Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. (90736 Views)

See The Fish That I Bought For N800. (pic) / The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For โ‚ฆ100 In Dutsinma, Katsina / See The 2 Chickens I Bought For N10,500 At Omida Market, Abeokuta Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by nairalanda1(m): 4:40pm On Sep 14, 2023
1Sharon:

Why do Nigerians not like to drink fresh milk? Is powder milk cheaper or what?

To an extent we like fresh milk (ie milk direct from cow...which is why Fulani girls run a lucrative business selling it)...but the problem with fresh milk is that it might have bacteria....including a rather bad form of tuberculosis.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by donem: 4:41pm On Sep 14, 2023
tishbite42:

you shouldn't have wasted your time answering the attention-seeking dingbat
him fit be boy-boy wey oga send message
You are Mean lol @ "fit be Boy Boy wey ogar send message"
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Mustiboy(m): 4:41pm On Sep 14, 2023
Nice2023:

Do u even take milk in ur house?

What is the difference between Dano milk in bag and the the refill?

As u have them in bag is the same way u have them in refill.

Common sense is not common with poor men in Nigeria. The reason why u talk senselessly is because u don't have money. Every time when things like this happen,una go dey apply science and fictions.

I know U cant afford it for now and I don't care how u feel about it.

My only prayer is that,God should uplift all of u...because I am sure that many of u will eat poison in the name of being rich.

Hide ur face in shame jor.

Poor Advisers here and there.

You don't need all this, man.

Damn!

And to think you were the one who started the insults. Just let go please

9 Likes

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by BabaIbo: 4:42pm On Sep 14, 2023
Rayban25:

And na those kind people dey everly vex say person dey off read reciepts and hid online grin

Ah dey tell you!
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 14, 2023
IconicR:
May God ease our affairs

Family men are trying oooo
Kudos to all responsible married men out there.

It's getting scarier to even reason an average man

All men should work hard sha.
Lol...Iyaebe , you ehn. You started the comment on a sweet note, but just had to end it with your usual trademark grin
Kai...To be a man really ain't about MANhood , oh.
We will continue to work harder smarter oooh. We done hear. ,๐Ÿ˜…

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by bigtt76(f): 4:44pm On Sep 14, 2023
Hmmmmm I wonder how much maishai go de charge for a cup of tea now ๐Ÿ˜‚

Rich4god:
Things are seriously expensive in this country. People are going through a lot and there seem not be no hope on sight.

Just to make tea for one person will cost roughly 600 how much more for a family.
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by advanceDNA: 4:45pm On Sep 14, 2023
Ilochukwuka:

How do you preserve it till it finishes. Your advise is needed here

E be like say the guy nor gree answer the question or the answer got lost in the thread... ..no be u be the first person wey ask.... grin

May be the thread na lamba to form papas..... Cos the guy just dey insult everybody..

Even if I get 300billion dollars for account...I nor fit buy that milk because of how to preserve am...small air wey enter am.....the whole texture and taste don change

3 Likes

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Octopusssy(f): 4:45pm On Sep 14, 2023
Nice2023:

Leave those suffer heads.

When they can't afford anything in their lives,they will bring up science. May we not have such people as our neighbours.
Oga rest. A tiger does not announce its tigritude.

6 Likes

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by 1Sharon(f): 4:45pm On Sep 14, 2023
nairalanda1:

To an extent we like fresh milk (ie milk direct from cow...which is why Fulani girls run a lucrative business selling it)...but the problem with fresh milk is that it might have bacteria....including a rather bad form of tuberculosis.

No. Fresh milk is supposed to be pasteurised, it shouldn't have any bacteria.

So it is the same price as powdered milk?
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by UmuMuhsinah(f): 4:46pm On Sep 14, 2023
Nice2023:
In 2015,this milk was sold for 28k or less than because then,we used to share it among our colleagues,and it's either I buy this one below,Lactorich or Dano.

Mathematically,it is cheaper for me and my house than buying refill at #2,200 which may only last me one day or at most two days.

So,yesterday the one I bought in early March this year got finished and I and my wife decided to buy another one that would at least last for another 5months or thereabout.

The price of this milk is now #89,500 Dano that is locally produced is #87,000.

I can see why the poor has been relegated in
Nigeria and their voices have been smashed and dimmed. Ask the man on the street about the economy,he would say,e go better as if has ever been better in this country.

If we don't put the right people in govt,the poor and the needy would continue to wallow in abject situations.

Naija my country.

How do you preserve this?
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Tyktoker: 4:46pm On Sep 14, 2023
Food is the costliest commodity in Nigeria.
Solsix:
Pls how many una dey that I packet of refill will last for a day or two??

