Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! (19144 Views)

How Can I Handle My Younger Brother / How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years / How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Kobojunkie: 5:17pm On Oct 03, 2023
FROGMAN101:
Chaii nobody understand what you are going through. It’s so sad that the little funds you are suppose to be using to build your life is going on other things While there are some fathers that have kid(s) they can take care of and have established themselves that they see any token from their children as just mere gifts. Other set of fathers just give birth irresponsibly without any plan and heap all life problems on first born. So sad.
In a country where almost 70% of the people live in poverty, how many fathers actually do what you claim? The vast majority of Nigerians are simply terrible parents. OP's situation is not a unique situation at all. undecided
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Kobojunkie: 5:19pm On Oct 03, 2023
wittywriter:
Firstly let's set something straight; your father is not as problematic as how those leading our country Nigeria are...so that should be solace to you.
That said the best suggestion i have for this challenge you have with your dad is to seek income avenues for your financial freedom and monetary supplies so you can always be capable to solve most of the financial request sent your way.
Abeg get away! undecided
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Kobojunkie: 5:20pm On Oct 03, 2023
Mitsurugi:
The question is, is he living lascivious lifestyle which affects his responsibilities?
So, na only people wey dey live lavishly dey dey irresponsible? undecided
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Kobojunkie: 5:20pm On Oct 03, 2023
Allmiron:
Why would you call your father irresponsible?
If he is irresponsible what is wrong with calling him exactly that which he is? No be una people dey tell una make una call a spade a spade? undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Kobojunkie: 5:21pm On Oct 03, 2023
seguno2:
■ Who paid your own school fees ?
If his father paid his school fees, it then becomes his responsibility to pay his father's other children's school fees? Dem drop una for head as babies or what? undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by 96ACE: 5:22pm On Oct 03, 2023
For calling your father irresponsible I’m sorry for you. May God have mercy on you if not experience will teach you why your father is behaving the way he is doing
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Kobojunkie: 5:24pm On Oct 03, 2023
BabaOfLagos:
This is not a problem about your father, The problem here is YOU and your MOTHER. The problem here is called BLACK TAX. Without being BLACK TAXED, you wouldn't see you father as irresponsible. I would recommend you to search and join IAJ ONLINE on telegram and listen to the voice discussion with tittle: OVERCOMING ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL HARDSHIP. If you're man, You have just broken the Bro code! 21. Never spite a Bro in public, Bro!
Abeg gettout of here with your danfo brain logic! undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Kobojunkie: 5:27pm On Oct 03, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Reminds me of Okonkwo's father in "Things Fall Apart ". I think his name is Unoka or so. Just manage am like that my Bro. [b]If he doesn't have money doesn't mean he is irresponsible [/b]o. Let him not make you offend God.
What else does it mean? He is an irresponsible father. Simple and short! undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Kobojunkie: 5:29pm On Oct 03, 2023
Ubanz:
So there are some same people in Nairaland. Remain blessed Bro. About the OP , your father is not irresponsible. It's just that he is a victim of the Nigerian process.
Stop lying to him and to yourself! The vast majority of parents in Nigeria are irresponsible and no different from OP's parent, mind you. OP is speaking out about something that probably about 70% of the population who live in poverty experience eventually. Stop trying to silence him or make him feel he is alone because he is not. undecided
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Kobojunkie: 5:30pm On Oct 03, 2023
elbukaze:
Oga, I don't just want to abuse you, but it's very foolish of you to sound this way, you that's complaining that your father couldn't raise the money, but he has raised you and send you to the university, what's your contribution to the family, why don't you have all the money, your Dad told you that he has not eaten since yesterday, your sympathy to him is coming to Naira land and call him irresponsible, do you even care to know what he's passing through. Between you and your father, you are the irresponsible person here.
Get the fk away with your nonsense reasoning. So because your father raised you means you are responsible for raising his other children? Some of you were likely dropped on the heads as babies or something. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Kobojunkie: 5:32pm On Oct 03, 2023
Toonice:
My own dad is even fair, but he Bleep up in some area, he retired as assistant director of DSS and he didn't take care of us as a children. Not even fixing some of us into federal job. Am struggling to survive. Sometimes I feel like taken my life because it's not easy.
At least about 70% of Nigerians live in poverty and so you are no alone in your struggles since most of the parents out there are just as irresponsible having more kids than they are capable of fending for. So, do not for one minute think you struggle alone, please. undecided
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Kobojunkie: 5:32pm On Oct 03, 2023
spiSeyi:
Take care of him because nothing can justify otherwise against him, and be responsible to your kids
You read at all? The kids are not OPs but OP's father's. lipsrsealed
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by victooman: 5:33pm On Oct 03, 2023
elbukaze:
Oga, I don't just want to abuse you, but it's very foolish of you to sound this way, you that's complaining that your father couldn't raise the money, but he has raised you and send you to the university, what's your contribution to the family, why don't you have all the money, your Dad told you that he has not eaten since yesterday, your sympathy to him is coming to Naira land and call him irresponsible, do you even care to know what he's passing through. Between you and your father, you are the irresponsible person here.
who told u hr was the one that sent me to University,, if u dont have a first hand information on something please keep quiet.
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Kobojunkie: 5:33pm On Oct 03, 2023
dododawa1:
NIGERIA leaders caused it
Yeah, Nigerias leaders are to blame for you all boinking and having more kids than you know you are able to fend for. Clap for yourself! undecided
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Kobojunkie: 5:34pm On Oct 03, 2023
kevwemike:
U are not a good child. For calling ur father that name
Abeg get away! undecided
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Kobojunkie: 5:35pm On Oct 03, 2023
casualobserver:
Maybe you should ask your mother why she had at least 2 children with an “irresponsible” man. Sounds to me your father is not the only irresponsible person in this story. The quicker you acknowledge your mothers failings in this, the quicker you understand not to make the same errors yourself. Everybody carries a cross in life, this is yours, the quicker you accept your parents are flawed without disrespecting them and moving on with your life the better for you. You do what you can and leave the rest to God.
Abeg get away! So the father should not be held equally responsible for his irresponsibility as a father to his kids? Some of you were definitely dropped on the head or something. undecided
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by victooman: 5:35pm On Oct 03, 2023
project8:
One day u will also become a father maybe then u will understand life better.

