Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,602 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa (27545 Views)

How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers / The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad / Why Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Listening To Phrankleen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by QueenDima47(f): 11:54am On Sep 13, 2023
Dear Lord when will I Japa? I want to Japapapa🙏😥

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Faposky95: 11:55am On Sep 13, 2023
opicgif:
STORY 2
my neighbors son was robbed last month, august 2023,
he was fortunate to reach out to me, and others, and we were able to inform the police to go to his estate
this was around 1am

the police went to the estate,
arrested everybody in the estate,
in the middle of the night
accused the tenants of having an insider amongst there midst
threatened to shoot them all if they don't confess
beat them all mercilessly

we bailed him that night for 150k.
we bailed the person that called the police for help, for 150k
the others who couldn't pay slept in station for days

STORY 3
in 2019, i was robbed in my house,
my phone was stolen
i hid my drone and other valuables
the phone was worth about 60k
i went to the police station (kala police station, ikwerre road)
the police asked me for 100k to 'start investigations'
i was perplexed, and queried the reason behind this
the police threatened to 'deal with me' and arrest me for making 'false report'
a state commissioner came into the police station with some people he had arrested with his personal police security
all the police men left me to hail him, he dropped some money for them as well as the people he arrested
i ran out of the police station

STORY 4
the former governor of bayelsa state. alameseigha, a multi billionaire died in UPTH
because they had to drive him a very long distance to the hospital, if i remeber correctly, from bayelsa to rivers state
a billionaire!
for something that in 'the abroad', an ambulance would have been ready in minutes,
he drove for hours

STORY 5
when we had my 2nd child, she fell ill at 4days and we rushed her to UPTH Uniport
we stayed there for about 2 weeks at SCBU
i saw a man and his wife lose one of their twins, and a cleaner, not a doctor, not a nurse, a cleaner
came out and met the man with a list of things to buy fro the pharmacy and said
oga one pikin don die, go buy these things before the 2nd pikin die
i knelt down at the car park that night and cried to God that nothing should ever take me to any teaching hospital in Nigera

i saw mothers abused, cursed by doctors and nurses
these same doctors will travel abroad and behave completely differently

I work in the health sector in business and so interface with lots of px.
These movies are a few.
I just keep telling people to help one another..... it's the way out....I do the best I can by helping people get to Docs and cheaper if possible.
My heart breaks each time.....in cases where funds are low or insufficient to save ........
My son survived same and is a living testimony.....been through a lot.
Not many are as lucky

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by jesmond3945: 11:55am On Sep 13, 2023
Lanretoye:
And them no gree return,the fact is that the more Nigerians flow in the less the opportunity the see there.
not really. The west is big for everyone. Just get the required skill.

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by onuman: 11:55am On Sep 13, 2023
ednut1:
europeans who went to North and South America, South Africa, Australia etc between 1700 to 1920s Did they return to Europe

You chose to live between the 18th and 20th centuries.
In this 21st century, Nigerians who fled abroad want to return to their homelands.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by HardMirror(m): 11:56am On Sep 13, 2023
Galaxyss:
Honestly I appreciate your effort to put this out. I read that thread and was really angry, i couldn't comment.

Someone even asked the author where she was posting from, she was like "You don't need to experience a bone fracture to know what it feels like".

Walai those set of people would just visit Nigeria for few week and run back complaining of different things about 9ja, but would write epistle on why the grass is not green on the other side.

Bunch of hypocrites!!!

lol.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by thaoriginator: 11:58am On Sep 13, 2023

Black man no like when black man rise and archive
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by SeriouslySense(m): 11:58am On Sep 13, 2023
This is fact.
onuman:
Europeans who escaped Europe to other countries during the World Wars made money and returned to Europe to build industries after the war.
But in Nigeria, Islamic extremists and the inept leaders that emerge from the fraudulent political structure of Nigeria would not allow for a peaceful and conducive environment for Nigeria to enable Nigerians who fled abroad to return to invest in Nigeria. The Nigerians left in Nigeria have been impoverished to the bone marrow by inept leadership and Islamic extremists.

