Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,965 members, 7,835,219 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid (64002 Views)

Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders / Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church / Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by gassbee: 8:33pm On Sep 22, 2023
Go and cut those dirty rags on ur head and get set for the ministry , dey play
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by sallazlee(m): 8:35pm On Sep 22, 2023
Nonexisting:
Your opening statement got me rolling on the floor. Hehehe. Even the bible writers contradict themselves sometimes yet we read and assimilate everything. Imagine the nonsense Solomon wrote about sucking breast of maidens and people call it "the word of the Lord."

Laughhhhh
Solomon sucking breast ahhhhh
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by tollyboy5(m): 8:37pm On Sep 22, 2023
Ever8090:
For your mind now you too don talk something,...

No be only Islam...

You must learn byforce emeku my guy. cool cool

The religious affiliation of the Israeli population as of 2022 was 73.6% Jewish, 18.1% Muslim, 1.9% Christian, and 1.6% Druze. The remaining 4.8% included faiths such as Samaritanism and Baháʼí, as well as "religiously unclassified".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Israel
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by tollyboy5(m): 8:41pm On Sep 22, 2023
Nonexisting:
Paul wrote to specific people and their specific challenges, nothing harmonious about his so called letters. If Paul is to write to Nigeria today, I'm sure he will not write about hellfire since we are already in one.
Guy you're on point. That your meme got me laughing.. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by SIRTee15: 8:41pm On Sep 22, 2023
tollyboy5:
grin

I keep saying that many people will just open the bible and read the opinions of Paul when he was writing letters to different churches and now want to enforce Paul letters as the standard of Christianity.
Paul was not even amongst those that were with Christ and understood all what Christ was about. People like peter, James etc. Paul was an apostle like Barnabas and need validation from the disciples of Christ.
Any time you want to see a pastor or anyone cap about the bible they will quickly open to one of the books written by Paul.

Many people don't know that the Hebrew or Jewish religious practice is nothing similar or close to Christianity, its even closer to Islam than christian.

Without data I'm very sure an Israeli can easily switch to practice Islam compared to practicing Christianity.

So when a Jew switch to Islam, will he start bowing to the black stone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Truths9ja: 8:42pm On Sep 22, 2023
IbnB:

Joke is on the dumb flock of sheeple...serves the all right for leaving their brains at home whenever it's time for church
lol
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by tophempire: 8:44pm On Sep 22, 2023
Wait oooh... So when Jesus you worship was living he was a jew and practised Judaism abi? Then after he died for claiming to be king in rome where there was a king and governor, then the Romans invented Christianity and shoved it down our throats abi.

Paul claimed he was in the wilderness for 3 and half years receiving revelations from Jesus abi

The whole scripture was inspired by the holy spirit abi

Some white idiots brought to you a mare book and said it's God's words and you believe abi

The book say Paul was arrested by Jesus and you believe abi

Paul and Silas was miraculously saved from prison and you believe abi

JUST CONTINUE TO DE CONFUSE YOURSELF 😂😂😂

YOU DE BELIEVE THE PART WEY SUIT YOUR BAIS AND YOU WAN CRUCIFY WHO NO HOLD SAME BAIS.

tollyboy5:
grin

I keep saying that many people will just open the bible and read the opinions of Paul when he was writing letters to different churches and now want to enforce Paul letters as the standard of Christianity.
Paul was not even amongst those that were with Christ and understood all what Christ was about. People like peter, James etc. Paul was an apostle like Barnabas and need validation from the disciples of Christ.
Any time you want to see a pastor or anyone cap about the bible they will quickly open to one of the books written by Paul.

Many people don't know that the Hebrew or Jewish religious practice is nothing similar or close to Christianity, its even closer to Islam than christian.

Without data I'm very sure an Israeli can easily switch to practice Islam compared to practicing Christianity.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Teeklef(m): 8:45pm On Sep 22, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
As far as Christianity is concerned, wearing dreads or tattoo is not a sin. However, as he matures in the Faith, he'll begin to see reasons to do away with them & to maintain a more modest appearance.
Tatto is a sin..... Read your leviticus 19 vs 28.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by tollyboy5(m): 8:46pm On Sep 22, 2023
thinkmoney:

Paul dey bible na.

No allow that agenda of hell that tries to separate Paul’s teaching from the rest of the Bible. Paul’s teachings are actually harmonious with the rest of the teachings in the Bible.
And I wasn’t even going to quote Paul though he as very good argument and authority on the issue
People quote Paul's letter with ignorance that why i don't want people to start there. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by SIRTee15: 8:48pm On Sep 22, 2023
tollyboy5:

You must learn byforce emeku my guy. cool cool

The Muslims in Israel are arabs who didn't relocate during the establishment of state of Israel in 1948.
Jews are likely to convert to Christianity than pagan Islam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by nomolos92: 8:48pm On Sep 22, 2023
tollyboy5:
grin

Most of the things different sects of Muslims practice today are not in the Quran but Hadiths which are basically "somebody said Muhammad said or somebody said Muhammad did" so they are both sides of the same coin.

