Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,860 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day (38823 Views)

Driver For Sienna / Which Is Okey Between Texify And Uber As A Driver For You To Make Money? / Need A Temporary Experienced Driver For Your Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by codenameSTYNO(m): 8:50pm On Oct 09, 2023
Skyfornia:
Your experience is personal and differs from others...I have a neighbour who is into it as a side hustle, if you ask the guy, he will tell you being an Uber driver is next thing after catfish peppersoup. The guy is cashing out!

That neighbour is not telling you everything, what OP said is pure truth, them say them say no be fact, go and try it out yourself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by wiseworld: 8:52pm On Oct 09, 2023
Skyfornia my bro the guy lie cos For Uber nowadays gas take allot of the money,suffering but smiling 🥲🥲🥲 the guy.

post=126297976:

Your experience is personal and differs from others...I have a neighbour who is into it as a side hustle, if you ask the guy, he will tell you being an Uber driver is next thing after catfish peppersoup. The guy is cashing out!
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by wiseworld: 8:53pm On Oct 09, 2023
Yes the fact why can't him go and try it,lol 😂😂😂...and come here to blame me.

codenameSTYNO:

That neighbour is not telling you everything, what OP said is pure truth, them say them say no be fact, go and try it out yourself

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by codenameSTYNO(m): 8:55pm On Oct 09, 2023
shortgun:
It's either you are are lying or you are telling us a fictional story. angry
One thing I've come to know about Nigerians is they will always discourage people from joining their line of business or tell you how difficult it to make a living from what they are doing.

Even the ones abroad will always discourage other Nigerians from traveling abroad angry

Go and try it first, he no discourage you, at least this one no be japa, just register your car try am for just 1 day 8am to 5pm come back and testify

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by wiseworld: 8:56pm On Oct 09, 2023
😂😂😂😂😂

codenameSTYNO:

Go and try it first, he no discourage you, at least this one no be japa, just register your car try am for just 1 day 8am to 5pm come back and testify
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by OGrockinnewacct: 9:06pm On Oct 09, 2023
blackgold2018:
🤣🤣..

Wow, you doubt me. Bro I have done it before.

The only thing you need in Uber business is just a good functional car. Not bad cars that will drawn your savings

Bro I’ve been doing it for almost 3 years now but about to call it quits because it’s no more profitable.
I’m saying this now and will say it again;
No driver can make any profit on EHailing business in Nigeria at the moment if you stick to driving strictly online and no offline. Irrespective of location and Ehailing company.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by blackgold2018(m): 9:07pm On Oct 09, 2023
AchichaMmuo:

You must be a payed agent of uber or bolt.
Op is actually right. You probably rode with their platform when fuel was selling at 165 naira. Now basically, 85% of the money you make, goes to buying fuel and paying for bolt or uber commission, and these companies make helluva money off drivers. Uber and bolt drivers don't save 10 - 25k daily, that is misinformation, if it's so drivers won't be complaining.
no dear.. I’m not a paid agent. I’m not a cheap person

If most of the drivers combine all the apps(Uber, bolt, Indrive and rida) at once. Because I’m a driver in all platforms. Theirs nothing you can tell me you wouldn’t see even it’s 10k saving in a day.
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by blackgold2018(m): 9:10pm On Oct 09, 2023
OGrockinnewacct:

Bro I’ve been doing it for almost 3 years now but about to call it quits because it’s no more profitable.
I’m saying this now and will say it again;
No driver can make any profit on EHailing business in Nigeria at the moment if you stick to driving strictly online and no offline. Irrespective of location and Ehailing company.
no bro I disagree.

If one have a very good functional car, plus you are a driver in all platforms(bolt, Uber, rida and Indrive). Theirs no how you wouldn’t save at least 10k in a day. Haba bro.

You are a driver in all platforms?
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by flexyrule(m): 9:24pm On Oct 09, 2023
Revolution2022:
Goverment can share server with inec,immigration,frsc or even waec
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin angry grin

And the servers would be run 24 hours with which power?
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by erniok(m): 9:47pm On Oct 09, 2023
blackgold2018:
look drivers till earn from it big.

I only detected OP is just a failed Uber driver in the past. Trying to discourage inspiring drivers.

Look, I have done that business before. And it was lucrative

The only thing you need is just a good functional car, that’s all.

Uber drivers save 10-25k savings everyday(Minus fuel and feeding money, ie after feeding and buying fuel).