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by SeriouslySense(m): 11:59am On Sep 13, 2023
I think its more of a Nigerian trait.

thaoriginator:

Black man no like when black man rise and archive
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by DaveHarry(m): 11:59am On Sep 13, 2023
na wa! What ah happening. I just dey give likes to every comment 4 here

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Deco7: 11:59am On Sep 13, 2023
SeriouslySense:
grin Then they will travel with a bad character and become nuisances in other places.

And then people will run away from them and they cry me me me.

We have an evil mind, and its better to just stay where we are and be doing useless things, just like those young Nigerian boys that did sex extortion of a young American, and he committed suicide because they released some nude pictures on Instagram. And the story is spreading like wild fire in USA. Let them go there they will treat them like the evil mind they are.

So they are complaining like the evil mind they have.

Are you for real ?

And the story is spreading like wild fire in USA.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by SeriouslySense(m): 12:02pm On Sep 13, 2023
Yes, in the Media, they keep bringing it up.

The American teenager, even deleted his social media, and threw his laptop away, but they kept threatening him, and encouraged him to commit suicide. Like taunting him to commit suicide, because of how heartless we have become.

Deco7:

Are you for real ?

And the story is spreading like wild fire in USA.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Deco7: 12:02pm On Sep 13, 2023
being:
I usually say this- in as much as someone is in a very bad situation doesn't mean he cannot find himself in a worse situation if he makes a wrong decision!!
So I would expect a reasonable person to not just throw away the advice about not relocate abroad but to make informed findings on whether he could be worse off over there or not and what are the chances!
It is a FOOLISH person that will hear warnings and just TOTALLY DISREGARD the warnings

Preach @

in as much as someone is in a very bad situation doesn't mean he cannot find himself in a worse situation if he makes a wrong decision!!
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by being(m): 12:03pm On Sep 13, 2023
Hmm.. people like u with sọ much of years abroad should be taken seriously..
I categorise the peace of mind, sense of belonging as internal or psychological environmnent which I believe are more important than external or economic factors

casualobserver:

Advising people to go is just as bad as advising people not to go. Everybody’s circumstance is different. Let people make up their own minds. I lived abroad for 2 decades, I had a fantastic job, I still have a house there, I am a citizen so I can go back if I want but I came back voluntarily and I will never go back. Nigeria is hard but for me there is peace, sense of belonging, I have in Nigeria I never had in the UK. Eventually you will realize these things matter.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by pocohantas(f): 12:03pm On Sep 13, 2023
Nigerians abroad do not have any problem with you relocating abroad, they just do not want you to come there and be a nuisance to them and the country. I have friends in the UK and they are seriously complaining of the recent japarians that come without adequate funds. So they want to live with you for long with no contribution. Forgetting that abroad doesn't support such dependency.

They only want you to know the other side. Something you prospective japarians hate to hear.

If you want to go abroad, go and apply na.
Nobody is stopping you.

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by lomprico(m): 12:03pm On Sep 13, 2023
Hamachi:
If you have a good paying salary, wife and kids, don't leave all that only to travel to start afresh again. It will take you average 15-20yrs to get the level you are right now. You can go for holiday in any of those countries to see things for yourself.

If you were younger with no wife or job i will encourage you to go but you are settled already.

Truth is Nigeria is irredeemable. Forget what is portrayed by the media.

E nor kwansain you!
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by jesmond3945: 12:04pm On Sep 13, 2023
Chetas81:
only mad citizen failed to develop their motherland, those who japa, failed their contribution here in Nigeria, someone should tell us, this guy's have any tangible contribution, to the country they want to go
japa people build houses thats employment. Japa people send money too.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by seniorgozman(m): 12:04pm On Sep 13, 2023
God bless the op for this write-up. Only people that truly care for you will give you the right advice. My sisters and cousins are living abroad, they have been advising us to relocate and we are now working on it
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Deco7: 12:05pm On Sep 13, 2023
Faposky95:

I work in the health sector in business and so interface with lots of px.
These movies are a few.
I just keep telling people to help one another..... it's the way out....I do the best I can by helping people get to Docs and cheaper if possible.
My heart breaks each time.....in cases where funds are low or insufficient to save ........
My son survived same and is a living testimony.....been through a lot.
Not many are as lucky

I just keep telling people to help one another..... it's the way out.

