Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

My Boss Calls Me All The Time. - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss Calls Me All The Time. (34818 Views)

My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Fab21: 6:30pm On Oct 02, 2023
@OP, ignore those that are fond of insulting people on this platform.

Back to your question, I experienced similar thing during my service year. But the most important thing is that, don't quit now if you don't have alternative Job at hand to take care of yourself.

During my service year, after school I don't involve in any extra activities; be it school lesson or anything related to school.

I don't even like having conversation with the school proprietor. Mostimes, I greet him and any attempt to create a conversation, I ignore immediately.

He only cares about his school growth. He'll overused you once he noticed that You've potentials.

You said you teach his kids on Saturday and Sundays, you caused this. You should've told him that you've something important you do on Sats and Sundays.

Pls, don't give him a smiling face at all till you get another place. The grass isn't always greener at the other side.
Most of these school proprietors behave like demigods. Go to Ogun State, you'll understand better. . Don't allow him to use you.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 6:30pm On Oct 02, 2023
Ubanz:

What he means is that ur employer is not the one paying your remunerations but the parents.
Do you think the salaries of those 40 something staff would come as at when due if the parents and their wards were not satisfied?

Oga, I'm not sure u know what you're saying. You think any sch will ever grow without the input of good teachers? The way some of u understimate teachers in this counyis really very appalling. I can't fault you, because even your Govt does not place much premium on Education. Ok since the sch owners have built their schools, why can't they become the teachers?
There are no labor laws in this country that is why u see most Employers mistreating their employees
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by primeache: 6:32pm On Oct 02, 2023
You didn't get applause and you received award for best teacher?

You need to think straight first.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Kellie069(m): 6:32pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:

Sure!
He's too emotional about his sch and such is affecting his managerial acumen. I'm beginning to doubt his astuteness as a manager. I'm not an administrative staff, but he's always calling on me to join heads with the management staff and work with them

Exactly! But before I forget , remember to always put yourself first! You know how these pple use their staffs . Best of lucks

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Fab21: 6:33pm On Oct 02, 2023

Back to your question, I experienced similar thing during my service year. But the most important thing is that, don't quit now if you don't have alternative Job at hand to take care of yourself.

During my service year, after school I don't involve in any extra activities; be it school lesson or anything related to school.

I don't even like having conversation with the school proprietor. Mostimes, I greet him and any attempt to create a conversation, I ignore immediately.

He only cares about his school growth. He'll overused you once he noticed that You've potentials.

You said you teach his kids on Saturday and Sundays, you caused this. You should've told him that you've something important you do on Sats and Sundays.

Pls, don't give him a smiling face at all till you get another place. The grass isn't always greener at the other side.
Most of these school proprietors behave like demigods. Go to Ogun State, you'll understand better. . Don't allow him to use you.

I'd have advised you to talk to him as regards the incessant calls but na 9ja we dey, only few reason properly like human being..

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 6:36pm On Oct 02, 2023
Fab21:

Thanks so much for this wise counsel. You have elaborated and expounded so well. Like I stated in my post, I hate been friends with my Boss, I hate to be close to them all, because they don't actually care about you. They only care about their organization. So any Employee who is carried away by the assumption that he/she is liked by Their boss is only living in a fool's paradise. He keeps drawing me closer to himself even when I don't want it. We are from same state though and even from same senatorial zone.

As for those who like to insult people on this platform, I pity them cos it tells a lot about who they truly are

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 6:38pm On Oct 02, 2023
Kellie069:

Exactly! But before I forget , remember to always put yourself first! You know how these pple use their staffs . Best of lucks

Thank so much Sir. I appreciate you
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 6:38pm On Oct 02, 2023
primeache:
You didn't get applause and you received award for best teacher?

You need to think straight first.

Your comprehension skill is so low. Work on yourself first
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 6:40pm On Oct 02, 2023
Savagr:
sorry to say this
You dey do like mumu

Thanks for responding to that boy. Kids are too many on Nairaland now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by primeache: 6:40pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:

Your comprehension skill is so low. Work on yourself first

You that could comprehend, I can only see your daft response.
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 6:41pm On Oct 02, 2023
Kingsean:

hmmm I think you should have just told him you are female. he prolly didn't grab on time. the insults weren't needed since you already gave him a good advice

Needless insult my brother. Kids are now too many on Nairaland
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by CJStarz: 6:41pm On Oct 02, 2023
Your boss is using you to build his school.He'll so milk you dry that before you know it, you've spent a better part of your life working for him and by the time you realized it, you'll look old and dried out,boom!, he frustrates you to the point you're forced to resign on your own. Forget this their fake love.
Time to resign and look for another thing doing is NOW!

