Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,492 members, 7,816,163 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

My Boss Calls Me All The Time. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss Calls Me All The Time. (34814 Views)

My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 5:09pm On Sep 30, 2023
Flamez01:
Boss if u have a problem with your proprietor, then discuss it with him. However, if the man refuses to adjust, resign!
U are on Nairaland o, dem no too send like that grin grin grin
After all, subsidy is gone!!!

I've told him about some of the issues I raised here... Thing is, I can't change him. His wife also manages the sch with him and u know how women are
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 5:11pm On Sep 30, 2023
preekahantas:

You have no respect.
I can see why your employer is punishing you.

You're a dunce

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Dubetex96(m): 5:11pm On Sep 30, 2023
Opanka44:

My Brother, the trend is worrisome. I made a simple post and some had to insult me for no just reason. The kids on Nairaland are becoming too many now. The inventors of this platform must quickly do something about this. Let's have an Option to Block some of these kids pls

It is very bad and it keep increasing on daily basis

3 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 5:16pm On Sep 30, 2023
preekahantas:

Who is your bro?
You are very stupid.
I pray your proprietor finishes you patapata with work.

You're the most stupid and senseless living being on this platform. Your attitude is appalling, terrible and childish. You are ill-mannered, uncultured, and a dunce. You lack social decorum. For you to have opened that your maggot-infested and gutterlike mouth to insult me in such a despicable manner shows how disrespectful you are.
Who insults someone for addressing him as "Bro"
You're extra stupid

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 5:20pm On Sep 30, 2023
Dubetex96:

It is very bad and it keep increasing on daily basis

Can u imagine that, I thanked someone for the advice he gave me on this thread. I addressed him as "Bro" in same comment. But I was shocked when this guy referred to me as Stupid for calling him bro.
I had to politely ask him why he called me Stupid, but he never replied. I waited for two hours, no reply. So I decided to fire back at him. Nobody has a monopoly of violence. Pls don't ever be quiet whenever any idiot insults u here, hit back at them instantly

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by deewhydoski(m): 5:58pm On Sep 30, 2023
Opanka44:

Can u imagine that, I thanked someone for the advice he gave me on this thread. I addressed him as "Bro" in same comment. But I was shocked when this guy referred to me as Stupid for calling him bro.
I had to politely ask him why he called me Stupid, but he never replied. I waited for two hours, no reply. So I decided to fire back at him. Nobody has a monopoly of violence. Pls don't ever be quiet whenever any idiot insults u here, hit back at them instantly
Try to dey take things easy.
What the lady in question said doesn't warrant all those insult you rain on her

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Bakrabas: 6:25pm On Sep 30, 2023
Opanka44:
Good day my beautiful people here. Nairaland is my Family because I don't have a physical/Blood-related family and I believe I'll get the appropriate counsel here.

So, I work as a teacher of Mathematics in a Private School. The school is almost 3years since it's establishment while I'm over 2years working there. My Employers(Husband & wife) are the Best you can ever have as far as the teaching job is concerned. They pay on time and are easygoing people. However, almost all the staff(42 staff) aren't happy with the fact that they give parents and students more concern at the detriment of the staff. As in, you can't get into a conflict with a learner or parent & ever expect to win the case even when it is obvious you're Right. They allow the parents to decide what goes on in the school. And this isn't going down well with many of the staff. Parents moan a lot when u give them such chance. At a point I had to tell my boss that I was resigning, but he pleaded with me to stay and I stayed. But I'm really getting fed up.
The other thing is his incessant and unsolicited calls. I've worked in Eight schools in four different states of this country & I hate to be friends with my employers cos I have learnt a lot based on my previous experiences. Such relationship doesn't end well cos I'm always at the receiving end. Truth is, I love the sch so much. The pay is not even up to 40k but I bless God. Aside doing my job, I also advise him on way forward as regards the sch. I even won the Best teacher's award last session.
I feel really uncomfortable with the way he calls me everyday even on weekends and odd hours. I no longer have my Privacy. He calls for very trivial reasons and it's about what I should do, how parents are complaining about some particular issues. You hardly get applause for been dedicated to work. He is so quick to criticize, but never gives credit when he should. No matter how perfect you are at your job, once there's one little stain on it, it has dented every other good deeds. It's really so demoralizing and we the staff are not happy. There's no staff there that isn't hardworking, so why not overlook a few mistakes? I understand it's Business but his staff are also humans.
At times, I will have to either put off my two phones or put the phones on DND so as to avoid his calls. He has all my three lines. I had to stylishly ask some other close colleagues of mine if they also received such numerous calls form our Boss, but they said No. So why is mine different?

During the working hour put on your phone after the working hour block his line. Do only on working hours you should unblock him.