So don’t mind that failed driver. Only the wise and the favored make it from Uber business.
Have you also considered the current economic situation cos I also know it used to be lucrative.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by pocohantas(f): 9:51pm On Oct 09, 2023
RoadMozart:

pretty cool... i have a diary here where i post updates about it. Hasn't been so easy for someone with a very little experience about stuffs like this

https://www.nairaland.com/7841920/journey-into-tech#125939443

I have read your diary before. Just realising it is you after spotting my likes. It is never easy, but it is good news you always had love for tech. It would reduce the level of your frustration during the learning phase. I wish you success.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by COMPAQ(m): 10:00pm On Oct 09, 2023
flexyrule:
The government would also buy Amazon Web Servers right?

Or you think it's just the app?.

Have you ever wondered why the network downtime on these apps is usually less than 1%?

And the app is almost 100% online?

Where there is a will, there is a way. We have data centers here in Nigeria don’t we? We can use another data center somewhere else say Ghana or SA for redundancy. Theses technologies are known, we don’t have to depend on Oyinbo for everything. After all the Netflix server for west Africa is in Ghana or is it Ivory Coast.
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by blackgold2018(m): 10:03pm On Oct 09, 2023
erniok:

Have you also considered the current economic situation cos I also know it used to be lucrative.
yes I know.. it used to be lucrative. Like higher gain before.

There’s why I said there’s no how a driver wouldn’t see 10k presently to save.
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by flexyrule(m): 10:03pm On Oct 09, 2023
COMPAQ:

Where there is a will, there is a way. We have data centers here in Nigeria don’t we? We can use another data center somewhere else say Ghana or SA for redundancy. Theses technologies are known, we don’t have to depend on Oyinbo for everything. After all the Netflix server for west Africa is in Ghana or is it Ivory Coast.
A country that God blessed with crude oil, has not been able to build one functional refinery in over 30 years. it's data center that you think they'll go and start losing sleep on?

Seems some of you underestimate the uselessness of this country.

Serious.

As far as it doesn't affect the elites, they won't do it!

1 Like

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by COMPAQ(m): 10:04pm On Oct 09, 2023
The Uber app is expensive because as a public company they are constantly pressured by Wall Street for bigger and bigger profits.

If we make ours non profit oriented. Just focused on break even and a bit more for upgrade in new tech etc, it could be done.

I want to believe ride hailing drivers across the country should number like 200k.

If 200k people pay N20k a month in a year as service charges to the app, thats N48billion annually.
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by COMPAQ(m): 10:07pm On Oct 09, 2023
flexyrule:
A country that God blessed with crude oil, has not been able to build one functional refinery in over 30 years. it's data center that you think they'll go and start losing sleep on?

Seems some of you underestimate the uselessness of this country.

Serious.

As far as it doesn't affect the elites, they won't do it!

I agree that it will be a challenge, but don’t be too negative. Main One has data center in Lagos. So also Galaxy backbone I think, which is government owned. Like I said, if the will is there it could be done.
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Luckybelt: 10:32pm On Oct 09, 2023
People always overflood any business, then it was Uber, now it’s Tech
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Godsonkemz(m): 11:28pm On Oct 09, 2023
kelvin21887:

Your own even better, mine was in portharcourt last week, my front right shock spoil, linkage, fuel 599 naira, ran from morning till 8pm, made like 17k, fuel took 12k, bolt charged 4.5k, took coke and groundnut, went home owing bolt because there's no way I'm paying them that money. And I'm done doing it cos my car is already making funny sound which I know I will have to fix when I have the money. Funny thing is how Portharcourt riders orders you around some will even want you to come pick them up from inside a hole and take them to inside a hole

Transportation was good when fuel was affordable.
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by GodWrites: 8:28am On Oct 10, 2023
cornerstonee:
Wow, Kidspirit, thanks for sharing your experience as an UBER driver for a day in Abuja. It's definitely eye-opening to see how the costs can add up, especially with UBER taking a significant chunk of your earnings and fuel prices being a major factor. It's essential for aspiring drivers to consider all these factors before diving into the gig economy. Your story serves as a valuable insight for others who may be thinking about becoming UBER drivers. Thanks for sharing, and I hope your future experiences turn out more profitable!

