Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,382 members, 7,812,125 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day (38834 Views)

Driver For Sienna / Which Is Okey Between Texify And Uber As A Driver For You To Make Money? / Need A Temporary Experienced Driver For Your Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Oyindamolah: 4:09pm On Oct 09, 2023
wonder233:
There is no profit in that business. I did it for 2years (2020 & 2021) in Lagos. Everything goes back into fuel, vehicle servicing, commission, penalties, etc...
I gave this analysis repeatedly on this platform, but ignorant bandwagoners who have never driven for one day will come and be rehashing fictitious cliches of how people made millions from the work.
Ehailing just gives you a false psychological feeling that you're not idle, but in reality, you're worse than idle.
Share your experience because I am considering going into Uber by December 2023.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Oyindamolah: 4:10pm On Oct 09, 2023
Skyfornia:
Your experience is personal and differs from others...I have a neighbour who is into it as a side hustle, if you ask the guy, he will tell you being an Uber driver is next thing after catfish peppersoup. The guy is cashing out!
What's his location?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Enskynelson(m): 4:10pm On Oct 09, 2023
The 550 na loss because the wear and tear of the car and the stress pass that money.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Ifyz0001: 4:11pm On Oct 09, 2023
It's true with me also.

The fuel price is mad, I can't lie..

The government is always going about destroying the youths source of income, that has been their target. Once they see the youths are making money through a legitimate means, they bring policy that will choke it.

They want us to always be at their mercy, all the time.

Your own case is very similar to mine. I woke up this early Monday morning, say make I enter my car hustle.

I put on the app in Lagos, I got a local airport trip. I made sure I drove to the pickup location in other to avoid cancellation. Once I picked up the person, I checked my fuel gauge, I went to buy fuel, #3500 I blow go local airport, the app came up #3500. You can't wait for another trip at the airport, so I blow go AJAO Estate to wait for another trip. Waited for trip from 9am to 2pm before, I tire, I blow go my house back...

I parked my car, noticed my fuel gauge went back to where it was before the journey.

Before, I could use #6000 fuel to hustle a whole day especially on Sundays where traffic is not much, but now you see that I used #3500 fuel on two trips, to fro airport.

So abeg who dey fool who??

These our leaders no dey try for us..

Other countries that have crude oil are flexing, only we Nigeria suffering. Our leaders have destroyed this country .

17 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Oyindamolah: 4:11pm On Oct 09, 2023
bbode1:
Just go and join nurtw. Dey load for diri junction to inside town or zuba. U go make ur money. Although its turn by turn. But it pays at the end of the day.
Why do this when you can use inhud

1 Like

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by kelvin21887(m): 4:12pm On Oct 09, 2023
Oyindamolah:
You are not a smart business man, we have inhud, bolt and co why stick with only Uber plus your story doesn't add up, how many liters did you buy?

My dear the story add up well, I have the experience, even with 20k fuel, your tank nor full for Toyota Corolla oh, just a little bit above half tank, and you will be driving from morning till evening on a steady

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by tolue42(m): 4:12pm On Oct 09, 2023
erniok:
This means the business is no more lucrative. You are yet to factor in maintenance allowance for the car. What about feeding too or do you drive with an empty stomach?

Lol. He Said he make 550 naira my mind is telling me here that he made nothing and still owing his car for that day( maintenance).

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by badmuskamal(m): 4:13pm On Oct 09, 2023
This is terrible, the business is no more lucrative and profitable like before, a friend talked me out of it as well.
Kidspirit:
Omoh, as country hard, na so I carry my car enter road for UBER in Abuja after completing UBER car inspection.

Customers (riders) nyafu nyafu for road, Na so so pick up alert I dey receive, surge choke! I was enjoying my new job until I decided to close for the day and go home and rest after spending some hours driving.

Mhenn... I got the biggest shock of my life! I made 22k within couple of hours...

Excited? Please don't be excited, it was a bad shock!

UBER took 35% of the total money I made and the rest of the money went to fuel (Bought fuel for N617 per litre). I got home on empty tank.

My profit was.... guess?

Five Hundred and Fifty Naira only (N550) cry

UBER drivers, please share your experience.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Oyindamolah: 4:14pm On Oct 09, 2023
kelvin21887:

My dear the story add up well, I have the experience, even with 20k fuel, your tank nor full for Toyota Corolla oh, just a little bit above half tank, and you will be driving from morning till evening on a steady
hmmmmm, just last week a friend told me he made 56k and he bought fuel of 29k, do the maths and he showed me everything on his phone 📱,

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Oyindamolah: 4:14pm On Oct 09, 2023
COMPAQ:

Just give him the advice! You don't have to insult him by saying he isn't smart!!!
Noted.
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Paraman: 4:15pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kidspirit:
Omoh, as country hard, na so I carry my car enter road for UBER in Abuja after completing UBER car inspection.

Customers (riders) nyafu nyafu for road, Na so so pick up alert I dey receive, surge choke! I was enjoying my new job until I decided to close for the day and go home and rest after spending some hours driving.

Mhenn... I got the biggest shock of my life! I made 22k within couple of hours...

Excited? Please don't be excited, it was a bad shock!

UBER took 35% of the total money I made and the rest of the money went to fuel (Bought fuel for N617 per litre). I got home on empty tank.

My profit was.... guess?

Five Hundred and Fifty Naira only (N550) cry

UBER drivers, please share your experience.
Uber, bolt, Indrive etc needs to increase there fares

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by COMPAQ(m): 4:15pm On Oct 09, 2023
braine:
Vehicle type, the app and specific characters influence profit.

You cannot use a car with V6 engine that will finish your fuel on time.