Furthermore, as regard your school parents, you can gladly decide whose call to pick especially outside the working hours

I know very much what's your going through brother... May God bless us with our businesses with many stream of income

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by preekahantas(f): 6:25pm On Sep 30, 2023
Opanka44:

You're the most stupid and senseless living being on this platform. Your attitude is appalling, terrible and childish. You are ill-mannered, uncultured, and a dunce. You lack social decorum. For you to have opened that your maggot-infested and gutterlike mouth to insult me in such a despicable manner shows how disrespectful you are.
Who insults someone for addressing him as "Bro"
You're extra stupid

All these English and you earn 40k.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by illicit(m): 6:48pm On Sep 30, 2023
Opanka44:

I've told him about some of the issues I raised here... Thing is, I can't change him. His wife also manages the sch with him and u know how women are

Have another meeting with him

Tell him particularly about the calls

Don't take up offers that are not to your advantage

It's a job not a marriage

I was almost in your situation sometimes ago but I always speak my mind and my boss listens

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 9:01pm On Sep 30, 2023
Bakrabas:

During the working hour put on your phone after the working hour block his line. Do only on working hours you should unblock him.

Furthermore, as regard your school parents, you can gladly decide whose call to pick especially outside the working hours

I know very much what's your going through brother... May God bless us with our businesses with many stream of income

Amen . Thanks so much Sir
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 9:02pm On Sep 30, 2023
deewhydoski:

Kindly show me what you know she said that didn't warrant the insult

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 9:07pm On Sep 30, 2023
deewhydoski:

Someone said this to me and u said she didn't deserve to be insulted back? You must be joking Sir

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 9:09pm On Sep 30, 2023
preekahantas:

All these English and you earn 40k.

Go and tell your mama to give me a better job
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by preekahantas(f): 10:19pm On Sep 30, 2023
Opanka44:

Go and tell your mama to give me a better job

I just finished speaking with your Proprietor to give you hell. Prepare for a tough ember period!
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 11:01pm On Sep 30, 2023
deewhydoski:

That moniker is a Male and not a lady. He opened his Nairaland account only just Yesterday 28/9/2023

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Storypot: 1:18am On Oct 01, 2023
Opanka44:
Good day my beautiful people here. Nairaland is my Family because I don't have a physical/Blood-related family and I believe I'll get the appropriate counsel here.

So, I work as a teacher of Mathematics in a Private School. The school is almost 3years since it's establishment while I'm over 2years working there. My Employers(Husband & wife) are the Best you can ever have as far as the teaching job is concerned. They pay on time and are easygoing people. However, almost all the staff(42 staff) aren't happy with the fact that they give parents and students more concern at the detriment of the staff. As in, you can't get into a conflict with a learner or parent & ever expect to win the case even when it is obvious you're Right. They allow the parents to decide what goes on in the school. And this isn't going down well with many of the staff. Parents moan a lot when u give them such chance. At a point I had to tell my boss that I was resigning, but he pleaded with me to stay and I stayed. But I'm really getting fed up.
The other thing is his incessant and unsolicited calls. I've worked in Eight schools in four different states of this country & I hate to be friends with my employers cos I have learnt a lot based on my previous experiences. Such relationship doesn't end well cos I'm always at the receiving end. Truth is, I love the sch so much. The pay is not even up to 40k but I bless God. Aside doing my job, I also advise him on way forward as regards the sch. I even won the Best teacher's award last session.
I feel really uncomfortable with the way he calls me everyday even on weekends and odd hours. I no longer have my Privacy. He calls for very trivial reasons and it's about what I should do, how parents are complaining about some particular issues. You hardly get applause for been dedicated to work. He is so quick to criticize, but never gives credit when he should. No matter how perfect you are at your job, once there's one little stain on it, it has dented every other good deeds. It's really so demoralizing and we the staff are not happy. There's no staff there that isn't hardworking, so why not overlook a few mistakes? I understand it's Business but his staff are also humans.
At times, I will have to either put off my two phones or put the phones on DND so as to avoid his calls. He has all my three lines. I had to stylishly ask some other close colleagues of mine if they also received such numerous calls form our Boss, but they said No. So why is mine different?

It's only in Nigeria that someone that earns less than 40k has two phones.
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 6:29am On Oct 01, 2023
Storypot:

It's only in Nigeria that someone that earns less than 40k has two phones.

