Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

My Boss Calls Me All The Time. - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss Calls Me All The Time. (34808 Views)

My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Savagr(m): 3:59pm On Oct 02, 2023
preekahantas:

You have no respect.
I can see why your employer is punishing you.
sorry to say this
You dey do like mumu

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Kingsean(m): 4:04pm On Oct 02, 2023
preekahantas:

Who is your bro?
You are very stupid.
I pray your proprietor finishes you patapata with work.

hmmm I think you should have just told him you are female. he prolly didn't grab on time. the insults weren't needed since you already gave him a good advice

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by shantti(m): 4:14pm On Oct 02, 2023
preekahantas:

Who is your bro?
You are very stupid.
I pray your proprietor finishes you patapata with work.

Wat is wrong with u

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Bizibi(m): 4:16pm On Oct 02, 2023
LikeAking:

In business the customers are the king, in this case they are the parents of the kids..

Try and understand..

Na ya type they kill biz in Nigeria..

The customer is always right, when u open yours you will understand..

For now enjoy ya attention..

this is education....well times has changed,if I was told in 1997 that one day people will say parents are right even when the students misbehave I won't believe it.

Times has really changed.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by shantti(m): 4:28pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:

Can u imagine that, I thanked someone for the advice he gave me on this thread. I addressed him as "Bro" in same comment. But I was shocked when this guy referred to me as Stupid for calling him bro.
I had to politely ask him why he called me Stupid, but he never replied. I waited for two hours, no reply. So I decided to fire back at him. Nobody has a monopoly of violence. Pls don't ever be quiet whenever any idiot insults u here, hit back at them instantly

Don't be angry with him
Maybe he identifies as a condom and not a man

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Easyincome24: 4:30pm On Oct 02, 2023
If all you mentioned here are true, then you need to ease of the job by resigning.
You can look at personal tutorials since you know how to teach maths.
Most private schools exhibit same trait, if you think you will be treated like an angel elsewhere, that's a big joke.
Also try to improve yourself, as you need more raise financially. I can guess you are still single. To keep a hom, you need to do well than you are earning currently.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by jaxxy(m): 4:32pm On Oct 02, 2023
Oluwadare316:

Some private schools will not even allow corpers to discipline the students and the permanent staff will be expecting corpers they are treating as inferior to work like them. So many things are wrong even in other sectors too.May God save us🙏❤

there are various methods and levels of correction. The school should explain them and the guidelines.

I once thought foreign students as a private tutor and if u know them u can discipline them, not even their parents could discipline them. I complain to their parents about the behaviour of the kids and their response was "that's why we hired u" i was confused.

so I got back to the drawing board and form a good teacher and student bond with these kids to the point the kids listen to me better than their parents. Their grades improved drastically and the parents kept asking for me to continue teaching them bt I had other engagements later.

I achieved all this without shouting or seriously disciplining the children cos they won't even listen to u.

So my point is there are different ways to handle students. u need to explore various options. u can't use the hard method everytime.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 4:38pm On Oct 02, 2023
shantti:

Don't be angry with him
Maybe he identifies as a condom and not a man

Ok Sir. Thanks.
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by DestinyNigga: 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:

No... Not at all

You don't need to switch off ur phone because of him. Whenever he called u in odd hour, don't pick the call. When he eventually ask you the next day, tell him that you slept off. When he called u another time, don't pick. If he ask again, tell him that you forgot ur phone in ur friend place. If you keep giving him excuses he will stop disturbing u with unnecessary calls.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Buffalo2(m): 4:40pm On Oct 02, 2023
The best thing is to leave immediately for your sanity sake cos he will soon drive you crazy and sack you. He calls just give you a fake sense of belonging, monitor you and to make you stay put since you are one of the best hands around. Just tell Them that you want to continue your education on full time basis. shikenna.
How on earth will you be getting less than 40k as salary and you said that they are cool guys to work with? My brother before you realize it eh it will be too late and they will find one small useless reason to kick you out of the system. I can see that you are an intelligent guy from your write up. Please, I am begging you in the name of anything you believe in and for the sake of your future LEAVE THE GADDEM ENVIRONMENT, repackage yourself and start applying to big schools if you want to continue as a teacher. Those working in top-rated schools are not in anyway better than you my brother.
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Opanka44(m): 4:42pm On Oct 02, 2023
DestinyNigga:

You don't need to switch off ur phone because of him. Whenever he called u in odd hour, don't pick the call. When he eventually ask you the next day, tell him that you slept off. When he called u another time, don't pick. If he ask again, tell him that you forgot ur phone in ur friend place. If you keep giving him excuses he will stop disturbing u with unnecessary calls.

This is what I've been doing. I have run out of exxuses
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by AmazingELixir: 4:48pm On Oct 02, 2023
LikeAking:

In business the customers are the king, in this case they are the parents of the kids..

Try and understand..

Youngman schools and learning institutions bears no similarity to customers and sellers or buying and selling....Schools are where characters are moulded and discipline inculcated in the pupils.

It is very irresponsible for parents to take their wards to school to reprimand their teachers when their wards are corrected for unruly conducts it is even worse for proprietors to always take the sides of parents just because they want to keep the students in their school...such is very demoralising for the teachers just as Op captured.

