Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,099 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa (27594 Views)

How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers / The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad / Why Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Listening To Phrankleen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Yorkedwight: 12:13pm On Sep 13, 2023
TongueTwista:

You who's not mentally challenged somehow managed to sit in your stuffy bedroom to determine other people's contribution to daily societal affairs abi?

You first need a proper education to polish your public communication skills before being in any mental space to determine what people should do with their freewill.

Go and check the guy you replying past comments on previous threads. Stop arguing with him
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by esemes256: 12:13pm On Sep 13, 2023
Good writeup.
Please I want to also see stories like this from those that have japa. Stories about their experiences in the abroad. I want to compare something.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by virginchaser(m): 12:14pm On Sep 13, 2023
opicgif:
STORY 2
my neighbors son was robbed last month, august 2023,
he was fortunate to reach out to me, and others, and we were able to inform the police to go to his estate
this was around 1am

the police went to the estate,
arrested everybody in the estate,
in the middle of the night
accused the tenants of having an insider amongst there midst
threatened to shoot them all if they don't confess
beat them all mercilessly

we bailed him that night for 150k.
we bailed the person that called the police for help, for 150k
the others who couldn't pay slept in station for days

STORY 3
in 2019, i was robbed in my house,
my phone was stolen
i hid my drone and other valuables
the phone was worth about 60k
i went to the police station (kala police station, ikwerre road)
the police asked me for 100k to 'start investigations'
i was perplexed, and queried the reason behind this
the police threatened to 'deal with me' and arrest me for making 'false report'
a state commissioner came into the police station with some people he had arrested with his personal police security
all the police men left me to hail him, he dropped some money for them as well as the people he arrested
i ran out of the police station

STORY 4
the former governor of bayelsa state. alameseigha, a multi billionaire died in UPTH
because they had to drive him a very long distance to the hospital, if i remeber correctly, from bayelsa to rivers state
a billionaire!
for something that in 'the abroad', an ambulance would have been ready in minutes,
he drove for hours

STORY 5
when we had my 2nd child, she fell ill at 4days and we rushed her to UPTH Uniport
we stayed there for about 2 weeks at SCBU
i saw a man and his wife lose one of their twins, and a cleaner, not a doctor, not a nurse, a cleaner
came out and met the man with a list of things to buy fro the pharmacy and said
oga one pikin don die, go buy these things before the 2nd pikin die
i knelt down at the car park that night and cried to God that nothing should ever take me to any teaching hospital in Nigera

i saw mothers abused, cursed by doctors and nurses
these same doctors will travel abroad and behave completely differently

UPTH is not as bad as you presented it. It is an hospital I used severally before I changed over to save a life. One thing i know about their antenatal, priority is giving to women that registered with them during delivery than people that comes with emergency and when such person have complication or pass on. News says they lose him or her at UPTH.

Also, do you read news about health discrimination in Europe against blacks. Statistics shows black dies more than white, proportional to the ratio.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by SeriouslySense(m): 12:14pm On Sep 13, 2023
I can't tell, if you are shrewd or you want the shrewd to suffer for their shrewdness.

12inchess:
Make una come naaa. It's very easy over here in abroad. Just sell all your properties in Nigeria and leave your Deloitte Job where you've become a Manager. You don't even need to come through legal means. Just come on visiting visa. When you get here you can easily divorce your wife and marry oyinbo. Within like 1 year you will get your papers then start as Deloitte Manager again in Dallas, Or Houston. It's not that hard. Just come. There is job and money waiting for you.There is even credit system so you have access to funds to buy whatever you want. You can take a loan to buy a 2024 model car and be paying small small. Just come. Anybody telling you otherwise is an enemy of progress.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Fearyourcreator: 12:15pm On Sep 13, 2023
Chetas81:
only mad citizen failed to develop their motherland, those who japa, failed their contribution here in Nigeria, someone should tell us, this guy's have any tangible contribution, to the country they want to go
My brother them go call you bad belle... Many of them no get Wetin to offer this country ... Make them dey Japa go... Nigeria no need those kind people
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by SeriouslySense(m): 12:16pm On Sep 13, 2023
They are lucky, the sentence is light.

