Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,103 members, 7,835,725 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! (19215 Views)

How Can I Handle My Younger Brother / How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years / How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by SALIMAN(m): 2:05pm On Oct 03, 2023
It's. Well , bruh not all that glitters is gold , u will be managing .not throwing your situation on the net , seek God's intervention . NL is a divine problem solving medium
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by FireUpNow(m): 2:05pm On Oct 03, 2023
You get mind oo. You have the gut to call your father an irresponsible man. Na wa . You must be a complete irre (irresponsible son too)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 03, 2023
Your father is not irresponsible but is poor. Please know the difference, may God continue to help your father

1 Like

Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by chosky2589(m): 2:07pm On Oct 03, 2023
victooman:
Since l was born, since l got to know my father it has been one complain to the other..
There was never anytime he have money or have the financial strength to Carry out any family responsibility .
After struggling to finish University with no any job l started Pos business were l am managing myself,, the constant demand is killing my business ..
Today my mother called me that my sister is about to be enrolled into secondary school and the total amount for registration is 25k, l called my dad and told him that l will try raising 15k and they should complete the remaining 10k, he started complaining on how he doesn't have money and haven't eaten since yesterday,, in fact l am tired dear Nairalanders,
Bro calm down and understand with him, I'm in this shoe with you!
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Jydo2000: 2:07pm On Oct 03, 2023
Just leave that man alone and do your best, people like usually live very long cos they don't care about anything in life.
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by DJInfluence: 2:08pm On Oct 03, 2023
Unclebayo:
Some fathers are not always father
and some can be classified as sperm donors only.

1 Like

Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Dollywood(m): 2:15pm On Oct 03, 2023
Beat the shit out of him. That's the best advise you'd ever get.
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by TonyBby: 2:15pm On Oct 03, 2023
First of all, you gotta go meet yo' papa, man to man and know what are his plans for yo' sister cause if you continue like this you won't be able to gather any profits as backup for your own self, and any attempt to keep footing your family bills, i promise you yo' papa will see's it as yo' responsibility and will stop doing anything for the family cause he's been waiting for moments like that. I hope your lil sis is the last born?, cause if she ain't bro!!!! you have a very long way to go. Make sure you guys provide her with her basic amenities, reason why am keen on her (she's a girl). You should understand better, i don't need to crack it deep.
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Ozioma06(f): 2:18pm On Oct 03, 2023
cry
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by akwesenana: 2:19pm On Oct 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
They will probably get back to him with excuses as to how they used it for something other than the kids school fees. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
What do you suggest he does?
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Kobojunkie: 2:21pm On Oct 03, 2023
akwesenana:
■ What do you suggest he does?
There isn't much Op can do about about irresponsible father except focus his energy on getting his siblings away from such a man and wife. undecided
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by AyobamiIsaac12: 2:22pm On Oct 03, 2023
victooman:
Since l was born, since l got to know my father it has been one complain to the other..
There was never anytime he have money or have the financial strength to Carry out any family responsibility .
After struggling to finish University with no any job l started Pos business were l am managing myself,, the constant demand is killing my business ..
Today my mother called me that my sister is about to be enrolled into secondary school and the total amount for registration is 25k, l called my dad and told him that l will try raising 15k and they should complete the remaining 10k, he started complaining on how he doesn't have money and haven't eaten since yesterday,, in fact l am tired dear Nairalanders,
It's not a must she gets enrolled in a private secondary school, there are government schools she can attend with little to no fees.

1 Like

Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:25pm On Oct 03, 2023
victooman:
How old is your Father
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by kennethesan(m): 2:28pm On Oct 03, 2023
It is well.

Let me quickly correct you there. Pls don't ever address your father as being irresponsible even if he acts as one, it shouldn't come out of your mouth pls.

You see, no Father is outrightly irresponsible. The way we are wired, we are designed to fend for our families. However, when forces beyond his control makes that impossible he malfunctions like a computer infected with a virus.

Pls understand this and pray for Dad.

1 Like

Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Archworld(m): 2:31pm On Oct 03, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
It is well bro...

Sometimes when I look at my dad,I only wonder how he managed to do it....As in,how he managed to take care of my brothers and I after the death of my mom despite being jobless..............There was never a time we went hungry...We were even privileged to attend one of the best private school in town...Tho there were challenges along the line but it really helped shaped us into being what and who we are becoming....

Op, it's never been easy...........But trust me, there's no wicked father anywhere who would fold his hands and watch his children lack when he has the ability to solve their problem....

May we become fathers and not only fathers but the type that will be able to provide eveey basic need of our wards and our parents and every loved one 🙏

I love this . This is the main reason I treasure my dad above all. My dad being a single parent and working with FSL in government institution, he trained I and my brother, in addition to his siblings, we all graduated from university except for one that that wasn't serious for life who has become a plague to us. We faced all manner of challenges . Some days no food but he never gave up on us . I remember when he had just #30 to buy two bread. He would give us the bread and sleep hungry . If your father is educated and has good job, the suffering would be less but mine had none but with heavy load, both from children and siblings

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by AlphaHakimi: 2:32pm On Oct 03, 2023
OP answer these questions honestly
1) Does your father spend his money on Drinking and smoking/drugs?
2) Does your father womanize?
3) Is he hardworking?
4) Does he provide anytime he has the money?
5) Does he gamble away any money he makes?

If he does not engage in any of those negative vices I mentioned, then the truth is that he doesn't truly have money.

Don't kill your father before his time.