If you don't take time to read about Islam you won't know how vile and deceptive it is. grin grin

Jews can easily switch to practice Islam? Dey play 😹😹
Muslims hate Jews

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by tophempire: 8:49pm On Sep 22, 2023
We have over 400 religion in the world. WHO SAID CHRISTIANITY IS THE RIGHT ONE SHOULD COME AND PROVE WHY THE OTHERS ARE FALSE.

AND YOU MUST COME PROVE IT USING THE HOLY BOOKS AND MANTRA OR DOGMA OF THAT OTHER RELIGIONS YOU WANT TO PROVE ITS FALSE✅

I HAVE 4K TO DASH YOU IF YOU CAN PROVE THAT AT LEAST 30 RELIGION ARE FALSE
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by BJanta: 8:49pm On Sep 22, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
As far as Christianity is concerned, wearing dreads or tattoo is not a sin. However, as he matures in the Faith, he'll begin to see reasons to do away with them & to maintain a more modest appearance.

So ,you would put the eternal fate of souls under the spiritual leadership of someone who is just attaining to 'mature " in faith?

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by GanagiBitrus: 8:49pm On Sep 22, 2023
DIVINEEVIDENCE:

So the G.O. is currently not matured in the faith?
Who then ordained him above all other senior pastors in the congregation?

Is this playing?

There are levels to Christian Maturity & non is perfect.
As regards his ordination, Pastoral Seniority was not the criterion.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by absoluteSuccess: 8:51pm On Sep 22, 2023
tollyboy5:
grin

A learned Jew will not practice Islam for the same reason he would not practice Christianity, except you just says those things for their own sake.

Arguably, the original Allah do have 3 daughters (Al-Uzzah, Al-mannath and Alat). That's the original Allah known to the Qureish people before the advent of Islam.

That's quite different from the Hebrew concepts of Yahweh. Thanks to prophet Muhammad, he's the one who took the Qureish from that transition to a childless Allah, via Surat Al-Iklas.

You can study more about this using ancient tafsirs on Surat Al-Najim, especially 19-21 verse of the chapter. That said, there's sharp contrast of the identities of both people's deities.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by tollyboy5(m): 8:52pm On Sep 22, 2023
almarthins:

Switch to slam?

The same religion that commanded that Jews should be killed.

Let's not go forget that the bible can be read or interpreted upside down.
cool cool

The religious affiliation of the Israeli population as of 2022 was 73.6% Jewish, 18.1% Muslim, 1.9% Christian, and 1.6% Druze. The remaining 4.8% included faiths such as Samaritanism and Baháʼí, as well as "religiously unclassified".

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Deco7: 8:53pm On Sep 22, 2023
tophempire:
Wait oooh... So when Jesus you worship was living he was a jew and practised Judaism abi? Then after he died for claiming to be king in rome where there was a king and governor, then the Romans invented Christianity and shoved it down our throats abi.

Paul claimed he was in the wilderness for 3 and half years receiving revelations from Jesus abi

The whole scripture was inspired by the holy spirit abi

Some white idiots brought to you a mare book and said it's God's words and you believe abi

The book say Paul was arrested by Jesus and you believe abi

Paul and Silas was miraculously saved from prison and you believe abi

JUST CONTINUE TO DE CONFUSE YOURSELF 😂😂😂

YOU DE BELIEVE THE PART WEY SUIT YOUR BAIS AND YOU WAN CRUCIFY WHO NO HOLD SAME BAIS.

You better don't let yourself die in this manner. You will hate Hell. Always quick to scorn things they have little knowledge about like demons

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Nobaga500(m): 8:53pm On Sep 22, 2023
cool OK
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by TruthHurts1(m): 8:54pm On Sep 22, 2023
Your lack of intelligence is disturbing, because even MOOhamad plagiarized from Paul and the Tafseer of the Mufasirun who interpret the koran refers to Paul as a messenger of Allah. Would you like me to educate you further?

[quote author=tollyboy5 post=125960099] grin

That's funny because moohamad the "prophet" of Islam actually said that the closest to MOOslims were actually Christians. Unfortunately for him however, Christians didn't have any time to waste on him and his "religion"

In Surah 5:82 of the Un-holy koran, moohamad told his followers that the closest to his beloved MOOslims are Christians. You can read it for yourself:

You will surely find the most intense of the people in animosity toward the believers to be the Jews and you will find the nearest of them in affection to the believers those who say, "We are Christians." That is because among them are priests and monks and because they are not arrogant.

[quote]Many people don't know that the Hebrew or Jewish religious practice is nothing similar or close to Christianity, its even closer to Islam than christian.

You mean the Islam which calls Jews pigs and monkeys and tells mooslims that it is their duty to wage war on Jews? Like I said, your ignorance is overwhelming.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Deco7: 8:55pm On Sep 22, 2023
tophempire:
We have over 400 religion in the world. WHO SAID CHRISTIANITY IS THE RIGHT ONE SHOULD COME AND PROVE WHY THE OTHERS ARE FALSE.