Samuel Ogoshi, 22, and his younger brother Samson Ogoshi, 20, of Lagos, were flown to the U.S. on Sunday and are expected in federal court in Grand Rapids on Monday afternoon, the Justice Department said. They are charged in a four-count indictment with the sexual exploitation of minors and with causing the death of Jordan DeMay, 17, who was found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound in March 2022 after the defendants allegedly tricked him into sending explicit photos of himself and threatened to share them with friends and family. Samuel faces a minimum sentence of 30 years in prison if convicted, and Samson faces a minimum sentence of five years.
Deco7:

I'm not happy the sentence was light. Those guys ought to be sentenced for life
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by sydney440(m): 12:16pm On Sep 13, 2023
You can never compare the Nigeria with other Europe ..lailai...
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Fearyourcreator: 12:19pm On Sep 13, 2023
TongueTwista:
Texas has the highest concentration of Nigerians in the US, but when you get there and are fortunate enough to meet your fellow Nigerian at the mall or in the train station, he or she will avoid you like you're the very face of the Covid-19 pandemic. And this nonsense mostly exists between Southerners in the diaspora. You will hardly find an Aboki in Dallas or Chicago, ignoring or looking down on another Aboki. Na we just dey foolish dey go!

Very evil, stupid and self-centered lot!
Na today you know say na southerner dey scatter this country ... Small education wey turn something else .. e turn south to bring presidency everywhere wan blow... North won't take it to these level...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Fearyourcreator: 12:20pm On Sep 13, 2023
TongueTwista:

What's your business with where a human decides to go to contribute his or her quota to societal development? When did you become the spokesperson of the United Nations?
Trump go show everybody... Make e enter again
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by SeriouslySense(m): 12:22pm On Sep 13, 2023
Just accept it and move on, they were not good at home, why do you expect them to become good outside.

I have accepted that fact, I dont trust southerners in Nigeria, so why should i suddenly trust them outside they believe they know everything.

Very self centered set of people. Who like to prey on others

But at least when i see someone i greet them and i dont think too much about it. cheesy cheesy

Crimes make people wary of each other. Me and you are not even decent, so grin grin
TongueTwista:
Texas has the highest concentration of Nigerians in the US, but when you get there and are fortunate enough to meet your fellow Nigerian at the mall or in the train station, he or she will avoid you like you're the very face of the Covid-19 pandemic. And this nonsense mostly exists between Southerners in the diaspora. You will hardly find an Aboki in Dallas or Chicago, ignoring or looking down on another Aboki. Na we just dey foolish dey go!

Very evil, stupid and self-centered lot!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Fearyourcreator: 12:22pm On Sep 13, 2023
casualobserver:

Advising people to go is just as bad as advising people not to go. Everybody’s circumstance is different. Let people make up their own minds. I lived abroad for 2 decades, I had a fantastic job, I still have a house there, I am a citizen so I can go back if I want but I came back voluntarily and I will never go back. Nigeria is hard but for me there is peace, sense of belonging, I have in Nigeria I never had in the UK. Eventually you will realize these things matter.
You no go talk finish...
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Deco7: 12:23pm On Sep 13, 2023
SeriouslySense:
They are lucky, the sentence is light.

Samuel Ogoshi, 22, and his younger brother Samson Ogoshi, 20, of Lagos, were flown to the U.S. on Sunday and are expected in federal court in Grand Rapids on Monday afternoon, the Justice Department said. They are charged in a four-count indictment with the sexual exploitation of minors and with causing the death of Jordan DeMay, 17, who was found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound in March 2022 after the defendants allegedly tricked him into sending explicit photos of himself and threatened to share them with friends and family. Samuel faces a minimum sentence of 30 years in prison if convicted, and Samson faces a minimum sentence of five years.

