Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,282 members, 7,829,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? (2966 Views)

'will God Destroy The Earth Again With Fire; Is The World Ever Going To End? / King Kong Movie Reveals Flat Earth with Firmament (dome) / Bride-To-Be Swept Away By Flood In Anambra Catholic Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by correctguy101(m): 11:38pm On Sep 27, 2023
Aemmyjah:
Nobody
I repeat, nobody can prove there was never a global flood in man's history
Let's not forget that our earth is 70% water and most regions are on ice and note that the height of the mountains we see today was not the same as 4000 years ago... Mountains 'grow' and that is why the height of Everest and others keeps changing (Update yourself)... The Bible never said Noah went around looking for animals and it never said that all the animals came into the ark... It only said males and females of selected kinds of animals in 2s or 7s

The only issue is the events leading to the flood and the supernatural power
While many people, including atheists now agree that there was a global flood especially by confirming how widespread the story is across cultures and legend but, they say it is just an accident with no supernatural cause attached to it.

How do we know that it was God that brought about the flood?
Primarily, cos the Bible says so and the Koran supports that

Let's now leave Bible, if all life were wiped out, there would never be any human or animals today (evolutionists should take note).

That a family was spared in a global, catastrophic event that even the waters covered the highest mountains could not have been by chance but a miracle... Even animals were saved too, most of which were land animals and can't live on or in water. Could they have survived by chance? Even if they were able, we know that such a devastating flood covering all the mountains (shells and skeletons of sea animals give evidence to that), would not just come and disappear in one day. It will take several weeks or months... Even if this human family and animals were able to survive the flood somehow, they would also need to survive by eating and drinking... Such kind of flood would have destroyed all the trees and vegetations and all the water would likely be salt water which is not good for drinking. It only increases your thirst and you'll die more from thirst than from hunger...

Logically, the human family must have known that the flood was coming, they couldn't have flown into space to hide for all that period or hidden in any cave. They must have built an enclosure with outlet(s) for light and air and they must have packed in enough food for themselves and the animals for weeks or months.. This leads to another question? How did they know or what or who could have guided them? It could not have been chance but a supernatural source helping them to be well prepared and such a vessel must have been well-constructed spanning years and decades... Like Max said, it is a miracle cos such rains could have destroyed the ark too but God saved it

Now, the above is a good example of critical thinking and that is how I read and study my Bible... I ask deep questions too and do research. It is always like a jigsaw puzzle and I share with my Christian friends to strengthen them. An overly pessimistic critical thinking like the ones that atheists and Bible critics adopt is not a characteristic of intelligence. Besides, they don't belive that there's anything like truth or that truth is absolute but relative. Let them keep deceiving themselves...

I just used this small logic to present my points to everyone's understanding

I am Emmanuel
One of Jehovah's Witnesses
In Max voice, May you have peace cheesy

Gbam...

Even The Lost Book of Enki confirms that there truly was a flood... shocked

Only that Noah's name wasn't Noah but Ziusudra or something like that.
And ...
Only that the book admits that they whom the early earthlings call gods were present live on earth at that time and they were only aware of the coming flood but ignorant of the cause... also it claims that...

Only seedlings and genetical materials were adviced to be shipped and stored...

And..

That even after the flood, they, the so-called gods were shocked to find an earthling whom they've once banished at another far off locale, hale and hearty.. So their initial conjecture that the flood was a Earth wide calamity was erroneous.

Now, that's just all the Book of Enki and it's been real long I read the confusing accounts... I seriously don't bother with any account these days. Too lazy now.. cheesy

One thing though is for sure..

Civilizations (no matter how primitive they may seem compared to today)have always come and gone on this Mother Planet. As long as She continues to retain the capacity to sustain life, the Forces will always find a way to let life sprout on Her again. Unless this Planet loses that capacity, life will always find its way here and it's the same everywhere else (wherever that else may be) wink

So what's the biggie about arguing if God did it or not? God can still deem us all unfit or the next stage of evolution and eliminate us all, maybe replaced by a better long surviving specie. After all, we ourselves were a replacement for some other community of species along the way. Total extinction .. Nothing bad there if you ask me.. ..grin

The workings of our reality are wonderous and magical.

