Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,427 members, 7,830,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? (2982 Views)

'will God Destroy The Earth Again With Fire; Is The World Ever Going To End? / King Kong Movie Reveals Flat Earth with Firmament (dome) / Bride-To-Be Swept Away By Flood In Anambra Catholic Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:57pm On Sep 28, 2023
LordReed:

Was the mammoth found on a mountain? Was it buried in sediment or it was frozen in ice?

"" further evidence that a flood of immense proportions occurred in the not-too-distant past is the great number of fossils and carcasses deposited in icy, mucky dumps. The Saturday Evening Post noted: “Many of these animals were perfectly fresh, whole and undamaged, and still either standing or at least kneeling upright. . . . Here is a really shocking​—to our previous way of thinking—​picture. Vast herds of enormous, well-fed beasts not specifically designed for extreme cold, placidly feeding in sunny pastures . . . Suddenly they were all killed without any visible sign of violence and before they could so much as swallow a last mouthful of food, and then were quick-frozen so rapidly that every cell of their bodies is perfectly preserved.”

One such may have been the mammoth that was uncovered by excavators in Siberia. Vegetation was still in its mouth and stomach, and its flesh was even edible when thawed out.

You were expecting all carcasses of such disaster to rest on a mountain?
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by LordReed(m): 8:09pm On Sep 28, 2023
Aemmyjah:

"" further evidence that a flood of immense proportions occurred in the not-too-distant past is the great number of fossils and carcasses deposited in icy, mucky dumps. The Saturday Evening Post noted: “Many of these animals were perfectly fresh, whole and undamaged, and still either standing or at least kneeling upright. . . . Here is a really shocking​—to our previous way of thinking—​picture. Vast herds of enormous, well-fed beasts not specifically designed for extreme cold, placidly feeding in sunny pastures . . . Suddenly they were all killed without any visible sign of violence and before they could so much as swallow a last mouthful of food, and then were quick-frozen so rapidly that every cell of their bodies is perfectly preserved.”

One such may have been the mammoth that was uncovered by excavators in Siberia. Vegetation was still in its mouth and stomach, and its flesh was even edible when thawed out.

You were expecting all carcasses of such disaster to rest on a mountain?

Explain how the mammoth got frozen during a flood according to your narrative.
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:28pm On Sep 28, 2023
LordReed:

Explain how the mammoth got frozen during a flood according to your narrative.

Do you understand sciences

What happens before, during and after a global Deluge (if it really occurred) as to temperature and climate especially in polar regions?

the book Earth’s Most Challenging Mysteries asks:

“What made rabbits run into the same cave as coyotes? And an antelope with a wolverine and a grizzly? Bones of the mastodon were found, also a few reptiles . . . The whole mass of bones was covered and preserved by a flood deposit of gravel and rocks.”

In the book, The Mammoth and the Flood, "We want a cause that should kill the animals, and yet not break to pieces their bodies, or even mutilate them, . . . which would bury the bodies as well as kill the animals, . . . which could sweep together animals of different sizes and species, and mix them with trees and other debris of vegetation. What cause competent to do this is known to us, except rushing water on a great scale? . . . Water . . . is the only cause known to me capable of doing the work on a scale commensurate with the effects we see in Siberia.”

Atheist without sense
Some atheists even acknowledge that there was once a great deluge but they said the Bible account was copied... That does not deny that there was once a great flood
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by LordReed(m): 8:33pm On Sep 28, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Do you understand sciences

What happens before, during and after a global Deluge (if it really occurred) as to temperature and climate especially in polar regions?

the book Earth’s Most Challenging Mysteries asks:

“What made rabbits run into the same cave as coyotes? And an antelope with a wolverine and a grizzly? Bones of the mastodon were found, also a few reptiles . . . The whole mass of bones was covered and preserved by a flood deposit of gravel and rocks.”

In the book, The Mammoth and the Flood, "We want a cause that should kill the animals, and yet not break to pieces their bodies, or even mutilate them, . . . which would bury the bodies as well as kill the animals, . . . which could sweep together animals of different sizes and species, and mix them with trees and other debris of vegetation. What cause competent to do this is known to us, except rushing water on a great scale? . . . Water . . . is the only cause known to me capable of doing the work on a scale commensurate with the effects we see in Siberia.”

