don't know how King Saul and David made it into this conversation when you could have easily explained yourself in context. undecided
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 5:08pm On Jul 30, 2023
sgtponzihater1:
▢ And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise Gal 3
I don't follow at all. undecided
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 5:19pm On Jul 30, 2023
sgtponzihater1:
■ Israel has been promised a land, but much more than that God intends for them to ultimately inherit a Kingdom. We owe our Christianity to them, as we are only ingrafted branches. My prayer is all Israel shall be saved and may their enemies bow before their feet. Ingrafted Branches
And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise Gal 3
You are not making any sense at all.

▢ God said the New agreement/Covenant He will make with the House of Jacob (Israel) - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34.
▢ Jesus Christ Himself came and told you that He was sent by the Father only to the Lost sheep of Israel(Jacob's descendants) - Matthew 15 vs 22 - 24
▢ Jesus even warned His followers not to give that which is Holy — the Covenant and the Kingdom of God— to those who are not of the Lost sheep of Israel aka the dogs - Matthew 7 vs 6

So, what ingrafted branches nonsense are you speaking about? undecided
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Wodu89: 5:26pm On Jul 30, 2023
tunjijones:

Since you know the mind of the lord. Pls will Peter obi win in court?

Will Peter obi win if he contest in 2027?

Smiles. Let's pray God gives us Grace to see each day daily and to be alive at the end of each day first
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 5:29pm On Jul 30, 2023
Wodu89:
■ Smiles. Let's pray God gives us Grace to see each day daily and to be alive at the end of each day first
Unbelievers world over never pray that vain prayer each day yet God allows them to live every new day. Don't you see it is sanctimonious to believe that your vain prayers are the reason why God allows you to see one more day? undecided Can't you see how you claim glory by these nonsense rituals you abide by? undecided
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Wodu89: 5:33pm On Jul 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Unbelievers world over never pray that vain prayer each day yet God allows them to live every new day. Don't you see it is sanctimonious to believe that your vain prayers are the reason why God allows you to see one more day? undecided Can't you see how you claim glory by these nonsense rituals you abide by? undecided

I know you. I knew you would come. I know you feel attacking me gives you a superior boost just as you do same to people daily. However, I only asked for God's Grace to live life each day alone as it presents itself. If it's a vain prayer and I potray myself as what you've accused me then i wish you good luck

I won't fall into this temptation
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Junny04(m): 5:40pm On Jul 30, 2023
I provided a response to this question here.
https://www.nairaland.com/7784212/re-baptism-necessary-salvation.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Hanndye: 5:59pm On Jul 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Google does not help in this case since what you are saying does not even compute. Second, we are on the subject of baptism which applies only to the New Covenant, so I don't know how King Saul and David made it into this conversation when you could have easily explained yourself in context. undecided
Go and read 1 Samuel 10, 1 Samuel 16:13, Luke 3:21,22.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Tundex911: 6:11pm On Jul 30, 2023
Can someone help us with the osun priestess picture please
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Hanndye: 6:15pm On Jul 30, 2023
Tundex911:
Can someone help us with the osun priestess picture please
The devil is always an imitator, I think you should know.

1 Like

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by PEREZPERECTUS: 6:53pm On Jul 30, 2023
Afromentalist:
No such thing as salvation. It is a control mechanism to subdue the naive.

If we die to live forever, why not live forever directly without dying ?

Foolish one, what you sow is not made alive unless it dies.
I Corinthians 15:36 NKJV
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 6:57pm On Jul 30, 2023
Hanndye:
■ Go and read 1 Samuel 10, 1 Samuel 16:13, Luke 3:21,22.
I am seriously lost here. undecided
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Wodu89: 6:57pm On Jul 30, 2023
Afromentalist:
No such thing as salvation. It is a control mechanism to subdue the naive.

If we die to live forever, why not live forever directly without dying ?

Of we live forever without dying that means the consequences of sinfulness remains forever which is eternal damnation and seperation from God. To accurate understand spiritual truths, it must be with peeled spiritual eyes and understanding
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Chuhwakjok(m): 7:06pm On Jul 30, 2023
Judge not sir, our LORD said he has secret disciples you don't know about.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Hanndye: 7:11pm On Jul 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am seriously lost here. undecided
Okay. I hope you are not lost for eternity.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 7:11pm On Jul 30, 2023
Chuhwakjok:
Judge not sir, our LORD said he has secret disciples you don't know about.
Stop lying! undecided
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 7:11pm On Jul 30, 2023
Hanndye:

Okay. I hope you are not lost for eternity.
undecided
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by yeniyeni(m): 7:18pm On Jul 30, 2023
Baptism should be done in the name of Jesus Christ and not in the name of God the father Son and the Holy Spirit
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Saig: 7:31pm On Jul 30, 2023
Baptism is more than necessary for salvation.
Baptism forgives sins (Acts 2:37-38). Baptism washes sins away (Acts 22:16). Jesus commanded the disciples to go preach and whoever hears and believes and is BAPTIZED Will be SAVE! (Mark 16:15-16).

