Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,183 members, 7,829,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. - Food (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. (90720 Views)

See The Fish That I Bought For N800. (pic) / The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina / See The 2 Chickens I Bought For N10,500 At Omida Market, Abeokuta Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Kobojunkie: 5:22pm On Sep 14, 2023
Risingsunn:
bros, he 2as only asking a question, stop being heady nwanne.
I asked a question too...
Kobojunkie:
So, you can eat the yogurt made with this milk but you can't eat the milk itself ? Which kain school una go abeg! undecided
see! undecided
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 14, 2023
mdshell:
So God is now your hope & not the APC govt that you are celebrating about?? You need deliverance

Come and deliver me
Cuccino Royale is my choice
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Risingsunn: 5:24pm On Sep 14, 2023
The person was only asking a valid question. How many homes do you see with 25kg of milk? It's rare, most at times people who buys them use them for industrial purposes. It's in Canada and few other countries u see bags of milk everywhere.

You brought this topic here for us to learn, stop insulting us here my friend. I believe many people here have never even seen that 25kg of milk. This is an avenue for us to learn.

3 Likes

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Mustiboy(m): 5:24pm On Sep 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am happily unemployed by any company in this world. Is that a crime? undecided

No, it's not, my dear. I was just curious
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by tonididdy(m): 5:26pm On Sep 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, is the Baby food formulae made from the same milk equally baked at high heat? And the yogurt made from this same milk is also baked at high heat? Come on!! Ignorance is not bliss... as if apparent here. undecided

yes both baby food and yoghurts pass through a heating process before they are packaged and sold to you.
Even the popular tin milk brands pass through a heating process.
Raw Milk has bacterias loaded in it, if you don't heat threat it propely...babies all over the world would be seriously ill

3 Likes

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Kobojunkie: 5:28pm On Sep 14, 2023
tonididdy:
■ yes both baby food and yoghurts pass through a heating process before they are packaged and sold to you.
Now na only heating process, not high heat . Abeg stop lying and twisting facts o'jare! undecided

Unless you have definitive evidence to support your claim, all you are doing is spreading misinformation and nothing more. undecided
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Risingsunn: 5:28pm On Sep 14, 2023
hairyman:
Presently it appears to me as though it is better to go for full cream liquid milk, preferably Hollandia full cream milk in that small 120g or 190g hard paper box.
For this amount, you will purchase about 380 of the 120g pieces at 235 per piece in JustRite stores.

Filled milk has a much lower protein content. It is filled with vegetable fat and is much less nutritious than full cream milk which is basically milk only. Its taste is certainly not comparable to full cream.

You will get a good bargain with Hollandia full cream yet land a much higher nutrient content.
it depends, full cream is good for children while filled is good for adults.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by 1Sharon(f): 5:28pm On Sep 14, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

How will cattle in Nigeria produce milk? When herdsmen keep moving them very long distances from one end of the country to the other part on foot under adverse weather conditions trampling and destroying cultivated farmlands of commercial and substitence farmers? How?

They can never produce like the ones in other saner climes, because all the energy and nutrients have been unnecessarily expended.

There are designated cows that produce dairy and those that are bred for meat. The dairy cows aren't supposed to be going anywhere.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 5:29pm On Sep 14, 2023
Exodus15v11:
According to Google, that's $162.49 cad (N89,500) 😁. And it's not even real milk, or how is milk powder milk? Smh
What stops milk powder from being milk?

1 Like

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 14, 2023
BabaIbo:

Otuosoro, how far?
How far...
So what does Otuosoro mean ?
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by kiddkash(m): 5:29pm On Sep 14, 2023
Nice2023:
In 2015,this milk was sold for 28k or less than because then,we used to share it among our colleagues,and it's either I buy this one below,Lactorich or Dano.

Mathematically,it is cheaper for me and my house than buying refill at #2,200 which may only last me one day or at most two days.

So,yesterday the one I bought in early March this year got finished and I and my wife decided to buy another one that would at least last for another 5months or thereabout.

The price of this milk is now #89,500 Dano that is locally produced is #87,000.

I can see why the poor has been relegated in
Nigeria and their voices have been smashed and dimmed. Ask the man on the street about the economy,he would say,e go better as if has ever been better in this country.

