Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? (9420 Views)

Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? / Is Water Baptism Necessary For Salvation? / Pastor Drowns While Conducting Baptism At Blood River Village In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Saig: 6:55pm On Jul 31, 2023
Michael547:

Chat me up on whatsapp 08167469103.....I have more questions to ask
Ok
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 8:56pm On Jul 31, 2023
bixton:
It is not I who said that God did not promise them His kingdom but nairaland's Kobojunkie who goes around the platform doing the work of his master who is full of deceit.
Expanse2020:

Lol
Well, all you need do is show us where in Scripture it is recorded that the offer of the Kingdom of God was made to those people. It is that simple. undecided

In Exodus 19 vs 6, God made the promise of the Kingdom, His Special Nation of Priests, to the people of Israel whom He promised He would make the Nation of. undecided

In Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34, God reiterates that the New agreement/Covenant would be with the House of Jacob meaning the descendants of Jacob -- Not even Jacob Himself was included in that. When Jesus Christ arrived, He said He was sent only to the Lost sheep of Israel aka the sinners of Israel. Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were all righteous men -- not sinners. undecided

So, all you need do is show us where in Scripture God's equally handed the same Kingdom to the righteous men of Old. undecided
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Hanndye: 9:10am On Aug 01, 2023
Saig:

Hello bro. Have a good week
Thanks, you too.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by blahc007: 5:29am On Aug 02, 2023
tctrills:

You claim to be a believer yet you don't believe the words of Jesus Christ.
If you don't accept the word from a passage how are you a Christian?
People like you only believe in selected verses that your pastor told you and the rest of the bible means nothing to you.
If Jesus says that you can't be saved without baptism, I would believe him and not you.
You say I talk about what I don't know when I only pointed you to the very words of Jesus Christ. Oga at least, I know the words of my Savior. What do you know?

I know that you don't understand the words of your savior...

If everything Jesus said is plainly understood as you think you do, there wouldn't be need for biblical exegesis...

Infact, Muslims, traditional worshipers, buhdists etc..all claim to understand the words of Jesus as you believe you do....meanwhile what the have is the letters, and guess what?

The letter.........? Complete it
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by tctrills: 9:07am On Aug 02, 2023
blahc007:

I know that you don't understand the words of your savior...

If everything Jesus said is plainly understood as you think you do, there wouldn't be need for biblical exegesis...

Infact, Muslims, traditional worshipers, buhdists etc..all claim to understand the words of Jesus as you believe you do....meanwhile what the have is the letters, and guess what?

The letter.........? Complete it
Oga stop this. Everyone can claim to be the only person who understands the word of Christ. Jesus Christ is not a confusionist as you are trying to paint him neither is he a liar.
If he says you need to be born of water to inherit the kingdom, he was not lying or joking. Just follow him and be saved rather than creating a new meaning to suit you lifestyle.

Again, I feel you are actually lazy and a little bit dishonest.
You have had since Sunday to give your personal explanation to the verse I qouted or to show any verse that says baptism is not relevant to salvation but you have not.
I ask again, do we believe you or the word of God.
Now learn from your Bible.
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Baptism is a commandment.
The bible will not change because you want it to.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by blahc007: 12:31pm On Aug 02, 2023
tctrills:

Oga stop this. Everyone can claim to be the only person who understands the word of Christ. Jesus Christ is not a confusionist as you are trying to paint him neither is he a liar.
If he says you need to be born of water to inherit the kingdom, he was not lying or joking. Just follow him and be saved rather than creating a new meaning to suit you lifestyle.

Again, I feel you are actually lazy and a little bit dishonest.
You have had since Sunday to give your personal explanation to the verse I qouted or to show any verse that says baptism is not relevant to salvation but you have not.
I ask again, do we believe you or the word of God.
Now learn from your Bible.
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Baptism is a commandment.
The bible will not change because you want it to.
🤣🤣🤣Omo! Only me dey lazy and dishonest at the same time... wahala
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by tctrills: 3:14pm On Aug 02, 2023
blahc007:

🤣🤣🤣Omo! Only me dey lazy and dishonest at the same time... wahala

You claim Jesus Christ meant something else when he stated that you can't enter his kingdom without baptism. Yet since Sunday you have not yet given your own interpretation to John 3.5.. This shows your laziness and dishonesty.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by blahc007: 9:22pm On Aug 02, 2023
tctrills:

You claim Jesus Christ meant something else when he stated that you can't enter his kingdom without baptism. Yet since Sunday you have not yet given your own interpretation to John 3.5.. This shows your laziness and dishonesty.
No wahala...🙌🙌
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by tctrills: 10:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
blahc007:

No wahala...🙌🙌

It seems your answer to anyone who disagrees with you on nairaland is that you are the only one with the correct interpretation to the bible.
Everyone of us can boast of having the correct interpretation but true Christianity goes beyond such arrogance.
It's the ability to teach the word and explain the scriptures as they are meant to be.
This you are wrong and I am right behavior is all to common with nairaland Christians.
And personally I think it's a shame.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by blahc007: 12:36pm On Aug 03, 2023
tctrills:

It seems your answer to anyone who disagrees with you on nairaland is that you are the only one with the correct interpretation to the bible.
Everyone of us can boast of having the correct interpretation but true Christianity goes beyond such arrogance.
It's the ability to teach the word and explain the scriptures as they are meant to be.
This you are wrong and I am right behavior is all to common with nairaland Christians.
And personally I think it's a shame.
No wahala sir
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by DrDunamis(m): 12:47am On Aug 04, 2023
Hanndye:

The question is: can you be saved, through Christ, without being a Christian? Because the Bible talks about putting on Christ at Baptism. When being baptized, I was asked to affirm my faith in Christ.
which verse are you referring to?
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Myer(m): 3:54am On Aug 04, 2023
Mrcashit:
Did you know millions of people buy ebooks on Amazon daily? you don't need to be an author before you create and upload yours for free within 3days with my full support . It's easier than expected.You can start with small volume ebooks like 24 pages with good title/content. I would guide you on ways to upload it on Amazon through their Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP), how to create foreign account to receive payment etc.My students that upload up to 5 short books are cashing out monthly from Amazon.
Did you know also that there are apps that can help you write over 100 pages instantly? I would take you through fast lane.
The course is valued above N20,000 but I would be offering it for just N1500 (almost free) to empower only 120 serious individuals. Now you don't have to wait till you have money before you start business.
Chat me to know more about the course and my mentorship style .
Remember, this is just to help you . Act fast and grab the few slot remaining

Good morning. Tell me more.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Hanndye: 7:56am On Aug 04, 2023
DrDunamis:
which verse are you referring to?
Gal. 3:27: 'For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.'
Good morning and thanks.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by orisa37: 8:18am On Aug 04, 2023
ESPECIALLY BAPTISM BY THE HOLY SPIRIT IS VERY NECESSARY FOR SALVATION.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by DrDunamis(m): 7:57pm On Aug 04, 2023
Hanndye:

Gal. 3:27: 'For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.'
Good morning and thanks.

Oh, beautiful scripture. I wish I could send you a voice note with full explanation and scriptures for your to study and fully grasp the communication of Apostle Paul
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 8:03pm On Aug 04, 2023
orisa37:
ESPECIALLY BAPTISM BY THE HOLY SPIRIT IS VERY NECESSARY FOR SALVATION.
To be baptized by the Spirit means to be born of Spirit, a step in the process of becoming born-again. And the Spirit all those who are born-again are born of is the same Spirit of Eternal life that is Jesus Christ. Recall, Jesus Christ said," I am the Way, the (Spirit of)Truth, and the (Spirit of Eternal)Life. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Hanndye: 9:09pm On Aug 04, 2023
DrDunamis:

Oh, beautiful scripture. I wish I could send you a voice note with full explanation and scriptures for your to study and fully grasp the communication of Apostle Paul
I think some texted explanation we do, please. Thanks.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Ken4Christ: 11:30pm On Aug 04, 2023
Hanndye:
After the Outer-call or on the radio, after preaching, the preacher would ask those who wish to give their lives to Jesus to repeat certain words after him calling Jesus into their lives. Is this right and Baptism not neccesary?

Baptism is necessary but it is the baptism with the Holy Spirit.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Hanndye: 6:05am On Aug 05, 2023
Ken4Christ:

Baptism is necessary but it is the baptism with the Holy Spirit.
But first you have to be initiated into his body. Jesus says, in vain, they call Him Lord Lord but do not what He Says. That means you have to do what He says first in other to get His approval. He commanded baptism, didn't He?
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Ken4Christ: 11:35pm On Aug 05, 2023
Hanndye:

But first you have to be initiated into his body. Jesus says, in vain, they call Him Lord Lord but do not what He Says. That means you have to do what He says first in other to get His approval. He commanded baptism, didn't He?

Christ commanded baptism but not water baptism.

Water baptism was introduced by John the Baptist pending when the Holy Spirit baptism would come.

Jesus does his baptism with the Holy Spirit. John did his with water.

Water was a symbol of the Holy Spirit. You have no business with symbols when the reality has come.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by DrDunamis(m): 12:39am On Aug 06, 2023
Hanndye:

I think some texted explanation we do, please. Thanks.
It's bulky...
Or I'll recommend you to books and tapes...
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Hanndye: 7:20am On Aug 06, 2023
DrDunamis:

It's bulky...
Or I'll recommend you to books and tapes...
Why should it be bulky? I thought the Gospel of Christ is simple.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by DrDunamis(m): 12:01pm On Aug 07, 2023
Hanndye:

Why should it be bulky? I thought the Gospel of Christ is simple.

Don't worry about it, seems like you don't require it.
But Godspeed in your Christian walk, it's good to know that 👍 there are more God lovers and worshippers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Create Your Own Spells,manifest Your Will! / Steps To Embracing The New Thing That God Wants To Do In Your Life. / Atheists, Christians And Muslims - Lets Study These Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.