Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,163 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! (18974 Views)

How Can I Handle My Younger Brother / How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years / How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by johnaruson(m): 12:45am On Oct 04, 2023
Is your father's name Tinubu?
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Nobody: 5:43am On Oct 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Isn't it irresponsible of a poor man to have kids he is not able to sufficiently fend for? Wetin dey do una abeg? undecided
You do not know the full story Kobojunkue, someone can start rich and end up very poor.
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Kobojunkie: 5:51am On Oct 04, 2023
Abi1985:
■ You do not know the full story Kobojunkue, someone can start rich and end up very poor.
Someone can start rich but end up very poor, that is the same lame brained excuse many of those who live in abject poverty use in excusing their excessive breeding lifestyle. undecided

According to OP, he is 19 years older than the sister. You mean in all that time between the two, this formerly rich father couldn't have stashed away money to handle her education and all before even having her? Una go just dey plop up ridiculous excuses left and right for wetin una no know. Allow OP tell you his story and stop pretending you know his story better than he does. undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Nobody: 6:07am On Oct 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Someone can start rich but end up very poor, that is the same lame brained excuse many of those who live in abject poverty use in excusing their excessive breeding lifestyle. undecided

According to OP, he is 19 years older than the sister. You mean in all that time between the two, this formerly rich father couldn't have stashed away money to handle her education and all before even having her? Una go just dey plop up ridiculous excuses left and right for wetin una no know. Allow OP tell you hiy and stop pretending you know his story better than he does. undecided

Pray life do not give one a hard blow, tomorrow is not guaranteed. A man with a very good paying job can lose everything in a snap. The father wants to pay but probably cannot find work that pays well. If the man had the money , I am sure he will give his child. I blame the hardship in Nigeria
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Kobojunkie: 6:15am On Oct 04, 2023
Abi1985:
Pray life do not give one a hard blow, tomorrow is not guaranteed. A man with a very good paying job can lose everything in a snap. The father wants to pay but probably cannot find work that pays well. If the man had the money , I am sure he will give his child. I blame the hardship in Nigeria
Please stop thinking that by replacing a person's story with the blahblahs in your head that you make more sense. You don't. Op told you who his father is but here you are reworking his reality to suit your particular delusion. . You no shame?? undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Please stop thinking that by replacing a person's story with the blahblahs in your head that you make more sense. You don't. Op told you who his father is but here you are reworking his reality to suit your particular delusion. . You no shame?? undecided
You are not a man so you cannot understand
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Kobojunkie: 6:32am On Oct 04, 2023
Abi1985:
■ You are not a man so you cannot understand
Look at this one pretending that having an extra piece of meat hanging between a man's legs bestows him with a medal for his ignorance. I no blame you. Na una upbringing wey make una dey believe say up is down and down is up I blame. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Look at this one pretending that having an extra piece of meat hanging between a man's legs bestows him with a medal for his ignorance. I no blame you. Na una upbringing wey make una dey believe say up is down and down is up I blame. undecided
If the op father have money? Do you think he will give his child money? His crime is that he complains he has no money. If the father had money, he will give him/ her money. That is why I said the father is only poor not irresponsible. They only love you on the ability you can provide. Nigeria is hard enough to earn a living.
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Kobojunkie: 7:15am On Oct 04, 2023
Abi1985:
If the op father have money? Do you think he will give his child money? His crime is that he complains he has no money. If the father had money, he will give him/ her money. That is why I said the father is only poor not irresponsible. They only love you on the ability you can provide. Nigeria is hard enough to earn a living.
storytellers...*** yawn***
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Smyk13: 11:12am On Oct 04, 2023
Ask your mother, may be she once or always tell him that you and your sister are not his biological children, hence his being irresponsible towards you and your sister.
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Emmanuel909090: 11:52am On Oct 04, 2023
victooman:
you are a bigger fool? is it my responsibility to take care of children of my father children? when l have my own kids they wont pass through this pressure? l wont bring kids that will come to this world to fend for themselves l rather not marry than take such a route,, if u like go and harbour children u can't fend ur children will call u this name either directly or indirectly..
Did u know what it means to literally carry yourself through University and after managing to graduate the little u are making u literally use all of them to Carter for unending demand..
if u have not been in people shoes just keep quiet u fool

If your family responsibility is too much for you, then you have not single right to call your father irresponsible, you are a big. Fool from all I have seen. Coming here to complain about a 25k bill shows how useless you are as a man.