1 Like

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by kowema(f): 4:49pm On Sep 14, 2023
ErnestNc:

You appear to be unnecessarily arrogant. You must be so little minded to think that buying a 25kg size bag of milk is a huge achievement which puts you on a pedestal above everyone else here on this platform.

I wonder, to whose benefit and of what significance is this post, if not to inflate your already low self esteem and ego which you perceive to be attacked by a mere inquisition. There's really no point of posting such here on a public forum if you're so overly sensitive to scrutiny and void of emotional intelligence.

Comrade, you are wise.
You spoke for the lot of us that arrived the thread late.
I was beyond disgusted

5 Likes

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by TheBillyonaire: 4:51pm On Sep 14, 2023
SSpeter:
Can you please state the ingredients used in detergent that is found in powdered milk?

The source of the information I am about to post is ResearchGate. And it is a repository for peer review scientific journals. I am posting it because you ask nicely.

What is synthetic milk made out of?

Synthetic milk is not milk but an artificial imitation of natural milk with a high degree of adulteration to increase the volume of milk and thereby the profit. Main components of synthetic milk are water, pulverized detergent or soap, sodium hydroxide, vegetable oil, salt and urea.

-ii

1 Like

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Kobojunkie: 4:51pm On Sep 14, 2023
nairalanda1:
โ–  To an extent we like fresh milk (ie milk direct from cow...which is why Fulani girls run a lucrative business selling it)...but the problem with fresh milk is that it might have bacteria....including a rather bad form of tuberculosis.
Fresh milk might have bacteria and maybe TB but the foods made from the fresh milk won't? Kai! lipsrsealed
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by BabaIbo: 4:51pm On Sep 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The taste of powdered milk is not determined by how much air has circulated through the bag or something. I recently finished some powdered milk which has been sitting on the shelf for over a year or two some weeks ago, and the milk tasted just as good as it did back when it was first opened. So long as it is properly stored, it retains its taste. undecided

What the guy said is saying is rubbish! undecided

I hear you, just believe whatever you want to believe, man.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 14, 2023
@ OP, that's a good brand of milk powder. Weldone, Sir.

But...it just crossed my mind,oh...
Hehe.. this is gonna sound silly, anyways...๐Ÿ˜…
How did the ancient people manage to feed their children sufficiently? There wasn't really much high-proteinous foodstuff back then , which is vital for good growth and the rest.
Could it be that the greens or veggies they consumed as little kids was enough to do the job ? And maybe even more nutritious?
Shey they said even people like King Saul were so physically aesthetic and tall.
Lol...i know it sounds funny, but I was just thinking about these things in comparison to how we have so many GMOs that are in foods today, which claim to even give children better results. But we still have many frail-looking children all around. The quality of air self is not favourable for proper growth.

And children eat a lot. I'm sure it has been like this from the time of Babylon. Lol. Whether they ate small portions of food compared to how our children eat today, but still looked healthy and nourished.

May God meet every Father and mother out there at the point of their needs. Amen

3 Likes

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Capo75: 4:53pm On Sep 14, 2023
I just want to make a correction here that the Dano milk is not produced in Nigeria. It's only packaged in Apapa,lagos.th3 company is owned by the Lebanese man

1 Like

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Kobojunkie: 4:54pm On Sep 14, 2023
Ilochukwuka:
How do you preserve it till it finishes. Your advise is needed here
Get and use empty clean containers with tight lids. Fill them all with the milk and use them as needed. Simple! EVen one or more of those 5-gallon buckets with a lid on them will suffice. undecided

1 Like

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Kobojunkie: 4:54pm On Sep 14, 2023
BabaIbo:
โ–  I hear you, just believe whatever you want to believe, man.
Stop spreading your ignorance all over the place abeg! undecided
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by advanceDNA: 4:54pm On Sep 14, 2023
Octopusssy:

Oga rest. A tiger does not announce its tigritude.

this one resemble tiger for your eye ...

. Rich pple nor dey complain because 90k commodity....

1 Like

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Capo75: 4:54pm On Sep 14, 2023
I just want to make a correction here that the Dano milk is not produced in Nigeria. It's only packaged in Apapa,lagos.the company is owned by a Lebanese man
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by TheBillyonaire: 4:54pm On Sep 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Rubbish! Even your Canned milk wey una dey drink with abandon, not be synthetic dem go call am? Your Baby foods, biscuits, bread, etc., which you feed your kids, no be this milk dem dey take make am? Nigerians and misinformation are like Siamese twins joined at the head. undecided

I have quite a number of degrees and Industry Chemistry is one of them. So keep your mouth shut because your knowledge of this subject matter is limited.