No Supernatural, just Natural but with an ill-informed and clueless Observer.. wink

1 Like

Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by kingxsamz(m): 11:59pm On Sep 27, 2023
Aemmyjah:

14 billion animals grin angry

🤷🏾‍♂️
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:31am On Sep 28, 2023
Aemmyjah:

The very last 'thing' that God created was the woman
God blessed Noah and his family amd the animals to go and multiply right?

Right!
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by tophempire: 5:10am On Sep 28, 2023
Aemmyjah:

See who is calling me boy
If your IQ tells you that it was just one or 2 goat that existed in that entire world, it's your IQ na

Forget it, other sensible people reading it will understanding.

So according to your holy literature text now, let me explain it because you just believe things and not think for yourself.

If there were 10 million elephants on earth then, depending on how your god sees it, if an elephant is a clean animal, 7 will be squeezed into the boat, but if it isn't clean, 2 will be allowed to go in. Those in the boat now multiply.

Do now see that you seeing a goat today means their ancestors 😂😂😂 was saved by your boat god
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:00am On Sep 28, 2023
tophempire:

So according to your holy literature text now, let me explain it because you just believe things and not think for yourself.

If there were 10 million elephants on earth then, depending on how your god sees it, if an elephant is a clean animal, 7 will be squeezed into the boat, but if it isn't clean, 2 will be allowed to go in. Those in the boat now multiply.

Do now see that you seeing a goat today means their ancestors 😂😂😂 was saved by your boat god

Minus the Bible account, the story of a global Deluge spans across all traditions amd legends about a global flood saving a human family and some animals
Keep showing ignorance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:02am On Sep 28, 2023
tophempire:

You and your stupid imagination
Any idea about how you came up with such assumption of something that happened 4000 years ago?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by LordReed(m): 8:22am On Sep 28, 2023
EMILO2STAY:
master confusionist. you cant confuse me. if animals die in water dey rotten ,even if they get fossilized its only the bone that is affected. but the fossil records show skin details even eye, scales of fish, feather details of birds with great precision an indication there were quickly buried alive. whales cannot be fossilized in action while swimming in the ocean unless a situation like that of noahs flood proportion occurs.. the whale skeleton and other deep sea creatures found on mountain tops goes a long way to prove that once upon a time that part of the mountain was covered by huge volume of water and the animals where trapped atop the mountain as the waters receeded simple. this proves the bible true because it says that every mountain was covered as a result of noahs floods.

so go sit down find something else to do

You were already confused so I'm not to blame. LoLz.

Show me one example of a fossilized fish or whale with soft tissue that was found on a mountain.
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by LordReed(m): 8:23am On Sep 28, 2023
EMILO2STAY:
not the way it is found in the fossil records. the animals that appear in the fossil records are caught in action while alive.

Show us one example of such a fossil.
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by LordReed(m): 8:29am On Sep 28, 2023
Aemmyjah:

😂
Amd that supports what's you've been saying in your first comment about the fossils?
Still on the Bible narrative

1. The billions of preserved organisms found in the fossil record can only be explained by a catastrophic event like a global flood. It gives a conclusion that the rapid burial and sedimentation caused the organisms to fossilize quickly before they had a chance to decompose or be scavenged.

2. The vast distribution of fossils around the world, including ocean-dwelling organisms on mountaintops, suggests that they were transported and deposited there by a massive flood.
Only a global flood could explain the presence of marine fossils in high altitude locations.

Specific patterns in the fossil record indicate global rather than local flood events. They focus on the presence of multiple layers of fossils found in geological formations worldwide, suggesting sequential flooding events happening over a short period. The order of fossils found in these layers supports the idea that organisms were buried by water during the flood, with simpler life forms at the bottom and complex ones higher up.

The wide variety of fossils found in the rock layers can be explained by the catastrophic nature of the flood. They believe that the flood caused major disruption and rearrangement of ecosystems, resulting in rapid and widespread extinction events. Perhaps, the relatively sudden appearance of a large number of new species after the flood indicates that surviving populations rapidly diversified to fill ecological niches left vacant by the extinct organisms.

