Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,754 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It (12429 Views)

My SU Neighbour Is Olosho / How My 10-year-old Demonic House Girl Was Having Sex With My 2-year-old Son / What Would You Do If Your House-Girl Did This To Your Child? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 19, 2011
The only part of her story I don't believe is the: buying her stuffs, paying her fees, buying her jewellery e.t.c. You don't do so much for a child and then go behind her and make mockery of her weaknesses.
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by ronkebp(f): 3:56pm On Oct 19, 2011
jennykadry:

The only part of her story I don't believe is the: buying her stuffs, paying her fees, buying her jewellery e.t.c. You don't do so much for a child and then go behind her and make mockery of her weaknesses.

Am not sure she meant any harm, she was just trying to see if other people had helps that do not just want to learn ( it was a harmless post). I believe to an extent that she did all those things, only because i can do that also for whoever.
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 19, 2011
^^Honey the fact say you fit do am does not mean say the other person fit do am. You can do it, but can you also come here and open up a thread like this?

I would like to know why people open threads and call it harmless when it does not involve their own kids. I bet you Ronke, this poster would not do this to her child.
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by samtoye(m): 3:59pm On Oct 19, 2011
See hypocrisy of the highest order !!!! all you women that condemned Owu Gal are bloody hypocrites !!!! how many of you don't have underaged kids as "omo-odo"? Infact how many of you would leave a fully grown, full breasted, plump girl/lady housegirl with your husbands? Some of your parents also have those "omo-odo" too so stop playing your holier than thou attitude here. Plueeeeesssssseeeee spare me !!!!!
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by floyet(f): 3:59pm On Oct 19, 2011
@ poster, i get wat u re trying to tell us,disregard d haters and f**kin hypocites we have on NL,for u to provide her with all those luxuries,i salute u.

Mine isnt like dat but she sure does funny things,they can be appalling at times.

i think househelps are no slaves,i wonder if mine can fit back in her parents' world,having experienced cooking with a gas cooker,washing machine,microwave,air conditioner,water dispenser,name it.

OP, i also want u to know they are bloody liars,at a point, i was forced to think their memories are always wiped clean b4 being sent to us.

IT IS WELL.
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 19, 2011
@ Owu Gal: I have no idea what Omo-odo and Su Egbe mean, but from all responses I've seen here, they are derogatory terms - not good. That 14-year-old is someones daughter, sister or other loved relative.

As for you educating her, and looking after her whilst she works for you, I have no issues with that. She's a bit on the young side to be a house-help. She needs to have ample time for her studies. So, juggling time spent working, and studying are key. It is your responsibility to make sure this young girl is not treated badly, and her school work doesn't suffer as a result. So she makes mistakes, so what? It's in very poor taste to verbally abuse her, and ridicule her on a public board. You say her mom's working in the s[i]e[/i]x trade. That may be true, but that is no reason to exploit her daughter. By exploiting, I mean make her an object of jest. It's not right. You wouldn't treat your own children that way.

I also find it difficult to believe she makes such glaring mistakes. She's lived with you for nine months, more than enough time to have picked things up. If she hasn't learned much in almost a year, that's more to do with your teaching. Either that, or this young girl's resentful of you, feels you degrade her, so has decided to teach you a lesson. If you call her the names you've used here, it would hardly surprise me. I'm willing to wager, this girl's a lot smarter than you give her credit for.

Treat this girl like you would treat your own children, and I'm sure she'll reward you. Treat her badly, and you could be placing your children at risk. Money and material possession aren't everything, love, care and understanding are.