Atheist without sense
Some atheists even acknowledge that there was once a great deluge but they said the Bible account was copied... That does not deny that there was once a great flood

LoLz. Dumdum explain how mammoth got frozen intact but whale was not, in the same flood. Abi you don't know that mountain tops are practically frozen especially the Himalayas.

Dumdums that cannot reason.
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:04pm On Sep 28, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz. Dumdum explain how mammoth got frozen intact but whale was not, in the same flood. Abi you don't know that mountain tops are practically frozen especially the Himalayas.

Dumdums that cannot reason.

Himalayas is the only place you see scattered fossils?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:35pm On Sep 28, 2023
EMILO2STAY:
dumb guy,the soft tissues found on fossils such as that of the t-rex proves it cannot be miilions of years. Instead it proves it to be just a few thousand years.

He wants to ignore as if science has a reliable means of dating
Sometimes, what they calculated to have been tens of thousands years old... Some other method puts it and just a few thousand years
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by Emusan(m): 9:35pm On Sep 28, 2023
kingxsamz:
Lol, it literally says "every" nw. 😂
Unless the word "every" now has another meaning, I don't know.

What point were you trying to make?
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:36pm On Sep 28, 2023
LordReed:

person who thinks fairytale is fact. You are the miserable dumbass who needs to go get a life and stop talking of things that are evidently out of your depth.
mumu I gave you links that prove animals fossilized in action and also animal fossils fou d in mountain tops. Why dont yiu give me links of mountains rising out of the oceans with animals on them and also how they where fossilized as they rose up with the mountain out of the ocean?

You rushed to the argument because you want to tell me mountaims rise up the sea only to hang half way because you have no clue of what your saying instead you became frustrated and started sayimg nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:54pm On Sep 28, 2023
LordReed:

You are a dummy. You mentioned a TRex that was found with soft tissue yet you are saying we shouldn't see soft tissue. Aren't you a dumbass that can't reason?

person if a specimen is fossilized with soft tissue the soft tissue will still be there no matter how long.

You are just a slowpoke arguing like a blind fool.
dont be stupid. I gave you that because I know you dont know. But nevertheless soft tissues in fossilized animals are note common at all. It is not what one expects when digging out fossils that has been materialized and hardened like a stone. How can soft tissues survive beeing minerialized and hardened? You dumb slowpoke!! Unless in rare situations liket the case of the t- rex. The presence of iron in the t- rex bone made it possible for it to survive that long.which makes that find a rare one and first of its kind in 2005 since the excavation of dinosaur fossils since the 1800. Soft tissues in fossilized animals is not a common sight. Besides the fact the soft tissues was found in fossils proves that these animals died out a few thousand years not millions of hears ago.
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:55pm On Sep 28, 2023
LordReed:

Ah I see it's a fact that you manufactured in your dumdum brain. LoLz.
I can see your frustration. But just end the argument by presenting me with an article like I did showimg mountains growing out of the water with fish being fossilized on them? Mugu man.
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:58pm On Sep 28, 2023
Aemmyjah:

He wants to ignore as if science has a reliable means of dating
Sometimes, what they calculated to have been tens of thousands years old... Some other method puts it and just a few thousand years
the carbon dating method is rubbish seriuous rubbish. Live snails have been carbon dated to have died out thousand of year ago.,,, somthing that is still alive ohh.
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by KnownUnknown: 10:17pm On Sep 28, 2023
EMILO2STAY:
noah did not live 4 million years ago. Abeg I dont know what you’re saying.

He did. He had a couple of dinosaur pets too. Parts of the ark was made of T-Rex bones.
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by EMILO2STAY(m): 10:29pm On Sep 28, 2023
KnownUnknown:

He did. He had a couple of dinosaur pets too. Parts of the ark was made of T-Rex bones.
ok , get your sarcasm. Now go and rest.
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by KnownUnknown: 10:31pm On Sep 28, 2023
EMILO2STAY:
ok , get your sarcasm. Now go and rest.