It's not only Sea creatures that we have their fossils but even land animals too. Many were found with food in their mouth amd stomach... What does that teach you? Like the Mammoth

Science is dynamic... They keep changing
You can accept what they say would happen 14 billions years ago but an event that is so widespread across everywhere you see humans is what you will blindly ignore... Blind atheist

LoLz. I showed you exactly what you asked but instead of engaging you ran to a different thing.

Now it's your turn show me an example of a sea creature fossil found on a mountain that is younger than the mountain formation and show us an example of a fossil found with food in its stomach.
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by tophempire: 8:36am On Sep 28, 2023
Aemmyjah:

You and your stupid imagination
Any idea about how you came up with such assumption of something that happened 4000 years ago?

This is a prove that you are dumb probably because your brain is at the alter in your church.

You read something the starts with "If" and you still went on to think I'm saying there were 10 million elephants. How do you even know the event was over 4000 years ago seff. tongue
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by tophempire: 8:37am On Sep 28, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Minus the Bible account, the story of a global Deluge spans across all traditions amd legends about a global flood saving a human family and some animals
Keep showing ignorance

Another one 😂😂😂😂😂
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:50am On Sep 28, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Keep showing ignorance

Ọmọlúàbí simply means Ọmọ tí Lúà (Noah) bí!

At a point in time God's wrath came upon all the inhabitants of the earth and only Noah's family was spared, ever since then Yorùbá always refer to anyone with exemplary character as Ọmọlúàbí!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by LordReed(m): 9:00am On Sep 28, 2023
EMILO2STAY:
wetin this one de talk? there are over 150 cultures world wide with a legendry tale of a world wide flood and in this legendary stories only 8people survived in a boat . this goes to show you that these people are aware of such because this stories and legends where passed down to them from ancestors who witnessed it or were born immediately after the flood.

scientific observation and test have proven that fossilization cannot happend unless water is involved, the rapid burial of animals some while eating, some while giving birth as discovered in the fossile records have shown that they where buried rapidly by a fast moving water.

flavius josephus the Jewish historian wrote of the noah ark still sitting in mount Ararat in Turkey. he wrote of how the wood was still been scrapped of the ark before it was fully fossilized.

so you can see that history ,archeology, paleontology and science all confirms the flood as true. forget about the nonsense your talking about proffesor in nsuka.

LoLz. Why is that you can never substantiate the nonsense you spew. If the global flood is a history ,archeology, paleontology fact then it should be taught in school curriculum shouldn't it? So how come no competent university is teaching it in its history ,archeology, paleontology curriculums? Nonsense upon nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by KnownUnknown: 10:57am On Sep 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

YES!
NONSENSE that has successfully erased the making, buying, selling and usage of weapons in the hearts of millions across the globe when intellectuals from all the earth have tried so many ideas just to make people think of peace, they introduced OLYMPIC, FIFA and so on just to make people feel that we are all one human race yet all have failed as members of all these ORGANIZATIONS are still fighting and killing themselves but one ORGANIZATION successfully did it making all their members throughout the earth (including those from the most racist nations) erased wars in their hearts.
Ọmọ you're 300% right, it's NONSENSE! grin

YES!
PACIFISTS that has successfully erased the making, buying, selling and usage of weapons in the hearts of millions across the globe when intellectuals from all the earth have tried so many ideas just to make people think of peace, they introduced OLYMPIC, FIFA and so on just to make people feel that we are all one human race yet all have failed as members of all these JEHOVAH WITNESSES are still fighting, raping, and sweeping it under the rug themselves but they are just one ORGANIZATION successfully running a cult and did it making all their members throughout the earth (including those from the most racist nations) erased wars in their hearts while servitude and rape are rampant amongst them.
Ọmọ you're 600% right, it's NONSENSE! grin

1 Like

Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:04am On Sep 28, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz. Why is that you can never substantiate the nonsense you spew. If the global flood is a history ,archeology, paleontology fact then it should be taught in school curriculum shouldn't it? So how come no competent university is teaching it in its history ,archeology, paleontology curriculums? Nonsense upon nonsense.
what do you mean substantiate? do you have sense? do you need a lecturer to teach you something your common sense, logic and reality confirms? . is it not the same professor in university that has been teaching people the Darwinian evolutions without substantiating it with any evidence what soever. instead their attempt at faking it with the piltdown man and the peking man was exposed by steven j gould.