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 6:42pm On Oct 02, 2023
shantti:

Wat is wrong with u

I guess that boy is suffering from Dementia
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 6:44pm On Oct 02, 2023
Bizibi:
this is education....well times has changed,if I was told in 1997 that one day people will say parents are right even when the students misbehave I won't believe it.

Times has really changed.

Honestly, times have changed... Education has been relegated so badly. Teachers used to be demigods those days
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by liamjakes247: 6:44pm On Oct 02, 2023
He sees you as a pillar in his school. Be innovative to start initiating some ways you can make money from him or his school. Save and plan on establishing yourself if you’re in edu line

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 6:46pm On Oct 02, 2023
Easyincome24:
If all you mentioned here are true, then you need to ease of the job by resigning.
You can look at personal tutorials since you know how to teach maths.
Most private schools exhibit same trait, if you think you will be treated like an angel elsewhere, that's a big joke.
Also try to improve yourself, as you need more raise financially. I can guess you are still single. To keep a hom, you need to do well than you are earning currently.

Thanks so much. I appreciate. I'm not expecting to be treated as a king anywhere sir. But give respect when you should
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 6:50pm On Oct 02, 2023
FILEBE:

Be more formal in your dealings . If you are displeased with things, don't hide it , find a way to say it. All these you have written may be difficult to say verbally, you could pen it down and send to him.

Your peace of mind supercedes any other thing . If it cost you your peace of mind then something is wrong somewhere.

Not all advices we give here are to be taken, you know what to do. Filter them, imagine them and take the best one . We can never feel your pains the way you do, so , it is easier for us to type with or without emotions .

The most mature advise I've ever received on Nairaland since I joined. Thank u so much Sir. God bless you richly. Bro, if u try to speak out, you'll be misunderstood and himself and wife would start seeing you in bad light. They are very emotional and sentimental about their sch.
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by remzytimer: 6:56pm On Oct 02, 2023
Your boss is trying to make you comfortable, he likes the way you do your job and he's finding you more reliable than other and trying to confined in you, he may not say thank you but the way he's calling you shows and he may still have other plans to appreciate you, just keep doing your work and wait for your rewards, it can come from anywhere.
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by sudeba(m): 7:06pm On Oct 02, 2023
Are your employers Yoruba? Cos they will take away all your joy & berserk u around. They are sometime joy killer. U can't win them my brother, & nothing pleases them even though u gave out one of your kidneys. Better be looking for job elsewhere. Though, no bed of roses in this country again.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by FILEBE(m): 7:11pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:

The most mature advise I've ever received on Nairaland since I joined. Thank u so much Sir. God bless you richly. Bro, if u try to speak out, you'll be misunderstood and himself and wife would start seeing you in bad light. They are very emotional and sentimental about their sch.

Peace of mind is greater than being seen in a bad light . You will just be having a good time and a your phone rings to spoil your mood because you already know what's going to happen .

I still think you should voice out even if you plan on leaving. You owe yourself your peace.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by FILEBE(m): 7:17pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:

Thanks so much Sir. You've spoken so well like an Elder that you are

You are welcome sir.
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by OdefaGirl(f): 7:18pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:

Ok sir. Thanks. But I no longer have my free time or even Privacy. He even engaged me with Weekend private lessons for his two daughters in senior classes. I'm typing from there right now. Lesson is Saturdays and Sundays 2-5pm

Is there special pay for this?

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by LikeAking: 7:18pm On Oct 02, 2023
AmazingELixir:

Youngman schools and learning institutions bears no similarity to customers and sellers or buying and selling....Schools are where characters are moulded and discipline inculcated in the pupils.

It is very irresponsible for parents to take their wards to school to reprimand their teachers when their wards are corrected for unruly conducts it is even worse for proprietors to always take the sides of parents just because they want to keep the students in their school...such is very demoralising for the teachers just as Op captured.

Infact the only basis for any kind of reprimand on the teachers should be assault physical or sexual...any other treatment holds...in our days we saw worse and we turned out far better than what schools produce these days.

I doubt if you a

Most of the parents these days are even educated, exposed, enlightened and even have high moral upbringing than the teachers teaching their kids..

These days parents are not as illiterate as our parents..So it’s very necessary for the parents of these days to set the educational standards not the teachers..

Teachers setting the standards is one of the reasons government schools died along time.

Try and understand… Education is beyond learning through a teacher, discipline, passing exams, etc..

E deep..

Nigerian teachers are the cos of 30% of the nations problems..

Nigerian teachers should only teach the little they can, and never go beyond that.. After all they won’t give any of the students job..

