Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,581 members, 7,816,429 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

My Boss Calls Me All The Time. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss Calls Me All The Time. (34817 Views)

My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by tubolancer(m): 2:21pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:

I think that's what I should do. Each time he calls, my Blood pressure will just rise even before I pick up the call. I've lost my peace already. As far as teaching is concerned, I have lots of experience. And can easily get another teaching offer if I quit this.
He is afraid you might quit, it has happened to me before, they will overuse you, use the best part of your life, and before you know it, you are already old. Quit if you secure a good job.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Father4all: 2:21pm On Oct 02, 2023
Let me tell you truth. You like eye Service

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by TRAPLORD13: 2:22pm On Oct 02, 2023
If the calls are work related then there is nothing wrong.
Otherwise be smart and wise.
XO XAMANI
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Princeadebayo11(m): 2:22pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:

Ok Sir, thanks. I appreciate. He even engaged me for weekend private lessons for his two daughters in SS classes. Saturdays and Sundays 2-5pm.
I don't have a single day of rest in my life right now except weekdays that are public holidays like Monday next week when there will be no school nor weekend lesson. But trust me, he'll still call me on that Monday for one thing or the other
I don't know how teacher's in private school usually put themselves in this kind of problem. I can't accept any extra lesson despite my pay is low. I would rather invest the time in sleeping. You've allowed see finish. The proprietor has seen you inside and outside. He knows everything about you that you have nothing to do than his job

3 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by albert2512: 2:22pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:
Good day my beautiful people here. Nairaland is my Family because I don't have a physical/Blood-related family and I believe I'll get the appropriate counsel here.

So, I work as a teacher of Mathematics in a Private School. The school is almost 3years since it's establishment while I'm over 2years working there.

My Employers(Husband & wife) are the Best you can ever have as far as the teaching job is concerned. They pay on time and are easygoing people. However, almost all the staff(42 staff) aren't happy with the fact that they give parents and students more concern at the detriment of the staff. As in, you can't get into a conflict with a learner or parent & ever expect to win the case even when it is obvious you're Right.

They allow the parents to decide what goes on in the school. And this isn't going down well with many of the staff. Parents moan a lot when u give them such chance. At a point I had to tell my boss that I was resigning, but he pleaded with me to stay and I stayed. But I'm really getting fed up.

The other thing is his incessant and unsolicited calls. I've worked in Eight schools in four different states of this country & I hate to be friends with my employers cos I have learnt a lot based on my previous experiences.

Such relationship doesn't end well cos I'm always at the receiving end. Truth is, I love the sch so much. The pay is not even up to 40k but I bless God. Aside doing my job, I also advise him on way forward as regards the sch. I even won the Best teacher's award last session.

I feel really uncomfortable with the way he calls me everyday even on weekends and odd hours. I no longer have my Privacy. He calls for very trivial reasons and it's about what I should do, how parents are complaining about some particular issues.

You hardly get applause for been dedicated to work. He is so quick to criticize, but never gives credit when he should. No matter how perfect you are at your job, once there's one little stain on it, it has dented every other good deeds. It's really so demoralizing and we the staff are not happy. There's no staff there that isn't hardworking, so why not overlook a few mistakes? I understand it's Business but his staff are also humans.

At times, I will have to either put off my two phones or put the phones on DND so as to avoid his calls. He has all my three lines. I had to stylishly ask some other close colleagues of mine if they also received such numerous calls form our Boss, but they said No.

So why is mine different?

Customers are always right bro. He is trying to build that school even though he needs to put a little adjustment on parents influence but the PTA controls the school.

You need to talk to him about the effect of his frequent calls on your mental stress. But mind the way you say it and don't let your ego ruin the good he sees in you. He think you are a dependable person among others. Be careful.
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Princeadebayo11(m): 2:23pm On Oct 02, 2023
Father4all:
Let me tell you truth. You like eye Service
Exactly... we have many of them in our school. Before anything you will see them in proprietor office discussing with him
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Fearlez: 2:23pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:
Good day my beautiful people here. Nairaland is my Family because I don't have a physical/Blood-related family and I believe I'll get the appropriate counsel here.