go and do small research before engaging me in any discussion or argument. you no reach
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:18am On Sep 28, 2023
LordReed:

Show us one example of such a fossil.
you have no line of defence or proof now you want me to teach you. lol simply google. " fossil showing animals eating or giving birth" a see the substance in what I am saying. As the pictures I tried uploading refused uploading

You should be ashamed of your self for typing nonsense.
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:52am On Sep 28, 2023
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by KnownUnknown: 11:59am On Sep 28, 2023
EMILO2STAY:

You should consider it a luxury that I indulge you.
https://theweek.com/speedreads/578738/paleontologists-discover-whale-fossil-mountain

https://www.forestrynepal.org/mysterious-discovery-of-dead-whale-in-himalayan-mountains-raises-questions-and-debate/

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/1432014/bible-great-flood-genesis-marine-fossils-fish-mount-everest-himalayan-noah-ark-spt

Hmmmm, are you sure you want to use those particular links? They don’t claim that magic sky man is the reason.
Noah probably lived 4 million years ago and this whale was killed by Ham and Japheth in order to get whale oil for lamps.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/578738/paleontologists-discover-whale-fossil-mountain

Paleontologists made an unexpected discovery in a very unexpected location when they unearthed a nearly intact whale skeleton well above sea level. The shifting tectonic plates and earthquakes had moved a whale once fossilized on the seafloor to the top of a mountain in Scotts Valley in Santa Cruz, California, over the course of the 4 million years since the whale's demise.
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:13pm On Sep 28, 2023
KnownUnknown:

while servitude and rape are rampant amongst them.

RAPE is RAMPANT only among just one group and their molestation acts has never ever affected those who aren't members of that group.

Haba! Is this how low your IQ is? cheesy

How would you feel if all the terrorist groups on this planet are just like Jehovah's Witnesses doing what you call EVIL only among their own members without affecting those outside their group?

Just imagine that whatever is called terror in this world is only heard but not seen nor affect those who aren't members of other religions neither can you point out one incident in your own neighbourhood?

Ọmọ lies are easy to unravel if you're willing! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by EMILO2STAY(m): 12:18pm On Sep 28, 2023
KnownUnknown:

Hmmmm, are you sure you want to use those particular links? They don’t claim that magic sky man is the reason.
Noah probably lived 4 million years ago and this whale was killed by Ham and Japheth in order to get whale oil for lamps.

Paleontologists made an unexpected discovery in a very unexpected location when they unearthed a nearly intact whale skeleton well above sea level. The shifting tectonic plates and earthquakes had moved a whale once fossilized on the seafloor to the top of a mountain in Scotts Valley in Santa Cruz, California, over the course of the 4 million years since the whale's demise.
forget the propaganda of mountains rising from the sea they are pushing. Use your head. the so called montain rising is said to take many years to occur. A whale cannot die in the water and be fully fossilized and intacked . Fossilization of such nature happens rapidly and fast while the animal is alive. If a whale dies in the water they float the next day and are mostly torn apark by sharks and other sea creatures.this leaves no room for intack and complete body fossilazation, After which it decays and disintegrates to different parts of the ocean.

The link is to prove my point that sea creatures are found fossilized intact on mountain tops
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by KnownUnknown: 12:23pm On Sep 28, 2023
EMILO2STAY:
forget the propaganda of mountains rising from the sea they are pushing. Use your head. the so called montain rising is said to take many years to occur. A whale cannot die in the water and be fully fossilized and intacked . Fossilization of such nature happens rapidly and fast while the animal is alive. If a whale dies in the water they float the next day and are mostly torn apark by sharks and other sea creatures.this leaves no room for intack and complete body fossilazation, After which it decays and disintegrates to different parts of the ocean.