l wont be a father that will pile up all my responsibility on my children,, as far as l am not sick or amputed
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Kobojunkie: 5:39pm On Oct 03, 2023
project8:
One day u will also become a father maybe then u will understand life better.
Abeg get away! What has life to do with his father's irresponsible behavior towards his own kids? Dem force am make him born kids wey him no fit care for? undecided
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Kobojunkie: 5:41pm On Oct 03, 2023
sulaak:
■ Why is your mother asking you to fund your sister's education? If the father is not providing, they should kick him out of the house and between you and your mother fund your sister's education. Irresponsible men should be kicked out of the house.
lipsrsealed
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by kevwemike: 5:41pm On Oct 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Abeg get away! undecided
u don't like Truth but that is the fact
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On Oct 03, 2023
kevwemike:
u don't like Truth but that is the fact
Lies are glorified as truth where you lot are concerned. Let me guess, you are also a churchian abi cause you people are masters at commonsense on its' head . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by kevwemike: 5:47pm On Oct 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Lies are glorified as truth where you lot are concerned. Let me guess, you are also a churchian abi cause you people are masters at commonsense on its' head . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
take it or live it, ur child will do the same
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by didymario7(m): 5:49pm On Oct 03, 2023
victooman:
Since l was born, since l got to know my father it has been one complain to the other..
There was never anytime he have money or have the financial strength to Carry out any family responsibility .
After struggling to finish University with no any job l started Pos business were l am managing myself,, the constant demand is killing my business ..
Today my mother called me that my sister is about to be enrolled into secondary school and the total amount for registration is 25k, l called my dad and told him that l will try raising 15k and they should complete the remaining 10k, he started complaining on how he doesn't have money and haven't eaten since yesterday,, in fact l am tired dear Nairalanders,
Dear victooman
I will send you the 10k to complete her registration. Kindly let me know how I can reach you. Thanks
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by casualobserver: 5:51pm On Oct 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Abeg get away! So the father should not be held equally responsible for his irresponsibility as a father to his kids? Some of you were definitely dropped on the head or something. undecided

casualobserver:

Sounds to me your father is not the only irresponsible person in this story. .
are you daft or were you dropped on the head as a child with consequent brain damage

i will keep saying, half of the problems of this country is that we speak english but we do not understand English.

1 Like

Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Kobojunkie: 5:52pm On Oct 03, 2023
kevwemike:
take it or live it, ur child will do the same
Hogwash lies you were fed by the ignorant ones who came before you. The story below goes to show how untrue that lie you were fed can be.
Man who killed his father and mother, escaped prison
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by seguno2: 5:54pm On Oct 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If his father paid his school fees, it then becomes his responsibility to pay his father's other children's school fees? Dem drop una for head as babies or what? undecided

Stop jumping into conclusions.

If you know the answer to the question asked, then you can answer.
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by victooman: 5:56pm On Oct 03, 2023
Mom007:
This generation plays alot. Young man, are you sure you want to grow old? Do you want to prosper in life? Did you just open a thread on social media to insult your father and solicit others to insult him for you? The sooner you kids realise that there are spiritual laws that govern physical manifestations, the sooner things in your life starts taking shape. Funny enough you have admitted in your post that right from childhood you have always held your father in low regard, thinking he is small stuff because he is not dangote but you forget, he is your FATHER! It is your failure to give him the honor he deserves that has stagnated your life.
Down to your question. Even if you don't have 25k, y insult your dad? Send what you have with a clear mind and leave them to sort the rest. Make of this post what you wish... those that have ears will hear.
it is easier to type when u are not on in the same shoe as l,,,
Irresponsibility to me means not meeting up to once responsibility and he is not doing that ...
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On Oct 03, 2023
seguno2:
Stop jumping into conclusions. If you know the answer to the question asked, then you can answer.
Conclusion? Who else is responsible for funding the education of your brood? undecided
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by rafcrown(m): 5:58pm On Oct 03, 2023
OMO KOMO.DNA TEST?
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Kobojunkie: 6:00pm On Oct 03, 2023
Mom007:
This generation plays alot. Young man, are you sure you want to grow old? Do you want to prosper in life? Did you just open a thread on social media to insult your father and solicit others to insult him for you? The sooner you kids realise that there are spiritual laws that govern physical manifestations, the sooner things in your life starts taking shape. Funny enough you have admitted in your post that right from childhood you have always held your father in low regard, thinking he is small stuff because he is not dangote but you forget, he is your FATHER! It is your failure to give him the honor he deserves that has stagnated your life.
Down to your question. Even if you don't have 25k, y insult your dad?
Send what you have with a clear mind and leave them to sort the rest. Make of this post what you wish... those that have ears will hear
OP, you should know better not to listen to people who sound like this. They are no different from the igbo smokers or glue sniffers out there in their general reasoning of things. . undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. / Excess Money: Moment MC Asked Groom To Spray His Bride 500k At A Wedding Party / As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.