They should each be given 30 years. It was too inhumane. Too devilish
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Fearyourcreator: 12:24pm On Sep 13, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
I won't miss it I will be coming to Nigeria once a while
To invest
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by thaoriginator: 12:25pm On Sep 13, 2023
SeriouslySense:
I think its more of a Nigerian trait.

No, it's worldwide 😞
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Fearyourcreator: 12:25pm On Sep 13, 2023
Pootle:

the truth...unfortunately third world are wired that way.
Trump said something close to this then

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by SeriouslySense(m): 12:26pm On Sep 13, 2023
I dont know why they want to give the younger one 5 years, maybe they are trying to consider certain things, one of them could be the instigator and mind behind the crime, so he gets more time.
Deco7:

They should each be given 30 years. It was too inhumane. Too devilish
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Fearyourcreator: 12:26pm On Sep 13, 2023
TheGift:
They are telling you people from experience but you won't hear. So go and see for yourself.

For those asking why they don't come back, some do, but many don't because they can't. They sold everything to Japa. There is nothing to come back to. But bills from
People who expect that they should have become multi millionaires in Naira, by now.
Hmmm
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Goodnigga: 12:27pm On Sep 13, 2023
HYDEEE:
Everytime we read the same stupid complaint/excuse:
It is too cold waaaaa, it is too lonely waaaaa, it is too this, they are too that, i know a person that did this, i was experiencing that. WTF.
As if we that are planning to go there do not already know that. We are bush people with no access to information.
u see the cold ba. He doesn't kill. Hardly do you hear of Cold killing people. I myself arrived obodoland during winter. Though the winter was wintering but it is far better than staying in Naija weather. Guys, may God provide for u, if u got to pause your wedding, your job promotion, your new car purchase, whatever pausable, so far better Life and abroad is on your mind, the time to act is NOW. Don't proud yourself because you have 5m naira or thereabouts in your account and be calling yourself a millionaire. The value of that money will reduce quickly plus the fear of wiping your money through sim card or other means. If you want to or need to, abeg JAPA!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Jman06(m): 12:27pm On Sep 13, 2023
Chetas81:
only mad citizen failed to develop their motherland, those who japa, failed their contribution here in Nigeria, someone should tell us, this guy's have any tangible contribution, to the country they want to go
Develop a country where my vote doesn't count You shouldn't expect patriotism from Nigerians after rigging elections and forcing yourselves on the people. It doesn't work that way!

A country where people beg and bribe just so they can have a job is not worth any iota of patriotism. Go to the West and you see job boards established by goverment to ensure everybody is working and contributing to economic growth while in Nigeria, getting a job is a prayer point!

Nigerian leaders are not yet ready to make the country workable. When they're ready they'll do the needful. For now, Nigerians who have the opportunity to japa should not hesitate to do so.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by kayodemark(m): 12:28pm On Sep 13, 2023
God bless you for this post.
Just last week Tuesday my wife lost our first child because of the strike of the Government hospital. Nigerian is a very useless and bad country, you won't know the kind of country you and I are living until Nigerian happens to you. If you have the means to leave this caused country, please do without thinking twice.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Fab21: 12:28pm On Sep 13, 2023
Migration is part of our existence,
And this isn't the first time migration will be happening in Nigeria...
Even in the Bible, people migrate..

But oftentimes, we do complain and let me say we don't know the exact thing that we want.
We complain a much. The fact is no country will even give you 100% of what you want. It's impossible. 9ja no even reach 50%..

What exactly do you want ?
What are you looking for ?
Why do you want to Japa?
What's your motive for japaing?

But just like what happened to Naomi in the Bible, she left her present place because of famine in her land. Her husband died and she also lost her two sons but later came back home with one of her son's wife.

The fact still remains that, people travel for various reasons and however, you can't discourage them once they make up their mind especially when they're desperate.

The most important thing is to know the exact thing you want and why you want to Japa and not just following the Japa syndrome.

Honestly, there's suffering and hardship in Nigeria. If you're doing fine , thank God for your life and the privilege.