Good luck.
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by Ugobelu: 4:14pm On Oct 19, 2011
I am sure you won't bring your siblings or your own daughter for discussion in NL if they are the ones. If you are doing all you said for her y wont be a change? U don't need to parade the good things you are doing for her, it should be between u and God. Correct her the way u will to your own daughter if she is involved. It is not the poor girls fault but that of her parents that are not ready to train a child yet will not stop giving birth.
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 19, 2011
Poster the insults too much for the help sha but i think majority of the posts here must be from internet people with the way they are suprised that a 14yr old is a househelp in Nigeria.
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by ronkebp(f): 4:34pm On Oct 19, 2011
^^^^^^^^no mind them oooo, some of the men are sl, eeping with the ''said small girl'', that is too small for house work, but not too small to be toskposed.!!! wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by Samxiulee: 4:37pm On Oct 19, 2011
If anyone is in need of house maid,house keeper,drivers or a cook pls try this site WWW.DOMESTICCAREGIVER.COM is a nigerian site base in nigeria or call 018419179 or 08081755056 they don't do underage,
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 19, 2011
ronkebp:

^^^^^^^^no mind them oooo, some of the men are sl, eeping with the ''said small girl'', that is too small for house work, but not too small to be toskposed.!!! wink wink wink wink wink

I tire o, i just dey suprised.
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by coogar: 4:48pm On Oct 19, 2011
Owu gal:

I was a little taken aback by many of the Comments on here.  but maybe I should make it clear.

Her mother has  7 kids and occasionally works in the sex trade

She abandoned her at the home of the friend of a relative

I put her in private school

She has her own room which I am 100% sure is bigger and better than most people on heres master bedroom

She has more clothes and jewelry than most other 14 year old Her age

She goes on vacation with me abroad

She doesnt cook

she sweeps with a vacuum cleaner

I still wash the bathrooms

She doesnt even wash her own clothes cos I wash them with the familys in our washing machine

She has more pocket money than most of you make in salary.

I help her with her Home work everyday and attend all her PTA Meetings

For her end of term party in school she had a big Bottom cake that she shared with all the pupils in her class and from what I hear the teachers and staff too

She has a better life with me than anyone of you here had in your childhoods and I know it.

If you think Your child is better cared for than mY  OMO ODO, , then PROVE IT

you are a disgrace to the nigerian women with this bucket of crap.
"omo odo" and "suegbe" - that's supposed to make you macho, isn't it.
sorry o - stepmother of "suegbe omo-odo"

you are so ignorant!
whatever attitude that little girl has got, you are fully responsible for it. she's a child.
if you keep a dog that's spiteful and bites people every time - then you are a wicked owner.
if your omo odo is still daft(after 9 months of staying with you) - then it's a no brainer you are also daft.
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 19, 2011
coogar:

you are a disgrace to the nigerian women with this bucket of crap.
"omo odo" and "suegbe" - that's supposed to make you macho, isn't it.
sorry o - stepmother of "suegbe omo-odo"

you are so ignorant!
whatever attitude that little girl has got, you are fully responsible for it. she's a child.
if you keep a dog that's spiteful and bites people every time - then you are a wicked owner.
if your omo odo is daft - then it's a no brainer you are also daft.
kiss kiss I am single and available wink grin
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by DaDoctor: 4:53pm On Oct 19, 2011
ronkebp:

grin grin grin grin grin grin, Oh yes i do, i snore in spanish. but should not come in between me and money. wink wink wink wink

roll me your phone number. that will be faster so i deal you my i-banking details. cool cool coolBIG BOIZZZZZ
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by tlops(m): 4:57pm On Oct 19, 2011
one thing I learnt over time, "you dont criticize those you love in a public forum". why didn't the poster call her children more 'Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀d'.
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by DaDoctor: 4:59pm On Oct 19, 2011
tlops:

one thing I learnt over time, "you dont criticize those you love in a public forum". why didn't the poster call her children more 'Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀d'.

E DOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! WOMAN RIGHT ACTIVIST!!!! MWHERE U DEY WEN DEM KILL SARO WIWA? LOLLLLLLLLL
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by coogar: 5:01pm On Oct 19, 2011
jennykadry:

kiss kiss I am single and available  wink grin

the last time i proposed, you said i was too poor because of my village bicycle and a bad year of cocoa production. embarassed embarassed embarassed
i can't let you break my heart again. i am an ordinary farmer and my most prized possession is my local dog(bingo)!
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by tripleace(m): 5:18pm On Oct 19, 2011
I wise Man once said that every child is your child and you are not a success until you have been able to make a success of somebody else who is not necessary related to you.
@ Poster-With the background above stated words, where do you stand?
Wish you the best because what goes around comes around.
@ NL-Really proud to see we have people who are objective to be able to differentiate wrong from right.
God Bless You All Who Said The Right thing.
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by tripleace(m): 5:19pm On Oct 19, 2011
I wise Man once said that every child is your child and you are not a success until you have been able to make a success of somebody else who is not necessary related to you.
@ Poster-With the background above stated words, where do you stand?
Wish you the best because what goes around comes around.
@ NL-Really proud to see we have people who are objective to be able to differentiate wrong from right.
God Bless You All Who Said The Right thing.
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by 234GT(m): 5:29pm On Oct 19, 2011
WHILE I PITY THAT CHILD, I WANT TO ADVISE THAT PEOPLE SHOULD ONLY GIVE BIRTH TO THE NUMBER OF CHILDREN THEY CAN TAKE CARE OF conveniently, BUT I WONDER WHETHER THOSE WHO NEED TO BE EDUCATED ABOUT GIVING BIRTH RESPONSIBLY ARE ON THIS FORUM.
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by seyibrown(f): 5:42pm On Oct 19, 2011
. . . 'educated modern woman' employing an underage girl as omo odo, in this day and age?  Why don't you employ a grown-up woman to look after this young girl and your home? That would be a better way of showing you really care for this young girl, and that you ARE 'educated and modern' like you say you are.

Good luck, OP!
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 19, 2011
Those supporting the OP do not get it.
She opened a thread to poke fun at her househelp as a SUEGBE-a derogatory term for some one who is a failure at her /his job.
She asked if others had househelps as dumb as hers.
However when she saw the responses were going against her she came back to tell us all the wonderful things she has been doing for the d.umb girl-This was an after thought as far as I am concerned.
You can have a house help but please treat her right and don't come on a public forum to poke fun at her-simple.
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by ArQueBusieR(m): 5:53pm On Oct 19, 2011
Not my life.
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by Pennywise(m): 6:00pm On Oct 19, 2011
This is incredible. But it is also typically Nigerian.

Someone comes with an issue to discuss on what is essentially a fun internet medium. All that is reqd is that u give an opinion on the issue and move on. But others whether its a desperate bid to seek relevance or for some other obscure reason have left the message for the messenger. There may even be some resentment of the OP's social status. That too is in our nature.

For the diasporans who toil night and day thereby aging prematurely, what the OP has done is abominable, infact a capital crime. Nevermind a young girl has been given a chance for education and an opportunity to extricate her family and herself from the twin inevitable fate of prostitution and poverty. Nevermind that she has been saved from early death from readily treatable diseases the cost of which her parents cannot afford. In the UK and the US she is no body's business but the social welfare's. In Nigeria that is just another foreign concept.

Who talked abt slavery for someone who is free to get up and leave.

And why is it that some pple are prepared to undo their panties bc d girl is being made fun of like she is on NL?

OP you brought an interesting issue for discussion pls dont be discouraged by NL resident nonetities. Even though I have no contribution at this time
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by ronkebp(f): 6:02pm On Oct 19, 2011
Kai, some of una too harsh, i bet if you get worked up over things like this, i wonder what you will do inface of real things', am not saying it is right that the 'poster was making fun of the girl, ''' but common on now, we are human and we make mistakes, no need to call her names.
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by ronkebp(f): 6:04pm On Oct 19, 2011
Pennywise, they do not understand, pretenders of the highest level, as if, if the girl came at their door begging them for food and clothes, they would open their doors to her.
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by Pennywise(m): 6:07pm On Oct 19, 2011
The only mistake she made is that this is a Nigerian forum. Our hypocrisy sometimes really embarasses
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 19, 2011
Richvkunt:

Those supporting the OP do not get it.
She opened a thread to poke fun at her househelp as a SUEGBE-a derogatory term for some one who is a failure at her /his job.
She asked if others had househelps as dumb as hers.
However when she saw the responses were going against her she came back to tell us all the wonderful things she has been doing for the d.umb girl-This was an after thought as far as I am concerned.
You can have a house help but please treat her right and don't come on a public forum to poke fun at her-simple.

