Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,296 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? (17155 Views)

Why Do People Hate Jews? / Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 16, 2011
davidylan:

What's your IQ? 20?

Again let me break it down:

1. ID a science? Absolutely not . . . it is purely a faith-based approach to understanding the origin of life. You cannot demonstrate the creation of Adam in a lab for example.
2. But can science be used to validate the plausibility of intelligent design? absolutely! Can you plausibly demonstrate the evolution of the human brain by nature? No . . . the only plausible explanations? the brain either:
a. appeared from nowhere
b. was created by an intelligent designer

I know it's not a science. What's your IQ? 19?
Without the ICR, you wouldn't be parroting the term Intelligent Designer. All I'm saying is that the ICR promotes it as a science and hope to teach it as a science.

Ok, lets say that the brain was indeed created by an Intelligent designer for the sake of argument. Who or what is the designer?

A) Did the intelligent designer appear from nowhere.
B) Who or what designed the intelligent designer?
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by thehomer: 7:40pm On Oct 16, 2011
davidylan:

you forgot to add a "desire" driven by the need to write intelligent design out of the equation.

I don't think so. How would you be able to demonstrate this need? Keep in mind that the discovery was made independently by both Darwin and Wallace.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 16, 2011
Martian:

I know it's not a science. What's your IQ? 19?
Without the ICR, you wouldn't be parroting the term Intelligent Designer. All I'm saying is that the ICR promotes it as a science and hope to teach it as a science.

I would be saying "God" instead?
What you "say" is irrelevant here as it is an underhand, mischievous and dishonest means of twisting the purpose of ICR. the ICR isnt promoting for example that the creation of Adam from dust is a scientifically plausible event . . . even a 5 yr old knows that is an event that can only be understood BY FAITH.

However the ICR is interested in proving (especially for ignorant blowhards like you who claim the bible is all a myth) that many of the events recorded in the bible can be scientifically proven as having occurred at some point in the past.

Martian:

Ok, lets say that the brain was indeed created by an Intelligent designer for the sake of argument. Who or what is the designer?

A) Did the intelligent designer appear from nowhere.
B) Who or what designed the intelligent designer?

A. perhaps, i dont know.
B. A real stup[i]i[/i]d question. If the "designer" was designed by someone else then can we in all honesty still call him a "designer"?
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 16, 2011
thehomer:

I don't think so. How would you be able to demonstrate this need? Keep in mind that the discovery was made independently by both Darwin and Wallace.

The book "the descent of man" is in and of itself evidenceo f Darwin's own struggle with belief in a universal creator. He saw it religion more as part of the evolution of man's social consciousness. This is definitely a mindset that was ready to attribute creation/life to a more natural process of evolution than an act of an omnipotent creator.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 16, 2011
davidylan:

I would be saying "God" instead?
What you "say" is irrelevant here as it is an underhand, mischievous and dishonest means of twisting the purpose of ICR. the ICR isnt promoting for example that the creation of Adam from dust is a scientifically plausible event . . . even a 5 yr old knows that is an event that can only be understood BY FAITH.

However the ICR is interested in proving (especially for ignorant blowhards like you who claim the bible is all a myth) that many of the events recorded in the bible can be scientifically proven as having occurred at some point in the past.

A. perhaps, i dont know.
B. A real stup[i]i[/i]d question. If the "designer" was designed by someone else then can we in all honesty still call him a "designer"?

lol, Ok. I rest my case. Evolution can't happen through natural processes over billions of years but your Intelligent Designer "perhaps" appeared out of nowhere; because your answer to question two is that if the intelligent designer was created then we can't call it "him" a designer. I said who or what is the designer, but you repolied with certainty that it's a "him". Are you sure your case is not for the jewish diety called yahweh?

You sanctimonious hypocrites. The universe can't exist without a creator but your "male intelligent designer" has always existed without being created, 

Intelligent design or not, at least we knnow the universe exists. What about your superman intelligent designer?

The Eagles are playing well, you and your intelligent designer can go drown in the Atlantic. Hasta luego tonto.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 16, 2011
Martian:

lol, Ok. I rest my case. Evolution can't happen through natural processes over billions of years but your Intelligent Designer "perhaps" appeared out of nowhere. Because your answer to question two is that if the intelligent designer was created then we can't call it "him" a designer. I said who or what is the designer, but you repolied with certainty that it's a "him". Are you sure your case id for the jewish diety called yahweh?