Bolt charges 20%, indriver 10%, why would one use uber that charges 35%? Thats sick.

Funny enough,this is where FG could help people. How about if the Ministry of Technology commissioned some tech guys to develop a Nigerian version of Uber that is owned by the government for which drivers pay 5%. The technology is already available. This is how the FG could help Nigerian youth. Besides it helps keep the money in country. Why would Uber take 35%of our local money for what?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by 12inchess: 4:17pm On Oct 09, 2023
I have done Uber in America. Its's not really a profitable hustle if you consider the cost of fuel and the maintenance cost. But if you just need sharp sharp money from time to time then it could make sense. The payout is very small but there is a very flexible schedule.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Skyfornia(m): 4:17pm On Oct 09, 2023
Oyindamolah:
What's his location?

Lagos
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by 12345baba(m): 4:18pm On Oct 09, 2023
35% bros na lie. Uber takes as low as 10% to 20% depending on the pick up distance. Na bolt frustrate pass

8 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Allisgud: 4:18pm On Oct 09, 2023
Why you come dey use words write ur profit,he come be like say ur profit plenty

4 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Dathrone(f): 4:20pm On Oct 09, 2023

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Paraman: 4:21pm On Oct 09, 2023
wunmi590:

I just want to drop this here, I'm not a user driver, but Iwe must alway pity them, because it not easy presently, with the price of fuel...

I've seen alot of Riders complaining of drivers not on A.C for them and at the end fighting the drivers after wasting their fuel to their pick up site...

Alot of those girls are much in Lekki, I work there and I see them almost every morning and evening while going home, fighting with drivers why they didn't on A.C, most times is just trip to the 3rd street, a rider will be combining of A.C, please what we can't take, don't let us dish it out to people....
The drivers should be charging people who want AC very high?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Oyindamolah: 4:22pm On Oct 09, 2023
Skyfornia:

Lagos
Where's his area of concentration?
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by obaidan: 4:22pm On Oct 09, 2023
pele
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by georgeakins: 4:23pm On Oct 09, 2023
Skyfornia:
Your experience is personal and differs from others...I have a neighbour who is into it as a side hustle, if you ask the guy, he will tell you being an Uber driver is next thing after catfish peppersoup. The guy is cashing out!

No money in Uber.
Commercial bus drivers are doing better.

9 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by LUAN(m): 4:23pm On Oct 09, 2023
shortgun:
It's either you are are lying or you are telling us a fictional story. angry
One thing I've come to know about Nigerians is they will always discourage people from joining their line of business or tell you how difficult it to make a living from what they are doing.

Even the ones abroad will always discourage other Nigerians from traveling abroad angry
if Uber charge 35% of the money made, fuel 620, what do you think will remain. Even independent Keke riders that buy fuel and tickets are still complaining

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by eepeepook: 4:24pm On Oct 09, 2023
Not my concern without deeper insight on the workings.
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by paskal16: 4:24pm On Oct 09, 2023
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by LUAN(m): 4:24pm On Oct 09, 2023
Dathrone:

Advice ; and stop to dey carry olosho without pay in the name of fine girl
Meanwhile bro lets colab, leave a message lets work on a project
which project do you want us to work on. Please dm
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by biggz82: 4:26pm On Oct 09, 2023
My brother here in warri if our book we charge you b4 we come pick u if you agree we go show if not cancel the ride.

Na so we dey run am for warri

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by biggz82: 4:26pm On Oct 09, 2023
y brother here in warri if you book we charge you b4 we come pick u if you agree we go show if not cancel the ride.

Na so we dey run am for warri

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by georgeakins: 4:27pm On Oct 09, 2023
saudatu:
Same here bro. The government had killed the business. Fix our refineries or return the subsidy.

It is the Uber company that is exploiting their drivers.
The company should not take more than 5% of the money, since the vehicle is not their own.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by wonder233: 4:27pm On Oct 09, 2023
I just shared my experience. Everything you make goes into maintaining your car, buying fuel and paying their commission. Al these are in addition to the needless risk you're putting your life carrying potential murderers and kidnappers, especially now that these cars are now very expensive hot cakes.
My brother, go and look for something else to do. Uber isn't it
Oyindamolah:
Share your experience because I am considering going into Uber by December 2023.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by henrimoto(m): 4:27pm On Oct 09, 2023
strangest:
You no jam MC olumo boys for Abuja?
...Mc oluomo boys no dey like that for Abuja roads. The ones wey dey for road, dey very very reasonable, the little amount you drop for them, them go work for you.

Transport business for Abuja and Environs sweet if you get private vehicle. No Heart breaking Extortion and Exploitation like that of Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by braine(m): 4:27pm On Oct 09, 2023
COMPAQ:

Funny enough,this is where FG could help people. How about if the Ministry of Technology commissioned some tech guys to develop a Nigerian version of Uber that is owned by the government for which drivers pay 5%. The technology is already available. This is how the FG could help Nigerian youth. Besides it helps keep the money in country. Why would Uber take 35%of our local money for what?

Spot on.

We don't even need to wait for the government. We can do it ourselves! Nigerian government are not reliable with anything that has to do with management .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Oyindamolah: 4:27pm On Oct 09, 2023
wonder233:
I just shared my experience. Everything you make goes into maintaining your car, buying fuel and paying their commission. Al these are in addition to the needless risk you're putting your life carrying potential murderers and kidnappers, especially now that these cars are now very expensive hot cakes.
My brother, go and look for something else to do. Uber isn't it
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Made-in-Nigeria Limousine And Hummer Jeep! / 1962 Cardilac Fleetwood Limousine Spotted In Lagos (Photos) / Kia Telluride – Is This The Most Beautiful Kia You’ve Ever Seen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.