Check my signature for more details

Stop being lazy. ChatGPT is a big turn off. No one will take you seriously.
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by GodWrites: 8:57am On Oct 10, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

Check e dey already, na clout dey no get

It's easy to create such an app. The hard part is getting drivers and passengers to join the app and use it. If you don't have millions to run steady adverts, you will end up abandoning the project. Entrepreneurship no be beans oh. You need money to succeed. That's why people would rather be employees.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 10, 2023
shortgun:
One thing I've come to know about Nigerians is they will always discourage people from joining their line of business or tell you how difficult it to make a living from what they are doing.

Even the ones abroad will always discourage other Nigerians from traveling abroad angry
Some of them sold their business and properties before they travel.I know of a friend whose elder brother borrowed money from his sister husband to travel to South Africa.Although,he visits Nigeria occasionally.I don't know if he has repaid his debt.
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 10, 2023
brightDdon:

Bro you think we'll and that's the best thing to do but let me tell you..

Remember these companies pays tax(heavily) to the government and there are people in the same ministry making it big with the tax money of these companies hence they'll readily sabotage every move pointing at your advise.

That's the country we live in.

The drivers also pays taxes.
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by cornerstonee: 10:44am On Oct 10, 2023
GodWrites:

Stop being lazy. ChatGPT is a big turn off. No one will take you seriously.
. What's chat GPT?
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 10, 2023
TemmyDayo50:

You see that 13k wey remain, more than half of it will still go on maintenance at the long run...
A car can break down without notice.
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by nedekid: 12:05pm On Oct 10, 2023
shortgun:

He has no reason to lie. It seems the frustration made him write about his experience.
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by sizer07: 1:09pm On Oct 10, 2023
Elvis2kay:
SUFFERING AND SMILING 🤫
grin grin grin. Omo you where even lucky you made 550 profit. As at today fuel is 625 naira per litter. UBer business na bad market. Bolt is worst. The biz is no longer Profitable. By the time your car will brake down, you will be force to go boro for cash to fix it. That is when reality will set inn
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Ziziguluogixx: 1:51pm On Oct 10, 2023
Skyfornia:

Tell your neighbor that he’s a big liar.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Emdebby2: 7:43pm On Oct 10, 2023
uuzba:

White men developed the Uber app,
then sat in their office, to use our head to get them their cool 35% cash.
We will be hear suffering hot sun, traffic, back ache, expensive petrol, car wear, tear, damage...
to gain nothing.
-
Why can't we do our own Nigerian uber app sef?
Must we use UBER app?
Always using oyibo stuff.
Nigerians are too lazy to think and be creative.
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by codenameSTYNO(m): 8:18pm On Oct 10, 2023
blackgold2018:
no bro I disagree.

If one have a very good functional car, plus you are a driver in all platforms(bolt, Uber, rida and Indrive). Theirs no how you wouldn’t save at least 10k in a day. Haba bro.

You are a driver in all platforms?

Maybe you tried it last year when things were better, not at this current cost of fuel, if you insist drop your screenshot, no come de post misleading info

Most of the drivers still driving are the ones with personal cars and probably no other option, if you do strictly online, if care is not taken, you will be at a loss at the end of the day
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by blackgold2018(m): 9:23pm On Oct 10, 2023
codenameSTYNO:

Maybe you tried it last year when things were better, not at this current cost of fuel, if you insist drop your screenshot, no come de post misleading info

Most of the drivers still driving are the ones with personal cars and probably no other option, if you do strictly online, if care is not taken, you will be at a loss at the end of the day
ok now I get you

Yes, you are right. I drive my personal car. People on a delivery or hire purchase are not making it that much compared to the drivers that own the car on this present economy
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by fineboynl(m): 1:27pm On Oct 11, 2023
OkukoIgbo:

SO na approximately 22 litres of fuel you use?

TO Show working:

You make 22000 naira

Uber took 35%: 35/100 = 0·35
0·35 x 22000 = 7700 naira

You are left with 22000 - 7700 = 14300 naira

You said you came back with only 550 naira
meaning you used 14300 - 550 = 13750 naira for fuel.

You said fuel price was 617 naira per litre,
13750/617 = 22·28525122 litres

I know Abuja pump meter will take care of the decimal points accordingly,
IN summary, it is approximately 22 litres you used within those few hours.
you also forgot meter doesn't complete. If he is getting 25miles per gallon. He might have covered 100-125miles.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Made-in-Nigeria Limousine And Hummer Jeep! / 1962 Cardilac Fleetwood Limousine Spotted In Lagos (Photos) / Kia Telluride – Is This The Most Beautiful Kia You’ve Ever Seen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.