Also, your mother's job is not just to pop out children. She should be very involved in training them too. Don't heap all the responsibilities on the man.

You have done your best by providing part of the money.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by henry4991(m): 2:40pm On Oct 03, 2023
oga give ur papa money and stop complaining
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by HeroicMeastro: 2:42pm On Oct 03, 2023
victooman:
So because you earn some small cash, u dare to call your dad an irresponsible man?
It's a shame on you and karma isn't far
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Elidrisy20: 2:42pm On Oct 03, 2023
You thank God say your papa dey alive, many no get the chance to see their popsi
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by DyingFetus: 2:42pm On Oct 03, 2023
Sell his property and use the money pay for your sister's education
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Justfavourme(m): 2:43pm On Oct 03, 2023
Today my mother called me that my sister is about to be enrolled into secondary school and the total amount for registration is 25k, l called my dad and told him that l will try raising 15k and they should complete the remaining 10k, he started complaining on how he doesn't have money and haven't eaten since yesterday,, in fact l am tired dear Nairalanders, [/quote] For openly calling your biological father irresponsible, it shows you yourself you are irresponsible. How dare you come to social media to downgrade your father.
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by jrusky(m): 2:46pm On Oct 03, 2023
victooman:

Bro my advise is if you have the 25k just pay it that man you called father is not ready to do it and pls don't hate him for that there are thousands fathers like that out there.

My childhood friend and his sibling faced same issue during my school days infact my father have to sponsored him throughout his university education.

Just pay the 25k for your sister if you have it please. Even our almighty Obj as rich and popular he is he don't pay school fees for his kids he tell his kids to go to their mothers go to hos close family to fact chheck wht i said. So calm down bro having such father is a nightmare they don't care, dem no send.
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by gratefulheart(m): 2:48pm On Oct 03, 2023
There are things that shouldn't be wash in the public. It is your family especially when it has to do with your parent.
Just do whatever you can do, pray for your parent for God's help and divine interventions but don't naked your parent especially your father outside. Every family have their own issues.

This is your trial time and whatever you say or do determines/affect your future...may God give you understand not to fail this test.
May God give you more grace In Jesus Name!

Let me tell you a small story.

When I started working, there was a month I have to send my whole salary home to pay for one of my brothers school fee. That month it's only God know how I survived...I trekked from bonny camp, VI to Oyingbo to work and back home for a whole month... I am no longer on that level.

Just help in whatever capacity you can and leave the rest.

victooman:

1 Like

Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Luckysbab: 2:54pm On Oct 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
They will probably get back to him with excuses as to how they used it for something other than the kids school fees. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

And he simply makes it not his business at that point. There has to be boundaries set and he has to be firm with it.
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Mom007(f): 2:56pm On Oct 03, 2023
This generation plays alot. Young man, are you sure you want to grow old? Do you want to prosper in life? Did you just open a thread on social media to insult your father and solicit others to insult him for you? The sooner you kids realise that there are spiritual laws that govern physical manifestations, the sooner things in your life starts taking shape. Funny enough you have admitted in your post that right from childhood you have always held your father in low regard, thinking he is small stuff because he is not dangote but you forget, he is your FATHER! It is your failure to give him the honor he deserves that has stagnated your life.
Down to your question. Even if you don't have 25k, y insult your dad? Send what you have with a clear mind and leave them to sort the rest. Make of this post what you wish... those that have ears will hear.

1 Like

Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by cocolacec(m): 2:59pm On Oct 03, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
It is well bro...

Sometimes when I look at my dad,I only wonder how he managed to do it....As in,how he managed to take care of my brothers and I after the death of my mom despite being jobless..............There was never a time we went hungry...We were even privileged to attend one of the best private school in town...Tho there were challenges along the line but it really helped shaped us into being what and who we are becoming....

Op, it's never been easy...........But trust me, there's no wicked father anywhere who would fold his hands and watch his children lack when he has the ability to solve their problem....

May we become fathers and not only fathers but the type that will be able to provide eveey basic need of our wards and our parents and every loved one 🙏
There is nothing you can do about your father if your Mum couldnot do it.
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Emmanuel909090: 3:05pm On Oct 03, 2023
victooman:

To me, you are very irresponsible to call your father an irresponsible man.

You are a grown man now, why are you not responsible enough to do all what your father failed to do, fool.

You are even doing POS

1 Like

Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Desusi: 3:07pm On Oct 03, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
It is well bro...

God bless you my brother! May God give you a very understanding and sympathetic son like you to you.whenever l pray that my God will give my kind of son who is callous to him,he will be offended saying lam cursing him.This means some sons like fathers are terrible. May God help us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Gee64: 3:10pm On Oct 03, 2023
Your father is not running sway from his responsibility, the fact is that, he is getting old and less agile to engage smartly in paid jobs. Take up the responsibilities you know you can cope with my dear. But don't disgrace your father again like you just did!
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Bfly: 3:15pm On Oct 03, 2023
Because you don dey raise 15k now, you com fit dey term the struggling man irresponsible.

How i wish people can have little money and still have little humility with understanding.
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Connected1: 3:17pm On Oct 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
There isn't much Op can do about about irresponsible father except focus his energy on getting his siblings away from such a man and wife. undecided
Just Keep Quiet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mother Of Quadruplets Shaves Numbers On Their Hair To Identify Them / Couple Recreate Throwback Maternity Shoot Of 3yrs Ago / Why Ladies Refuse To Build With Guys !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.