Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day (38825 Views)

Driver For Sienna / Which Is Okey Between Texify And Uber As A Driver For You To Make Money? / Need A Temporary Experienced Driver For Your Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by maasoap(m): 3:50pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kidspirit:
Omoh, as country hard, na so I carry my car enter road for UBER in Abuja after completing UBER car inspection.

My profit was.... guess?

Five Hundred and Fifty Naira only (N550) cry

UBER drivers, please share your experience.
That's like monkey dey work, baboon dey chop. I think fuel price is also another factor. That's why I don't support fuel subsidy removal, it paralyses the economy

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Nemesis0147(m): 3:50pm On Oct 09, 2023
D
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by DlegendofGarden(m): 3:51pm On Oct 09, 2023
Nice one. Tell your clients to pay you in cash no story
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by DARLINGTON869(m): 3:51pm On Oct 09, 2023
Haaaaa!

4 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Munzy14(m): 3:52pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kidspirit:
Omoh, as country hard, na so I carry my car enter road for UBER in Abuja after completing UBER car inspection.

Customers (riders) nyafu nyafu for road, Na so so pick up alert I dey receive, surge choke! I was enjoying my new job until I decided to close for the day and go home and rest after spending some hours driving.

Mhenn... I got the biggest shock of my life! I made 22k within couple of hours...

Excited? Please don't be excited, it was a bad shock!

UBER took 35% of the total money I made and the rest of the money went to fuel (Bought fuel for N617 per litre). I got home on empty tank.

My profit was.... guess?

Oops.

I learnt the drivers have developed a way of riding offline to at least by-cott the huge percentage.
A whole 35% is huge.

In essence.

The expect you to spend 45% on fuel, and pocket 20% as profit. lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by maasoap(m): 3:53pm On Oct 09, 2023
floatinszx6:
My brother. At least you dey see something chop.
Wish say I fit see motor now self I fit use run the matter smiley

He can't continue like that because he won't be able to service and maintain the car

19 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Purvan(m): 3:53pm On Oct 09, 2023
You're just making money for Uber

Why not be independent and paint your car taxi color and drive solo

7 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by NinjaMetahuman: 3:53pm On Oct 09, 2023
Wow 35% ?

That's horribly exploitative. Did they buy the car for you?
Perhaps register to other services. Uber like iphone are overrated exploitative crap.

Monkey dey work, baboon dey chop.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Nyanabo(m): 3:53pm On Oct 09, 2023
Normally Uber rate is high. Try using bolt or Drivehud

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by babajero(m): 3:56pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kidspirit:

Customers (riders) nyafu nyafu for road, Na so so pick up alert I dey receive, surge choke! I was enjoying my new job until I decided to close for the day and go home and rest after spending some hours driving.

Mhenn... I got the biggest shock of my life! I made 22k within couple of hours...

UBER took 35% of the total money I made and the rest of the money went to fuel (Bought fuel for N617 per litre). I got home on empty tank.

My profit was.... guess?

Most of the Uber drivers who have been in the job for long, and have made a customer base, always go offline to make their money.

12 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Sensiblerealist: 3:56pm On Oct 09, 2023
Uber dey run some promo on trips nah. You suppose fit don get some bonus on the trips taken. Check your app

1 Like

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by CaptMarvel(m): 3:56pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kidspirit:

My profit was.... guess?

you should have included "please don't laugh" at the last paragraph.

Lol it sounds so hilarious Mehn.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by braine(m): 3:58pm On Oct 09, 2023
Vehicle type, the app and specific characters influence profit.

You cannot use a car with V6 engine that will finish your fuel on time.

Bolt charges 20%, indriver 10%, why would one use uber that charges 35%? Thats sick.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by wonder233: 3:58pm On Oct 09, 2023
There is no profit in that business. I did it for 2years (2020 & 2021) in Lagos. Everything goes back into fuel, vehicle servicing, commission, penalties, etc...
I gave this analysis repeatedly on this platform, but ignorant bandwagoners who have never driven for one day will come and be rehashing fictitious cliches of how people made millions from the work.
Ehailing just gives you a false psychological feeling that you're not idle, but in reality, you're worse than idle.

