Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,339 members, 7,829,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? (9415 Views)

Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? / Is Water Baptism Necessary For Salvation? / Pastor Drowns While Conducting Baptism At Blood River Village In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by reiddecuti: 3:01pm On Jul 30, 2023
Odunharry:
Once you confess your sins and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior, then you are saved.

After confessing and believing, you begin to be thought of the scripture and you reading to know the truth. Cos if you wait for others to teach you, these charlatans will fill in the gap for you and teach you the wrong doctrine.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by sgtponzihater1(m): 3:04pm On Jul 30, 2023
The steps to complete salvation is repenting of our sin, confessing Jesus as Lord and saviour, turning away from our old way of life, being baptized in water and baptism in the holy spirit, then going on witnessing for Christ by the way we lead our everyday life.

Anyone who turns away from his sin and confesses Christ is already saved, but he must go on with the remaining steps, and must go on living a life worthy of the faith. Any Christian that goes on sinning willfully has not known the father at all and does not belong to the faith.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by frankblinkz(m): 3:16pm On Jul 30, 2023
Wodu89:

I'm confident because I have deep knowledge of His words. He word says the spiritual man judges all things but He himself isn't judged.

I've been blessed with visions of the judgment room after death and can vividly depict it. I still had invite from Hevean last year when I was invited to witness the judgment of a saint and to intercede with the person to change before she dies.

I know the Lord, His will and His heart
shut up and answer the damn question
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Princewell2012(m): 3:20pm On Jul 30, 2023
Happycharles:
Water baptism is a show business to show the public (those who care to know that you have renounced your old ways of life). Just like it is during the baptism of John.

Today, if you still wana abide with it, no problem. But it is the same thing as accepting altar call. Showing the church now physically that u have accepted their way as taught in the bible.

And you think you can fix Nigeria ? How do you tends to go about it?
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Hanndye: 3:22pm On Jul 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The Bible does not speak--- it has no voice of its own--- so you need to be more specific about what you mean. Mark 16 vs 15 - 18, for instance, reveals the signs that follow all those who believe --- live their life in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. undecided
Okay, so if I say 'the Constitution says...... ' I would be wrong. Back to the discussion, please consider this verse: 'But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Chetas81(m): 3:26pm On Jul 30, 2023
Hanndye:

The relative freedom you enjoy today is because of Christianity.
but is not the ticket to heaven no matter what
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Hanndye: 3:29pm On Jul 30, 2023
Chetas81:
but is not the ticket to heaven no matter what
Of course it is. But why don't you think so?
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Chetas81(m): 3:34pm On Jul 30, 2023
Hanndye:

Of course it is. But why don't you think so?
son of Man created the religion, some came through warlord which is Islamic religion, while the second religion introduce by American And European citizen, the problem is that black African citizen accept all this which is our problem today
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 3:38pm On Jul 30, 2023
sgtponzihater1:
■ The steps to complete salvation is repenting of our sin, confessing Jesus as Lord and saviour, turning away from our old way of life, being baptized in water and baptism in the holy spirit, then going on witnessing for Christ by the way we lead our everyday life.
■ Anyone who turns away from his sin and confesses Christ is already saved, but he must go on with the remaining steps, and must go on living a life worthy of the faith. Any Christian that goes on sinning willfully has not known the father at all and does not belong to the faith.
That, I am afraid is according to the script handed to you by your pastors and mogs, and not by Jesus Christ. You better go back to learn from Jesus Christ and unlearn those lies fed you by your pastors and mogs if you want to be born again. undecided

2. Again, go and read through John 3 vs 1 - 21 as many times as you need to in other to see that no reference is made to sin— not to be confused with condemnation of sin aka Death— in all of that conversation that Jesus Christ had with Nicodemus on what it means to be born-again.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Hanndye: 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2023
Chetas81:
son of Man created the religion, some came through warlord which is Islamic religion, while the second religion introduce by American And European citizen, the problem is that black African citizen accept all this which is our problem today
Are you an atheist?
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 3:43pm On Jul 30, 2023
Hanndye:
■ Okay, so if I say 'the Constitution says...... ' I would be wrong.
■ TBack to the discussion, please consider this verse: 'But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8.
You would be correct since the constitution, much like the Gospel— which itself is the Constitutional Law in the Kingdom of God— is a Law. Your Bible is not a Law but instead a compendium or library of various books. So, it does not speak or have a voice. undecided
2. OK, so where in that do you get the idea that this power passed on to them by way of the Holy Spirit is what you refer to as power of Salvation rather than power as described in, say Mark 16 vs 15 - 18? undecided
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by arabralph(m): 3:55pm On Jul 30, 2023
tunapa2009:
Baptism is a physical evidence of dying and rising with Christ. It is a "public announcement" of aligning with Christ.