If we don't put the right people in govt,the poor and the needy would continue to wallow in abject situations.

Naija my country.

My brother sells this milk for 73,000 naira in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Risingsunn: 5:29pm On Sep 14, 2023
BabaIbo:

I don't have time for fo ols like you.

Like someone already told you, just keep shut because you have no knowledge of what you're arguing over.

Another person asked "Na Kobo you dey follow argue?"
Ogbeni, meaning you don cast for the forum.

Na fun and maybe knowledge from reasonable individuals I come here come seek and not to argue with one nonen tity over what is irrelevant to me.

You can now fk off!
moderator, ban this op, he has been insulting everybody since he managed to make front page.
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Hassanmaye(m): 5:29pm On Sep 14, 2023
Nice2023:
In 2015,this milk was sold for 28k or less than because then,we used to share it among our colleagues,and it's either I buy this one below,Lactorich or Dano.

Mathematically,it is cheaper for me and my house than buying refill at #2,200 which may only last me one day or at most two days.

So,yesterday the one I bought in early March this year got finished and I and my wife decided to buy another one that would at least last for another 5months or thereabout.

Nigeria and their voices have been smashed and dimmed. Ask the man on the street about the economy,he would say,e go better as if has ever been better in this country.

If we don't put the right people in govt,the poor and the needy would continue to wallow in abject situations.

Naija my country.

Blood of Zacharia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:30pm On Sep 14, 2023
slowice:
It has never been easy for Nigerians ever. The last time we it felt noticeably good was around gej's tenure but everything went to shit after that.

Buhari was a mistake that wasn't supposed to happen ever
Earning remained same while others expenses went to the roof, this is where the problem lies. They are not ready to review it upward. The purchasing power has been severely weakened. That's why people are just borrowing money anyhow. A huge chunk of salary is now strictly spent on feeding with little or no disposable income

That party is a torn in the flesh of Nigerians. A plague
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by t2luv1: 5:31pm On Sep 14, 2023
Solari8:
That's an industrial milk not good for consumption... simple as ABC .

Another bright mind destroyed by higher education. Industrial package but still milk. get that.
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Integrafamoo: 5:31pm On Sep 14, 2023
IconicR:
Don't pity them ooo
They'll still find space to add sidechick
Have mercy on us
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by tonididdy(m): 5:31pm On Sep 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Now na only heating process, not high heat . Abeg stop lying and twisting facts o'jare! undecided

Unless you have definitive evidence to support your claim, all you are doing is spreading misinformation and nothing more. undecided

I'll say it nicely unlike the OP.
Ignorance is never an excuse to sound stupid.

2 Likes

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Fizalis(m): 5:32pm On Sep 14, 2023
[quote author=Ginaz post=125772586]how do you keep it air tight? Won't it go bad ?[/quote

Step 0ne
Scoop some milk into an air tight container for daily use. Seal the bag tightly and put into a place where air won't get in like a big paint bucket and cover.

Step two
Whenever milk finishes in the container, open the paint bucket and repeat step one.
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:32pm On Sep 14, 2023
1Sharon:

There are designated cows that produce dairy and those that are bred for meat. The dairy cows aren't supposed to be going anywhere.
Okay

1 Like

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Risingsunn: 5:32pm On Sep 14, 2023
tonididdy:

yes both baby food and yoghurts pass through a heating process before they are packaged and sold to you.
Even the popular tin milk brands pass through a heating process.
Raw Milk has bacterias loaded in it, if you don't heat threat it propely...babies all over the world would be seriously ill

correct, that is why, if you happen to drink Nono sold by those abokis not properly boiled, you go carry serious sickness. Somehow I pity abokis that drink directly from the breasts of cows. Anyway, they are somehow immune

3 Likes

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Kobojunkie: 5:34pm On Sep 14, 2023
tonididdy:
■ I'll say it nicely unlike the OP. Ignorance is never an excuse to sound stupid.
Indeed and the one sounding stupid is the one suggesting, without evidence or even citing a source, that powdered milk packaged for wholesale quantities is not fit for direct human consumption. undecided
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Bahamas95(m): 5:34pm On Sep 14, 2023
Nice2023:

Sometime he too should keep quiet...I didn't seek his opinion.
Pride will take you nowhere.