Stop Judging people by your standards. Everyone is not like you. Work on your Mentality and mindset cos you're extremely misguided

4 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Jagabanofafrica: 10:25am On Oct 01, 2023
Opanka44:

Ok Sir, thanks. I appreciate. He even engaged me for weekend private lessons for his two daughters in SS classes. Saturdays and Sundays 2-5pm.
I don't have a single day of rest in my life right now except weekdays that are public holidays like Monday next week when there will be no school nor weekend lesson. But trust me, he'll still call me on that Monday for one thing or the other

You are hard working man, God will favour you

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 12:55pm On Oct 01, 2023
Jagabanofafrica:

You are hard working man, God will favour you

A big Ameen sir. I'm so so grateful for these kind words Bro. God bless you and increase you in all indices and strata of your endeavors.πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by wittywriter: 9:30pm On Oct 01, 2023
Opanka44:

A big Ameen sir. I'm so so grateful for these kind words Bro. God bless you and increase you in all indices and strata of your endeavors.πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
Try register on ulesson for remote teaching opportunity.
Opanka44:

Ok Sir. Thanks
Fixed.
Thank me with a success quote later.

lolaluv1:

I don't access to the email registered to my NL account at the moment. Please leave your email and I will reach out to you.
@Opanka44 seems likely not wanting to drop email on this thread so maybe you should consider another way like communication on a dead thread then delete information afterwards.

Wittyness

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 9:34pm On Oct 01, 2023
wittywriter:

Try register on ulesson for remote teaching opportunity.

Wittyness

Ok Sir. Thanks
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Bluezy13(m): 2:13pm On Oct 02, 2023
Clinghton:
Blessing comes in disguise, he sees you as the pillar of that school remember how he persuaded you not to resign.

Use his special interest in you to your advantage.

Stop deceiving him.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Kajaard: 2:13pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:

You're as senseless and ignorant as anything u can imagine. Since some of u here cannot comment without insulting someone. I have asked u what u meant by saying " Na my type dey kill person Business"
If u didn't have a Sensible comment to make, why didn't u just shut up? Someone who is a killer of people's businesses wouldn't have won the Best Teachers award. Use ur head.

Ever heard of the word IGNORE? You don't need to respond to all comments.

Your response gives everyone a very negative notion about you. There was absolutely no need to respond to that commenter with insults.

6 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by achorladey: 2:15pm On Oct 02, 2023
Sole proprietorship business and wahala. Once they see assets like this, It will be as if they will give you the whole thing as inheritance when they die. Some boss are like that and you have the power to pick calls anyway. When you deliberately ignore calls during those odd hours. Your boss will adjust and understand grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Mike008(m): 2:15pm On Oct 02, 2023
I think it's just a tactic to keep you grounded.
You seem indispensable to him.
Map out your goals and pursue them, even if it means leaving the school.
You seem to be an outstanding teacher, you can aim higher, pursue higher qualifications, and seek better teaching opportunities elsewhere instead of settling for less.
There are good schools that pay really high. Just acquire the relevant qualifications, and with your experience you are good to go.

4 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Donemmy(m): 2:16pm On Oct 02, 2023
Bless you [quote1 author=Clinghton post=126109149]Blessing comes in disguise, he sees you as the pillar of that school remember how he persuaded you not to resign.

Use his special interest in you to your advantage.[/quote]
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 2:16pm On Oct 02, 2023
Kajaard:

Ever heard of the word IGNORE? You don't need to respond to all comments.

Your response gives everyone a very negative notion about you. There was absolutely no need to respond to that commenter with insults.

Alright Sir. I also thought as much. I shouldn't have. I'm sorry pls. I sincerely appreciate your Wise counsel. More Grace sir

3 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by LockDown69(m): 2:16pm On Oct 02, 2023
It's high time you look for another line of work.
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by chi4ik4(m): 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2023
preekahantas:
Never show your Nigerian employer all your skills.
Show only those in your JD otherwise they will load you with 3 staff responsibilities for same pay.
I don't do such to my staff rather I add additional pay to them if they are willing to.
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Kajaard: 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:

Alright Sir. I also thought as much. I shouldn't have. I'm sorry pls. I sincerely appreciate your Wise counsel. More Grace sir

No worries chief.

Now to answer your question: just be patient bro. Employers are like that once they see someone good in the job and one they can confide in. Unfortunately most Nigerian employers misuse that opportunity and end up overworking the staff.

Just be patient till you get another job. I know you are already fed up but never you resign without another job in place.

If this was in the western world where people behave and think like humans I would have advised you to talk to your boss and tell him to limit the way he calls you after work hours but knowing your boss is a nigerian I know he will take it as an insult and start having bad belle for you.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by ussv: 2:19pm On Oct 02, 2023
Dubetex96:
The way una take dey insult person for this forum is very bad .someone is seeking for advice and guidance but some people are busy shading him with despicable comments.
Nairaland is a place of insult. It`s a pity that nothing is done to censor errant nairalanders. I could even be insulted for even writing this now.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Bluezy13(m): 2:19pm On Oct 02, 2023
And someone was fired 30mins ago for failing to show up in school lesson for the SS3 to teach his subject during his period today which is public holiday.

Just 30mins ago.
Poor fellow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is There A Reason As To Why A Bank Should Ask This Question? / Man Dies In Enugu As Foundation At A Construction Site Collapses On Him (Graphic / Lady Who Rehabilitated A Destitute Losses Her Job, See Her Reaction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.