Contact me for more infor or look for Church of Christ nearest you for worship and what to do
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by mario2k(m): 7:36pm On Jul 30, 2023
It's necessary.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Hanndye: 7:53pm On Jul 30, 2023
Saig:
Baptism forgives sins (Acts 2:37-38). Baptism washes sins away (Acts 22:16). Jesus commanded the disciples to go preach and whoever hears and believes and is BAPTIZED Will be SAVE! (Mark 16:15-16).

Contact me for more infor or look for Church of Christ nearest you for worship and what to do
Hello, bro.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Jul 30, 2023
Saig:

Water baptism does not wash away your sins nor does it forgive your sins. undecided

Salvation referenced in Mark 16 vs 15 - 17 is the same Salvation described by Jesus Christ in John 3 vs 1 - 21 and there is no mention of washing away of sins or forgiveness of sins by Him. undecided
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Hanndye: 7:58pm On Jul 30, 2023
yeniyeni:
Baptism should be done in the name of Jesus Christ and not in the name of God the father Son and the Holy Spirit
What is wrong with baptism been done in the name of God the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit? I thought that's the way Jesus commands it.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 8:01pm On Jul 30, 2023
yeniyeni:
■ Baptism should be done in the name of Jesus Christ and not in the name of God the father Son and the Holy Spirit
So, you feel that in disobedience(sin) one can still obtain from God that which is promised only to those who obey? undecided
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by bixton(m): 8:21pm On Jul 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid all of what you describe above are religious gibberish fed to you by your religious overlords or masters, and have nothing to do with what is in fact stated in the Gospels by Jesus Christ Himself.. undecided

2. Sorry, not true. undecided

May the Lord be merciful to you for your lack of understanding of His Word.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Wodu89: 8:29pm On Jul 30, 2023
bixton:

May the Lord be merciful to you for your lack of understanding of His Word.

As you can testify, being zealous without guidance and proper tutoring is dangerous. It pushed Saul to supervise tons of killings.

A zealous believer must first be taught and trained adequately and learn the scriptures personally before allowed to speak otherwise they can cause great damage because they lack the ability to see the conditions of their very own souls so as to turn from corrections into a more righteous path.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by ichuka(m): 8:35pm On Jul 30, 2023
[quote author=Kobojunkie post=124758693] Open your eyes and ears to learn from what is truly written. Paradise is the grave meaning the thief died that same day that Jesus Christ did. Paradise is not in the Kingdom of God. undecided[/quo
You again ? Please flee from my comments ok
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Expanse2020(m): 8:50pm On Jul 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
God never promised them the Kingdom of God to begin with. undecided
So they are just sinners like us.. they may not make heaven... because they are not children of God
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 8:58pm On Jul 30, 2023
ichuka:
You again ? Please flee from my comments ok
Does that ever work? undecided
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 9:06pm On Jul 30, 2023
Expanse2020:
■ So they are just sinners like us.. they may not make heaven... because they are not children of God
Why would those righteous men of Old be considered sinners? undecided

Recall that Jesus Christ said He came to call the sinners, and not the righteous in the Land, to God. Do you know why? Those who were able to obtain righteousness by way of God's Old Law were those who did as God commanded. We, the sinners that Jesus Christ came to call were the scum of God's Old Law — Deuteronomy 28 vs 15 - 57— who refused to obey God's Old Law of Old. We were the useless trees that were condemned by God from His Old Law. The Old Law of Moses deemed us convicts, and we were judged and condemned to die as a result of that under the Old Law. undecided

But God chose to give us one more chance and that is why He handed us over to Jesus Christ so that we can maybe prove ourselves to Him through the path of redemption that Jesus Christ affords us. So, do not for one moment consider yourself better than those of Old who were able to obtain Holiness and righteousness through obedience to God's Law. No, we are not better than them in any way or form. We are fortunate to be given a second chance by God but we are not in any way better than they are. undecided
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by bixton(m): 9:12pm On Jul 30, 2023
Expanse2020:

So they are just sinners like us.. they may not make heaven... because they are not children of God

They will make heaven if they died in the Lord.
There's a reason why Jesus spoke about the parable of the rich man and the poor man who both died. One found himself in Hell and the other I guess you already know. The rich man was even begging Abraham.........

Understanding the Scripture is paramount to the wholesome believe and faith of the Christian.

Matt.27.52 - and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised;
Matt.27.53 - and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many.

I hope you understand what the above Bible verse means. It's simple.

There are other verses as proofs also but it all depends on your level of understanding to accept them.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by ichuka(m): 9:18pm On Jul 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Does that ever work? undecided
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? / Create Your Own Spells,manifest Your Will! / Steps To Embracing The New Thing That God Wants To Do In Your Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.