Someone just expressed himself and you started running your mouth like tap as if you're his account manager.

N89,500 milk nai you dey show off like this, I wonder wetin you for do assuming na 8million naira milk you buy. undecided

2 Likes

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Kobojunkie: 5:35pm On Sep 14, 2023
Risingsunn:
■ correct, that is why, if you happen to drink Nono sold by those abokis not properly boiled, you go carry serious sickness. Somehow I pity abokis that drink directly from the breasts of cows. Anyway, they are somehow immune
You folks go school at all? You compare Nunu packaged by Abokis to previously heat-processed and packaged powdered milk based on what? undecided

Seriously this misinformation is why Nigeria and Nigerians remain the way they are even to this day. Wake the fk up from wetin dem do una for head. undecided
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 14, 2023
Risingsunn:
But dull cream can also be good for those adults who don't have high cholesterol, right?
Sha, personally, I prefer full cream. I feel filled cream doesn't give one value for their money, since the protein in it might be low. Lol...i might be wrong, tho.
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by DrTee1(m): 5:35pm On Sep 14, 2023
nairalanda1:

I know that APC is bad. I have never voted for them

But using prices of goods to judge a government is not a good thing.

That sack of milk would have cost less than N2000 in the 1980's..if not less, and back then, the economy was just as hard as it was.

And voting PDP would not have made the milk cheaper. In all the years in power, did PDP boost local milk production? Ditto APC. Because if you want cheap milk, it starts with producing it at home

All those European countries we import milk from, the workers that process the milk and the farmers that produce the milk, the cost of production is going up over there. Prices are going up too over there.. So, cost of milk would go up, and would impact on us here.

Then there is the fact that all our governments, APC included, have not been earning us more and more dollars. Instead, na to spend dollars on import and defending the naira that is what they do. Nothing to encourage local production. Then Nigerians too....Fulans would rather continue with the inefficent method of roaming around with cows, and too few nigerians are interested in MODERN (Not archaic) dairy farming (and our state governors too no dey help matter...except to import cow from abroad, which would struggle with our weather)>

Am sure you think I am a tinubu supporter...well., Tinubu is basically like Buhari. The only thing he has done different is subsidy removal (which he may even kuku bring back), and that one was because the cash that was there to subsidisie is no longer there. Otherwise the more things change, the more they stay the same

If you want cheap milk, we got to produce it here at home. We got to even pay for the thing. But we prefer to import, and when the dairy worker in Obodo Oyinbo that we import from decides that it is time to upgrade to new car, the cost of the car would be passed on to us.

Better we vote out the APC, PDP, LP and co, and try something radically different.

This is possibly the most intelligent comment I have read here. I have a few reservations though, respectfully.

1. I think Tinubu may actually be the best Captain to steer this ship right now. He is an experienced finance person with local and international knowledge. He is also a leader of very many great men.

If his health doesn't fail him and the politicians do not sabotage him, he knows what you have written - which I also know - and would work hard to make Nigeria better than what he met. He definitely would want to leave a positive legacy, and be the National impression of what Chief Awolowo was to Western Nigeria; something Chief Obasanjo may not have successfully achieved.

2. Voting out APC/PDP/LP is only good on paper. LP was the third option people clamoured for. It turned out that it was a mere reflection of the two parties and even had ethnic and religious leaning. So it tells that Nigeria's problem may not be the political parties, but the capacity of the average Nigerian to see the bigger picture, the broader horizon. The average Nigerian doesn't understand what it means to delay gratification.

People who cannot do that, because of the decades-old lowering of education standards, and the bastardisation of educational processes coupled with large-scale examination malpractices has led to a large population with significantly lower critical thinking abilities than what would make us compete productively with the developed world.

Nigerians simply want the soft life to be able to buy the pleasures of life. Nigerians do not understand that life would be hard to as long as the value of the naira is low - exactly as you have explained. Nigerians do not understand that even when the international commodity prices are stable (they are steadily rising), prices would continue to go up in Nigeria because the value of the naira (an import-dependent currency) would continue to in comparison with the importing currency, the US Dollar.

