Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,073 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid (63832 Views)

Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders / Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church / Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by tollyboy5(m): 9:02pm On Sep 22, 2023
VULCAN:
Your last sentence is laughable.

Why people on Nairaland love to speak on topics they know nothing about will never cease to amaze me.

A Jew will switch to Islam before Christianity.

Hahahaha

Have Muslims ever stopped trying to wipe Israel off the world map?

Dummies everywhere!

Mtscheww

Not my stat. Go and ask Israeli why they're comfortable with Islam more despite conflict with Arabs. Same Israelis more comfortable with an Arabian compared to black man.

The religious affiliation of the Israeli population as of 2022 was 73.6% Jewish, 18.1% Muslim, 1.9% Christian, and 1.6% Druze. The remaining 4.8% included faiths such as Samaritanism and Baháʼí, as well as "religiously unclassified".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Israel
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by bizzibodi(m): 9:03pm On Sep 22, 2023
He must be his only spoilt son,he must have grown up in America,d father thought he was training d son well.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by RussellRutherfo: 9:04pm On Sep 22, 2023
Nonexisting:
Your opening statement got me rolling on the floor. Hehehe. Even the bible writers contradict themselves sometimes yet we read and assimilate everything. Imagine the nonsense Solomon wrote about sucking breast of maidens and people call it "the word of the Lord."

Head slamming kaaba pagan&pedo prophet follower don drop rubbish wey zakir Nair, zoo islamic doctor teach am.

grin
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Nolevel666: 9:05pm On Sep 22, 2023
DIVINEEVIDENCE:
We wear suits and ties to work not because we love them above our jeans and sneakers, but because it is appropriate for the formal work environment.

People must encounter and interact with our dressing and appearance before interacting with us on a spiritual, emotional or psychological level.

There are kingly robes and presidential demeanor. To carry oneself unseemly without recourse to the office one occupies is the very apogee of puerility.

A G.O. who looks the part of a ruffian and sees no reason to moderate his appearance to compliment his spiritual (if any) impartation to his congregation is a ticking sh*t bomb.

I simply hope the church has not mistakenly cast their pearls to swine.

All in all, I see this church splintering very soon.
Mark my words.

My own prophecy is many youths will flood his church soon.
Mark my words!
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by TruthHurts1(m): 9:05pm On Sep 22, 2023
Islam is the religion of black stone worshippers. They bow down to a black stone 5 times a day.

tophempire:

If Islam is Pagan then what is Christianity

See eeh, if you were born in India what do you think your religion will be? What of Pakistan, what of China, what of Israel, what of Bangladesh, what of Amazon, what of Egypt, what of ancient Babylon, the Benin kingdom before those idiots came to fool us to steal from us

You wey for de pound baby for sacrifice abi even de cook dem chop😂😂😂😂
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Teeklef(m): 9:05pm On Sep 22, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

That's Judaism not Christianity. Show me in the teachings of Christ or the New Testament where Tattoo is a sin.
Smile!!! O tida👍
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by realsportclub7: 9:06pm On Sep 22, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
As far as Christianity is concerned, wearing dreads or tattoo is not a sin. However, as he matures in the Faith, he'll begin to see reasons to do away with them & to maintain a more modest appearance.
The bible outrightly condemns tattoo.
Clearly stated
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by TruthHurts1(m): 9:06pm On Sep 22, 2023
Then why are Arabs crying every day about the discrimination they face in Israel?

tollyboy5:

Not my stat. Go and ask Israeli why they're comfortable with Islam more despite conflict with Arabs. Same Israelis more comfortable with an Arabian compared to black man.

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by GanagiBitrus: 9:07pm On Sep 22, 2023
BJanta:

So ,you would put the eternal fate of souls under the spiritual leadership of someone who is just attaining to 'mature " in faith?
Christianity is a personal race anchored on your relationship with God through Christ. No one's fate is in a Pastor's hands.
I'm not defending his ordination, but God can use him mightily if he is willing & available.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Emma1Oj(m): 9:07pm On Sep 22, 2023
Truths9ja:
Wow he spoke well here
pls waht did he say?