How is it sarcasm? It’s a true story bro.
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by EMILO2STAY(m): 10:42pm On Sep 28, 2023
KnownUnknown:

How is it sarcasm? It’s a true story bro.
abeg leave my mention!!
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by KnownUnknown: 10:55pm On Sep 28, 2023
EMILO2STAY:
abeg leave my mention!!

Like Noah left his favorite unicorn?! No way!
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by cornelboy(f): 11:06pm On Sep 28, 2023
EMILO2STAY:
I am not a sheeple like you. The same universities teach evolution with out fact. So because university'sdont teach it does not make it fasle or untrue. The fossils speak for themselves. What are the facts behind evolution the universities teach? Mr university with dumb brain.
Haha 👍🏾
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by cornelboy(f): 11:11pm On Sep 28, 2023
EMILO2STAY:
the agw of the fossils are wrong and cannot be substantiated in a ny way. Just mere speculations. They are not fact. But what is fact is that these fossils where found at the top of mountains which can only happen if that mountain was once covered by water and the animals where buried quickly and alive. Go find another excuse you know nothing.
I never believed or trusted all these their carbon dating or whatever it's called. They would tell you the universe started 6 billions years ago, the first human or humanoid existed 33 millions years ago, a fossil is 40 millions years old, 500 millions this, 10 billion that. I'll never trust their myths.
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by MightySparrow: 11:49pm On Sep 28, 2023
mariovito:
So if Noah only picked the ones in his area, how did animals in other continents survive. How about An isolated continent like Australia that has peculiar species?

If he could create more, when then did he have to bother Noah with taking a pair of every animal? He could have just wiped everything off and created new species.

The OP hàs made thought provoking points however, it is taking out of context of the records.

At the time of Noah, the earth was still a whole lump. The same thing someone asked, that carnivorous animals will together with other animals is still coming according to Bible prophecy. Christian God has promised to repeat same feat.

Gen.10.25 - And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; [/b]and his brother's name was Joktan.
Gen.10.32 - These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: [b]and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood.

Sea animals were no taken. Today species are still evolving. It may have been that those outside the reach of Noah perished. Science itself confirm that some animals existed before and are no more.

So, I don't see anything wrong with the record of Moses.

It is only the Bible that has answered what science has not: the creation, why are there sexes? If the nature is so intelligent to have created everything, what is human being evolving to?

Moses himself may not have gotten everything but he really tried .
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by MightySparrow: 11:58pm On Sep 28, 2023
tophempire:

That's true, and that's why their god is a jealous god. If he was the only true god why will you be jealous of other gods they were not real? That have eyes but can not see😂😂😂 can you be jealous that your babe is crushing on a book? Or stone, or table etc?

You miss me point. God is only jealous for those He had covenant with. Every covenant works with jealousy.
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by Aemmyjah(m): 4:28am On Sep 29, 2023
MightySparrow:

The OP hàs made thought provoking points however, it is taking out of context of the records.

At the time of Noah, the earth was still a whole lump. The same thing someone asked, that carnivorous animals will together with other animals is still coming according to Bible prophecy. Christian God has promised to repeat same feat.

Gen.10.25 - And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; [/b]and his brother's name was Joktan.
Gen.10.32 - These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: [b]and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood.

Sea animals were no taken. Today species are still evolving. It may have been that those outside the reach of Noah perished. Science itself confirm that some animals existed before and are no more.

So, I don't see anything wrong with the record of Moses.

It is only the Bible that has answered what science has not: the creation, why are there sexes? If the nature is so intelligent to have created everything, what is human being evolving to?

Moses himself may not have gotten everything but he really tried .

On the highlighted
You call yourself a Christian and you're mentioning evolution?
You have a very long way to go cheesy
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by Aemmyjah(m): 4:52am On Sep 29, 2023
EMILO2STAY:
I am not a sheeple like you. The same universities teach evolution with out fact. So because university'sdont teach it does not make it fasle or untrue. The fossils speak for themselves. What are the facts behind evolution the universities teach? Mr university with dumb brain.

200%

1 Like

Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by Aemmyjah(m): 5:26am On Sep 29, 2023
The scientific & archeological evidence to support such a cataclysmic event is worthy of closer inspection.

1) There is an abundance of global flood stories found in a wide variety of cultures. Anthropologists have catalogued over 500 ancient flood legends from all over the world.

