Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,712 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

My Boss Calls Me All The Time. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss Calls Me All The Time. (34804 Views)

My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 12:42pm On Sep 30, 2023
Good day my beautiful people here. Nairaland is my Family because I don't have a physical/Blood-related family and I believe I'll get the appropriate counsel here.

So, I work as a teacher of Mathematics in a Private School. The school is almost 3years since it's establishment while I'm over 2years working there.

My Employers(Husband & wife) are the Best you can ever have as far as the teaching job is concerned. They pay on time and are easygoing people. However, almost all the staff(42 staff) aren't happy with the fact that they give parents and students more concern at the detriment of the staff. As in, you can't get into a conflict with a learner or parent & ever expect to win the case even when it is obvious you're Right.

They allow the parents to decide what goes on in the school. And this isn't going down well with many of the staff. Parents moan a lot when u give them such chance. At a point I had to tell my boss that I was resigning, but he pleaded with me to stay and I stayed. But I'm really getting fed up.

The other thing is his incessant and unsolicited calls. I've worked in Eight schools in four different states of this country & I hate to be friends with my employers cos I have learnt a lot based on my previous experiences.

Such relationship doesn't end well cos I'm always at the receiving end. Truth is, I love the sch so much. The pay is not even up to 40k but I bless God. Aside doing my job, I also advise him on way forward as regards the sch. I even won the Best teacher's award last session.

I feel really uncomfortable with the way he calls me everyday even on weekends and odd hours. I no longer have my Privacy. He calls for very trivial reasons and it's about what I should do, how parents are complaining about some particular issues.

You hardly get applause for been dedicated to work. He is so quick to criticize, but never gives credit when he should. No matter how perfect you are at your job, once there's one little stain on it, it has dented every other good deeds. It's really so demoralizing and we the staff are not happy. There's no staff there that isn't hardworking, so why not overlook a few mistakes? I understand it's Business but his staff are also humans.

At times, I will have to either put off my two phones or put the phones on DND so as to avoid his calls. He has all my three lines. I had to stylishly ask some other close colleagues of mine if they also received such numerous calls form our Boss, but they said No.

So why is mine different?

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Arda1000(m): 12:46pm On Sep 30, 2023
Is your boss gay?

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 12:59pm On Sep 30, 2023
Arda1000:
Is your boss gay?

No... Not at all

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by larryking78(m): 1:01pm On Sep 30, 2023
Just quit n have peace.

31 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Arda1000(m): 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2023
Opanka44:

No... Not at all
so why on Earth does he call his fellow dude who just works for him at odd hours?
If you are a woman then that can be explained but you are a man it baffles me if your boss is not a gay.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by LikeAking: 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2023
Opanka44:
Good day my beautiful people here. Nairaland is my Family because I don't have a physical/Blood-related family and I believe I'll get the appropriate counsel here.

So, I work as a teacher of Mathematics in a Private School. The school is almost 3years since it's establishment while I'm over 2years working there. My Employers(Husband & wife) are the Best you can ever have as far as the teaching job is concerned. They pay on time and are easygoing people. However, almost all the staff(42 staff) aren't happy with the fact that they give parents and students more concern at the detriment of the staff. As in, you can't get into a conflict with a learner or parent & ever expect to win the case even when it is obvious you're Right. They allow the parents to decide what goes on in the school. And this isn't going down well with many of the staff. Parents moan a lot when u give them such chance. At a point I had to tell my boss that I was resigning, but he pleaded with me to stay and I stayed. But I'm really getting fed up.
The other thing is his incessant and unsolicited calls. I've worked in Eight schools in four different states of this country & I hate to be friends with my employers cos I have learnt a lot based on my previous experiences. Such relationship doesn't end well cos I'm always at the receiving end. Truth is, I love the sch so much. The pay is not even up to 40k but I bless God. Aside doing my job, I also advise him on way forward as regards the sch. I even won the Best teacher's award last session.
I feel really uncomfortable with the way he calls me everyday even on weekends and odd hours. I no longer have my Privacy. He calls for very trivial reasons and it's about what I should do, how parents are complaining about some particular issues. You hardly get applause for been dedicated to work. He is so quick to criticize, but never gives credit when he should. No matter how perfect you are at your job, once there's one little stain on it, it has dented every other good deeds. It's really so demoralizing and we the staff are not happy. There's no staff there that isn't hardworking, so why not overlook a few mistakes? I understand it's Business but his staff are also humans.
At times, I will have to either put off my two phones or put the phones on DND so as to avoid his calls. He has all my three lines. I had to stylishly ask some other close colleagues of mine if they also received such numerous calls form our Boss, but they said No. So why is mine different?

