Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,870 members, 7,817,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million (48934 Views)

Points To Consider Before And After Japa Expedition / Japa: How They Rob People During Day Time In South Africa / JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by Klass99(f): 12:24pm On Sep 09, 2023

1 Like

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by CaptainFM1: 12:24pm On Sep 09, 2023
Astar007:

Minimum wage is £1,500 per month where I am which is N1,500,000 per month...u can save that 500k in one month...what exactly are you talking about or are you trying to discourage people not to japa

You may not be among the many! When I visited the state and the UK, I dey pity most Japa I met. Infact, I have people that I send money to from Nigeria. A good number of them earn even more than £1,500, yet they are still living from hand to mouth. Shi-shi they no fit save let alone send back home. Different stories for different people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by erico2k2(m): 12:27pm On Sep 09, 2023
MuMuOnBail:
Na wa oooo

90% of Japarians can't even buy some Bungalows in my own street here in Abuja. I said it with my whole heart.

When I returned back to Naija from Sweden, I couldn't boast of what I am having now.

My wifey is in shock how I did it (Blow like Satan II). But her lucrative job can't let her leave the country. If not she for find her way too

JAPA is not meant for everyone, if you JAPA and it favor you, thank God. If you JAPA and it does not favor you, please keep shame aside and return back like me.

My wife was literally feeding me in Sweden. I felt so useless that when I look at my naked self on the mirror in the bathroom. I see myself having a P*ssy not a Dick.

Some JAPAnarians will not even see 10million in Naira till they die talkless of 100million
Bross this is what happens when you stick to the Joke and Romance section of naira land, come to the Auto and Property Sections of nairaland and see real men not kids.Leave these section and visit the property sections where japarians invest!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by chiself: 12:27pm On Sep 09, 2023
juliuscaesar:
I moved to America more than a decade ago, and I can tell you that it is almost impossible to make 100m naira at once abroad. At least l, not from just your salary alone.

When I got to America, I got into tech after working a few years as an office manager for a rehab Healthcare clinic. When I got into tech, my first salary was $125k with a sign on bonus of $20k.

I was not married then, so I was able to save more. A friend then advised me to trade stocks instead of letting my money sit in the bank and get only 1.5% interest in return for a year. I decided to trade stocks on the side while working full time. I got married and was making a decent amount on the side. One day, I fortunately caught on the GameStop boom a couple of years ago and made over $900k in one day as the stock skyrocket from just above $3 to $600 in 24hrs. The SEC had to put a hold on trading, but I had quickly sold.

I took that money and invested it in real estate.

Not many people are that fortunate. So, again , I say, if it is just salary, over time, you might be able to save up 100m naira, but you can NEVER do it at once.

Well done! It is possible to trade GameStop in Nigeria too!
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by jimmyvic(m): 12:28pm On Sep 09, 2023
Nigerians and stupid response to questions undecided

Simple question wey OP ask, Una don dey ask wetin he wan use 100M do.....e concern you

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by Wodu89: 12:31pm On Sep 09, 2023
juliuscaesar:
I moved to America more than a decade ago, and I can tell you that it is almost impossible to make 100m naira at once abroad. At least l, not from just your salary alone.

When I got to America, I got into tech after working a few years as an office manager for a rehab Healthcare clinic. When I got into tech, my first salary was $125k with a sign on bonus of $20k.

I was not married then, so I was able to save more. A friend then advised me to trade stocks instead of letting my money sit in the bank and get only 1.5% interest in return for a year. I decided to trade stocks on the side while working full time. I got married and was making a decent amount on the side. One day, I fortunately caught on the GameStop boom a couple of years ago and made over $900k in one day as the stock skyrocket from just above $3 to $600 in 24hrs. The SEC had to put a hold on trading, but I had quickly sold.

I took that money and invested it in real estate.

Not many people are that fortunate. So, again , I say, if it is just salary, over time, you might be able to save up 100m naira, but you can NEVER do it at once.

$125k per month?

1 Like

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by Princedapace(m): 12:33pm On Sep 09, 2023
Uchemus:

All youv written is just nonsense. An average chaild has better opportunities in the developed countries. That's undisputable.
All I have written is not nonsense.
U all paint it like once abroad, everything is fine.