You're talking my brother. The way out is bearing one another's burden and not turning blind eyes against people in need
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by SeriouslySense(m): 12:06pm On Sep 13, 2023
It is this emm, i am so smart attitude and deceptive attitude that make people to lack trust in each other.

I get afraid of a Nigerian, seriously, why not be very careful, when they can do and undo, let them be as useless as they want abeg. grin grin grin

Deco7:

You're talking my brother. The way out is bearing one another's burden and not turning blind eyes against people in need
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Monaboo(m): 12:06pm On Sep 13, 2023
Most Nigerians abroad are the ones making it more difficult for Nigerians back home to come.

They engage in crime, carrying drugs which spoils the image of Nigeria.

To enter USA now na serious hurdle unlike in the 90's.

UAE banned Nigeria from entering their country.

Days back, some Nigerians were fighting Police in Parkinstan.

South African's hate Nigerians.

UK is using style to close their borders to Nigeria.

I now hear there is Visa Interview now for study visa to UK which was not so in the past.

The UK people are using style not to hire Nigerians. The Nigerians there are scamming those back home by telling them to pay for COS worth 10,000 Pounds.

Why don't u hear other Africans do such abroad? Why?

I regret being a Nigerian to be honest.

A Ghanian on a Japa Telegram group I belong recently spoke about this and I couldn't even talk becos my own people dey shame me.

U need to see how this lady is helping her fellow Ghanians move to UK with COS. E be like say the lady sabi all the employers for UK.

She would always say no Nigerian should chat her up for COS becos of their bad reputation.

Who did this to us?

We are here shouting it's difficult to Japa and I laugh.

Do u know that Recruitment Agencies in USA travel down to some African countries like Kenya to hire fresh graduates in some medical fields to come and work in USA (all expense paid)? Kenya is an African country oo.

Go to the Phillipines and see how these USA Recruitment Agencies travel down there to pack their Nurses like sand and bring them to the USA. Even fresh grads o.

Dem no born USA Recruitment Agencies make dem try come do that one for Nigerians.

Why? Bad Reputation of Nigerians over there.

We can all stay here and talk from now till evening but the reality still stares at us in the face.

In a group of 10 Africans and Asians applying for work visa in a country (4 Asians and 5 Africans). If the company says they want only 9 workers and 9 Africans and Asians apply for that job with Sponsorship and only 1 Nigeria makes it up to 10. Believe they will pick all the Asians first, followed by the other Africans and drop the only Nigerian.

Just have it at the back of your mind that if u by chance get opportunity to attend a foreign virtual interview for an foreign job in USA, Canada or UK together with a South African, a Kenyan, a Zambian, a Ghanian, a Cameroonian and a Malawain, a Zimbabwian, a Gambian, all of u with equal qualification and the role requires Zero experience.

Just know they will pick every other candidates on that table and drop only you the Nigerian.

That is your reality.

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Fab21: 12:07pm On Sep 13, 2023
TheGift:
They are telling you people from experience but you won't hear. So go and see for yourself.

For those asking why they don't come back, some do, but many don't because they can't. They sold everything to Japa. There is nothing to come back to. But bills from
People who expect that they should have become multi millionaires in Naira, by now.

This is one of the reasons why people should think twice before japa.

I can't sell my house, cars, and other properties to Japa. No!

Atleast, if I've my 🏠 and car that means I'm still doing a little bit better I just need to double my hustle.

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Fearyourcreator: 12:07pm On Sep 13, 2023
SmartPolician:
This country is sooo fvcked up and there's no hope of fixing it anytime soon.

If you want to advise us not to leave Nigeria, make sure you are in Nigeria while dishing out those pieces of useless advice.
Na you no get money ...nobody dey hold anyone
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Deco7: 12:07pm On Sep 13, 2023
SeriouslySense:
It is this emm, i am so smart attitude and deceptive attitude that make people to lack trust in each other.