You sanctimonious hypocrites. The universe can't exist without a creator but your "male intelligent designer" has always existed without being created, 

Intelligent design or not, at least we knnow the universe exists. What about your superman intelligent designer?

You must be describing yourself here. An intelligent designer is a very silly idea YET it makes sense to believe that you as a human (with all your complex organ systems) just appeared out of some boiling soupy mix?  grin Incredible.

I'm off to hit some balls at the driving range . . . you bet me and my Intelligent Designer will be having a good time there. Laughing at your foolishness none the less.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by lincoln123: 7:00am On Oct 17, 2011
The Bible is Uncompleted Metamorphoses ,
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by jayriginal: 9:30am On Oct 17, 2011
Jah Jehovah Emmanuel.  shocked
All in the space of a few hours.
We have Frosbel implying that the bible needs a revision (because it is outdated).
Frosbel said
If you have some knowledge of BC history ,  it was next to impossible to marry as a woman if you were not a virgin, unlike today were women open their legs for all and sundry. They had more self respect and dignity in those days.
and Frosbel also said
Sometimes I wonder if you guys are educated and cannot read and understand sentences in their proper context.

This is what the verse says :

"If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and r@pes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels[c] of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives." - Deuteronomy 22:28-29

This verse clearly states that the sin of violation will be punished threefold :

1. The man who violated must pay her father 50 Shekels of silver

2. He must marry the girl he violated , because GOD will not condone shame on the poor woman.

3. He can never divorce that woman

Are you guys so blind that you cannot decipher the meaning of this verse , or is it just that your minds are so depraved that even beautiful passages such as this appear to be of a s.exually perverse  nature Undecided

Does this not show GOD's justice towards the culprit and compassion on the victim  Undecided

Wow , what a sickness !!!

Considering that the same God forbade defective humans (which he created) such as men who did not have their testicles in order, from entering the temple, we wonder at the justice Frosbel is trying to promote here.
God sent Bears to gobble up little kids, he sent fire to burn the false prophets of Baal (which by the way makes a lie of the "you cant test God" rubbish {as well as Gideon} ). This same god has seen it fit to cause the ground to open up and swallow people for disobeying him. He has recommended a child be stoned for disobeying his parents.
That same God, is recommending monetary sanctions when a woman is r@ped ?  What a loving God.
I spit in disgust !!!

Man accused of killing pastor for Desecrating his daughter

BY PATIENCE OGBO

A 56-year-old man, John Oromoro, is in police custody for allegedly killing his pastor, Ben Ojinaka.

The incident happened on Sunday, September 19th at Jakande Estate, Ajangbadi. Mr Oromoro said the pastor of Jesus Power Ministry, Benjamin Ojinaka, 45, allegedly violated his 15-year-old daughter in July this year. He said he went to confront the pastor on the allegation that it was his daughter that lured him to Be Intimate with him when a fight ensued between them that led to the pastor’s death. “I be tanker driver,” he said. “The thing wey happen na since more than one month ago. My daughter, wen be the last born of my fourteen children get marine spirit. Pastor Ben come say him fit deliver her. Na me and pastor na we form the church together, so na so pastor come dey carry her go for deliverance.”

Scandal and death

Mr Oromoro stated that his daughter was eventually delivered of the ‘spirits’ but he noticed she kept going back to church after the deliverance. “Later my daughter come refused to go church; after I ask her many times, she come confessed say pastor Ben violation her for inside my house one day during deliverance,” he said. “I come vex, go meet pastor. Him come tell me make I forgive am say na devil work, I vex but I come forgive pastor.” He said he then heard rumours of the pastor claiming that his daughter lured him to Be Intimate with him. “When I hear say pastor dey tell people say na my daughter violation am, I come go him house on Sunday go ask am say why him dey spoil my daughter name,” he said. “Him tell me to get out from him house , I come vex, we come dey fight. Na so people for the compound come separate us. As pastor dey run go tell police, na so him fall down.”

According to the wife of the deceased, Mr Ojinaka slumped after the fight and was rushed to a private hospital. “As him fall down, we pour water for him body but him no wake up,” said Mrs Ojinaka. “We carry am go private hospital and them refer us to General hospital for Badagry. When the doctor seem am for general hospital, them say pastor don die make we carry am go mortuary.” His corpse was subsequently taken to the mortuary at the General hospital, Isolo, Lagos.
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5622189-146/story.csp
There are several stories like this, many never get into the media. Who on earth will accept that monetary compensation is enough to make amends for r@pe ?
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by harakiri(m): 4:27pm On Oct 17, 2011
davidylan:

What is the meaning of that sentence? Mail4gift2 was quite clear with his comment - i dnt think you were a true Christian/follower/disciple of JESUS CHRIST who has tested the many wonders and miracles of God

Being a genuine disciple of Christ is NOT the same as being "active in the ministry" . . . Judas was "active in the ministry" too but ended up betraying the Lord. Not much different from you.