May God strengthen us to walk perfectly in His pathway.

(Note: It is not a criterion to make heaven).
You must be a member of the Church of Christ
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Expanse2020(m): 4:04pm On Jul 30, 2023
Hanndye:

No way, but they shall be judged according to their deeds. 'And, “If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?” 1 Peter 4:18. '
Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life." John 5:25.
Verily from what you claimed bible said, those who came before Jesus will Neva make heaven include Abraham, Solomon, nuah and others prophet and other people because there was no records of baptism on this people..am I right sir
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Hanndye: 4:04pm On Jul 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You would be correct since the constitution, much like the Gospel— which itself is the Constitutional Law in the Kingdom of God— is a Law. Your Bible is not a Law but instead a compendium or library of various books. So, it does not speak or have a voice. undecided
2. OK, so where in that do you get the idea that this power passed on to them by way of the Holy Spirit is what you refer to as power of Salvation rather than power as described in, say Mark 16 vs 15 - 18? undecided

It's the the tradition in the Bible that when there is transition of power the one receiving the power receives the Holy Spirit. You should try and find out.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by sgtponzihater1(m): 4:11pm On Jul 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
That, I am afraid is according to the script handed to you by your pastors and mogs, and not by Jesus Christ. You better go back to learn from Jesus Christ and unlearn those lies fed you by your pastors and mogs if you want to be born again. undecided

2. Again, go and read through John 3 vs 1 - 21 as many times as you need to in other to see that no reference is made to sin— not to be confused with condemnation of sin aka Death— in all of that conversation that Jesus Christ had with Nicodemus on what it means to be born-again.

And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire. Matthew 18: 8

1 John 3: 8-10
8 The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. 9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. 10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.

The kingdom that God talks about is a kingdom that will have no sinner in it. The evidence that we are in Christ is turning from our old way of life and living a life that pleases God, as the Holy spirit gives us power to. Anyone telling Christians that sin no longer matters is the spirit of the antichrist. That spirit and anyone who continues in sin will eventually be cast into the fire of hell.

May Christ dwell in us richly and snatch those wavering in faith from the fire.

Love, peace and Hope

PonziHater
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Hanndye: 4:14pm On Jul 30, 2023
Expanse2020:

Verily from what you claimed bible said, those who came before Jesus will Neva make heaven include Abraham, Solomon, nuah and others prophet and other people because there was no records of baptism on this people..am I right sir
Baptism as we know it, is of the Christian dispensation. Others have the ways God dealt with them.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 4:16pm On Jul 30, 2023
Expanse2020:

God never promised them the Kingdom of God to begin with. undecided
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 4:17pm On Jul 30, 2023
Hanndye:
■ It's the the tradition in the Bible that when there is transition of power the one receiving the power receives the Holy Spirit. You should try and find out.
There is no such tradition abeg! Where exactly did you find such an idea from?. undecided
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 4:22pm On Jul 30, 2023
sgtponzihater1:
■.... The kingdom that God talks about is a kingdom that will have no sinner in it.
■ The evidence that we are in Christ is turning from our old way of life and living a life that pleases God, as the Holy spirit gives us power to. Anyone telling Christians that sin no longer matters is the spirit of the antichrist. That spirit and anyone who continues in sin will eventually be cast into the fire of hell. May Christ dwell in us richly and snatch those wavering in faith from the fire.
1. The Kingdom that will have no sin in it but Jesus Christ told you even through parables that in the Kingdom exists both wheat and Tares and it will remain that way until He returns and then passes judgment as King and Judge over the goats and sheep in His flock? undecided

2. I suggest you try to stay within topic please. We are on the issue of the first salvation and access into the Kingdom of God which Jesus Christ Himself said is granted to all the sinners whom He came to call. Are you insinuating that Jesus Christ lied about that? undecided
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 4:23pm On Jul 30, 2023
Hanndye:
■ Baptism as we know it, is of the Christian dispensation. Others have the ways God dealt with them.
who are these others? Those before Jesus Christ or what? undecided
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Hanndye: 4:27pm On Jul 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
There is no such tradition abeg! Where exactly did you find such an idea from?. undecided
You can check out about Saul, the king and David. You can also check out about Jesus Himself while you are at it. I hope you come back and tell me what you see.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Royal55: 4:39pm On Jul 30, 2023
[/color]The Bible in Acts 16:31 (King James version) says, "BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, AND THOU SHALL BE SAVED..."

we see from the aforesaid that it is believing in Jesus Christ that is necessary before baptism, and not baptism before salvation.