So, I work as a teacher of Mathematics in a Private School. The school is almost 3years since it's establishment while I'm over 2years working there.

My Employers(Husband & wife) are the Best you can ever have as far as the teaching job is concerned. They pay on time and are easygoing people. However, almost all the staff(42 staff) aren't happy with the fact that they give parents and students more concern at the detriment of the staff. As in, you can't get into a conflict with a learner or parent & ever expect to win the case even when it is obvious you're Right.

They allow the parents to decide what goes on in the school. And this isn't going down well with many of the staff. Parents moan a lot when u give them such chance. At a point I had to tell my boss that I was resigning, but he pleaded with me to stay and I stayed. But I'm really getting fed up.

The other thing is his incessant and unsolicited calls. I've worked in Eight schools in four different states of this country & I hate to be friends with my employers cos I have learnt a lot based on my previous experiences.

Such relationship doesn't end well cos I'm always at the receiving end. Truth is, I love the sch so much. The pay is not even up to 40k but I bless God. Aside doing my job, I also advise him on way forward as regards the sch. I even won the Best teacher's award last session.

I feel really uncomfortable with the way he calls me everyday even on weekends and odd hours. I no longer have my Privacy. He calls for very trivial reasons and it's about what I should do, how parents are complaining about some particular issues.

You hardly get applause for been dedicated to work. He is so quick to criticize, but never gives credit when he should. No matter how perfect you are at your job, once there's one little stain on it, it has dented every other good deeds. It's really so demoralizing and we the staff are not happy. There's no staff there that isn't hardworking, so why not overlook a few mistakes? I understand it's Business but his staff are also humans.

At times, I will have to either put off my two phones or put the phones on DND so as to avoid his calls. He has all my three lines. I had to stylishly ask some other close colleagues of mine if they also received such numerous calls form our Boss, but they said No.

how did your boss get all three of your number?

Why did you take it upon yourself to offer unsolicited advice to him?

Why do you think parents don't have a say in a private school what goes on with their kids?

You're a confused person who very self conceited. You probably think the world revolves around you but it doesn't .
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Geovanni412(m): 2:23pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:

grin grin

You may not like my answer....

Your boss values you as a trusted employee and he is willing for you to carry the load of the school

By bringing you close to him, he is making you feel comfortable that you are important to the school

The happiness you feel of being important will allow him continue to pay you pennies for years whilst others in your field will keep advancing and make more money

Your happiness will make you believe that one day, he will recognize your value and elevate you by giving you a better deal but such a day will likely never come.

If you doubt what I'm saying, ask your boss for a raise in line with your increasing responsibility and see what he will say. cool

My two cents...

Use your sense and prepare to find a new job before you wake up one day and wonder how you wasted 4-5 yrs of your life working for a psycho cool

11 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Major7: 2:23pm On Oct 02, 2023
Those asking you to quit will still troll you when you come back to this platform to solicit for money. Have a concrete plan before you resign cos the economy isn't presently funny. Also you're to be blamed for the constant calling cos you didn't make the job completely official.do your job,get paid and go home but since you turned yourself to ghandi,he's counting on you which is not bad.

5 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by davidodiba(m): 2:24pm On Oct 02, 2023
Joy in Nasarawa as PDP wins tribunal
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by omoredia: 2:24pm On Oct 02, 2023
No perfect work like that. As it is said in esan if u dont eat yam because of oil u will eat oil because of yam. Enjoy what u do and stick to ur plan
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 2:24pm On Oct 02, 2023
tubolancer:
He is afraid you might quit, it has happened to me before, they will overuse you, use the best part of your life, and before you know it, you are already old. Quit if you secure a good job.