AND YOU MUST COME PROVE IT USING THE HOLY BOOKS AND MANTRA OR DOGMA OF THAT OTHER RELIGIONS YOU WANT TO PROVE ITS FALSE✅

I HAVE 4K TO DASH YOU IF YOU CAN PROVE THAT AT LEAST 30 RELIGION ARE FALSE

You will end up in the flames with this pride. I can give you 4k and still prove Christ out of 2,000 religions but I won't. Don't go and find salvation. Stay online doing the works of the devil and push yourself to hell fire. It's you that will beat the consequences of your action yourself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by tollyboy5(m): 8:56pm On Sep 22, 2023
SIRTee15:

The Muslims in Israel are arabs who didn't relocate during the establishment of state of Israel in 1948.
Says who? what qualifies someone has arab? the palestine and jews are same dna.

Who are Palestinians genetically related to?
Jews
Archaeologic and genetic data support that both Jews and Palestinians came from the ancient Canaanites, who extensively mixed with Egyptians, Mesopotamian, and Anatolian peoples in ancient times. Thus, Palestinian-Jewish rivalry is based in cultural and religious, but not in genetic, differences.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11543891/
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by tophempire: 8:56pm On Sep 22, 2023
SIRTee15:

If Islam is Pagan then what is Christianity

See eeh, if you were born in India what do you think your religion will be? What of Pakistan, what of China, what of Israel, what of Bangladesh, what of Amazon, what of Egypt, what of ancient Babylon, the Benin kingdom before those idiots came to fool us to steal from us

You wey for de pound baby for sacrifice abi even de cook dem chop😂😂😂😂
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by GanagiBitrus: 8:58pm On Sep 22, 2023
Teeklef:

Tatto is a sin..... Read your leviticus 19 vs 28.
That's Judaism not Christianity. Show me in the teachings of Christ or the New Testament where Tattoo is a sin.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by tophempire: 8:58pm On Sep 22, 2023
Deco7:

You will end up in the flames with this pride. I can give you 4k and still prove Christ out of 2,000 religions but I won't. Don't go and find salvation. Stay online doing the works of the devil and push yourself to hell fire. It's you that will beat the consequences of your action yourself

Do you have prove that hell exist

Where is it, and who has gone there and make documentation that made you believe it is real.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by tragergeorge(m): 8:59pm On Sep 22, 2023
DIVINEEVIDENCE:
We wear suits and ties to work not because we love them above our jeans and sneakers, but because it is appropriate for the formal work environment.

People must encounter and interact with our dressing and appearance before interacting with us on a spiritual, emotional or psychological level.

There are kingly robes and presidential demeanor. To carry oneself unseemly without recourse to the office one occupies is the very apogee of puerility.

A G.O. who looks the part of a ruffian and sees no reason to moderate his appearance to compliment his spiritual (if any) impartation to his congregation is a ticking sh*t bomb.

I simply hope the church has not mistakenly cast their pearls to swine.

All in all, I see this church splintering very soon.
Mark my words.
for your mind you making Sense....
You don attend Church for Yankee...
No wonder they keep decieving you guys with church..
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by RussellRutherfo: 8:59pm On Sep 22, 2023
tollyboy5:
grin

You just dey. Become inspired to write all these nonsense. You try.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by VULCAN(m): 8:59pm On Sep 22, 2023
Your last sentence is laughable.

Why people on Nairaland love to speak on topics they know nothing about will never cease to amaze me.

A Jew will switch to Islam before Christianity.

Hahahaha

Have Muslims ever stopped trying to wipe Israel off the world map?

Dummies everywhere!

Mtscheww

tollyboy5:
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Princeton92(m): 8:59pm On Sep 22, 2023
Christianity is quite simple but na we dey pad am with plenty protocols cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by tollyboy5(m): 9:00pm On Sep 22, 2023
TruthHurts1:
Your lack of intelligence is disturbing, because even MOOhamad plagiarized from Paul and the Tafseer of the Mufasirun who interpret the koran refers to Paul as a messenger of Allah. Would you like me to educate you further?

Go and asked Israeli why they're comfortable with Islam more compared to christianity despite conflict with Arabs.

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by gift01: 9:01pm On Sep 22, 2023
Is this what has become of the fruit of Pastor Taiwo and Bimbo Odukoya? Lord; have mercy cry
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Deco7: 9:01pm On Sep 22, 2023
tophempire:

Do you have prove that hell exist

Where is it, and who has gone there and make documentation that made you believe it is real.

Where I've personally had experience. My dear don't repent. Wait, five minutes after death, you will see where you will be. I won't prove anything to you.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Okoroawusa: 9:02pm On Sep 22, 2023
Wait...Is this guy Odukoya's son? I know him as an actor nah.

Well, I wish him the best in the family business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) / Testimony Of How A Herbalist Who Tried To Kill Me Died Instead Of Me / Download Gospel Mixtape By Dj D-david – Worship Intro 2017 Mix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.