The link is to prove my point that sea creatures are found fossilized intact on mountain tops

Noah probably lived 4 million years ago and this whale was killed by Ham and Japheth in order to get whale oil for lamps. Then the whale was intacked.
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by LordReed(m): 12:23pm On Sep 28, 2023
EMILO2STAY:
what do you mean substantiate? do you have sense? do you need a lecturer to teach you something your common sense, logic and reality confirms? . is it not the same professor in university that has been teaching people the Darwinian evolutions without substantiating it with any evidence what soever. instead their attempt at faking it with the piltdown man and the peking man was exposed by steven j gould.

go and do small research before engaging me in any discussion or argument. you no reach

LMFAO!. Oh so the professors are not teaching this so called fact in history, archeology, paleontology so where is fact, in your backyard? Bwahahahahahaha!
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by KnownUnknown: 12:25pm On Sep 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

RAPE is RAMPANT only among just one group and their molestation acts has never ever affected those who aren't members of that group.

How would you feel if all the terrorist groups on this planet are just like Jehovah's Witnesses doing what you call EVIL only among their own members without affecting those outside their group?

Just imagine that whatever is called terror in this world is only heard but not seen nor affect those who aren't members of other religions neither can you point out one incident in your own neighbourhood?

RAPE is RAMPANT among Jehovah Witness members, luckily their molestation acts has never ever affected those who aren't members of that group.

How would you feel if all the cults on this planet like Jehovah's Witnesses doing what you call EVIL only among their own members without affecting those outside their group?

Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by LordReed(m): 12:25pm On Sep 28, 2023
EMILO2STAY:
you have no line of defence or proof now you want me to teach you. lol simply google. " fossil showing animals eating or giving birth" a see the substance in what I am saying. As the pictures I tried uploading refused uploading

LoLz. Show me 1 example.
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by LordReed(m): 12:31pm On Sep 28, 2023
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by LordReed(m): 12:32pm On Sep 28, 2023
EMILO2STAY:

Not going to do your work for you. Show an example of such a fossil.
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:34pm On Sep 28, 2023
KnownUnknown:

RAPE is RAMPANT among Jehovah Witness members, luckily their molestation acts has never ever affected those who aren't members of that group.
The highlighted is enough to tell you that all these allegations are lies!

If JWs are rapists how come none has ever been reported as raping someone who is not a member of JW?

We live in the same community with others yet our rampant rape acts hasn't cross over to the other religionists in our neighbourhood! undecided

Can you say the same with terrorists? cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by KnownUnknown: 12:40pm On Sep 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The highlighted is enough to tell you that all these allegations are lies!

If JWs are rapists how come none has ever been reported as raping someone who is not a member of JW?

We live in the same community with others yet our rampant rape acts hasn't cross over to the other religionists in our neighbourhood! undecided

Can you say the same with terrorists? cheesy

The highlighted is enough to tell you that all these allegations are true!

JWs are rapists, luckily their depravity is limited to their cult because raping someone who is not a member of JW has repercussions.

They live in the same community with others but their rampant rape acts hasn't cross over to the other religionists in their neighbourhood! undecided

You can say the same with other cults cheesy
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by EMILO2STAY(m): 2:53pm On Sep 28, 2023
KnownUnknown:

Noah probably lived 4 million years ago and this whale was killed by Ham and Japheth in order to get whale oil for lamps. Then the whale was intacked.

noah did not live 4 million years ago. Abeg I dont know what your saying.
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by EMILO2STAY(m): 2:55pm On Sep 28, 2023
LordReed:

LMFAO!. Oh so the professors are not teaching this so called fact in history, archeology, paleontology so where is fact, in your backyard? Bwahahahahahaha!
your a waste of time. Di professor need to teach you that fossilzation needs water? You have no point. The evolution theory taught in schools today where is the fact? You argue childishly.
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by EMILO2STAY(m): 2:56pm On Sep 28, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz. Show me 1 example.
your a waste of time google what I told you if your serious
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by EMILO2STAY(m): 2:58pm On Sep 28, 2023
LordReed:

None of these show an example of a fossilized fish or whale with soft tissue.
they prove my point of a rapid burial and fossilization of sea creatures on a mountain. An indication that the mountian was once covered by water. Who is talking of soft tissue?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Let's Pray For Yobe State. Churches Are Being Burnt Right Now / March 2013 Power Must Change Hands (pmch) Programme- My Star Must Shine / Coming Mark Of The Beast 666 And CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.