I don't really get this pattern of reasoning. So because someone quits being a Christian, the only "rational" explanation for that is that "the person was never a real christian" to begin with? So if a Mercedes fan switches to being a BMW fan, that automatically means "the person was never a BMW fan" to begin with?

The last people i heard talking like this were cultists. Christianity is a cult. Nothing more. Nothing less.

You're comparing me to Judas? What is there to betray? Christianity has been betraying itself with it's inconsistencies,contradictions and scandals for centuries but somehow, i'm the "bad guy"?

My dear reetarded so called lab rat, you're long overdue for a brain scan!
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by harakiri(m): 4:47pm On Oct 17, 2011
mail4gift2:

Thank you boss-mi, someone who is just a church goer probably because of one sister in the church, you will see him carrying bible up and down, always attending all the church services, some even create new service as a medium to see or date girls and you come here to talk rubbish.

When you experience the power of God, you will not come here and talk rubbish.

There was a man in the bible, (i will not quote the bible verse, if you have really read your bible, you will know where am quoting from) he came to Jesus Christ and ask him to hell his son and he told Jesus that he can heal his son if he wants to, then Jesus Answered him and said "do you believe", this man did not believe, but he said "Lord, make me believe to overcome my un-believe" so harakiri, you were just a church goer and not a True Christian, now i see the reason why God did not show you anything because you were not serving him, God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, please whoever this Harakiri is, make him/her believe to overcome his/her un-believe, Amen

@ My dear reetarded dullard who actually thinks he has something meaningful to say. . .

Unlike you who goes to church because of "divine favor" and "abundant blessings", i went to church because i wanted to understand my religion better. I yearned to have a thorough understanding of what i was worshiping. I wasn't even thinking of "heaven" or any earthly "gains".

What "experience of god" have you had? All you can spew here is the same reetarded nonsense i've heard tens of thousands of times over. I know your type okay? You're nothing but a lying-pretentious-two faced-hypocrite. I don't even how reetards like you reason. You are "codely" narrating the tale of the Roman centurion who came to Jesus to heal his son and what does that narration add up to?

Lunatic! ! !

Answer this simple question :

HOW DID JUDAS ISCARIOT DIE?

(1)Mattew 27 : 3-8 (By hanging)
(2)Acts 1 : 16-19 (By falling)

Reetards! ! !

You don't even know how to navigate your bible and you come here talking crap!

Rubbish!
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 17, 2011
harakiri:

I don't really get this pattern of reasoning. So because someone quits being a Christian, the only "rational" explanation for that is that "the person was never a real christian" to begin with? So if a Mercedes fan switches to being a BMW fan, that automatically means "the person was never a BMW fan" to begin with?

No you dont "get that line of reasoning" because you dont even understand what i was saying at all. Not once have i suggested that the explanation for not being a christian is that you quit . . . what i was rather pointing out was your "criteria" for your assumption that you were a christian . . . i reproduce it here - I was not only a Christian but also active in the ministry

Any serious/genuine christian knows very well that "activity in the ministry" is no where near a yardstick by which you measure your faith. For example, Judas was "active" in the disciples ministry for 3 yrs, cast out demons, preached e.t.c. at the end the most important part was his heart was not right with God.

If your heart isnt right with God, if you approach him on the basis of what you can recieve from him, if you are merely a member of the rapidly growing cult of personality (name it and claim it bunch) that passes for christianity today . . . then you can be as active as you wish . . . you would be the first to quit should the first "troubling questions" or adversities of life come your way. your story is aptly described in the parable of the sower -

Matthew 13:3 And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;
4 And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:
5[b] Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:
6 And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.[/b]
7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:
8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.
9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.
19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
20[b] But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.[/b]
22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Note the portion in highlights. It describes majority of today's modern day "christians". They "recieve" Christ, describe themselves as "on fire for the Lord" (most empty emotionalism) and are VERY ACTIVE in the "ministry". However they dont have any deep spiritual roots. They are the type who believe that having faith = no sickness, no accident, 3 cars, plenty of money. Achievement is the sole currency by which they measure "spiritual growth" . . . however the minute trials and tribulations appear . . . they are the first to start question - afterall if he is really God why should he let this happen to me?

harakiri:

The last people i heard talking like this were cultists. Christianity is a cult. Nothing more. Nothing less.