The numbers of unemployed graduates in the land are umpteen and keep on increasing. Many atrocities; debauchery, rituals, frauds killing to justify the state of the nation.

For graduates to learn reasonable skills, you'll still need money to do that.
It's so hard even as a graduate to breakthrough unless there's a strong Grace and God's favour upon your life in this nation.

If you're still struggling in this country especially as a graduate and you've the opportunity to travel out, pls do. As long as you going with the right motive, as long as you know why you're going.
Pls, do and work out your ass over there to save up.

But if you're already doing fine here, with some carer achievements, earning good salary , plus job security and other benefits, I don't think at this moment you really need it except you're going there for various reasons. You can be going there based on vacation and exploration.

But selling your houses, properties, closing down your businesses all in the name of Japa, I think it's better to think twice.

If I've the opportunity and the resources today, I'll Japa for the right motive.
I'm fed up and I already gave up on this nation.

For the God factor, it's important you pray for directions if truly your success is in japa.
Naomi in the bible regretted her move ...
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by TongueTwista(m): 12:30pm On Sep 13, 2023
SeriouslySense:
Just accept it and move on, they were not good at home, why do you expect them to become good outside.

I have accepted that fact, I dont trust southerners in Nigeria, so why should i suddenly trust them outside they believe they know everything.

Very self centered set of people. Who like to prey on others

But at least when i see someone i greet them and i dont think too much about it. cheesy cheesy

Crimes make people wary of each other. Me and you are not even decent, so grin grin

How do you lot even arrive at the conclusion that Nigerians who seek to migrate to other climes were not "good people" back home?

And it is the passive manner in which you're dismissing people's struggles for better lives that is even more irksome.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by planetx: 12:31pm On Sep 13, 2023
To that one saying if he travels he will never come back again lol keep deceiving yourself, you will be back in Nigeria to visit once you get your papers only illegal Nigerians don't visit Nigeria. Just came back from the US through United from Washington and it was filled to the brim, same way Delta from Atlanta always filled to the brim. Nobody is saying don't japa but choose your japa destination wisely not every oyinbo country makes japa sense and make sure you invest in this country because take it from someone who shuttles between Yankee and Nigeria this country is a goldmine and life is actually easy and good in Nigeria if you got money.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Fab21: 12:32pm On Sep 13, 2023
Jman06:
Develop a country where my vote doesn't count You shouldn't expect patriotism from Nigerians after rigging elections and forcing yourselves on the people. It doesn't work that way!

A country where people beg and bribe just so they can have a job is not worth any iota of patriotism. Go to the West and you see job boards established by goverment to ensure everybody is working and contributing to economic growth while in Nigeria, getting a job is a prayer point!

Nigerian leaders are not yet ready to make the country workable. When they're ready they'll do the needful. For now, Nigerians who have the opportunity to japa should not hesitate to do so.

Exactly...
At the bolded, getting a job is a prayer point in 9ja. What amazes me most is that, it's not yet done on some people that Nigerian govt are demonic, and they've failed in doing their duty.

It's a crazy World here.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by SeriouslySense(m): 12:33pm On Sep 13, 2023
You can correct me and I will gladly accept your correction, but you know an average Nigerian is prone to scamming others, deceiving others and taking advantage of others.

You see it in their reasoning, they become a law of their own, without considering the repercussions of their actions without considering others.

They have the ability to know it all and to be the highest law of their own.

The can begin to demand and expect it must be, because they are the highest and after they got what they want to hell with the needs of others.

Its always the Jungle for this people. They have lost their minds grin grin

TongueTwista:

How do you lot even arrive at the conclusion that Nigerians who seek to migrate to other climes were not "good people" back home?