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Jocdon(m): 9:07pm On Sep 22, 2023
tollyboy5:
grin

I keep saying that many people will just open the bible and read the opinions of Paul when he was writing letters to different churches and now want to enforce Paul letters as the standard of Christianity.
Paul was not even amongst those that were with Christ and understood all what Christ was about. People like peter, James etc. Paul was an apostle like Barnabas and need validation from the disciples of Christ.
Any time you want to see a pastor or anyone cap about the bible they will quickly open to one of the books written by Paul.

Many people don't know that the Hebrew or Jewish religious practice is nothing similar or close to Christianity, its even closer to Islam than christian.

Without data I'm very sure an Israeli can easily switch to practice Islam compared to practicing Christianity.
You dont know anything about Christianity, you are a bunkum.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by RussellRutherfo: 9:07pm On Sep 22, 2023
thinkmoney:

Paul dey bible na.

No allow that agenda of hell that tries to separate Paul’s teaching from the rest of the Bible. Paul’s teachings are actually harmonious with the rest of the teachings in the Bible.
And I wasn’t even going to quote Paul though he as very good argument and authority on the issue

Don't mind those abduls of that satanic Arab pedo prophet. The way they hate Paul who was better a million times than their child molesting prophet is alarming.

Paul was a disciple of Christ and one of the greatest Jesus gave us. Paul's intelligence is light years ahead of that their buffoon desert thief kaaba thief prophet.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by LoveJesus87(m): 9:08pm On Sep 22, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
cry

What about the tattoos.
he has tattoos?? shocked
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Thomasankara(m): 9:08pm On Sep 22, 2023
[/color]this guy is practising Judaism not Christianity[color=#770077]
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by realsportclub7: 9:09pm On Sep 22, 2023
tollyboy5:
grin

I keep saying that many people will just open the bible and read the opinions of Paul when he was writing letters to different churches and now want to enforce Paul letters as the standard of Christianity.
Paul was not even amongst those that were with Christ and understood all what Christ was about. People like peter, James etc. Paul was an apostle like Barnabas and need validation from the disciples of Christ.
Any time you want to see a pastor or anyone cap about the bible they will quickly open to one of the books written by Paul.

Many people don't know that the Hebrew or Jewish religious practice is nothing similar or close to Christianity, its even closer to Islam than christian.

Without data I'm very sure an Israeli can easily switch to practice Islam compared to practicing Christianity.

Wow
Really?

If you say Paul letter can't guide a Christian
You're indirectly saying the bible cannot guide a Christian.
Paul's letter you just disdain is what makes the bible.

Well, I don't even know if you believe the bible because I only hear statement like this only from my Muslim friends

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Kemadealadire(f): 9:10pm On Sep 22, 2023
God knows those who are HIS.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by CEOKmotors: 9:10pm On Sep 22, 2023
tollyboy5:
grin

Alaye you're capping rubbish. Gen z never liked Apostle Paul's instructions because it's against their immoralities.

Show me where in d bible Jesus' disciples spoke contrary to Paul's teachings.

If Paul was just saying nonsense as you said, God would have corrected him as he did to Peter in a vision asking him to eat an unclean meat. When Peter was condemning the gentile man or so.

These men saw Christ face to face, you wey never even receive holy spirit dey form I too know. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Thomasankara(m): 9:11pm On Sep 22, 2023
[/color]this guy is practising Judaism not Christianity, soonest e go marry second wife and say but Aaron, Abraham and Moses had more than one wife🤣🤣🤣🤣Make una bookmark this comment, in the next 15 years e go happen[color=#770077][color=#770077][/color]
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by TruthHurts1(m): 9:11pm On Sep 22, 2023
You didn't answer my question. Why does the koran in Surah 5:82 say that Christians are the closest to MOOslims while Jews hate MOOslims? Let me refresh your memory again:

Surah 5:82

You will surely find the most intense of the people in animosity toward the believers to be the Jews and you will find the nearest of them in affection to the believers those who say, "We are Christians." That is because among them are priests and monks and because they are not arrogant.