You are the only one that understands.

No one cares if she has a "Maid", they only have a problem with her coming online and saying trash about this girl.

You don't come online and call someone else's kid dumb and expect others to clap for you or better still see the fun in your post. WTF

What will I not see on NLD
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by coogar: 6:16pm On Oct 19, 2011
Pennywise:

This is incredible. But it is also typically Nigerian.

Someone comes with an issue to discuss on what is essentially a fun internet medium. All that is reqd is that u give an opinion on the issue and move on. But others whether its a desperate bid to seek relevance or for some other obscure reason have left the message for the messenger. There may even be some resentment of the OP's social status. That too is in our nature.

For the diasporans who toil night and day thereby aging prematurely, what the OP has done is abominable, infact a capital crime. Nevermind a young girl has been given a chance for education and an opportunity to extricate her family and herself from the twin inevitable fate of prostitution and poverty. Nevermind that she has been saved from early death from readily treatable diseases the cost of which her parents cannot afford. In the UK and the US she is no body's business but the social welfare's. In Nigeria that is just another foreign concept.

Who talked abt slavery for someone who is free to get up and leave.
And why is it that some pple are prepared to undo their panties bc d girl is being made fun of like she is on NL?
OP you brought an interesting issue for discussion pls dont be discouraged by NL resident nonetities. Even though I have no contribution at this time

so ridiculing her housemaid by calling her suegbe is the way to discuss issues?
how about wording the title of the thread more appropriately? if this little girl is your sister, would you let anyone refer to her as suegbe on a public forum? i don't care about the number of louis vuitton bags she has bought for the poor girl but calling a 14-yr old suegbe reeks of the slave-driver mentality.

i am afraid, the op is an utter mor[i]o[/i]n!
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 19, 2011
Owu gal:

jENNY YOU HAVE A LOT OF WORK TO DO ON YOURSELF. JEALOUSY NO GO KILL YOU

WTH. Just saw this. shocked shocked . What do you have that I should be jealous of? a husband that cheats on your sorry arse or the husband that beats the living daylight out of your already black skin? Seriously what do you have? a brother inlaw that eats like malu or a young girl you call omo odo? undecided

I would really love to know what you've got that would make me jealous? and whilst you are at it let me sef go and chop my own portion of beating but in this case I call it Spanking from my oga wink
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 19, 2011
The worst thing is the title she gave the thread;IS YOUR OMO_ODO(HOUSE GIRL)MORE SU EGBE THAN MINE?PROVE IT![color=#990000][/color]

The" Prove it"- Shows she delibrately set out to run the girl down and only came back to tell us the wonderful things she is doing for the girl when she saw the trend of the replies.
The OP has serious personality issues.
Re: Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It by Pennywise(m): 6:21pm On Oct 19, 2011
The OP appears quite comfortable. You can only fool some pple abt your social background and standing on this forum, certainly not every one.

If the househelp leaves willingly there will be 100 others who will gladly take her place for the security and comfort her home provides. There is no reason she should feel bad bc she is doing humanity a lot of good.

There are threads on this forum where a lot of us discussed the awful thing we and siblings did as children. But this thread has taken on a special meaning bc the person in question is a house help. It seems to me that it is a very poor excuse to attack an innocent person. And bc there are so many 'malu' on NL it is easy for the herd mentality to take effect

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Married Men Paranoid About Undrawn Curtains And Undressed Wives / My Hubby Is A Nymphomaniac, Please Help / Nairaland Christmas Giveaway By Twaci (2021 Edition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.