43 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by OkukoIgbo: 3:59pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kidspirit:

My profit was.... guess?

SO na approximately 22 litres of fuel you use?

TO Show working:

You make 22000 naira

Uber took 35%: 35/100 = 0·35
0·35 x 22000 = 7700 naira

You are left with 22000 - 7700 = 14300 naira

You said you came back with only 550 naira
meaning you used 14300 - 550 = 13750 naira for fuel.

You said fuel price was 617 naira per litre,
13750/617 = 22·28525122 litres

I know Abuja pump meter will take care of the decimal points accordingly,
IN summary, it is approximately 22 litres you used within those few hours.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by CJStarz: 3:59pm On Oct 09, 2023
Jolly500:
Chaiiiii
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by shortgun(m): 4:00pm On Oct 09, 2023
It's either you are are lying or you are telling us a fictional story. angry
One thing I've come to know about Nigerians is they will always discourage people from joining their line of business or tell you how difficult it to make a living from what they are doing.

Even the ones abroad will always discourage other Nigerians from traveling abroad angry

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Omoapena(m): 4:01pm On Oct 09, 2023
That’s what we are facing

5 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Cassandraloius: 4:01pm On Oct 09, 2023
Suffering and smiling. You guys are really trying.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by iamtardey: 4:01pm On Oct 09, 2023
👀💭mannn
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by GeneralZodd(m): 4:02pm On Oct 09, 2023
Nyanabo:
Normally Uber rate is high. Try using bolt or Drivehud

They all the same.

Cheap prices (except when there is surge)

High commission.

High fuel price will not allow you make profit reasonable profit

6 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by iamtardey: 4:03pm On Oct 09, 2023
DARLINGTON869:
Haaaaa!
hackzin henn Ahh

1 Like

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Olmautos: 4:05pm On Oct 09, 2023
You are still an inexperienced Uber Driver... you will still spend up to a Month Before you will know in and out of the Job uote author=Kidspirit post=126297292]Omoh, as country hard, na so I carry my car enter road for UBER in Abuja after completing UBER car inspection.

My profit was.... guess?

UBER drivers, please share your experience.[/quote]
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Oyindamolah: 4:05pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kidspirit:

My profit was.... guess?

You are not a smart business man, we have inhud, bolt and co why stick with only Uber plus your story doesn't add up, how many liters did you buy?

5 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Sonnobax15(m): 4:06pm On Oct 09, 2023
grin
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by pipsplus2020: 4:07pm On Oct 09, 2023
Become a franchise owner with just $70 in a company that has a global market with amazing products.

If this interests you, kindly reach me on 👇

https://whatsapp.com/dl/
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by kelvin21887(m): 4:07pm On Oct 09, 2023
Your own even better, mine was in portharcourt last week, my front right shock spoil, linkage, fuel 599 naira, ran from morning till 8pm, made like 17k, fuel took 12k, bolt charged 4.5k, took coke and groundnut, went home owing bolt because there's no way I'm paying them that money. And I'm done doing it cos my car is already making funny sound which I know I will have to fix when I have the money. Funny thing is how Portharcourt riders orders you around some will even want you to come pick them up from inside a hole and take them to inside a hole

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Maliqcious: 4:08pm On Oct 09, 2023
How much you use for fuel? Una go just come here they confuse people

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 09, 2023
grin

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by thinkmoney(m): 4:08pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kidspirit:

My profit was.... guess?

Anybody that’s into car hailing business and that voted this government,God will judge them

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by COMPAQ(m): 4:09pm On Oct 09, 2023
Oyindamolah:
You are not a smart business man, we have inhud, bolt and co why stick with only Uber plus your story doesn't add up, how many liters did you buy?

Just give him the advice! You don't have to insult him by saying he isn't smart!!!

18 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Made-in-Nigeria Limousine And Hummer Jeep! / 1962 Cardilac Fleetwood Limousine Spotted In Lagos (Photos) / Kia Telluride – Is This The Most Beautiful Kia You’ve Ever Seen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.