In business the customers are the king, in this case they are the parents of the kids..

Try and understand..

Na ya type they kill biz in Nigeria..

The customer is always right, when u open yours you will understand..

For now enjoy ya attention..

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 1:10pm On Sep 30, 2023
LikeAking:

In business the customers are the king, in this case they are the parents of the kids..

Try and understand..

Na ya type they kill biz in Nigeria..

The customer is always right, when u open yours you will understand..

For now enjoy ya attention..

I'm looking forward to a day your comment can ever make a complete sense on this platform. What do u mean by "Na my type go kill people Business" Did u read where I said I won Best Teacher of the year for last session?

125 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by LikeAking: 1:12pm On Sep 30, 2023
Opanka44:

I'm looking forward to a day your comment can ever make a complete sense on this platform. What do u mean by "Na my type go kill people Business" Did u read where I said I won Best Teacher of the year for last session?

Continue with ya ignorance..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 1:12pm On Sep 30, 2023
larryking78:
Just quit n have peace.

I think that's what I should do. Each time he calls, my Blood pressure will just rise even before I pick the call. I've lost my peace already. As far as teaching is concerned, I have lots of experience. And can easily get another teaching offer if I quit this.

26 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 1:14pm On Sep 30, 2023
LikeAking:

Continue with ya ignorance..

Oga fuckoff. You're intellectually and mentally unfit to offer counsel to any sensible person

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by preekahantas(f): 1:23pm On Sep 30, 2023
Never show your Nigerian employer all your skills.
Show only those in your JD otherwise they will load you with 3 staff responsibilities for same pay.

109 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by LikeAking: 1:24pm On Sep 30, 2023
Opanka44:

Oga fuckoff. You're intellectually and mentally unfit to offer counsel to any sensible person

I wonder wetin you Dey teach those children..

Continue feeding on ignorance..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 1:42pm On Sep 30, 2023
LikeAking:

I wonder wetin you Dey teach those children..

Continue feeding on ignorance..

You're as senseless and ignorant as anything u can imagine. Since some of u here cannot comment without insulting someone. I have asked u what u meant by saying " Na my type dey kill person Business"
If u didn't have a Sensible comment to make, why didn't u just shut up? Someone who is a killer of people's businesses wouldn't have won the Best Teachers award. Use ur head.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 1:44pm On Sep 30, 2023
preekahantas:
Never show your Nigerian employer all your skills.
Show only those in your JD otherwise they will load you with 3 staff responsibilities for same pay.

You're correct Bro. I'm not even a management staff, yet he overburdens me administrative tasks. It's saddening

13 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by preekahantas(f): 2:07pm On Sep 30, 2023
Opanka44:

You're correct Bro. I'm not even a management staff, yet he overburdens me administrative tasks. It's saddening

Who is your bro?
You are very stupid.
I pray your proprietor finishes you patapata with work.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2023
preekahantas:

Who is your bro?
You are very stupid.
I pray your proprietor finishes you patapata with work.

What have I done to deserve such response. U insulted me for calling you Bro?

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by preekahantas(f): 2:14pm On Sep 30, 2023
Opanka44:

What have I done to deserve such response. U insulted me for calling you Bro?

You have no respect.
I can see why your employer is punishing you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Flamez01: 2:20pm On Sep 30, 2023
Boss if u have a problem with your proprietor, then discuss it with him. However, if the man refuses to adjust, resign!
U are on Nairaland o, dem no too send like that grin grin grin
After all, subsidy is gone!!!

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Dubetex96(m): 2:22pm On Sep 30, 2023
The way una take dey insult person for this forum is very bad .someone is seeking for advice and guidance but some people are busy shading him with despicable comments.

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Jagabanofafrica: 2:40pm On Sep 30, 2023
I understand you bro, all private schools are the same. If u leave for another, can u predict what u will face challenges in ur new school.

Bro be patient and endure till when u will get a new better offer.

11 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Clinghton: 2:47pm On Sep 30, 2023
Blessing comes in disguise, he sees you as the pillar of that school remember how he persuaded you not to resign.