The Bible in John 3:5 (king James version) says "Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of WATER and of the SPIRIT, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

The emphasis is in the capitalised words "WATER" and "SPIRIT". Jesus Christ was without sin, yet He got baptised, therefore making it mandatory for all Christians to be saved first, and get baptised afterwards, as a qualification to making Heaven.

Therefore, baptism is not necessary before salvation, that is, it does not come before salvation, but it is necessary after salvation.

[color=#000099]
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by sgtponzihater1(m): 4:42pm On Jul 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The Kingdom that will have no sin in it but Jesus Christ told you even through parables that in the Kingdom exists both wheat and Tares and it will remain that way until He returns and then passes judgment as King and Judge over the goats and sheep in His flock? undecided

2. I suggest you try to stay within topic please. We are on the issue of the first salvation and access into the Kingdom of God which Jesus Christ Himself said is granted to all the sinners whom He came to call. Are you insinuating that Jesus Christ lied about that? undecided

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by sgtponzihater1(m): 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

14 “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you[a] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

17 The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by livebullet(m): 4:45pm On Jul 30, 2023
adehsenior:
Act chapter 2:37-38 tells us that baptism is for the remission of sins. So baptism is necessary for salvation.

It's a sacrament necessary for salvation.
Any thing contrary to that is a Protestant view. And to me that view is invalid. Not all Protestants though.
Thank God I am Catholic.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 4:46pm On Jul 30, 2023
Hanndye:
■ You can check out about Saul, the king and David. You can also check out about Jesus Himself while you are at it. I hope you come back and tell me what you see.
I don't understand nor do I follow at all. undecided
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 4:48pm On Jul 30, 2023
sgtponzihater1:
■ Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
1. Try to stay on point abeg! Inheriting the Kingdom of God is different from entering into the Kingdom of God.

▢ Entering into the Kingdom of God happens here on earth when you become born again — John 3 v 1 - 21
▢ Inheriting the Kingdom of God happens after the judgment when one is either rewarded with Heaven or damned to Hell - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by sgtponzihater1(m): 4:51pm On Jul 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
God never promised them the Kingdom of God to begin with. undecided

I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. Matt 8: 11
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by sgtponzihater1(m): 4:58pm On Jul 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Try to stay on point abeg! Inheriting the Kingdom of God is different from entering into the Kingdom of God.

▢ Entering into the Kingdom of God happens here on earth when you become born again — John 3 v 1 - 21
▢ Inheriting the Kingdom of God happens after the judgment when one is either rewarded with Heaven or damned to Hell - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46

For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 4:59pm On Jul 30, 2023
sgtponzihater1:
■ I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. Matt 8: 11
The Kingdom of God is as promised by God in Exodus 19 vs 6 to the seed of Jacob. That Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob will be in Heaven does not mean they are of the same Kingdom of God that God promised only to the seeds of Jacob... the Nation of Priests. undecided
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Hanndye: 5:02pm On Jul 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I don't understand nor do I follow at all. undecided
You can Google: king saul received the Holy Spirit, David received the Holy Spirit and so on and so forth.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by sgtponzihater1(m): 5:03pm On Jul 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The Kingdom of God is as promised by God in Exodus 19 vs 6 to the seed of Jacob. That Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob will be in Heaven does not mean they are of the same Kingdom of God that God promised only to the seeds of Jacob... the Nation of Priests. undecided
Israel has been promised a land, but much more than that God intends for them to ultimately inherit a Kingdom. We owe our Christianity to them, as we are only ingrafted branches. My prayer is all Israel shall be saved and may their enemies bow before their feet.

And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise Gal 3

Ingrafted Branches
Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious. 12 But if their transgression means riches for the world, and their loss means riches for the Gentiles, how much greater riches will their full inclusion bring!

I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I take pride in my ministry 14 in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them. 15 For if their rejection brought reconciliation to the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? 16 If the part of the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; if the root is holy, so are the branches.

If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, 18 do not consider yourself to be superior to those other branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you. 19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.” 20 Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but tremble. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.

Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off. And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? / Create Your Own Spells,manifest Your Will! / Steps To Embracing The New Thing That God Wants To Do In Your Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.