Honestly you are so on point. He's afraid I may quit. There are over 42 staff there and only four of us are Males plus two drivers totalling 6 Men. The rests are women.... My boss even engaged with for Weeknd private lessons for his two children in SS classes
Saturdays and Sundays. I don't rest at all
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Nettybrown(m): 2:25pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:

Guy, why you bring our mata here now? Knowing fully well how much i care about you because you have no relation. Is it a crime to adopt you as my brother again? No problem sha...... come to talk of it, you allowed people to call me a guy abi? See you on Tuesday! undecided

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by okerekingsley90: 2:25pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:

What have I done to deserve such response. U insulted me for calling you Bro?

My brother no need replying people with crazy and meaningless monikas

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by nurudeen181(m): 2:26pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:

No... Not at all
why should you say no when you dont know... would he tell you he's gay.. his father or mother might not even know

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 2:28pm On Oct 02, 2023
Geovanni412:

grin grin

You may not like my answer....

Your boss values you as a trusted employee and he is willing for you to carry the load of the school

By bringing you close to him, he is making you feel comfortable that you are important to the school

The happiness you feel of being important will allow him continue to pay you pennies for years whilst others in your field will keep advancing and make more money

Your happiness will make you believe that one day, he will recognize your value and elevate you by giving you a better deal but such a day will likely never come.

If you doubt what I'm saying, ask your boss for a raise in line with your increasing responsibility and see what he will say. cool

My two cents...

Use your sense and prepare to find a new job before you wake up one day and wonder how you wasted 4-5 yrs of your life working for a psycho cool

You're so correct Sir. I've been so critical of myself cos I'm not getting any younger. I need to start planning on achieving great things and this paltry sums can't take me anywhere. My house rent alone is something else. What can 40k do in this harsh economy?
He even engaged me for private tutorials on weekend, Saturdays and Sundays to teach his two daughters in SS classes. I barely have a rest except at night when I'm sleeping
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 2:28pm On Oct 02, 2023
okerekingsley90:

My brother no need replying people with crazy and meaningless monikas

Alright Sir. Thanks
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by fattycoolface(m): 2:30pm On Oct 02, 2023
I guess you guys should just take your stand and let him realize that it is unethical to fault a teacher knowingfully well he/she has done nothing wrong.

If decision can be taken unanimously,I bet you your employer will definitely moderate how he approached issues between the teachers and the parents.

As for the parents,it will definitely tell in their wards cos they(teachers)wouldn't want to scold such students whose parents always lodge complain.

Of course setting up a school is a business but not to dehuman your employee just to please some parents.

If I can not convince other teachers to take our stand on this,I will resign or just teach and leave the students involve with their abnormalities.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Donald7610: 2:30pm On Oct 02, 2023
Leave poverty and do something profitable
School owner will use you to acquire properties

But if you want to remain in education sector
Use your time to write textbooks
Learn to manage school till you get yours

Opanka44:

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 2:31pm On Oct 02, 2023
Major7:
Those asking you to quit will still troll you when you come back to this platform to solicit for money. Have a concrete plan before you resign cos the economy isn't presently funny. Also you're to be blamed for the constant calling cos you didn't make the job completely official.do your job,get paid and go home but since you turned yourself to ghandi,he's counting on you which is not bad.

Hmmm
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by jonnayo(m): 2:32pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:

Bro never complain of your boss' calls on odd hours, as far as he is not calling other staff in that manner then be assured he is building you for greatness in that firm. I see you rising above other staff after the trust has been built between you and your boss. Also remember in business, customers are kings and queens and they are always right. The same thing is applicable to where you are working. Please continue to be hard working and experience supernatural upliftment soon. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by purples25(f): 2:33pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:

My Brother, the trend is worrisome. I made a simple post and some had to insult me for no just reason. The kids on Nairaland are becoming too many now. The inventors of this platform must quickly do something about this. Let's have an Option to Block some of these kids pls