I hate you already, but I will still advice you idiot.
Stop the unproductive POS business and learn a tech skill, you should be ashamed of yourself, complaining about a bill less than 25 dollars, God will not punish you.
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Emmanuel909090: 11:55am On Oct 04, 2023
DaytonaAries:

Let's leave sentiments. The man is irresponsible. Google that. You shouldn't give birth to kids, you can't take care of. That is irresponsiblity. The young man is struggling for himself and he has to take care of his siblings when the father is still alive.

Just fathering children alone, does not make you 'responsible' on that fact. Take care of the kids you give birth to, if you don't want your kids to call you "irresponsible". I assure you, no child wants to call their parent, that. But, it is what it is.

Op, give your sister the 15k and leave it at that. You have done your best. Let her parents do the rest.

So Google is now the standard of living, you are as stupid as the op.

If the man was late, I guess op will go to his grave and ask him for money, if your father has failed try not to fail, as far as I'm concerned the op is a useless sibling to have.
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Emmanuel909090: 11:59am On Oct 04, 2023
gunners160:
he is irresponsible mr man. How do you expect the young man to grow when he keeps complaining. the sister is never his responsibilities, lets call a spade a spade, he did not father them. This man is struggling for crying out loud and they want to wreck him. he is not even financially buoyant enough and they dont want him to stand. Gosh i hate hypocrisy i swear

Hypocrisy kill you there, the op is struggling same way his father is struggling, I guess his father contributed nothing in his life, from birth op has been struggling and making money, stupid people, his father failed, good that doesn't make him irresponsible, OP is a young man and has better opportunities now than his dad, so if he provides it's not a crime., Coming online to call your father irresponsible because of 25k God punish all of you.

Do you know the man's struggles.
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Emmanuel909090: 12:00pm On Oct 04, 2023
Olawade24:

No need to call him fool and use insultive lash. Just advice and pass.

He is a Big fool, because of 25k that he can't even afford he has the guts to call his father names.
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by NACE13: 12:05pm On Oct 04, 2023
I see some comments here and I just have to shake my head in disbelieve and disappointment.
As parents, your gaddamn JOB is to train your children the best way you can by taking responsibilities. They(the children) didn't ask to come to this world on their own, rather, father and mother came together to birth them so they should take care of their offspring until they finish school and if possible, set them up financially.

I'm just grateful to my beloved parents for doing their part in raising and training me and my siblings till we left them to start our own life. It's what they owe us.

The OP has every right to say his father is irresponsible if he is running away from his duty.

2 Likes

Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Kobojunkie: 12:26pm On Oct 04, 2023
Emmanuel909090:
If your family responsibility is too much for you, then you have not single right to call your father irresponsible, you are a big. Fool from all I have seen. Coming here to complain about a 25k bill shows how useless you are as a man.

Stop the unproductive POS business and learn a tech skill, you should be ashamed of yourself, complaining about a bill less than 25 dollars, God will not punish you.
This one is either desperately seeking attention or was definitely raised by terrible parents to have been convinced that children are responsible for raising their siblings to point of providing for them financially. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by babaireti(m): 12:40pm On Oct 04, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
It is well bro...

Sometimes when I look at my dad,I only wonder how he managed to do it....As in,how he managed to take care of my brothers and I after the death of my mom despite being jobless..............There was never a time we went hungry...We were even privileged to attend one of the best private school in town...Tho there were challenges along the line but it really helped shaped us into being what and who we are becoming....