My dear. It's becoming an endemic and people are not seeing the lack of trust is causing problems coupled with the I'm smarter than you attitude
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Faposky95: 12:08pm On Sep 13, 2023
Deco7:

Good or silver you may not have.....
What about a pointer in the right direction....a good advice..... a useful referral.....a gift of hope.... a hug.......
How much you really get to give......?!
Nothing is too much as is too small.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Fearyourcreator: 12:08pm On Sep 13, 2023
1Sharon:

The same reason why Nigerians In big cities aren't relocating to their villages when they face hardships.

The people that truly need to japa are not the ones that are japaing.
My own is if anyone wants to Japa make them Japa...
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by SeriouslySense(m): 12:09pm On Sep 13, 2023
Exactly, why can't they see that we are responsible for our problem, each one of us, so we need to bend down at least to encourage others to bend down. smiley

It difficult to help because of the many tales, or stories, it is due to our nature, i cant imagine some people think by killing others they can gain wealth and its acceptable, what type of human being is that, or do they think people dont remember the evil things we do to ourselves.

Deco7:

My dear. It's becoming an endemic and people are not seeing the lack of trust is causing problems coupled with the I'm smarter than you attitude
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by kkins25(m): 12:09pm On Sep 13, 2023
The only thing working in Nigeria is Afro-beat and comedy. I can access those with my Phone. Team Japa!

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by FireUpNow(m): 12:09pm On Sep 13, 2023
Wealthoptulent:

lolz
abeg na only me no fit COMPRIHEND wetin OP want ? story one to $ no get link or view of his THOUGHT?
Read am again na. He is trying to tell you how those who have made it to the top and abroad don't want others to come to meet them at the top.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by chiself: 12:09pm On Sep 13, 2023
Fahvvy:

If obodo oyibo was as bad as they painted it, why haven't they returned back to their country?

You hear this alot but
If someone crossed the Sahara Desert and has been through hell over the past few months but has now reached the Mediterranean sea and a glimpse of Europe. You brother or sister now contact you saying I am embarking on the same journey as you big bro but he is advising please don't it is very dangerous. Does it make sense asking the big bro why don't you returned back home?

It is like taking the stairs on a 30 storey building. You are now on the 17th floor, you are convince there is a pot of gold on the 30th floor and you are going for it. Why will this person turn back now only to start climbing another 30 storey building? It doesn't make sense.

The advise been given is telling people not to give up and continue climbing until they reached the top, rather than start climbing another building from the first floor all the way to the top.

The only problem with the above analogy is that people in Nigeria don't think there is any thing on the 30th floor in Nigeria and so can't be bothered to continue but they are convince there is a pot of gold on the 30th floor in Pakistan, India, Europe, Canada, Kazakhstan etc.

Personally, I will advise not to give advise. People will find out themselves!

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by 12inchess: 12:10pm On Sep 13, 2023
Make una come naaa. It's very easy over here in abroad. Just sell all your properties in Nigeria and leave your Deloitte Job where you've become a Manager. You don't even need to come through legal means. Just come on visiting visa. When you get here you can easily divorce your wife and marry oyinbo. Within like 1 year you will get your papers then start as Deloitte Manager again in Dallas, Or Houston. It's not that hard. Just come. There is job and money waiting for you.There is even credit system so you have access to funds to buy whatever you want. You can take a loan to buy a 2024 model car and be paying small small. Just come. Anybody telling you otherwise is an enemy of progress.

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Deco7: 12:12pm On Sep 13, 2023
SeriouslySense:
Yes, in the Media, they keep bringing it up.

The American teenager, even deleted his social media, and threw his laptop away, but they kept threatening him, and encouraged him to commit suicide. Like taunting him to commit suicide, because of how heartless we have become.

I'm not happy the sentence was light. Those guys ought to be sentenced for life
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Terver90: 12:13pm On Sep 13, 2023
Chetas81:
only mad citizen failed to develop their motherland, those who japa, failed their contribution here in Nigeria, someone should tell us, this guy's have any tangible contribution, to the country they want to go
They have alot, but they are denied opportunities, the opportunities are given to family and friends then highest bidders.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling / Truck Plunges Into River In Kogi, Kills Seven. Photos / Taxify Driver Who Fingered A Drunk Passenger Reported

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67