Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,680 members, 7,831,108 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid (63952 Views)

Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders / Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church / Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by TruthHurts1(m): 10:20pm On Sep 22, 2023
Paul was the apostle to the Gentiles. After the Jews rejected Christ their Messiah, Scripture said that the rejected message of salvation would be accepted by the Gentiles in large numbers. As the Apostle to the Gentiles, Paul was responsible for the existence of many of the Churches established outside of the nation of Israel, particularly in Rome, Corinthians, Thessalonica etc. So it makes sense that Paul has a large influence on the Church because that is how God wanted it.

airsaylongcome:

tolly,

But you know Apostle Paul "cornered" the New Testament na. And most of today's Christianity is based on New Testament Apostle P's writings.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by tollyboy5(m): 10:24pm On Sep 22, 2023
SIRTee15:

Arabs are related to Ashkenazi Jews that came from Europe...the present occupier of modern israel.
Is that what u saying?
Too many jokers here...do u even understand how DNA works for genetic studies.
Don't talk like you're the master of all knowledge. I focused on Palestine.
Now read the "historical analysis".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_the_Palestinians
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by tophempire: 10:25pm On Sep 22, 2023
Deco7:

Sorry. It will be too late by then. Anyways, good luck on your trip to the abyss

And which trip are you on?
I understand you think your religion is superior, that's the same way others think of their religion. But not for people like me who do not subscribe to any religion
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Expanse2020(m): 10:26pm On Sep 22, 2023
tollyboy5:
grin

I keep saying that many people will just open the bible and read the opinions of Paul when he was writing letters to different churches and now want to enforce Paul letters as the standard of Christianity.
Paul was not even amongst those that were with Christ and understood all what Christ was about. People like peter, James etc. Paul was an apostle like Barnabas and need validation from the disciples of Christ.
Any time you want to see a pastor or anyone cap about the bible they will quickly open to one of the books written by P

Many people don't know that the Hebrew or Jewish religious practice is nothing similar or close to Christianity, its even closer to Islam than christian.

Without data I'm very sure an Israeli can easily switch to practice Islam compared to practicing Christianity.
You nail it.. Paul vandalized the religion by written and splitting nonsense without seeing Jesus and gullible are following him
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by tollyboy5(m): 10:27pm On Sep 22, 2023
airsaylongcome:

tolly,

But you know Apostle Paul "cornered" the New Testament na. And most of today's Christianity is based on New Testament Apostle P's writings.
There are a lot of books, but those were the selected once that makes the present day bible.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by tophempire: 10:33pm On Sep 22, 2023
All over the new testament you can see prints of the roman empire everywhere. All your churches today originated from the ROMAN CATHOLIC, the life of Jesus and Titus Flavian are parallel to each other. Jesus birthday is not in December, Christianity was used as a political tool to control the masses. Till today that's all it is.

Nazareth was not even in existence during the period the said Jesus was born.

The Bible has greatly been corrupt and edited so how is it God's word.

The same pope from the Catholic are now wedding same sex. And there is a plot to make God become transgender. WHO DE FOOL WHO
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Georgejeez: 10:36pm On Sep 22, 2023
Deco7:

You will end up in the flames with this pride. I can give you 4k and still prove Christ out of 2,000 religions but I won't. Don't go and find salvation. Stay online doing the works of the devil and push yourself to hell fire. It's you that will beat the consequences of your action yourself

Don't be fooled , there's no Hell fire anywhere ,,, emancipate yourself from religious slavery
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by bukatyne(f): 10:37pm On Sep 22, 2023
NoToPile:
God knows those who are worshipping him, those who worship him know themselves.

There are some churches I can NEVER step into. The kind of teaching you listen to matters a lot.

Christains should watch and pray. There are somethings you know as a christain are not right.

We are in the end times ooo, be ye not deceived.

Let me shun vawlence tonight and just quote you. cheesy

It is well.