Op, it's never been easy...........But trust me, there's no wicked father anywhere who would fold his hands and watch his children lack when he has the ability to solve their problem....

May we become fathers and not only fathers but the type that will be able to provide eveey basic need of our wards and our parents and every loved one 🙏
Does your father go out at night?
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Emmanuel909090: 1:00pm On Oct 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
This one is either desperately seeking attention or was definitely raised by terrible parents to have been convinced that children are responsible for raising their siblings to point of providing for them financially. lipsrsealed

You comment show how useless you are, if you are lucky to have parents who provided all for you be grateful, if you are not Also be grateful, and try as much as possible to help your siblings if you are the opportunity you stingy maggot
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by victooman: 1:04pm On Oct 04, 2023
Emmanuel909090:

u keep sounding like a fool? The 25k is not my responsibility u slowpoke!! many Pos agent are ten times richer than u can ever be with your mirage of a skill, did l remind u l sent 65k last month from the said Pos business u are barking ur mouth around here? Have l come here to beg u or anyone on this forum for anything before ,, if u handle the kind of responsibility l handle u will fold up within a week... useless he- goat like u
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Kobojunkie: 1:09pm On Oct 04, 2023
Emmanuel909090:
. ■ You comment show how useless you are, if you are lucky to have parents who provided all for you be grateful, if you are not Also be grateful, and try as much as possible to help your siblings if you are the opportunity you stingy maggot
Like I said, This one is either desperately seeking attention or was definitely raised by terrible parents to have been convinced that children are responsible for raising their siblings to point of providing for them financially. lipsrsealed

The very belief that being one of the only siblings responsibly raised by one's parents --- they ceased being responsible when it came the turn of their othe4 children--- is a thing of luck one ought to be grateful for speaks volumes on the condition of the mind in question. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Emmanuel909090: 1:13pm On Oct 04, 2023
victooman:
u keep sounding like a fool? The 25k is not my responsibility u slowpoke!! many Pos agent are ten times richer than u can ever be with your mirage of a skill, did l remind u l sent 65k last month from the said Pos business u are barking ur mouth around here? Have l come here to beg u or anyone on this forum for anything before ,, if u handle the kind of responsibility l handle u will fold up within a week... useless he- goat like u

Lol, look at a cheap agent bragging, I expected you to mention reasonable amounts, all you keep mentioning is amounts a cheap fool like you feel is worth the world, 65k, you should be ashamed of yourself and hide your useless face in shame.

Your mates use 65k to fuel vehicles, young fool if POS business is your dream, you will fail much more than your father did.

Some POS agents richer than who?
I'm sorry but did you study POS in school?
What I make in a month, can take good care of you, your father, mother and siblings, and I won't even notice I spent money, because you guys are so cheap, 65k and 25k you are ranting like a mad man.
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Emmanuel909090: 1:19pm On Oct 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Like I said, This one is either desperately seeking attention or was definitely raised by terrible parents to have been convinced that children are responsible for raising their siblings to point of providing for them financially. lipsrsealed

The very belief that being one of the only siblings responsibly raised by one's parents --- they ceased being responsible when it came the turn of their othe4 children--- is a thing of luck one ought to be grateful for speaks volumes on the condition of the mind in question. lipsrsealed

Young man, this is the second time you are telling us, you where raised by useless parents.

It's fine, if you ever have the opportunity, help your siblings help them, because fools like you end up helping one useless girl that will deal with you in a short time.
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Emmanuel909090: 1:23pm On Oct 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:

According to OP, he is 19 years older than the sister. You mean in all that time between the two, this formerly rich father couldn't have stashed away money to handle her education and all before even having her? Una go just dey plop up ridiculous excuses left and right for wetin una no know. Allow OP tell you his story and stop pretending you know his story better than he does. undecided

It's so obvious your father was an irresponsible man for you to know the ops story better than him.
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by DaytonaAries(f): 1:35pm On Oct 04, 2023
Emmanuel909090:

So Google is now the standard of living, you are as stupid as the op.

