Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,389 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? (17995 Views)

Know Your Phobia. Graphic Pictures Attached. / Why Are You Afraid Of Starting All Over? / Are You Afraid Of Having A Child Immediately After Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by YourGFsnatcher: 6:43pm On Aug 07, 2023
Jennyclay:
undecided sad

I’m scared of Men!!

I hate Men!!

I hate Men!!

I hate Men!!

You need my dirk to reset your brain. Come over here
Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by Godfather898989: 6:43pm On Aug 07, 2023
I fear cats n mice
Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by Ex0rrcist: 6:45pm On Aug 07, 2023
YourGFsnatcher:

I may have megalophobia
Wow, first time seeing this. Learnt something new.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by AgbaAwo001: 6:46pm On Aug 07, 2023
MimiSheWrote:
I'm not sure if this counts as a phobia, but Im extremely afraid of swimming. When I was around 8 years old i almost drowned in the family swimming pool, since then water and I automatically became sworn enemies.

Only the sight of water alone makes me so seriously uncomfortable cos it automatically triggers the childhood trauma.
Some years ago, a doctor/family friend advised my family to get rid of that particular pool to help me recover, which they did.. but it obviously didnt work... As i still hate and fear water more than anything in my life till today.

Like I said... I'm not sure this counts as a phobia scientifically, but it personally feels like one.
I have a friend that had a similar experience, she fell into a well and after that experience, she angrily went to learn how to swim. I guess we handle things differently.
Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by Oshin56(m): 6:47pm On Aug 07, 2023
Fear of tomorrow.
Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by Ex0rrcist: 6:47pm On Aug 07, 2023
taylor88:
Trypophobic images fit kill me

One other phobia I’ve is vagina phobia

I believe so many dangerous death and grave weapons are inside women’s vagina

That’s why I can never Fvck without condom
Search that word on Google, and you'll literally be shaking and disgusted. One stupid inhumane being once begin littering nairaland front page with that stuff. I left nairaland fir a month, couldn't deal with the disgust.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by Majesty33(m): 6:47pm On Aug 07, 2023
Height, deep and the sight of blood.
Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by yusufmurry: 6:48pm On Aug 07, 2023
Fear of how eBola Tinubu will fail and end up with another excuse like Buhari
Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by BabaCommander: 6:49pm On Aug 07, 2023
MimiSheWrote:
I'm not sure if this counts as a phobia, but Im extremely afraid of swimming. When I was around 8 years old i almost drowned in the family swimming pool, since then water and I automatically became sworn enemies.

Only the sight of water alone makes me so seriously uncomfortable cos it automatically triggers the childhood trauma.
Some years ago, a doctor/family friend advised my family to get rid of that particular pool to help me recover, which they did.. but it obviously didnt work... As i still hate and fear water more than anything in my life till today.

Like I said... I'm not sure this counts as a phobia scientifically, but it personally feels like one.

You mean you don't drink water?
Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by illicit(m): 6:52pm On Aug 07, 2023
YourGFsnatcher:

Fear of touching water is different from fear of Largs body of water

Thalassophobia, fear of vast water bodies, ocean, sea....

I have none

I just don't like to swim, it makes me cold

I am allergic to swimming cos it makes me cold
Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by Calitoscassius(m): 6:52pm On Aug 07, 2023
I am Buhariphobia and even more Tifnubuphobia
Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by juniormusa(m): 6:56pm On Aug 07, 2023
Jennyclay:
undecided sad

I’m scared of Men!!

I hate Men!!

I hate Men!!

I hate Men!!

Well done Feminist, you will definitely love one as you continue with journey of life.
Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by Advancedman(m): 6:57pm On Aug 07, 2023
labake1:
I have fear of height (Acrophobia), I always run away from storey buildings. In fact I always avoid a situation where someone will carry or lift me. On my wedding day, I will tell the MC to skip that part. I don't know how to overcome the fear.

What are you afraid of?
And have you conquered your fears?

Stupid people
Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by UcheKingsley1: 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2023
GorgeousAF:
RATS....I hate them with passion...I can have a heart attack just seeing one...I can't even explain it..if I should see it ,it can mess up my whole week coz I'll keep imagining it..d image won't leave my head for a while..

Why?
Rat is only looking for potential food or hiding place, that's all.
They can be stubborn by not staying at a place but are harmless.
Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by j3r3myk3n(m): 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2023
Only God.
Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by timmy2324: 7:05pm On Aug 07, 2023
I fear not making money after believing in joy cometh in the morning
Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by Annahh(f): 7:05pm On Aug 07, 2023
Height and snakes.
Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by sdqi(m): 7:07pm On Aug 07, 2023
My phobia is poverty 😞
Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by uuzba(m): 7:09pm On Aug 07, 2023
Other Nigerians. They are unpredictable.
Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by Gentew(m): 7:09pm On Aug 07, 2023
I have phobia for losing my job(poverty)
Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by donwily(m): 7:09pm On Aug 07, 2023
Nothing scares me like poverty
Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by nwanyiugbo122(f): 7:11pm On Aug 07, 2023
Scared of height,of being broke and of dying or losing any of my loved ones.
Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by uuzba(m): 7:12pm On Aug 07, 2023
GboyegaD:
Heights. Once I go past 10th floor, it is hard for me to go out to the balcony and when I do, I get scared to look down.

I have tried many rollercoasters with height and those ones I am okay with but standing on balconies still get me scared as it seems there's always something trying to pull me down.
It's called gravity.
Gravity pulls objects down.
Roller coaster eh?
We don't have roller coasters in Nigeria. So you must be in some western country.
Yeah. And western countries have even taller buildings than Nigeria. So how will you now cope?
Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by Offpoint1: 7:12pm On Aug 07, 2023
Jennyclay:
undecided sad

I’m scared of Men!!

I hate Men!!

I hate Men!!

I hate Men!!

I want to your man and show you what true love is...
Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by Bkdson2121: 7:13pm On Aug 07, 2023
labake1:
I have fear of height (Acrophobia), I always run away from storey buildings. In fact I always avoid a situation where someone will carry or lift me. On my wedding day, I will tell the MC to skip that part. I don't know how to overcome the fear.

What are you afraid of?
And have you conquered your fears?

Me na snaphobia
Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by bionixs: 7:14pm On Aug 07, 2023
TemplarLandry:
I fear no one, I fear nothing.
you are finished
Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by DAFEEDI(m): 7:20pm On Aug 07, 2023
Fear of drowning. And fun fact I'm a seaman - 3rd officer.
Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by lizychimamanda(f): 7:22pm On Aug 07, 2023
Height, water and blood
Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by Uchefame(m): 7:22pm On Aug 07, 2023
I'm afraid of poverty
Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by Prenonjebose: 7:24pm On Aug 07, 2023
Heights and river/sea
Re: Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:25pm On Aug 07, 2023
Trypophobia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Flood Sacks Makurdi Residents, Destroys Homes (photos) / Pictures Of Lawrence Anini And Osunbor: Anyone? / Who Is This Mc Oluomo In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.