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Savagr(m): 7:20pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:

Thanks for responding to that boy. Kids are too many on Nairaland now
na their way of life
Terrorising the internet 😢
Anyway
More Grace and blessings 🥰

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by AmazingELixir: 7:31pm On Oct 02, 2023
LikeAking:

I doubt if you a

Most of the parents these days are even educated, exposed, enlightened and even have high moral upbringing than the teachers teaching their kids..

These days parents are not as illiterate as our parents..So it’s very necessary for the parents of these days to set the educational standards not the teachers..

Teachers setting the standards is one of the reasons government schools died along time.

Try and understand… Education is beyond learning through a teacher, discipline, passing exams, etc..

E deep..

Nigerian teachers are the cos of 30% of the nations problems..

Nigerian teachers should only teach the little they can, and never go beyond that.. After all they won’t give any of the students job..

Lolzz this guy how long have you been in the moon....better come back to earth.

My advise quickly delete that your post
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Exceed15: 7:36pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:

I think that's what I should do. Each time he calls, my Blood pressure will just rise even before I pick the call. I've lost my peace already. As far as teaching is concerned, I have lots of experience. And can easily get another teaching offer if I quit this.

Seriously!! If it has come this level please leave.
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by LikeAking: 7:36pm On Oct 02, 2023
AmazingELixir:

Lolzz this guy how long have you been in the moon....better come back to earth.

My advise quickly delete that your post

I can’t delete the truth na..

It may be odd but it’s the truth..

Teachers should only teach their little.. Make dem no behave as if the pipkin destiny Dey their hands..

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Godmademan(m): 7:46pm On Oct 02, 2023
The reward for hardwork is more work
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Slurity(m): 8:03pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:
Good day my beautiful people here. Nairaland is my Family because I don't have a physical/Blood-related family and I believe I'll get the appropriate counsel here.

So, I work as a teacher of Mathematics in a Private School. The school is almost 3years since it's establishment while I'm over 2years working there.

My Employers(Husband & wife) are the Best you can ever have as far as the teaching job is concerned. They pay on time and are easygoing people. However, almost all the staff(42 staff) aren't happy with the fact that they give parents and students more concern at the detriment of the staff. As in, you can't get into a conflict with a learner or parent & ever expect to win the case even when it is obvious you're Right.

They allow the parents to decide what goes on in the school. And this isn't going down well with many of the staff. Parents moan a lot when u give them such chance. At a point I had to tell my boss that I was resigning, but he pleaded with me to stay and I stayed. But I'm really getting fed up.

The other thing is his incessant and unsolicited calls. I've worked in Eight schools in four different states of this country & I hate to be friends with my employers cos I have learnt a lot based on my previous experiences.

Such relationship doesn't end well cos I'm always at the receiving end. Truth is, I love the sch so much. The pay is not even up to 40k but I bless God. Aside doing my job, I also advise him on way forward as regards the sch. I even won the Best teacher's award last session.

I feel really uncomfortable with the way he calls me everyday even on weekends and odd hours. I no longer have my Privacy. He calls for very trivial reasons and it's about what I should do, how parents are complaining about some particular issues.

You hardly get applause for been dedicated to work. He is so quick to criticize, but never gives credit when he should. No matter how perfect you are at your job, once there's one little stain on it, it has dented every other good deeds. It's really so demoralizing and we the staff are not happy. There's no staff there that isn't hardworking, so why not overlook a few mistakes? I understand it's Business but his staff are also humans.

At times, I will have to either put off my two phones or put the phones on DND so as to avoid his calls. He has all my three lines. I had to stylishly ask some other close colleagues of mine if they also received such numerous calls form our Boss, but they said No.

So why is mine different?
You are concerned about work that the pay is less than 40k? I think the worst thing that can happen to someone is working as a teacher in a private school.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 8:40pm On Oct 02, 2023
Slurity:
You are concerned about work that the pay is less than 40k? I think the worst thing that can happen to someone is working as a teacher in a private school.

I agree with you. It's a curse to work in a private when you are a young man, cos you can't grow or become successful

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by IyaTola: 8:42pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:

I think that's what I should do. Each time he calls, my Blood pressure will just rise even before I pick the call. I've lost my peace already. As far as teaching is concerned, I have lots of experience. And can easily get another teaching offer if I quit this.
What does your contract states? 9am-5pm or unlimited work hrs. Start by not picking his calls after closing time, he would get the message. I worked in such school and he called around 9:00pm, I didn't pick, she got the message immediately. Learn to draw the line. Start now and while you are at it, start your own business.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is There A Reason As To Why A Bank Should Ask This Question? / Man Dies In Enugu As Foundation At A Construction Site Collapses On Him (Graphic / Lady Who Rehabilitated A Destitute Losses Her Job, See Her Reaction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.