Are you saying that Allah and MOOhaMAD are liars and the koran cannot be trusted?

tollyboy5:

Go and asked Israeli why they're comfortable with Islam more compared to christianity despite conflict with Arabs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by RussellRutherfo: 9:11pm On Sep 22, 2023
Sunnyski:

Paul was an apostle of Christ because he saw Christ face to face. 1 Corinthians 9:1

You don't have to open your mouth waa and cap carelessly.
You need to see a doctor asap cos you have a brain drain.

He is a headslamming kaaba pagan.

They hate Saint Paul with such satanic passion but Saint Paul was a disciple of Jesus and was light years in all aspects of life even down to intelligence than their child abusing desert false prophet Muhammad.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by tophempire: 9:12pm On Sep 22, 2023
Deco7:

You better don't let yourself die in this manner. You will hate Hell. Always quick to scorn things they have little knowledge about like demons

LET ME ASK YOU THIS....

SOME FICTIONAL AVATAR WAS INVENTED BY THE ROMANS. YOU CLAIM HE IS YOUR SAVIOUR. NOW THIS JESUS WHO WAS BORN OF A WOMAN THAT GOT PREGNANT BY A SPIRIT. AND WAS BROUGHT DOWN TO EGYPT AND THEN DISAPEAR FOR OVER 20YRS AND THEN START DOING MIRACLE AT AGE 30, THREE YEARS LATER HE DIED AND WENT TO HELL AND RELEASE ALL THE SOULS THAT WAS KEPT IN HELL FROM ADAM AND THOSE SOULS WALKED AND DISCUSSED WITH THE LIVING AND ALL THIS IN ISRAEL OOH. THEN NO SINGLE PERSON COULD KEEP RECORD OF THOSE EVENTS, I NO TALK OF THE ONE WEY BROS JEE LET GOD SPEAK FROM HEAVEN SAYING THIS IS MY BELOVED SON BLABLABLA. IF YOU WERE THERE WONT YOU RECORD THAT EVENT DOWN

WHY WAS IT ONLY 4 FRIENDS OF THE JESUS YOUR SAVIOUR THAT HAD PEN AND PAPER TO WRITE IT😂😂😂
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Kaytixy: 9:12pm On Sep 22, 2023
What of the tattoo? Even your defense for earrings is weak. Leviticus 19:28 is clearly against tattoo.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Weathered: 9:15pm On Sep 22, 2023
tollyboy5:
grin

keeping deceiving yourself woke Christian

3 Likes

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Deco7: 9:16pm On Sep 22, 2023
tophempire:

LET ME ASK YOU THIS....

SOME FICTIONAL AVATAR WAS INVENTED BY THE ROMANS. YOU CLAIM HE IS YOUR SAVIOUR. NOW THIS JESUS WHO WAS BORN OF A WOMAN THAT GOT PREGNANT BY A SPIRIT. AND WAS BROUGHT DOWN TO EGYPT AND THEN DISAPEAR FOR OVER 20YRS AND THEN START DOING MIRACLE AT AGE 30, THREE YEARS LATER HE DIED AND WENT TO HELL AND RELEASE ALL THE SOULS THAT WAS KEPT IN HELL FROM ADAM AND THOSE SOULS WALKED AND DISCUSSED WITH THE LIVING AND ALL THIS IN ISRAEL OOH. THEN NO SINGLE PERSON COULD KEEP RECORD OF THOSE EVENTS, I NO TALK OF THE ONE WEY BROS JEE LET GOD SPEAK FROM HEAVEN SAYING THIS IS MY BELOVED SON BLABLABLA. IF YOU WERE THERE WONT YOU RECORD THAT EVENT DOWN

