Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,551 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

My Boss Calls Me All The Time. - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss Calls Me All The Time. (34820 Views)

My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by occfx: 9:29am On Oct 03, 2023
Vinnie2000:

OP, that's the way in Nigeria's Private Sector! 🤨🙂🙂

USE, USE and Keeping USING the SMART/CAPABLE Employee!🙁

The Man has seen that You have Great Professional Abilities and as a Shrewd Employer,
He will USE you to the Maximum!😏😕

Continue Being USED until you find a Govt Job or become BRAVE enough to Open ur own Business!🙁

Being Used and Getting Cash in your Pocket is Far BETTER
than Begging others for Money or Depending on Social media Give aways.😔😟

You are right on this... But I see it that if you are not brave enough you may end up as a slave. A time must come when you must brave up. I suggest he asks according to the man's demand. The more the man ask for him the more he should bill him. He should be asking for a raise every new session or every new term. The man will get tired of him and start looking for alternatives. The fact is that, such a day must come. Let it come now if you ask me.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Cryptokin(m): 10:21am On Oct 03, 2023
Opanka44:

You're as senseless and ignorant as anything u can imagine. Since some of u here cannot comment without insulting someone. I have asked u what u meant by saying " Na my type dey kill person Business"
If u didn't have a Sensible comment to make, why didn't u just shut up? Someone who is a killer of people's businesses wouldn't have won the Best Teachers award. Use ur head.
Been the best teacher don’t mean you can’t affect the business negatively. You’re to do your job as a professional and your boss/owner has to handle the business side too and the saying customers is always right shouldn’t be underestimated if you want your business to grow. Try and be open minded and see things from other perspective. Your boss isn’t totally right with some personal behaviors but business wise, you either listen or leave.
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 10:27am On Oct 03, 2023
Cryptokin:
Been the best teacher don’t mean you can’t affect the business negatively. You’re to do your job as a professional and your boss/owner has to handle the business side too and the saying customers is always right shouldn’t be underestimated if you want your business to grow. Try and be open minded and see things from other perspective. Your boss isn’t totally right with some personal behaviors but business wise, you either listen or leave.

The typical African mentality of "customers are always right" is totally erroneous. Have you forgotten that teachers are also part of the growth of his school business? You can't have standard or population if your staff are not good, so if you begin to put customers are always right by undermining your staff, you'll run down your sch

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by upuphim(m): 10:34am On Oct 03, 2023
In business customers are always right except you want the business to collapse. A Bank where I worked will sack a staff rather than loose an important customer. I have these two advice:

1. Plan to leave the school for another as you are not the owner.
2. Plan to establish your own school. For capital requirement, join Pwan Group real estate business to make the money. You may reach me on oazimo@yahoo.com if interested.
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Officer4: 11:03am On Oct 03, 2023
Opanka44:

Go help yourself first.
okay no problem.
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 2:46pm On Oct 03, 2023
Keaton:

So he shouldn't solicit help online because you're too proud to beg, because I'm guessing you're the jobless one. What's the difference between you and a witch? 🤣🤣

If you can't help him then move on, its not your business if he cries out for assistance. I'm hearing Nigeria is a jungle right now.

@Opanaka44 send aza to my DM let me do world remit to you sir.

I've sent you a DM Sir
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by YourGFsnatcher: 3:00pm On Oct 03, 2023
Opanka44:

Hmmm.... What an experience you had. So sorry about that. It is well. Ive learnt from your piece now
Thank you !
We learn everyday

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by endozoo: 3:04pm On Oct 03, 2023
Hiring 🔥

Product Manager 💹

Remote 🌎

Skills: creating user stories, prioritizing features, and owning a product backlog.

Apply: https://remoteday.io/q531199
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 3:51pm On Oct 03, 2023
YourGFsnatcher:

Thank you !
We learn everyday

Sure!

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by lolaluv1(f): 10:16am On Oct 04, 2023
Opanka44:

Wow.. I have sent a PM

I don't access to the email registered to my NL account at the moment. Please leave your email and I will reach out to you.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 2:54pm On Oct 04, 2023
lolaluv1:

I don't access to the email registered to my NL account at the moment. Please leave your email and I will reach out to you.

misterh7676@gmail.com
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by justlovesfarmin: 6:25pm On Oct 04, 2023
Opanka44:

You're completely correct. He has seen the potentials in me so he's exploring them without commensurate incentives and renumeration. I'm not even an administrative staff, yet ne continues to indulge me in adminisstrative duties. He will call me on Saturdays to come interview Job applicants, go represent the school at official functions, Be the MC in our school's occasions like end of the year/term party. I will anchor PTA meetings. We are almost 50 staff there and I'm almost the youngest in age

Negotiate better pay.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 7:15pm On Oct 04, 2023
justlovesfarmin:

Negotiate better pay.