This is uninformed nonsense. Sometimes you have to think before you bleat the first thing that comes to your brain. Christianity has sadly become a cult of personality in nigeria and other so-called "evangelical" countries. But for those who are genuine believers, christianity is more than a faith, it is a silent witness and a way of life. It is not a selection of mandated rituals (the key criteria for cultism which you stup[i]i[/i]dly ignore), sacrifices, incantations or anything. I have freedom for instance to pray when i want, i can choose to fast based on God's leading . . . i follow no one's mandate . . . so exactly how do you define a cult? A loose set of people with ideas different from yours? Do you also consider jewish people cultists?

harakiri:

You're comparing me to Judas? What is there to betray? Christianity has been betraying itself with it's inconsistencies,contradictions and scandals for centuries but somehow, i'm the "bad guy"?

Dumb. The comparison to Judas had nothing to do with your betrayal of anyone . . . i was using an analogy. Like you claim that your christianity was justified by your "activity in the ministry" . . . so too did Judas justify himself by being a follower of Christ for 3 yrs. We know where he ended up at the end of the day so not a surprise to see casualties like you.

harakiri:

My dear reetarded so called lab rat, you're long overdue for a brain scan!

irrelevant nonsense.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by splitnaija(m): 5:30pm On Oct 17, 2011
Where are all the biblical scholars on NL? This debate is becoming lopsided.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 17, 2011
@ My dear reetarded dullard who actually thinks he has something meaningful to say. . .

Unlike you who goes to church because of "divine favor" and "abundant blessings", i went to church because i wanted to understand my religion better. I yearned to have a thorough understanding of what i was worshiping. I wasn't even thinking of "heaven" or any earthly "gains".

In summary you were never a Christian.

You came to GOD on your own terms .

God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble.

Maybe you have a problem with conceitedness and need a lesson in humility !!
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 17, 2011
We have Frosbel implying that the bible needs a revision (because it is outdated).

Did I say this, wow my memory must be going !

Frosbel said and Frosbel also said
Considering that the same God forbade defective humans (which he created) such as men who did not have their testicles in order, from entering the temple, we wonder at the justice Frosbel is trying to promote here.

If I were to explain to you, would it makes things better, will you with an open mind consider the facts ?

I think not.

You are obstinate in your analysis of scripture, already approaching the bible from the standpoint of bias and with the cloak of a scoffer.

therefore try as you may, you will never understand the scriptures until you submit your proud heart to God !

"He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction." - 2 Peter 3:16
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by jayriginal: 8:39pm On Oct 17, 2011
frosbel:

Did I say this, wow my memory must be going !

The key word is "implying".
If I were to explain to you, would it makes things better, will you with an open mind consider the facts ?

I think not.

You are obstinate in your analysis of scripture, already approaching the bible from the standpoint of bias and with the cloak of a scoffer.

therefore try as you may, you will never understand the scriptures until you submit your proud heart to God !

"He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction." - 2 Peter 3:16
You take liberties at quoting and interpreting scriptures yet you wish to deny others the same right ?
Why should I accept your version ?
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by maasoap(m): 10:43pm On Oct 17, 2011
Did Jesus really curse a tree for not having fruits in its off season? I think he was frustrated.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by harakiri(m): 3:20am On Oct 18, 2011
@maasoap, Yes he did. Jesus was a reetard. Only a reetard curses trees.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:53pm On Oct 18, 2011
[size=13pt]Well ,the bible is a Jewish conspiracy. Christians are deluded under a powerful spell. Christianity is nothing more than a vicious program sad[/size]
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Vansnickers: 12:39pm On Oct 22, 2011
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Amujale(m): 3:25pm On Nov 03, 2011
The bible is a FRAUD!

Let the words sink into the inner most condon of my brain and set me FREE as I read this text.

THE BIBLE IS A FRAUD!

The bible is a compilation of plagiarized text from ancient religions and stories from around the world; the contents and characters of which have been re-packaged, sexed-up or simply altogether made-up.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:22pm On Nov 03, 2011
^^^^^^^^

I too shall jooin in your chant. let us spread the truth around to all these deluded peoples. grin cheesy

The bible is a FRAUD!

THE BIBLE IS A FRAUD!

THE BIBLE IS A FRAUD!

THE BIBLE IS A FRAUD!