If the man was late, I guess op will go to his grave and ask him for money, if your father has failed try not to fail, as far as I'm concerned the op is a useless sibling to have.

I don't want to trade words with someone who is ignorant. I said Google what irresponsibility means.

Are you appraising a deadbeat father that doesn't want to pay 10k for his own child fees. Nigerians need to understand that no one owes you anything apart from your parents, your siblings owe you nothing. They didn't give birth to you, so why should they be responsible for you, especially when your parents are alive and kicking. If they decide to help out, it is out of mutual familiar love.

I can foretell you are a sentimental fellow, but life isn't sentimental. Op doesn’t have to pay for his sister's fees and the fact that he is helping out while still struggling, shows that he is far from 'useless'. So for your own good, use your dot thinking head before you comment and start insulting people.

1 Like

Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Kobojunkie: 1:36pm On Oct 04, 2023
Emmanuel909090:
Young man, this is the second time you are telling us, you where raised by useless parents.
It's fine, if you ever have the opportunity, help your siblings help them, because fools like you end up helping one useless girl that will deal with you in a short time.
Another classic mentality of one raised irresponsibly if you ask me. lipsrsealed
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Kobojunkie: 1:37pm On Oct 04, 2023
Emmanuel909090:
■ It's so obvious your father was an irresponsible man for you to know the ops story better than him.
The one who has thus far pretended to know OP'S story better than him happens to be you. lipsrsealed
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by DaytonaAries(f): 1:44pm On Oct 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The one who has thus far pretended to know OP'S story better than him happens to be you. lipsrsealed

Don't bother quoting him again. From the way he keeps ranting, you can tell he isn't thinking deeply, so no matter what you say. It won't have any effect on him.
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Emmanuel909090: 1:57pm On Oct 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Alaye, you are so useless, thanks.
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Emmanuel909090: 1:59pm On Oct 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Another classic mentality of one raised irresponsibly if you ask me. lipsrsealed

It's only a matter of time and your self acclaimed responsible being will be amazed at how stupid you are.
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Emmanuel909090: 2:13pm On Oct 04, 2023
DaytonaAries:

I don't want to trade words with someone who is ignorant. I said Google what irresponsibility means.

Are you appraising a deadbeat father that doesn't want to pay 10k for his own child fees. Nigerians need to understand that no one owes you anything apart from your parents, your siblings owe you nothing. They didn't give birth to you, so why should they be responsible for you, especially when your parents are alive and kicking. If they decide to help out, it is out of mutual familiar love.

I can foretell you are a sentimental fellow, but life isn't sentimental. Op doesn’t have to pay for his sister's fees and the fact that he is helping out while still struggling, shows that he is far from 'useless'. So for your own good, use your dot thinking head before you comment and start insulting people.

It's obvious your damaged brain can't function without Google, I'm not praising his father or him either, but calling hi father irresponsible because of his financial muscles it's a no for me.

Anyways you can also Google if your father is useless.

Op, don't help your siblings if you can, let them suffer, it's the sole responsibility of your father as Google said, God punish you.

Listen Nigeria has no social system, no health insurance, and the minimum wage here is nothing, the unemployment rate is high, so if any man fails blame the Government and don't blame one innocent man, who must have been done his best to provide for his useless son, coming here to call him irresponsible.

Least I forget you are also useless.
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
storytellers...*** yawn***
Lol
Re: How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! by OvertheTop(m): 2:57pm On Oct 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Junkie, Were your Raised Responsibly? shocked
from my observation, You have insulted almost everyone on this Thread

Must everyone Align with your opinion??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? / Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman / The Moment A Man Shed Tears Of Joy As His Wife Praised Him (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.