If i had a forum I would have my number one rule to be no insults. If you dare insult anyone you are banned forever. You will never be able to come back. The message is to go and be an animal somewhere else, leave the platform for sane people who really want to engage in meaningful conversations.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Kingpele(m): 2:33pm On Oct 02, 2023
My dear ignore the insults of kids in this forum afterall they might be agbadorians... appreciate your employer because they hold u in high esteem...as for me I will feel important if am in your shoe's..they might be testing your loyalty to see if u are deserving of higher responsibility with pay rise..so keep calm and be humble with your boss ...see the calls as fun and it's will stop irritating you...avoid resentment and u will go higher in life
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by mastermind1759(m): 2:33pm On Oct 02, 2023
Anywhere u are working dt affects Ur mental health pls quit..besides u are good enough to get a better offer elsewhere.
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by SonofGod231: 2:34pm On Oct 02, 2023
My own na this big ass batch'B' NYSC chic that just started working at my work place. I no know where dem bring her cum from sef.
When ever she passes or stand every guy is forced to look at her butt. The Thing just make nice kpokom.I think for one reason or the other some bosses brought this chic. On friday though she was just jokingly talking of how her colleagues with cars don't give lifts to those who don't own one and I jumped into the talk,asked where she was staying and decided to give her a ride along. Las las Convo changed for road and she ended up in my house after I had promised to drop her off later. Since then till now the babe no won allow my phone or whatsApp rest. Yesterday,I asked her how she was doing and she said she hasn't been feeling too well she since left my place,that she's feeling sick.
I went for a show yesterday,Joeboy was performing live. This babe gave me 23missed calls. I just don't know how to tell her I am not cut out for any serious relationship ohh.
Coz she's behaving too serious.
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Raf4: 2:34pm On Oct 02, 2023
Those your bosses/employers (proprietors) know how much they are paying to bank(s) every month as loan repayment. They'll rather treat the parents as demigods, because they're the source of income. If any parent vex commot their child(ren) that's fall in revenue. Meanwhile, you staff will get your full pay.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 2:34pm On Oct 02, 2023
fattycoolface:
I guess you guys should just take your stand and let him realize that it is unethical to fault a teacher knowingfully well he/she has done nothing wrong.

If decision can be taken unanimously,I bet you your employer will definitely moderate how he approached issues between the teachers and the parents.

As for the parents,it will definitely tell in their wards cos they(teachers)wouldn't want to scold such students whose parents always lodge complain.

Of course setting up a school is a business but not to dehuman your employee just to please some parents.

If I can not convince other teachers to take our stand on this,I will resign or just teach and leave the students involve with their abnormalities.

That's what I'm trying to do. I am so so passionate about teaching so I try to give my best at any given opportunity. Until every of my learner understands what I'm teaching, I will never be happy with myself. My joy is to see them excel. Teachers used to be demigods but it is no longer so. Private sch teachers are being mistreated by their employers. The oppression from parents is too much to bear
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by olu77(m): 2:35pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:

That moniker is a Male and not a lady. He opened his Nairaland account only just Yesterday 28/9/2023

My advice to you is to address people the way they will like to be addressed. The moniker identified as female but you justified calling her 'bro' just because she created the account yesterday. You did not give her the benefit of doubt. There is another post where the moniker adviser didn't want you to use sir for them but you igonores the request and still went ahead to use same 'sir'
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Mikespecialone(m): 2:36pm On Oct 02, 2023
deewhydoski:

Try to dey take things easy.
What the lady in question said doesn't warrant all those insult you rain on her

But he deserves to be called STUPID because he mistakenly called a she a he abi ?

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by obynokoko: 2:36pm On Oct 02, 2023
I don't think it is wise to quit the job since the only problem is incessant calls from your boss.you can choose to block him in two of your line while also controlling his calls on the remaining line.the summary is to regulate his calls by blocking and unblocking him when necessary.if inquired why you will tell him that you have bad network in your area.your boss will get tired with time
Thank me later if it works
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by berrystunn(m): 2:36pm On Oct 02, 2023
What are your topic of discussions.

Meanwhile how old are you ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is There A Reason As To Why A Bank Should Ask This Question? / Man Dies In Enugu As Foundation At A Construction Site Collapses On Him (Graphic / Lady Who Rehabilitated A Destitute Losses Her Job, See Her Reaction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.