God be with the leadership and the members of FOLC.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Expanse2020(m): 10:37pm On Sep 22, 2023
Sunnyski:

Paul was an apostle of Christ because he saw Christ face to face. 1 Corinthians 9:1

You don't have to open your mouth waa and cap carelessly.
You need to see a doctor asap cos you have a brain drain.
maybe you should do ur research more Paul didn't see or meet Jesus
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by greypencils: 10:38pm On Sep 22, 2023
Very soon churches in Nigeria will defend LGBTQ and quote the Bible in their defence. 'Judge not so that you won't be judged, Jesus was friends with tax collectors and sinners and so on'. The twisting of the bible has started with prosperity preachers who only take one theme of the bible and harp on it, teachings on prosperity-leadership-relationships,the exact things people want to hear. Not for once would you hear sermons on holiness, purity and the second coming of Christ. LGBTQ is the next theme to worm its way into church. And it will. The Nigerian church is that lukewarm and mixed with the world, you can't tell the difference.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Smartguyboy(m): 10:41pm On Sep 22, 2023
tollyboy5:
grin

I keep saying that many people will just open the bible and read the opinions of Paul when he was writing letters to different churches and now want to enforce Paul letters as the standard of Christianity.
Paul was not even amongst those that were with Christ and understood all what Christ was about. People like peter, James etc. Paul was an apostle like Barnabas and need validation from the disciples of Christ.
Any time you want to see a pastor or anyone cap about the bible they will quickly open to one of the books written by Paul.

Many people don't know that the Hebrew or Jewish religious practice is nothing similar or close to Christianity, its even closer to Islam than christian.

Without data I'm very sure an Israeli can easily switch to practice Islam compared to practicing Christianity.
They have more Muslims in Israel than Christians

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Smartguyboy(m): 10:42pm On Sep 22, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Hun! wetin he even sabi sef? A nollywood actor always fond of grabbing women in their butts suddenly turned pastor. I wonder what christendom is turning into. Work of God no be wasa oo. It's much more deeper than acting. If you're not truly called, don't go there. You face a lot of attacks spiritually. The devil will tempt you with lusts, covetousness and greed. Once you fall like this, l'obatan. Your church becomes a shadow of itself.

The way some denominations are turning Christianity into family affairs nowadays is worrisome. Once the owner dies, his child or wife automatically replaces him. Were all those congregations won for them by God their own? What of their donations? Why not pick one pastor amongst them to succeed the owner?I pity those attending such churches. Jesus Christ is enough as the example. Christianity is a religion and not business empire as many have taken it to be.

I wonder why most of these founders and their families didn't emulate Pa Akindayomi, the founder of RCCG who allowed the Holy spirit to pick his successor.

I pray for this young man not to fall. It won't be funny at all. See him comparing long hair with dreads grin. Na wah oo.

Family business they don’t want another person to step in .
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by GanagiBitrus: 10:46pm On Sep 22, 2023
kiddkash:

1 Corinthians 11 vs 14
So how long must your hair grow to qualify as sin? 1 or 2 or 3inches...?
Look, those were prevalent traditions of men then, & has absolutely nothing to do with spirituality & salvation.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by seeme2(f): 10:52pm On Sep 22, 2023
He shouldn't have granted this interview. My respect for him dropped no cap. He should have just laughed about it and move to next question. Evidently this pastor na still baby. Gen Z don become GO finally.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Expanse2020(m): 10:57pm On Sep 22, 2023
SIRTee15:

So when a Jew switch to Islam, will he start bowing to the black stone.
Just like Jesus bow and pray to God
Matthew 26:39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed
🤣🤣
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Yemoad: 11:16pm On Sep 22, 2023
You need to seek God, for the salvation of your life,I pray the same Jesus that met Saul on his way when he was going will encounter you and your genuine salvation will be establish in Jesus mighty name, amen.
Truths9ja:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNyoPWYfGBY?si=kwBMJ3-jHvDcL5rB

Pastor Jimmy Odukoya defends his decision for dreading his hair and wearing jewelries

Video credit: bbcnewspidgin
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Vitally123: 11:19pm On Sep 22, 2023
Even the devil quotes the Bible. Is his name Samson or was he born a Nazarite. He wants to have radical looks as well as be a pastor, two of them can't work together.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Sunnyski: 11:19pm On Sep 22, 2023
Expanse2020:
maybe you should do ur research more Paul didn't see or meet Jesus

Are you so dumb that you cannot read and understand 1 Corinthians 9:1?
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by flokii: 11:25pm On Sep 22, 2023
Most churches have turned business ventures.. just like family owned businesses, once the owner dies, the son takes over regardless of the life history or qualities.

The junior Odukoya should defend his worldly lifestyle jare.. sheepies will always be sheepies, church go full and magas go still pay.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Segun91: 11:28pm On Sep 22, 2023
Hmmm by their fruits we shall know them
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Expanse2020(m): 11:36pm On Sep 22, 2023
[quote author=absoluteSuccess post=125961091]

A learned Jew will not practice Islam for the same reason he would not practice Christianity, except you just says those things for their own sake.