Fact check with researchgate and other scientific peer review journals before sounding silly.

5 Likes

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by 1Sharon(f): 4:55pm On Sep 14, 2023
Eyinju112:

Thank you for saying exactly what I had in mind. What rubbish!!! The way he broke shame that other guy is a sign that heโ€™s feeling big of himself for buying an industrial milk for his home consumption. Milk that is meant for bakers to use in a single week you buy am go house Dey feed family for 5 months. Your wife go over try sha. When my mates are having fresh milk one husband carry industrial milk come house say make me and children drink for five months. I bind every poverty mindset away in my husbandโ€™s life. Amen!!! F**k it.

The same thing I asked. Why isn't fresh milk a thing in Nigeria?

If it's more expensive, I understand.
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by HardBishop: 4:55pm On Sep 14, 2023
I think the yorubas caused all this problem in this country. They all supported buhari and discarded Jonathan due to revenge. To see and analyse someone ability tactifully is a taboo to them rather they go for tribe and religion.
Now they all supported TINUBU and see the results... Well see how it goes

1 Like

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by DrFunmisticGlow: 4:56pm On Sep 14, 2023
Nice2023:
In 2015,this milk was sold for 28k or less than because then,we used to share it among our colleagues,and it's either I buy this one below,Lactorich or Dano.

Mathematically,it is cheaper for me and my house than buying refill at #2,200 which may only last me one day or at most two days.

So,yesterday the one I bought in early March this year got finished and I and my wife decided to buy another one that would at least last for another 5months or thereabout.

The price of this milk is now #89,500 Dano that is locally produced is #87,000.

I can see why the poor has been relegated in
Nigeria and their voices have been smashed and dimmed. Ask the man on the street about the economy,he would say,e go better as if has ever been better in this country.

If we don't put the right people in govt,the poor and the needy would continue to wallow in abject situations.

Naija my country.

Naija is truly messed up, but seeing you buy this milk, I have questions. Please help me clarify.

How many people are you feeding with this milk(Adults and children/elderly)?
Why does refill last 1-2days in your house?
How long will this bag last?
Are you guys drinking this milk everyday and with every meal? If so how many scoops per cup are you using?

May God enrich our pockets because my lactose intolerant, single Pringle self cannot understand.
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by BabaIbo: 4:56pm On Sep 14, 2023
PaulOtl:

Lol...Iyaebe , you ehn. You started the comment on a sweet note, but just had to end it with your usual trademark grin
Kai...To be a man really ain't about MANhood , oh.
We will continue to work harder smarter oooh. We done hear. ,๐Ÿ˜…

Otuosoro, how far?
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by BabaIbo: 4:58pm On Sep 14, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

I have quite a number of degrees and Industry Chemistry is one of them. So keep your mouth shut because your knowledge of this subject matter is limited.

Fact check with researchgate and other scientific peer review journals before sounding silly.

Leave that one alone joor, him just wan argue for argument sake.
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Kobojunkie: 4:58pm On Sep 14, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
โ–  I have quite a number of degrees and Industry Chemistry is one of them. So keep your mouth shut because your knowledge of this subject matter is limited. Fact check with researchgate and other scientific peer review journals before sounding silly.
Get away... o ni ro oshi! undecided

The Synthetic milk idea you posted about is of new ideas โ€” e never even reach market โ€” and has nothing to do with what OP posted or what most have ever even encountered.

Synthetic Milk Is Coming, And It Could Radically Shake Up Dairy
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 14, 2023
Tyktoker:
Food is the costliest commodity in Nigeria.
And commercial agro farmers the one's with the most peace of mind in the country. cheesy

They have nothing to worry about. If you one doesn't buy, one won't dont eat. They know this.
Life

1 Like

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by highchief1: 5:00pm On Sep 14, 2023
IconicR:
May God ease our affairs

Family men are trying oooo
Kudos to all responsible married men out there.

It's getting scarier to even reason an average man

All men should work hard sha.
e choke bros.I do over 120k on milk milo and golden mourn monthly.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by highchief1: 5:01pm On Sep 14, 2023
IconicR:
Don't pity them ooo
They'll still find space to add sidechick
na side chic Dey keep us going.u wonโ€™t know until u get there.
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Tyktoker: 5:01pm On Sep 14, 2023
Sure!
PaulOtl:

And commercial agro farmers the one's with the most peace of mind in the country. cheesy

They have nothing to worry about. If you one doesn't buy, one won't dont eat. They know this.
Life

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

You Can't Eat This Food For One Week And Your Life Will Remain The Same (PHOTOS) / The Big Fish We Caught During Our Lockdown Expedition. / You Visit Your Zambian Crush And She Offers You This (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.