And it is the passive manner in which you're dismissing people's struggles for better lives that is even more irksome.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by ruffhandu: 12:34pm On Sep 13, 2023
opicgif:
this is in response to this post that made front page today: https://www.nairaland.com/7834477/japa-fever-among-nigerian-youths

story 1:
i had an uncle who always complained about his job.
he worked in an oil company.
he told me to pursue my dreams (i used to be a music producer in the university) and how life is not all about making money
he complained he didn't have time for his family and how we wishes he could spend time with his children
he complained about how he's underpaid compared to expatriates
he complained so much, we (the family) actually had pity on him
long story short, we had an insider in the company (from our church) who told us,
my uncle was the person blocking my elder brother from getting a job in same company
he (the insider) was shocked we were related to him (my uncle)
he called our uncle in my fathers presence, who told him: do you want that small boy to overtake me in the family
my uncle didn't know the phone was on speaker!!!
this was 2008.

its easy for a beautiful girl with so many rich suitors to tell her 'not so fine' friends with only one suitor life is not about marriage
its easy for a rich person to tell a broke person life is not about money
its easy for someone in canada/US/europe to tell you in Nigeria the grass isn't greener abroad

someone who doesn't buy fuel for gen,
someone who doesn't sleep with multiple lecturers for marks in the university
someone who isn't slapped, abused and insulted in the hospital (like it happens in teaching hospitals in Nigeria)
SHOULD NOT TELL NIGERIANS ANYTHING ABOUT RELOCATING ABROAD

Based on the topic, without reading through, I support you 100%. Some those people are just foolish by leaving the country, not coming back, and yet advising others not to leave. They should simply advise others what to expect, the mistakes to avoid, etc. Most of them are wicked people who wants others to keep revering them.

Let me go and read your post now.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Aaaaarghmed(m): 12:35pm On Sep 13, 2023
Anybody wey dey any good country abroad and is advising people not to come will be deported in jesus name.I detest such threads and people.comr back to Nigeria and advise ,dont stay there ,earning dollars and creating stupid videos telling pple say Bill's choke.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Fahvvy: 12:37pm On Sep 13, 2023
casualobserver:

The point still stands. You don’t come on a thread chastising people for advising people not to go and then advise people to go. It’s hypocritical!!!

The things is most people giving advice have no experience of living abroad…..have you ever lived abroad that you are giving advice?

I think you should go back and request a refund of your school fees at this point undecided...
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Fearyourcreator: 12:39pm On Sep 13, 2023
onuman:
Europeans who escaped Europe to other countries during the World Wars made money and returned to Europe to build industries after the war.
But in Nigeria, Islamic extremists and the inept leaders that emerge from the fraudulent political structure of Nigeria would not allow for a peaceful and conducive environment for Nigeria to enable Nigerians who fled abroad to return to invest in Nigeria. The Nigerians left in Nigeria have been impoverished to the bone marrow by inept leadership and Islamic extremists.
See excuse .. oluwa ooo ... Some of those Fintech nko... Lolz
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by TongueTwista(m): 12:39pm On Sep 13, 2023
SeriouslySense:
You can correct me and I will gladly accept your correction, but you know an average Nigerian is prone to scamming others, deceiving others and taking advantage of others.

You see it in their reasoning, they become a law of their own, without considering the repercussions of their actions without considering others.

They have the ability to know it all and to be the highest law of their own.

The can begin to demand and expect it must be, because they are the highest and after they got what they want to hell with the needs of others.

Its always the Jungle for this people. They have lost their minds grin grin

No offence, how many people have you scammed since you pitched your tent in your current settlement?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Holluwhakemmy(f): 12:42pm On Sep 13, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

To invest
Yes
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by SeriouslySense(m): 12:42pm On Sep 13, 2023
I dont like to do such things, never scammed anyone. But does not mean i dont have a bad trait, because that was what i knew in the Nigerian community.

They celebrate such things.

I prefer the ways of other communities, of trust, of order and decency.

The Nigerian believes in the stomach infrastructure, they cause problems everywhere.

The point is, let us correct our mistakes inside our home or house before disgracing ourselves everywhere. cheesy cheesy cheesy

TongueTwista:

No offence, how many people have you scammed since you pitched your tent in your current settlement?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Seven Exciting Things To Do In Aba / Motorist Crushes Hoodlum, Colleague While Fighting For Money in Lagos / 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.