Im working with a US company that is so eager in taking teens away from the street of America. I couldnt imagine the number of wasted teens and how it is a big issue. Baba, who no get sense no get sense.
Some of u just paint it like people pick money abroad, like people just wake up and see money.
If the opportunities are there as u paint it, there won't be a single struggling person abroad.

My last vacation, I was in the most of over 20 Americans. They are just regular average people financial wise. I even have dolls pass them and they complain so much about almost eveurthing with life and money

6 Likes

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by Henrypraise: 12:35pm On Sep 09, 2023
Wodu89:

Hahahahaha. Kukuma collect my phone break am bro. You no go kill me o

they want to be in one of those prisons called estates in lekki where you have to go through many protocols to gain access... Then they watch those who can't afford it and feel fulfilled....

But it's the truth, I have come to realize that most activities the black man indulge in is not borne out of the utility he derives, it mostly bellows from the air of superiority, the need to feel among, pride and so many nonsense.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by Morbeta11(m): 12:35pm On Sep 09, 2023
ConfidentialDoc:

I know some ppl who plan these accidents like bank robbery. Just to cash out. Canada especially.

Do you know anyone like that ?

I have police clearance and CCtv witness footage... grin

2 Likes

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by dalaman: 12:36pm On Sep 09, 2023
MuMuOnBail:
Na wa oooo

90% of Japarians can't even buy some Bungalows in my own street here in Abuja. I said it with my whole heart.

When I returned back to Naija from Sweden, I couldn't boast of what I am having now.

My wifey is in shock how I did it (Blow like Satan II). But her lucrative job can't let her leave the country. If not she for find her way too

JAPA is not meant for everyone, if you JAPA and it favor you, thank God. If you JAPA and it does not favor you, please keep shame aside and return back like me.

My wife was literally feeding me in Sweden. I felt so useless that when I look at my naked self on the mirror in the bathroom. I see myself having a P*ssy not a Dick.

Some JAPAnarians will not even see 10million in Naira till they die talkless of 100million

100 million naira is close to 120k dollars. Considering that 90% of Nigerians living in Europe, Canada, America and Australia are only able to save between 1000 to 2000 dollars monthly. You can calculate it and see how mong it will take then to save up to 120k dollars. That will be like 6 -10 years.
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by TheFacelessMan: 12:41pm On Sep 09, 2023
erico2k2:

Are you sure you read what i wrote?it might be a good idea to re-read it, I'm sure your comments will defer?

YOU should carefully read what I wrote. And what you wrote in response.
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by PeachtreeReside(f): 12:44pm On Sep 09, 2023
Kenn55:
After you make the first 100m what next? Make another 100m?
@Raydos, this is what I was trying to talk about in your thread. Every talk or argument about Nigerians is about money, more money, more more money and it ends with money.
Nobody seems to give a damn about any other thing apart from the money they make.
This thread will degenerate into an argument on who makes more money, the stage is set. This is all we care about as a people.

A sensible Nigerian on Nl is such a breath of fresh air.

Amazing discovery 👌.

Money minded just to pepper others

2 Likes

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by MT: 12:46pm On Sep 09, 2023
Ajione:
Is not only money that make people japa, some issues are settled, like security good road getting values for your taxes and when children is involved, your children future are secured.
Anybody trying to japa and thinking of becoming a multi millionaire or billionaire Na big mistake. But am sure once you are not lazy you will leave a comfortable life.
With the present situation in this country things are hard, salary Na pie but.
If I come to you now and I said I need 50k will you give me?
I prefer leaving this country than leaving like a prisoner in my own country.

Seriously, the bolded always comes up as a reason when it comes to a matter of going abroad.

What do you really mean when you say "the future of the children are secured". Who secured it? How? I don't seem to understand that argument.

This is just an illusion. Yes, they have infrastructure. However, it is just the children that take the opportunities that will excel. The place is filled with lot of distractions and the laws restrict the parents to take either preventive or corrective actions . Most of their children don't do well in life. Mostly in rehab, doing one silly course, roaming the streets while relying on handouts. Just a few of them make it big.

