Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,766 members, 7,813,544 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? (9337 Views)

Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? / Is Water Baptism Necessary For Salvation? / Pastor Drowns While Conducting Baptism At Blood River Village In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Hanndye: 10:18am On Jul 30, 2023
Akaegwu:
Baptism simple mean, initiation into christiany.
You hit the nail on the head. So, as it stands, those who aren't baptized are not even Christians yet.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Hanndye: 10:30am On Jul 30, 2023
Righthussle:

Save me from Which of of the hells?
I said hell but you said hells, how do you mean?
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by workchopNG: 10:31am On Jul 30, 2023
Wodu89:

I'm confident because I have deep knowledge of His words. He word says the spiritual man judges all things but He himself isn't judged.

I know the Lord, His will and His heart

Are you God?

Are you not human anymore?

Isaiah 55:8-9: "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts"

The spiritual man judges all things but can't judge who enter heaven bro.

Stop deciding who goes to heaven, you're not the decider.

1 Like

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Wodu89: 10:35am On Jul 30, 2023
workchopNG:

Are you God?

Are you not human anymore?

Isaiah 55:8-9: "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts"

The spiritual man judges all things but can't judge who enter heaven bro.

Stop deciding who goes to heaven, you're not the decider.

The same scripture says several times tell them their sins.

That isn't judgement. Even if it were, how can sin be revealed.without judgment. Ye, even according to righteous judgements of the Lord. Not according to man.

I haven't judged anyone, I simply declared that no Muslim will enter Heveam, unless such person confess Jesus as Lord and savior before death. This is to spur the errorenoues one to search a ND pursue righteousness not to judge him as failure and condemned.to hell

You know the letter but lack deep understanding of the spirit behind the letter. It will be wrong to condemn anyone. But it isn't wrong to condemn sin in the sinner so the sin dies and the sinner is saved unto salvation

1 Like

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by ichuka(m): 10:35am On Jul 30, 2023
No,
Romans6:3.. Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death?
Anyone that believes in our Lord Jesus Christ has been baptized spiritually. The physical baptism is mainly a confirmation of what has been accomplished spiritually.
Just like the thief on the cross.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by mii4u(f): 10:40am On Jul 30, 2023
Wodu89:

I'm confident because I have deep knowledge of His words. He word says the spiritual man judges all things but He himself isn't judged.

I've been blessed with visions of the judgment room after death and can vividly depict it. I still had invite from Heveam last year when I was invited to witness the judgment of a saint and to intercede with the person to change before she dies.

Who invited u to witness the judgment ?
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Righthussle: 10:41am On Jul 30, 2023
Hanndye:

Saved from hell.

Lol. That's good. You're just being human.

When you tell someone a scary story about a certain place, it is natural that they'll be ready to do anything possible not to go there. It's human nature. But I always ask, if you accept a religion just to avoid their hell, what of the hell in other religions. How do you save yourself from those ?
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Wodu89: 10:42am On Jul 30, 2023
mii4u:

Who invited u to witness the judgment ?

My relative was about to be dumped to hell. Suddenly I was invited that I was supposed to shepherd her soul. Hence the angels at the judgment table with the book of her life opened before them suddenly invited me.

I've witnessed hell to. Though for this I pressed and prayed and fasted 2-3 days sometimes five days continuously for over two years.

When He gives grace to have these experiences, He also retains the experience in our memory like it just happened Everytime and we can revisit it. From my experience of hell, I can boldly say it feels like there are no church on earth

People are pouring to hell in huge volumes

1 Like

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Righthussle: 10:49am On Jul 30, 2023
Hanndye:

I said hell but you said hells, how do you mean?

There are different hells. The hell My Christain friends tell me about is different from the one my Muslim friends talk about. I also found out that almost all religions talk about a hell different from the hell in other religions.

So If you save yourself from the hell your Christain parents told you about, how will you save yourself from the hell in other religions?
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by mii4u(f): 10:53am On Jul 30, 2023
Wodu89:

My relative was about to be dumped to hell. Suddenly I was invited that I was supposed to shepherd her soul. Hence the angels at the judgment table with the book of her life opened before them suddenly invited me.

I've witnessed hell to. Though for this I pressed and prayed and fasted 2-3 days sometimes five days continuously for over two years.

When He gives grace to have these experiences, He also retains the experience in our memory like it just happened Everytime and we can revisit it. From my experience of hell, I can boldly say it feels like there are no church on earth

So how did u help her?
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by chibjohn(m): 10:53am On Jul 30, 2023
ichuka:
No,
Romans6:3.. Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death?
Anyone that believes in our Lord Jesus Christ has been baptized spiritually. The physical baptism is mainly a confirmation of what has been accomplished spiritually.
No matter how righteous you are. If you are not baptized, no heaven. Even Jesus that is God was baptized when he came to the earth. What other example do you need? He was sinless and blameless yet he went to John the Baptist who was lower than him to get baptized. John 3:5 is very explicit on this. You have to be baptized with both water( physical baptism) and spirit for you to enter heaven. Any pastor that tells you otherwise isn’t a man of God.

1 Like

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by mii4u(f): 10:55am On Jul 30, 2023
Wodu89:

Was she dead by then or about to die? I tot grace expires at the point of death. So way did u do?
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 30, 2023
Hhansome:
grin

I am from a Christian home. I honestly believe in God but not in the way of African.