It doesn't matter who is the president. The price of a bag of rice or sugar or milk would continue to rise for as long as Nigeria continues to be a net-importer of finished goods and services. Even if Sultan of Sokoto and Pastor Adeboye and Rev Monsignor Matthew Kukah are President, Vice President and Senate President. Even if we have 35 other Rev. Fr Alia as Governors of the States, aside Benue where the people have elected a Catholic Priest as Governor.

It is about the economics of trade. Nigeria has to IMPORT less and EXPORT more for life to be better. It is not about any radical approach besides the written.

Kind regards.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Oxfordgrade: 5:36pm On Sep 14, 2023
Nice2023:

Naija my country.

forget about the right leaders. The one ruling now, are they falling from the sky? An average Nigerian is a crook! Even if Government reverse the price of commodity like fuel now, watch it will still take Government to engage task force in the next 2month or so before they comply. Na Nigerians be Nigerians problem! As I'm typing you now no food for house. Yet I executed a little contract for one big man; only the money I used in paying the boys I mobilised to site he gave me. I finish the work since on Monday last week , but up till now he has refuse to balance me. We Nigerians we're naturally wick£d people. The rich don't care about the poor. The rich only complain when a bit of it get to him or her!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by madjune(m): 5:37pm On Sep 14, 2023
IconicR:
I did not support any previous government
I only supported Asiwaju and condemned Jonathan and Buhari
I'm not wicked not to know the plight of Nigerians but it's rather too early to give scorecard on this new administration
Let's give Asiwaju time

Then stop complaining.

Give your Asiwaju a chance. E go better naa.
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:37pm On Sep 14, 2023
Risingsunn:
correct, that is why, if you happen to drink Nono sold by those abokis not properly boiled, you go carry serious sickness. Somehow I pity abokis that drink directly from the breasts of cows. Anyway, they are somehow immune
Which immune? Have u gone to their general hospitals to see the wondrous works of diseases?

2 Likes

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by DrTee1(m): 5:37pm On Sep 14, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Earning remained same while others expenses went to the roof, this is where the problem lies. They are not ready to review it upward. The purchasing power has been severely weakened. That's why people are just borrowing money anyhow. A huge chunk of salary is now strictly spent on feeding with little or no disposable income

That party is a torn in the flesh of Nigerians. A plague

It isn't about any of the political parties. All the political parties in Nigeria are same. We don't do ideological political parties in Nigeria.

If anything, APC / PDP Governorship swapping in Edo State should teach us. We have a LP Governor in Alex Otti today, not so? No APGA Governor including PO made his State an Industrial Mecca. It isn't about the political parties.

You may have to consider my comment above.
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 14, 2023
Risingsunn:
The person was only asking a valid question. How many homes do you see with 25kg of milk? It's rare, most at times people who buys them use them for industrial purposes. It's in Canada and few other countries u see bags of milk everywhere.

You brought this topic here for us to learn, stop insulting us here my friend. I believe many people here have never even seen that 25kg of milk. This is an avenue for us to learn.

I only saw this in the warehouse when i worked in the milk company.
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by tonididdy(m): 5:38pm On Sep 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Indeed and the one sounding stupid is the one suggesting, without evidence or even citing a source, that powdered milk packaged for wholesale quantities is not fit for direct human consumption. undecided
Lol 😂 na your belle oh
Consume as you like.
I haven't said it's not milk...I said it's useless nutrition compared to the finished tin product and should not be given to kids most Esp

I compared it to kpomo meat!

2 Likes

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Kobojunkie: 5:38pm On Sep 14, 2023
Risingsunn:
Filled milk is not good for kids even though it was made and fortified for even kids?
Fat filled milk powder is obtained by blending vegetable fat with high quality skimmed milk and then spray-drying it. As consumers in developing countries continue to drive the demand for affordable dairy ingredients, they can turn to fat-filled milk powders to meet their needs. Fat-filled milk powder can be an economical substitute for whole milk powder in many different applications, including dairy drinks, yogurts, coffee, and tea whiteners.

As a dairy milk powder manufacturer, we provide different specifications to answer the unique demands of each market. These include:
Instant
Fortified with vitamins A and D
Available in 26% and 28% fat
Varying protein levels
Fat-Filled Milk

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

You Can't Eat This Food For One Week And Your Life Will Remain The Same (PHOTOS) / The Big Fish We Caught During Our Lockdown Expedition. / You Visit Your Zambian Crush And She Offers You This (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.