Arguably, the original Allah do have 3 daughters (Al-Uzzah, Al-mannath and Alat). That's the original Allah known to the Qureish people before the advent of Islam.
Quran verses to explain
21. What! for you the male sex, and for Him,
the female?
22Behold, such would be indeed a division most unfair!
23These are nothing but names which ye have devised,- ye and your fathers,- for which Allah has sent down no authority (whatever). They follow nothing but conjecture and what their own souls desire!- Even though there has already come to them Guidance from their Lord!
Bro you need to do research what the ayat was talking about is that the pagan worship latt,uzzah and mannat (but this people innitially they are good people living in taif a village beside makkah when they are alive they do good deeds then when they dead people always remembered them sat at their garden on under the tree talk about them.the generation after them build thier scripture and create shrine and started calling them God,
(Quran verse 21. What! for you the male sex, and for Him, )
the female? Son and Daughters of God like Xtians does.
So then Quran was reveal that Muhammad S.A.W. tell them they are decieved themselves (verse 22 Behold, such would be indeed a division most unfair!)
They are nothing but the Names they invented themselves or among them.
(Verse 23 These are nothing but names which ye have devised,- ye and your fathers,- for which Allah has sent down no authority (whatever). They follow nothing but conjecture and what their own souls desire!- Even though there has already come to them Guidance from their Lord! )
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Kingosytex(m): 11:36pm On Sep 22, 2023
Nolevel666:

My own prophecy is many youths will flood his church soon.
Mark my words!

I must definitely visit the church anytime I step into Nigeria.

This pastor is bold and energetic.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Georgejeez: 11:43pm On Sep 22, 2023
tophempire:

LET ME ASK YOU THIS....

SOME FICTIONAL AVATAR WAS INVENTED BY THE ROMANS. YOU CLAIM HE IS YOUR SAVIOUR. NOW THIS JESUS WHO WAS BORN OF A WOMAN THAT GOT PREGNANT BY A SPIRIT. AND WAS BROUGHT DOWN TO EGYPT AND THEN DISAPEAR FOR OVER 20YRS AND THEN START DOING MIRACLE AT AGE 30, THREE YEARS LATER HE DIED AND WENT TO HELL AND RELEASE ALL THE SOULS THAT WAS KEPT IN HELL FROM ADAM AND THOSE SOULS WALKED AND DISCUSSED WITH THE LIVING AND ALL THIS IN ISRAEL OOH. THEN NO SINGLE PERSON COULD KEEP RECORD OF THOSE EVENTS, I NO TALK OF THE ONE WEY BROS JEE LET GOD SPEAK FROM HEAVEN SAYING THIS IS MY BELOVED SON BLABLABLA. IF YOU WERE THERE WONT YOU RECORD THAT EVENT DOWN

WHY WAS IT ONLY 4 FRIENDS OF THE JESUS YOUR SAVIOUR THAT HAD PEN AND PAPER TO WRITE IT😂😂😂

And even their reports were conflicting , one said he was whisked straightway to Egypt to avoid Herod's massacre , another version said his parents stayed put and dedicated him in the Temple where they met Simeon who will not die until he has seen the Messiah ( This version completely forgot about the massacre of the Judean boys )

One version said he was crucified on a cross , another said he was hung on a tree .

So many Contradictions and conflicting stories , when you ask questions, brainwashed sheeples will immediately threaten you with Hell fire 🔥 ..

For one to be a good Christian , he or she needs to suspend their brains and rational thinking.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Georgejeez: 11:50pm On Sep 22, 2023
Deco7:

Sorry. It will be too late by then. Anyways, good luck on your trip to the abyss
Please change that your name from Deco to maybe Maguire or Onana ,,, Deco was an intelligent player , don't associate his name with religious foolishness ...
Abyss ko , Abas ni
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by InvertedHammer: 11:50pm On Sep 22, 2023
/
There is nothing to defend. He is an heir to a business empire. Anyone who fails to see it that way is at liberty to continue wailing and complaining. It is all business.

/
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Expanse2020(m): 11:56pm On Sep 22, 2023
realsportclub7:

Wow
Really?

If you say Paul letter can't guide a Christian
You're indirectly saying the bible cannot guide a Christian.
Paul's letter you just disdain is what makes the bible.