Ok. Thanks

He keeps telling me that I shouldn't put money first in whatever I'm doing. That I should offer selfless service first before money
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 7:18pm On Oct 04, 2023
Keaton:

So he shouldn't solicit help online because you're too proud to beg, because I'm guessing you're the jobless one. What's the difference between you and a witch? 🤣🤣

If you can't help him then move on, its not your business if he cries out for assistance. I'm hearing Nigeria is a jungle right now.

You've not been responding to my Messages
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by descarado: 7:29am On Oct 05, 2023
Not up to 40k salary?
Osanubua shocked shocked

What are you doing there, dust your certificate and go to private school that pays in your state. What you are doing is slavery×2. You can move state if need be. Don't tell yourself it's the best you can do at the moment.
What happened to conducting exam lessons?
If you can, move to abj. Some privates in asokoro, wuse, maitama and some zones pay not less than 200 and since its maths, you can get unity school which is even better. All you need is the connection.

How do you even survive?

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by descarado: 7:36am On Oct 05, 2023
Opanka44:

Ok. Thanks

He keeps telling me that I shouldn't put money first in whatever I'm doing. That I should offer selfless service first before money
And you believe that?
Go and read up how bosses manipulate their workers psychologically.
You are not ready to face the world else you will play a smarter game. Your opening actually gave you away as one who loves validation more than anything and want to belong. I can understand as one who is an only child. That yearning to be accepted and validated is too much. You see nairaland as such too.

The truth is, you will not improve and move higher with such mindset. There are some harsh comments people posted here, go and assimilate them and think about your future. Present day Nigerian reality says no to what you pocket home every month after tax.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 6:39pm On Oct 05, 2023
Keaton:

If you knew u weren't going to help me, you shouldn't have given me a false hope and asked for my Banking details. I have sent you multiple DMs but you've deliberately ignored them all. It's so unfair. I'm sure you wouldn't like to be treated this way. It is well. God bless you

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Tito24: 6:40pm On Oct 05, 2023
Opanka44:

Oga fuckoff. You're intellectually and mentally unfit to offer counsel to any sensible person
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 please be calming down... You hear 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 6:42pm On Oct 05, 2023
descarado:

And you believe that?
Go and read up how bosses manipulate their workers psychologically.
You are not ready to face the world else you will play a smarter game. Your opening actually gave you away as one who loves validation more than anything and want to belong. I can understand as one who is an only child. That yearning to be accepted and validated is too much. You see nairaland as such too.

The truth is, you will not improve and move higher with such mindset. There are some harsh comments people posted here, go and assimilate them and think about your future. Present day Nigerian reality says no to what you pocket home every month after tax.

Did I tell you I agreed to what he said or u simply lack understanding? I only shared with you what he told me, I didn't tell u I agreed with him.
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 6:44pm On Oct 05, 2023
Tito24:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 please be calming down... You hear 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

Lol... Some Nairalanders can be so annoying. They like to take advantage of people's unfortunate situation and insult

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Tito24: 2:10am On Oct 06, 2023
Opanka44:

Lol... Some Nairalanders can be so annoying. They like to take advantage of people's unfortunate situation and insult
like I don't know who these idlots think they are. Really annoying! You sef no get joy! 🤣🤣🤣 Good job bro👍

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 8:00am On Oct 06, 2023
Tito24:
like I don't know who these idlots think they are. Really annoying! You sef no get joy! 🤣🤣🤣 Good job bro👍

My brother, I nor get joy at all. Imagine u brought a serious issue here so u can get help, the next thing u would be seeing is insults. They will take advantage of your predicament & start insulting you, some will aim jibes, throw Banters, aim digs, and start lambasting u as if they are perfect. While I agree that not everyone would agree to my own point of view, we can always disagree with decorum and civility and never resort to insults. That's where maturity comes in. Any Nairalander who insults me and expects that I keep quiet should have their brains checked cos I won't keep calm at all. Nobody has Monopoly of violence or stupidity, we can all be stupid if and when we want
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 5:35pm On Oct 06, 2023
Keaton:

Try to be humane and stop giving people false hope. I'm really very disappointed in you.
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Oyindamolah: 5:15pm On Oct 08, 2023
shocked
Opanka44:

If you knew u weren't going to help me, you shouldn't have given me a false hope and asked for my Banking details. I have sent you multiple DMs but you've deliberately ignored them all. It's so unfair. I'm sure you wouldn't like to be treated this way. It is well. God bless you
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by kafeii123: 5:37am On Oct 09, 2023
Somebody is paying you less than 49k per month for work....and you a full grown man with two working legs and another set of working arms still stay there?.... Unless if you're less than 20years old....my friend..u need to leave that place asap
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Nmeri17: 6:58pm On Jan 26
preekahantas:

You have no respect.
I can see why your employer is punishing you.

This thread grin cheesy grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is There A Reason As To Why A Bank Should Ask This Question? / Man Dies In Enugu As Foundation At A Construction Site Collapses On Him (Graphic / Lady Who Rehabilitated A Destitute Losses Her Job, See Her Reaction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.