[size=16pt]THE BIBLE IS A FRAUD![/size]

[size=24pt]THE BIBLE IS A FRAUD![/size]

[size=36pt]THE BIBLE IS A FRAUD![/size]

[size=64pt]THE BIBLE IS A FRAUD![/size]
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 03, 2011
And here was me thinking I was the only one on this forum unemployed   grin
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:41pm On Nov 03, 2011
[size=13pt] cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy + grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin To all the Christians now we're increasing in number. . . .the truth can't be hidden ! wink[/size]

PAGAN 9JA:

^^^^^^^^

I too shall jooin in your chant. let us spread the truth around to all these deluded peoples. grin cheesy

The bible is a FRAUD!

THE BIBLE IS A FRAUD!

THE BIBLE IS A FRAUD!

THE BIBLE IS A FRAUD!

[size=16pt]THE BIBLE IS A FRAUD![/size]

[size=24pt]THE BIBLE IS A FRAUD![/size]

[size=36pt]THE BIBLE IS A FRAUD![/size]

[size=64pt]THE BIBLE IS A FRAUD![/size]
frosbel:

Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:47pm On Nov 03, 2011
[size=13pt]The list goes on and on. The Bible is nonsense in a thousand different Satanic trustful ways. grin grin

Ask yourself this simple question: Why, when you read the Bible, are you not left in awe? Why doesn't a book written by an omniscient being leave you with a sense of wonder and amazement? cheesy cheesy If you are reading a book written by the all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving creator of the universe, wouldn't you expect to be stunned by the brilliance, the clarity and the wisdom of the author? Tell me now , Christians on Nairaland your won is too much ignorant to learn and even when the truth is open u still try to hide it ? cheesy cheesy If the Bible was Written or inspired by one great God would you not expect each new page to intoxicate you with its incredible prose and its spectacular insight? Wouldn't you expect the author to tell us things that scientists have not been able to discover yet? wink wink
[/size]
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:56pm On Nov 03, 2011
frosbel:

so frosbel has left christianity cheesy
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:59pm On Nov 03, 2011
[size=13pt]
frosbel have never been a Christian. . . grin just another free-thinker from the famous family of the World cool
[/size]
PAGAN 9JA:

so frosbel has left christianity cheesy
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:07pm On Nov 03, 2011
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]
frosbel have never been a Christian. . . grin just another free-thinker from the famous family of the World cool
[/size]

oh i used to think he was one of them fanatical xtians around here. tongue
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:50pm On Nov 03, 2011
[size=13pt][font= OldMan Book Style]Yeah , sometimes one would hardly understand that frosbel dude . . . . . grin grin

If not , he's another strong atheist we've ever achieved on this forum. . . . . cheesy cheesy wink
[/font][/size]

PAGAN 9JA:

oh i used to think he was one of them fanatical xtians around here. tongue
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 03, 2011
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:56pm On Nov 03, 2011
cheesy cheesy cheesy

frosbel:

Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Horus(m): 10:40pm On Nov 03, 2011
If you do not believe as a Christian does, you are called crazy. I have debated with Christians many times in an open forum and all of their reasoning is the same, you are a cult if you believe outside of the bible. Thus, I use the bible as proof when I am debating with Christians. I show them what is written right in their bible in the languages they were originally revealed and they still can’t handle the facts. I have said it before and will say it again. The bible is nothing more than an ancient soap opera. It is filled with hate, death, murder, prostitution, suicide and lust. Look at the many contradictions, errors and nonsense stories that are written in the bible. If you are a Christian, you will realize that you are the crazy person for believing in it, living by it and dying for it.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Daiquiri: 10:48pm On Nov 03, 2011
Horus:

If you do not believe as a Christian does, you are called crazy. I have debated with Christians many times in an open forum and all of their reasoning is the same, you are a cult if you believe outside of the bible. Thus, I use the bible as proof when I am debating with Christians. I show them what is written right in their bible in the languages they were originally revealed and they still can’t handle the facts. I have said it before and will say it again. The bible is nothing more than an ancient soap opera. It is filled with hate, death, murder, prostitution, suicide and lust. Look at the many contradictions, errors and nonsense stories that are written in the bible. If you are a Christian, you will realize that you are the crazy person for believing in it, living by it and dying for it.

[img]http://www.reverendfun.com/add_toon_info.php?date=20071001&language=en[/img]

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

A - Z Names Of Pentecostal Churches In Naija / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / 'If You Remove Church, Nigeria Will Collapse’ — RCCG Pastor, Pat Akem-Vingir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.