No country signs any guarantee securing the future of any children in the world. Success is solely a function of how a child is determined to make the best out of life, irrespective of geographical location.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by Earthquakes: 12:49pm On Sep 09, 2023
Zyxsc:
I'm a software engineer working remotely from Nigeria. I earn a 7-figure monthly salary.
With my salary only (at an average exchange rate of 850/$), it would take me about 6.6 years to save up 100 million, provided I have zero dependents and had to cater only for myself throughout those years. It's quite a naive way to project this though because a lot of things can happen along those years. But it still gives an idealistic comparison base.

So my question goes to Nigerians currently living or have lived abroad. Can you tell us the country, the job title, and how long it would take to save up to NGN100 milliion, assuming you have zero dependents and have to cater for only yourself. Do remember to factor in taxes if any and other living expenses for yourself alone

The reason for my question is not far-fetched. I'm just wondering if it's worth it to sell ones' properties worth milliions just to JAPA and go start over again. Please, refrain from dragging the country's situation into your answer or any other reason to JAPA. Kindly focus on answering the question as best as possible.

Thanks.

I will answer your question when you loose that your remote job.
I couldn't get another job after loosing one when I was in Nigeria but not I am abroad I choose what to do. And back to your question, I SAVE average of 3m a month, I have family and my wife is not even working yet. So do your maths

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by MamaletASO: 12:49pm On Sep 09, 2023
horlahsunbo225:
What do you need #100 million for?

Maybe he wan buy APC presidential form grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by 43Ronin: 12:50pm On Sep 09, 2023
BigDawsNet:
Hahahahah... wher you won make make 100m... for where...

Tho if you get in with a work permit and get a job as a Senior Doctor or top Software Engineer and work for probably for NaSa.. den you can make 100m in probably 3years
at op exchange rate, is 100m not $100k per annum? mtscheew. PMs, BAs, Devops, Data analyst, AIs, DBAs can make more doing 2 jobs remotely no even think am. Give yourself a year to get the certifications, the rest is history

1 Like

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by cococandy(f): 12:51pm On Sep 09, 2023
🤔 shall we tell him?
TheFacelessMan:
A friend of mine just said " Going to USA briefly....be back soon" in December 2016. He never returned.
He showed me credit cards that had over NGN 100 million by January 2022

He is not into crime in any form. He is actually a banker.

He has very well off folks home and away with NO dependents. Just gifts his mum from time to time. He has at least 3 other successful siblings in the US.

For those who want to go - US, Australia, Canada .... in descending order. Most UK folks I know are really struggling.
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by MamaletASO: 12:51pm On Sep 09, 2023
Why 100million naira??

You wan come back to buy APC Presidential form??

Give me that visa...no waste am oo.
I need help

1 Like

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by eyinjuege: 12:52pm On Sep 09, 2023
Relatively high earners can save that in 2-3 years if no dependents and living a frugal lifestyle.
But God help you if you have dependents with wide mouth/lifestyle, because e no sure for you to even have any money left at the end of the month. You go still borrow

2 Likes

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by ogbonti: 12:52pm On Sep 09, 2023
Zyxsc:
I'm a software engineer working remotely from Nigeria. I earn a 7-figure monthly salary.
With my salary only (at an average exchange rate of 850/$), it would take me about 6.6 years to save up 100 million, provided I have zero dependents and had to cater only for myself throughout those years. It's quite a naive way to project this though because a lot of things can happen along those years. But it still gives an idealistic comparison base.

So my question goes to Nigerians currently living or have lived abroad. Can you tell us the country, the job title, and how long it would take to save up to NGN100 milliion, assuming you have zero dependents and have to cater for only yourself. Do remember to factor in taxes if any and other living expenses for yourself alone

The reason for my question is not far-fetched. I'm just wondering if it's worth it to sell ones' properties worth milliions just to JAPA and go start over again. Please, refrain from dragging the country's situation into your answer or any other reason to JAPA. Kindly focus on answering the question as best as possible.

Thanks.

you are not making sense at all - I am sorry to say- IF indeed you are making 7 figures remotely working in Nigeria - why d you wan to Japa?