Infact the only basis for any kind of reprimand on the teachers should be assault physical or sexual...any other treatment holds...in our days we saw worse and we turned out far better than what schools produce these days.
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by tunddy(m): 4:52pm On Oct 02, 2023
Just leave the school and get another school to teach to have peace of mind
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by IamAtikulate: 4:53pm On Oct 02, 2023
preekahantas:

All these English and you earn 40k.
This is not necessary
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by 1Dray(m): 5:01pm On Oct 02, 2023
larryking78:
Just quit n have peace.

You go give am job?
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by indoorlove(m): 5:01pm On Oct 02, 2023
preekahantas:
Never show your Nigerian employer all your skills.
Show only those in your JD otherwise they will load you with 3 staff responsibilities for same pay.
This very correct. I believe you're speaking from experience
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by tallfish145(m): 5:15pm On Oct 02, 2023
LikeAking:

Continue with ya ignorance..
your talk no make sense at all. So u want him to die for another man's job?
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by mariahAngel(f): 5:30pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:

I think that's what I should do. Each time he calls, my Blood pressure will just rise even before I pick the call. I've lost my peace already.
As far as teaching is concerned, I have lots of experience. And can easily get another teaching offer if I quit this.

You made yourself too available to him, and so now, he feels he owns you.
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Emyogalanya: 5:45pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:

What have I done to deserve such response. U insulted me for calling you Bro?
Thats a female not male the bro upset her
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Kowolab: 5:46pm On Oct 02, 2023
This forum is called nairaland.....but ironically is projecting itself as a frustrationland. A lot of people out of frustration would just be paranoid.... transferring aggression on other poeple. To keep your sanity ,you would need to turn deaf hears and blind eyes to some comments or response on this forum.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Emyogalanya: 5:47pm On Oct 02, 2023
preekahantas:

You have no respect.
I can see why your employer is punishing you.
Take it easy na he mistook you for a male is it not Obviouse
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by djon78(m): 5:49pm On Oct 02, 2023
LikeAking:

Try and understand..

So this is the only advice you will give him?

Nawao for the kind comments I read on this platform

Reasoning level dey oo

Op I believe you are doing a great job
But your employer is behaving like a typical Nigerian employer

They know how to use workers
But they don't give credit where it's due
They also don't even pay well

Like one HR adviser I read his thoughts on line said
Use the Time you are working on a not rewarding and tasking job to develop and improve yourself

In no distant time
A better paying rewarding job will come

Keep on improving yourself
And also aim/seek for a better job

Take the stress as a preparatory times
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Olawade24: 5:53pm On Oct 02, 2023
Last355:

Hmm, Laban and Jacob comes to mind. Just endure, his two daughters may be your Leah and Rachel. Or don't you like what you see grin
Last last na kpomo go kill you. Orue!!!
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by TIJAY01: 5:53pm On Oct 02, 2023
Good evening bro, it happens like that in most organisation when your boss identity you with the charisma to solve problem, it is actually not too bad because it gives you some edge or advantage whenever opportunity present itself like for higher position.
But your boss should try to balance it will some reward , that is how it is done.
My advise to you is that do not resign, all the work load is a sign that you are useful and value in the school maybe you can negotiate for more renumeration.
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by FILEBE(m): 6:00pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:

Ok sir. Thanks. But I no longer have my free time or even Privacy. He even engaged me with Weekend private lessons for his two daughters in senior classes. I'm typing from there right now. Lesson is Saturdays and Sundays 2-5pm

Be more formal in your dealings . If you are displeased with things, don't hide it , find a way to say it. All these you have written may be difficult to say verbally, you could pen it down and send to him.

Your peace of mind supercedes any other thing . If it cost you your peace of mind then something is wrong somewhere.

Not all advices we give here are to be taken, you know what to do. Filter them, imagine them and take the best one . We can never feel your pains the way you do, so , it is easier for us to type with or without emotions .

1 Like

Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Adebowalay(m): 6:00pm On Oct 02, 2023
Pls where is the school located, I like to Enrol my son, that's the kind of business owners i like to deal with, where i can actually have a say
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Puss360(f): 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2023
Dubetex96:
The way una take dey insult person for this forum is very bad .someone is seeking for advice and guidance but some people are busy shading him with despicable comments.
Noo.. it's normal .. You all can see that's majority of Nigerians are very uncultured and have no manners...
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Adebowalay(m): 6:05pm On Oct 02, 2023
Pls where is the school located, I like to Enrol my son, that's the kind of business owners i like to deal with, where i can actually have a say🙄
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by Ubanz: 6:11pm On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:

I'm looking forward to a day your comment can ever make a complete sense on this platform. What do u mean by "Na my type go kill people Business" Did u read where I said I won Best Teacher of the year for last session?
What he means is that ur employer is not the one paying your remunerations but the parents.
Do you think the salaries of those 40 something staff would come as at when due if the parents and their wards were not satisfied?
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by darlenese(f): 6:11pm On Oct 02, 2023
You have a problem, you are not nice, if you know what it takes to groom a business you won't be sounding like this. You boss is doing the right thing by managing the parents to his best of his ability. I'm school business you have to he diplomatic
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by deewhydoski(m): 6:16pm On Oct 02, 2023
Kingsean:

are you kidding? or are you just trying to win the lady over?
Win a lady over on a faceless forum, I am a married man and I no dey follow anything under skirt.
Re: My Boss Calls Me All The Time. by KaptainAfrika: 6:26pm On Oct 02, 2023
What are your physical ASSets ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is There A Reason As To Why A Bank Should Ask This Question? / Man Dies In Enugu As Foundation At A Construction Site Collapses On Him (Graphic / Lady Who Rehabilitated A Destitute Losses Her Job, See Her Reaction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.