Use his special interest in you to your advantage.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Vinnie2000(m): 2:56pm On Sep 30, 2023
OP, that's the way in Nigeria's Private Sector! ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚

USE, USE and Keeping USING the SMART/CAPABLE Employee!๐Ÿ™

The Man has seen that You have Great Professional Abilities and as a Shrewd Employer,
He will USE you to the Maximum!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜•

Continue Being USED until you find a Govt Job or become BRAVE enough to Open ur own Business!๐Ÿ™

Being Used and Getting Cash in your Pocket is Far BETTER
than Begging others for Money or Depending on Social media Give aways.๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

16 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Vinnie2000(m): 3:00pm On Sep 30, 2023
Dubetex96:
The way una take dey insult person for this forum is very bad .someone is seeking for advice and guidance but some people are busy shading him with despicable comments.

Lolss, he has time to Respond.๐Ÿ˜•

Me When I Hit you with a KGB VERBAL Missile, ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

If you Like Reply with 200 Insults, I Just IGNORE. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Dubetex96(m): 3:02pm On Sep 30, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Lolss, he has time to Respond.๐Ÿ˜•
Me When I Hit you with a KGB VERBAL Missile, ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„
If you Like Reply with 200 Insults, I Just IGNORE. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

lmoa KGB verbal missile

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by BloomingDale(f): 3:03pm On Sep 30, 2023
Opanka44:

I think that's what I should do. Each time he calls, my Blood pressure will just rise even before I pick the call. I've lost my peace already. As far as teaching is concerned, I have lots of experience. And can easily get another teaching offer if I quit this.

Just block his phone number on all three numbers and get an official phone number, or dedicate one of those three numbers as your official phone number, give that to him and have it on only during official hours and permanently block his phone number on the other two.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by AgentGoat: 3:14pm On Sep 30, 2023
I must confess, i no fit read this story.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 4:54pm On Sep 30, 2023
BloomingDale:

Just block his phone number on all three numbers and get an official phone number, or dedicate one of those three numbers as your official phone number, give that to him and have it on only during official hours and permanently block his phone number on the other two.

Wow.. thanks so much my dear. I really appreciate your Wise counsel. Honestly I don't know if any Nairalander has been in such situation before. It's so painful.

7 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 4:54pm On Sep 30, 2023
AgentGoat:
I must confess, i no fit read this story.

Why na... E too long?
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 5:00pm On Sep 30, 2023
Vinnie2000:

OP, that's the way in Nigeria's Private Sector! ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚

USE, USE and Keeping USING the SMART/CAPABLE Employee!๐Ÿ™

The Man has seen that You have Great Professional Abilities and as a Shrewd Employer,
He will USE you to the Maximum!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜•

Continue Being USED until you find a Govt Job or become BRAVE enough to Open ur own Business!๐Ÿ™

Being Used and Getting Cash in your Pocket is Far BETTER
than Begging others for Money or Depending on Social media Give aways.๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

You're completely correct. He has seen the potentials in me so he's exploring them without commensurate incentives and renumeration. I'm not even an administrative staff, yet ne continues to indulge me in adminisstrative duties. He will call me on Saturdays to come interview Job applicants, go represent the school at official functions, Be the MC in our school's occasions like end of the year/term party. I will anchor PTA meetings. We are almost 50 staff there and I'm almost the youngest in age

11 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 5:02pm On Sep 30, 2023
Clinghton:
Blessing comes in disguise, he sees you as the pillar of that school remember how he persuaded you not to resign.

Use his special interest in you to your advantage.

Ok sir. Thanks. But I no longer have my free time or even Privacy. He even engaged me with Weekend private lessons for his two daughters in senior classes. I'm typing from there right now. Lesson is Saturdays and Sundays 2-5pm
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 5:05pm On Sep 30, 2023
Jagabanofafrica:
I understand you bro, all private schools are the same. If u leave for another, can u predict what u will face challenges in ur new school.

Bro be patient and endure till when u will get a new better offer.

Ok Sir, thanks. I appreciate. He even engaged me for weekend private lessons for his two daughters in SS classes. Saturdays and Sundays 2-5pm.
I don't have a single day of rest in my life right now except weekdays that are public holidays like Monday next week when there will be no school nor weekend lesson. But trust me, he'll still call me on that Monday for one thing or the other

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 5:08pm On Sep 30, 2023
Dubetex96:

My Brother, the trend is worrisome. I made a simple post and some had to insult me for no just reason. The kids on Nairaland are becoming too many now. The inventors of this platform must quickly do something about this. Let's have an Option to Block some of these kids pls

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is There A Reason As To Why A Bank Should Ask This Question? / Man Dies In Enugu As Foundation At A Construction Site Collapses On Him (Graphic / Lady Who Rehabilitated A Destitute Losses Her Job, See Her Reaction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.