The ancient Babylonians, Native Americans, Australian Aboriginals, Aztecs, Romans, Greeks, Chinese, Mayans, Inuits, and many others recorded catastrophic flood stories. These stories are similar to the Genesis narrative, including an angry "god" and people who survived the flood in a “boat”.

2) 75% of earth’s land surface is comprised of sedimentary rock - rock that was washed away, dissolved in fluid, and redeposited elsewhere.

3) Its not uncommon for archeologists to find massive fossil graveyards consisting of jumbled, smashed, and contorted fossil remains that give the appearance of large numbers of animals destroyed “simultaneously” by an incredible force.

4) The long-distance movement of various types of rock. e.g, scientists have noted quartzites discovered more than 300 miles from their source in Oregon USA, a phenomenon that no longer takes place today.

Some serious force was required to uplift & move these huge rocks that kind of distance.

5) The presence of abundant fossil remains of marine life at the tops of every major mountain range in the world, “including the Himalayas”. Science has yet to provide a reasonable explanation for the abundance of fossilized marine life at such high elevations.

Logic: If the flood was indeed global, do we have accounts of it from various parts of the globe? Absolutely.

Intelligent atheist won't agree to such logic sha cheesy
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by MightySparrow: 6:08am On Sep 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

On the highlighted
You call yourself a Christian and you're mentioning evolution?
You have a very long way to go cheesy

Yes, not in sense of science. Scientific evolution means creation from big bang. Evolution in the way I use it (for limitation of my English words to use) variations. For instance, man was originally a people from where we have races tribes and ethnics. I believe same for animals by nature or artificial like cross breeding..
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:39am On Sep 29, 2023
MightySparrow:

Yes, not in sense of science. [b]Scientific evolution means creation from big bang. [/b]Evolution in the way I use it (for limitation of my English words to use) variations. For instance, man was originally a people from where we have races tribes and ethnics. I believe same for animals by nature or artificial like cross breeding..

Is that what Papa told you? Or your science teachers?

Evolution and Creation are 2 parallel lines that can never meet
You want to marry both
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by EMILO2STAY(m): 6:58am On Sep 29, 2023
cornelboy:

I never believed or trusted all these their carbon dating or whatever it's called. They would tell you the universe started 6 billions years ago, the first human or humanoid existed 33 millions years ago, a fossil is 40 millions years old, 500 millions this, 10 billion that. I'll never trust their myths.
they are all propaganda. The reason for that is to discredit the bible. Its all part of the learning agaisnt learning started bye the jesiuts during the counter reformation. The aim is to discredit the bible and make it look like a book of myth when in fact it is saying the truth. According to the bible, the earth is about 6000 years old. But the evolutionist will disagree and say it is 4billion years old without any fact to back it up, yet will laugh at you if you believe the bible even though the bible statement can be verified.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by MightySparrow: 7:02am On Sep 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Is that what Papa told you? Or your science teachers?

Evolution and Creation are 2 parallel lines that can never meet
You want to marry both

Well, I think I have made my self sufficiently clear. If you have any problems with it, that your own cup of tea.

Evolution is an ongoing thing in all facets of life, depending on the way you see it.
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:06am On Sep 29, 2023
MightySparrow:

Well, I think I have made my self sufficiently clear. If you have any problems with it, that your own cup of tea.

Evolution is an ongoing thing in all facets of life, depending on the way you see it.

cheesy

Lemme ask you?
How did life originate

A direct creation from God or by evolution?
You can't mix both

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by MightySparrow: 7:19am On Sep 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

cheesy

Lemme ask you?
How did life originate

A direct creation from God or by evolution?
You can't mix both

Both
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:21am On Sep 29, 2023
MightySparrow:

Both

🤔
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:22am On Sep 29, 2023
MightySparrow:

Both

Ok sir
Re: Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? by MightySparrow: 8:02am On Sep 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

🤔

Any problem?

Have you considered the this post?
Why have you discarded it?
What is your take?

https://www.nairaland.com/search?q=Divinity+of+Jesus+&board=0

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Vision Is A FORESIGHT Based On An INSIGHT With A Deep HINDSIGHT." / Atheism Is Mind Control. / Robert Powell "I'm Not Jesus"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.