What exactly are you escaping from ? you think abroad is bed of roses ? you better seat your butt down and keep buying lands and

properties from those fo ols selling their lands and properties to travel to the world of unknown (japa) only to realize they have been sold

a dream. While you are planning to japa, an army of Chinese and Lebanese youths are moving into your country to take over

WHEN you and those who "blindly" japa - return in 10- 20 years from now, you will hardly recognize your country as it will be

RECOLONIZED by new "economic" - IMPERIALISTs - whom you japa-ed and left the country for. INSTEAD of you to make money in

Nigeria, train other youths too to make money remotely in Nigeria - and travel overseas for vacations and live the best life ever in the

Land of your birth - you are joining those heading for "modern slavery and racist subjugation" all in the name of "I live abroad" - hmmm angry

I have lived almost 30 years in America - IF I am in your position right now 30 years ago, with what you earn, and knowing what I know

today about the western world 30 years ago, I will not japa... God sees my heart I am speaking the truth, and not to deceive you...

The grass they say - is always greener on the other side - ---- who no go, no know -- IT IS WELL cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by eyinjuege: 12:54pm On Sep 09, 2023
43Ronin:

at op exchange rate, is 100m not $100k per annum? mtscheew. PMs, BAs, Devops, Data analyst, AIs, DBAs can make more doing 2 jobs remotely no even think am. Give yourself a year to get the certifications, the rest is history

He said savings. That's after tax and living expenses
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by GYBABA(m): 12:57pm On Sep 09, 2023
Treadway:
Smh.

Simple question was asked. He specified the question and asked/pleaded that answers be limited to that specific question, but trust nlanders not to read simple instructions.

Smh.

Hypocrite! Even with your own comment here, did you answer the question? Blaming others for what you're guilty of. SMH

1 Like

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by erico2k2(m): 12:58pm On Sep 09, 2023
TheFacelessMan:

Talk about yourself. Don't generalize onto others.

"fooling" doesn't apply to me. I don't beg like you. wink

Simply gave my experience of those doing really well in the US.
How do I as an individual living in London for the most of my adult life BEG people i n Nigeria? and for what?
Most people own thier own homes abroad have two cars one for wife the other for himself, kids go to school and can afford vacation in India, however when people from Nigeria ask them for money you will hear, life is though we are barely able to pay the bills.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by chiself: 12:59pm On Sep 09, 2023
MT:

Seriously, the bolded always comes up as a routine when it comes to a matter of abroad.

What do you really mean when you say "the future of the children are secured". Who secured it? How? I don't seem to understand that argument.

This is just an illusion. Yes, they have infrastructure. However, it is just the children that take the opportunities that will excel. The placed is filled with lot of distractions and the laws restrict the parents to take actions. Most of their children don't do well in life. Mostly in rehab, doing one silly course, roaming the streets while relying on handouts. Just a few of them make it big.

No country signs any guarantee securing the future of any children in the world. Success is solely a function of how the children are determined to make the best of life, irrespective of geographical location.

I received this email regarding tuition for my children:

We are currently fully booked but will have space in January. Our fees are £55 per hour. If you'd like to be added to the waiting list, please let me know

So English, Maths and is £165 per week. £660 per month per child!

I am sure it doesn't cost this much in Nigeria, even if it is a third of the above quote. Of course I can't afford the above but I want tuition for my kids because school is not enough and I want the best for my children.

1 Like

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by Eagba(m): 12:59pm On Sep 09, 2023
franchasofficia:
Nonsense thread to spite reasonable Nigerians that made the bold move to migrate to saner countries for a better life and future.

You that didn't Japa, how long did you take you to make your first 10million Naira?

Some will be deceived by the yeye talk that Dangote is in Nigeria, Otedola made his billions in Nigeria, Mike Adenuga made his billions in Nigeria and other useless talks.

But they forgot that these guys mostly came from rich family backgrounds, some of them studied abroad, some made their seed capital abroad and relocated back to Nigeria and kept shuttling between Nigeria and abroad.

Listen all you young naive Nigerian youths campaigning against Japa, for you to become truly successful and rich in Nigeria, you definitely need to have an abroad experience or connection.

The few Nigerians that made it solely in Nigeria without abroad experience or connect are mostly into frauds, political thuggery, acting as politicians' proxies, thugs, stooges and front. Others are into importation/trading, religious milking of Nigerians using religion and other higihaga.