WHY WAS IT ONLY 4 FRIENDS OF THE JESUS YOUR SAVIOUR THAT HAD PEN AND PAPER TO WRITE IT😂😂😂

Five minutes after death, I will reply you in the after life. Safe journey to your destination. Your eyes will see it. Everyone will believe God and Christ, it's just a matter of when. For so many, it would be after death
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Thomasankara(m): 9:17pm On Sep 22, 2023
[/color]if this one dey do deliverance,ol boy na to quickly fall o, if not ur neck go break😳Indaboski level[color=#770077]
Iagos:
Bad guy pastor.

Rebrand Christianity jor
Nothing do you.

See him chest. D guy don gym die
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Thomasankara(m): 9:18pm On Sep 22, 2023
[/color]oil dey ya head👍[color=#770077]
Exodus15v11:
The dreads are not bad but his are fake, so that's where the problem is for me. And the earrings are also a no-no. A male Pastor has no business wearing earrings. Nah, take them out. All these worldly Pastors these days, smh. If you want to be a thug, you're in the wrong profession, bruh.

Rest in heavenly peace, Dr.Charles Stanley 🕊. This is the only Pastor I'll forever listen to. A true man of God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Thomasankara(m): 9:19pm On Sep 22, 2023
[/color]gays also marry[color=#770077]
spencekat:
He is married with two children.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Thunderstorm22: 9:23pm On Sep 22, 2023
Truths9ja:
Wow he spoke well here

Na people wey dey go your church e concern.

Shey I go pay Tithe to this one too🥲
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by kiddkash(m): 9:23pm On Sep 22, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
As far as Christianity is concerned, wearing dreads or tattoo is not a sin. However, as he matures in the Faith, he'll begin to see reasons to do away with them & to maintain a more modest appearance.
Dread isn't, tattoo is. Check the book of Leviticus 17,18,19
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Sprints3: 9:23pm On Sep 22, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
cry

What about the tattoos.
do not tatoo the dead that is what the scriptures says e dey book of Leviticus... Well not a party to dreads that is cup of tea he is an adult... Now me too can walk naked in the street and back am up with genesis say Adam and eve were also naked b4 their eyes where opened by Satan.. Now I have closed my eyes.. Can I know walk naked in peace... Very soon people will back up say it is cool to steal from your brother Jacob stole Esau' blessing.. Nonsense backing

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Drbarmes(m): 9:24pm On Sep 22, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Hun! wetin he even sabi sef? A nollywood actor always fond of grabbing women in their butts suddenly turned pastor. I wonder what christendom is turning into. Work of God no be wasa oo. It's much more deeper than acting. If you're not truly called, don't go there. You face a lot of attacks spiritually. The devil will tempt you with lusts, covetousness and greed. Once you fall like this, l'obatan. Your church becomes a shadow of itself.

The way some denominations are turning Christianity into family affairs nowadays is worrisome. Once the owner dies, his child or wife automatically replaces him. Were all those congregations won for them by God their own? What of their donations? Why not pick one pastor amongst them to succeed the owner?I pity those attending such churches. Jesus Christ is enough as the example. Christianity is a religion and not business empire as many have taken it to be.

I wonder why most of these founders and their families didn't emulate Pa Akindayomi, the founder of RCCG who allowed the Holy spirit to pick his successor.

I pray for this young man not to fall. It won't be funny at all. See him comparing long hair with dreads grin. Na wah oo.
Religion is bisiness. Christianity is a way of life

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by stickle(m): 9:24pm On Sep 22, 2023
tollyboy5:
grin

Well done but please resist the temptation of seeing bible as the opinion of the writer.

2Timothy 3:16 ' all scriptures are given by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

"She Lured Him Into Sex And This Happened" / Prophecies for 2017 by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. / Foluke Adeboye Made Puff-Puff For #EndSARS Protesters (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.