Una never want tell us the truth of what is in the bible.

Bible is doctored!

Find a pillow and sleep guy. Yall act like you have even read a thing on religion, left alone Christianity.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Hanndye: 10:56am On Jul 30, 2023
Righthussle:

Lol. That's good. You're just being human.

When you tell someone a scary story about a certain place, it is natural that they'll be ready to do anything possible not to go there. It's human nature. But I always ask, if you accept a religion just to avoid their hell, what of the hell in other religions. How do you save yourself from those ?
Every religions has it's own hell, abi? Do you think every religion is approved by the true God?

1 Like

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Wodu89: 10:56am On Jul 30, 2023
mii4u:

So how did u help her?

It was to come.preach to her on earth. She used to be a fiery chRistian but got married to an unbeliever and since then anything Christianity doesn't enter her ears..I've tried and tried and have tried..She isn't listening. I've done my best

She's not dead. She deviated. I was shown what her end would be and to come and correct her

When the quality of the work is good, God can do almost anything that's why I got the invite. I didn't even pray for it or even think about it. I was doing my chores and within split seconds I found myself in the judgment hall while cleaning my apartment on the said day

2 Likes

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by chibjohn(m): 10:57am On Jul 30, 2023
Odunharry:
Once you confess your sins and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior, then you are saved.
Mere vocal confession doesn’t save one. That’s one of the heresies of these mushroom men of God. Christ came to earth and one of the first things he did was to get baptized to demonstrate its importance. Christians who should follow his footsteps are now saying it’s not important. John 3:5 is very clear. You have to be baptized with water and spirit to make heaven. It’s not only by mere vocal confession.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by 00FFT00(m): 11:05am On Jul 30, 2023
The question is, what if one had kept all the 10 commandments, but was not baptized?. Are we looking at the FCT 25 Percent scenario here?. And why can I freely comment on a Christian thread, but must swear allegiance to Islam to do the same on an Islamic topic?. What gives?.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Jeph1914: 11:05am On Jul 30, 2023
1peter3:21- baptism is now saving you........
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by upuphim(m): 11:08am On Jul 30, 2023
It's necessary after salvation has been established. He that is believed shall be baptized (Mark 16:16).
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by ProfChris10(m): 11:13am On Jul 30, 2023
Baptism was a shadow of the real thing to come. John said he baptized with water but one who will come will baptize with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit becomes the seal of the believer.

The criteria for salvation is believe on the gospel.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 30, 2023
Wodu89:

I've been blessed with visions of the judgment room after death and can vividly depict it. I still had invite from Heveam last year when I was invited to witness the judgment of a saint and to intercede with the person to change before she dies.

Oga,i put it to you that you are a lieing machine
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Wodu89: 11:16am On Jul 30, 2023
zangaozanga:
Oga,i put it to you that you are a lieing machine

I don't argue Heaven and He'll with anyone. Within five minutes after death you'll see it with your one eyes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 30, 2023
Wodu89:

I don't argue Heaven and He'll with anyone. Within five minutes after death you'll see it with your one eyes
fuvk you and your hell fire
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Wodu89: 11:23am On Jul 30, 2023
zangaozanga:
fuvk you and your hell fire

God bless you. My own father fought against Christianity for two decades before he finally caught it. I wish above all things God wins you over

Good luck
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by SeriouslySense(m): 11:25am On Jul 30, 2023
smiley
ProfChris10:
Baptism was a shadow of the real thing to come. John said he baptized with water but one who will come will baptize with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit becomes the seal of the believer.

The criteria for salvation is believe on the gospel.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by SeriouslySense(m): 11:26am On Jul 30, 2023
smiley
ichuka:
No,

1 Like

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Kukutenla: 11:28am On Jul 30, 2023
workchopNG:

You sound so confident. The thought of God is not the thought of man, don't be the judge. Like, how do you feel saying this? Proud or happy? That billions of people will not make heaven because they were born into another religion unwillingly...

Believe it or not, if you were not born a Christian, it's 99.99% impossible for you to confess Jesus Christ.
You're wrong. There are so many people who were not born Christians but confessed Jesus. They even became more serious than born Christians about Christianity

1 Like

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by SeriouslySense(m): 11:30am On Jul 30, 2023
Once you believe in his death, burial and resurrections, that is believing that he died for your sins, and you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, then you will be saved, for with the heart we believe and with our mouth we confess. I will advise you to do the baptism, even though its not necessary, because its a physical confirmation, make sure you are submerged in water. baptism is a sign, that we have died to our old man but its not a necessity for salvation. I advise to do what Jesus did, its powerful to follow the example Jesus followed.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by SeriouslySense(m): 11:35am On Jul 30, 2023
Rejoice Rejoice.
Romans 10:9-10
that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

1 Like

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by SeriouslySense(m): 11:36am On Jul 30, 2023
1 Corinthians 15:2-7
2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.
3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. 6 After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles,
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Exceed15: 11:39am On Jul 30, 2023
Hhansome:
grin

I am from a Christian home. I honestly believe in God but not in the way of African.

Una never want tell us the truth of what is in the bible.

Bible is doctored!

The Word of God is Jesus Christ. He is the truth, the way and the life.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Exceed15: 11:42am On Jul 30, 2023
Rom 10:9 Clears it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

5 Nights Of Glory With Pastor David Ibiyeomie / The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower / A Proposition For Theological Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.