For you to make it in Nigeria solely by remaining in Nigeria in our today Nigeria require special grace of God Almighty and strong destiny.
with this your mindset, you don't deserve to be in the abroad
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by IamKizzbrown10(m): 1:00pm On Sep 09, 2023
Someone like me earning 27k per months
i don't even in the next 150 years i can save that....

really tired of the way things are going on in nigeria no good job for ssce holder

at 25 man don't even have saving

omo e choke for here

i need job
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by erico2k2(m): 1:00pm On Sep 09, 2023
ogbonti:

you are not making sense at all - I am sorry to say- IF indeed you are making 7 figures remotely working in Nigeria - why d you wan to Japa?

What exactly are you escaping from ? you think abroad is bed of roses ? you better seat your butt down and keep buying lands and

properties from those fo ols selling their lands and properties to travel to the world of unknown (japa) only to realize they have been sold

a dream. While you are planning to japa, an army of Chinese and Lebanese youths are moving into your country to take over

WHEN you and those who "blindly" japa - return in 10- 20 years from now, you will hardly recognize your country as it will be

RECOLONIZED by new "economic" - IMPERIALISTs - whom you japa-ed and left the country for. INSTEAD of you to make money in

Nigeria, train other youths too to make money remotely in Nigeria - and travel overseas for vacations and live the best life ever in the

Land of your birth - you are joining those heading for "modern slavery and racist subjugation" all in the name of "I live abroad" - hmmm angry

I have lived almost 30 years in America - IF I am in your position right now 30 years ago, with what you earn, and knowing what I know

today about the western world 30 years ago, I will not japa... God sees my heart I am speaking the truth, and not to deceive you...

The grass they say - is always greener on the other side - ---- who no go, no know -- IT IS WELL cool
Simply put Op does not know what 7figures means or he is just high on some cheap shyte

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by Sammy5413(m): 1:01pm On Sep 09, 2023
#100million? So una don dey make millions?
Make una dey try update us on time naw

1 Like

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by erico2k2(m): 1:01pm On Sep 09, 2023
IamKizzbrown10:
Someone like me earning 27k per months
i don't even in the next 150 years i can save that....

really tired of the way things are going on in nigeria no good job for ssce holder

at 25 man don't even have saving

omo e choke for here

i need job
How do you survive with 27k/month, I pay my security man more than that in PHC
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by chiself: 1:03pm On Sep 09, 2023
erico2k2:

How do I as an individual living in London for the most of my adult life BEG people i n Nigeria? and for what?
Most people own thier own homes abroad have two cars one for wife the other for himself, kids go to school and can afford vacation in India, however when people from Nigeria ask them for money you will hear, life is though we are barely able to pay the bills.

Because they work very hard and if they don't take the occasional vacation they will go mad!
They do have a budget and you are not part of their budget.

1 Like

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by Dennisochampa: 1:03pm On Sep 09, 2023
Broz no allow me run enter you....
I never commot for 9ja, u dey ask how many years e take me to get 100m

Na 800k dey my account like this and I've been doing this my job for 2 years...

Billing plus billing multiplied by billing.... Estimated 50 years to make 100m if the billing continue like this...

4 Likes

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by erico2k2(m): 1:04pm On Sep 09, 2023
chiself:

I received this email regarding tuition for my children:

We are currently fully booked but will have space in January. Our fees are £55 per hour. If you'd like to be added to the waiting list, please let me know

So English, Maths and is £165 per week. £660 per month per child!

I am sure it doesn't cost this much in Nigeria, even if it is a third of the above quote. Of course I can't afford the above but I want tuition for my kids because school is not enough and I want the best for my children.
If you could afford it, I would advise you to pay, this will be the difference btw the well to do kids and the not so well to do. Since us as parents(Black) are meant to try tripple times than the average English man to prove ourselves. Now on the flip side, there are good boarding schools in Nigeria for kids if you want to think outta the box

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Osogbo, Capital City Of Osun State In Pictures / Body Parts Of A Dead Woman At Oshodi Railway (Graphic Pics) / Air Peace Plane Overshoots Runway In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.