Well, I don't even know if you believe the bible because I only hear statement like this only from my Muslim friends
Bro The bible cannot guide the earth because the bible is curropt.THE BIBLE CONFIRMED IT FOR YOU AS FOLLOW
JEREMIAH 8 8🤣🤣🤣SHAKING MY HEAD FOR XTIANS WEY NO THEY READ BIBLE
KJV
8 How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us? Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the pen of the scribes is in vain.
ESV
8 "How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes has made it into a lie.
NLT
8 “‘How can you say, “We are wise because we have the word of the LORD,” when your teachers have twisted it by writing lies?
MSG
8 "'How can you say, "We know the score. We're the proud owners of God's revelation"? Look where it's gotten you - stuck in illusion. Your religion experts have taken you for a ride!
CSB
8 How can you claim: We are wise; the law of the Lord is with us? In fact, the lying pen of scribes has produced falsehood
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by phemmyfour: 12:04am On Sep 23, 2023
tollyboy5:
grin

Any time you want to see a pastor or anyone cap about the bible they will quickly open to one of the books written by Paul.

Ignorance dey worry you

If Paul was wrong, Holy ghost and other Apostles were there to correct him. Instead, it was Paul that corrected Peter. Without Paul the gospel wouldn't have gotten to the gentiles.

Only a hypocrite will discard Paul letters yet believed in the Holy spirit
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Expanse2020(m): 12:06am On Sep 23, 2023
CEOKmotors:

Alaye you're capping rubbish. Gen z never liked Apostle Paul's instructions because it's against their immoralities.

Show me where in d bible Jesus' disciples spoke contrary to Paul's teachings.

If Paul was just saying nonsense as you said, God would have corrected him as he did to Peter in a vision asking him to eat an unclean meat. When Peter was condemning the gentile man or so.

These men saw Christ face to face, you wey never even receive holy spirit dey form I too know. undecided
Alaye no be rubbish na u no read Bible

Acts 21:26-32
26 So Paul went to the Temple the next day with the other men. They had already started the purification ritual, so he publicly announced the date when their vows would end and sacrifices would be offered for each of them. 27 The seven days were almost ended when some Jews from the province of Asia saw Paul in the Temple and roused a mob against him. They grabbed him, 28 yelling, “Men of Israel, help us! This is the man who preaches against our people everywhere and tells everybody to disobey the Jewish laws. He speaks against the Temple—and even defiles this holy place by bringing in Gentiles.” 29 (For earlier that day they had seen him in the city with Trophimus, a Gentile from Ephesus, and they assumed Paul had taken him into the Templ
30 The whole city was rocked by these accusations, and a great riot followed. Paul was grabbed and dragged out of the Temple, and immediately the gates were closed behind him. 31 As they were trying to kill him, word reached the commander of the Roman regiment that all Jerusalem was in an uproar. 32 He immediately called out his soldiers and officers and ran down among the crowd. When the mob saw the commander and the troops coming, they stopped beating Paul.
🤣🤣🤣Bible na wayo
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by SIRTee15: 12:06am On Sep 23, 2023
Expanse2020:

Just like Jesus bow and pray to God
Matthew 26:39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed
🤣🤣

Jesus prayed to God not to a graven image or a stone.
My question remain valid. Will a Jew convert to Islam who is aware of this command from God go to Mecca bow to the black stone, circle round it multiple times and then kiss it.

Leviticus 26:1
‘You shall not make for yourselves idols, nor shall you set up for yourselves an image or a sacred pillar, nor shall you place a sacred stone in your land to bow down to it; for I am the Lord your God.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by brighly: 12:07am On Sep 23, 2023
His replies is shallow and does not shows a deep understanding of consecration which is required for everyone who is called to be a priest. Also using the children of Israel as an example shows that he doesn't even have a deep knowledge of scripture. If he does he will know that the. children of Israel he was using as example never knew God, infact most of them perish in the wilderness because they don't know God. The fact something is in the Bible doesn't necessary mean it is right and approved of the Holy Spirit. Many of the character in the Bible do not know God, and what was written is for our learning. The Holy Spirit is the ultimate teacher and he will teach you all things.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Vision101(m): 12:07am On Sep 23, 2023
@1Sharon
Where is in the bible that dreads are a sin?

@me
Apostle of "where in the bible"....where in the bible is it approved that a GO should look like a ruffian?

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by BENEAMATA: 12:08am On Sep 23, 2023
Pastor dey wear earring ? ! When will the practitioners of monotheism realise knowledge is key , not applying ones wisdom to justify one's act . God made it clear as night and day in the book of moses when he said both opposite sex shouldn't dress up like the other . But no , let's just throw that out because , of course , new testament . God help us all .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) / Testimony Of How A Herbalist Who Tried To Kill Me Died Instead Of Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.