Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day (38826 Views)

Driver For Sienna / Which Is Okey Between Texify And Uber As A Driver For You To Make Money? / Need A Temporary Experienced Driver For Your Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by bjtinz: 6:53pm On Oct 09, 2023
GeneralZodd:

56k in sales

29k in fuel

25% commission on 56k = 14k commission To be paid by driver to Bolt or Uber, money will remain 42k

Minus fuel money from 42k: 42k - 29k = 13k profit after all expenses.

Your friend made 13k only after all expenses and driving a whole day

@bolded. to me that's not bad at all.
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by MrDoGood(m): 6:56pm On Oct 09, 2023
jude33084:
Please convert to CNG

Where CNG station dey for Abuja?

1 Like

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Jamie1000: 6:56pm On Oct 09, 2023
You're not experienced. To make profit, you must understand the system.
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Goddeywithme: 6:58pm On Oct 09, 2023
georgeakins:

Ibos that voted for Obingo didn't vote on tribal line?
Dey fool yourself. You go tire!

Jagaban will spend 8 years in office.

You don't know who I am, and who I voted for. I only asked the OP if he voted according to his conscience. Y are you pained. Did I ask him to vote any person in particular? Did I refer to any particular election as in state or federal?

Your tribal bigotry is out of this world.

I was encouraging the OP that to get Nigeria right, we all need to vote according to conscience at all levels of politics in Nigeria, not according to tribal or religious lines

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Goddeywithme: 6:59pm On Oct 09, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
Ina own no pass to turn everything to politics it was clear it was either PDP Atiku or tinubu APC that will win and be president... Is PDP saint or would Atiku have done magic.. don't even mention Obi LP cos Even in 2031 LP stands no chance of winning president elections in Nigeria...

You don't know who I am, and who I voted for. I only asked the OP if he voted according to his conscience. Y are you pained. Did I ask him to vote any person in particular? Did I refer to any particular election as in state or federal?

I was encouraging the OP that to get Nigeria right, we all need to vote according to conscience at all levels of politics in Nigeria, not according to tribal or religious lines

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by lovebird65(m): 7:01pm On Oct 09, 2023
Goddeywithme:

it shall never be well with Lord lugard even in his grave for joining Ofe nmanu, head slammers and ibos together!!!
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Truthshotcrazy: 7:07pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kidspirit:
Omoh, as country hard, na so I carry my car enter road for UBER in Abuja after completing UBER car inspection.

Customers (riders) nyafu nyafu for road, Na so so pick up alert I dey receive, surge choke! I was enjoying my new job until I decided to close for the day and go home and rest after spending some hours driving.

Mhenn... I got the biggest shock of my life! I made 22k within couple of hours...

Excited? Please don't be excited, it was a bad shock!

UBER took 35% of the total money I made and the rest of the money went to fuel (Bought fuel for N617 per litre). I got home on empty tank.

My profit was.... guess?

Five Hundred and Fifty Naira only (N550) cry

UBER drivers, please share your experience.
More usage---More Mileage, More Wear & tear of machine parts. More mechanic visits. Untop N550.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Truthshotcrazy: 7:09pm On Oct 09, 2023
GeneralZodd:

56k in sales

29k in fuel

25% commission on 56k = 14k commission To be paid by driver to Bolt or Uber, money will remain 42k

Minus fuel money from 42k: 42k - 29k = 13k profit after all expenses.

Your friend made 13k only after all expenses and driving a whole day

13k times 10days assuming no mechanic visits for car maintenance & repairs====130k naira.
30days ==390k naira not bad. Almost $400 plus

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Hiziy: 7:10pm On Oct 09, 2023
Uber takes 25%, stop misleading and overhyping your story. This has invalidated your story

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Seriouslady: 7:16pm On Oct 09, 2023
Sorry for your experience. The reality of the country. It's a pity the way the government has gradually killed most businesses in Nigeria. The overhead cost makes no room for profit. Where do we really go from here?

1 Like

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Oburu202: 7:21pm On Oct 09, 2023
pocohantas:
Uber/Bolt drivers are going through a lot now.
Majority are dumping the hustle or doing unethical practices like GOING OFFLINE.

On the N3000 trip, the rider wants AC and tells you to drive through a flooded street.

Many have dumped it for tech. grin

The company is so greedy. That's the problem!!
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by shortgun(m): 7:22pm On Oct 09, 2023
okwusdaddy:
I once did what he did and I can tell you for free that that business is not profitable,don't be deceived.Or better still you cab try and see for yourself,but don't say you were not warned.
I don't need to become an Uber driver to know he's not being truthful.
Those engaged in the business have refuted his claims on this thread. Plus, I'm acquainted with someone who manages a fleet of vehicles for Uber business If the business becomes unprofitable, I'll know.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Emdebby2: 7:24pm On Oct 09, 2023
Another sad story.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by uuzba(m): 7:26pm On Oct 09, 2023
Best car for Uber is Hybrid car
IN TRAFFIC jam.
-
The petrol will shut off and be using just the battery.
That's the only type of car that can save fuel.
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by OkukoIgbo: 7:27pm On Oct 09, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

But I think they also pay taxes... You can't just take 35% without paying tax naw.
Na watin buhari dey drag with Twitter! Facebook and other platform, you can't be making billions in Nigeria and paying tax for US.

You are a sensible and sane Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by uuzba(m): 7:28pm On Oct 09, 2023
Emdebby2:
Another sad story.
White men developed the Uber app,
then sat in their office, to use our head to get them their cool 35% cash.
We will be hear suffering hot sun, traffic, back ache, expensive petrol, car wear, tear, damage...
to gain nothing.
-
Why can't we do our own Nigerian uber app sef?
Must we use UBER app?
Always using oyibo stuff.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by uuzba(m): 7:31pm On Oct 09, 2023
Seriouslady:
Sorry for your experience. The reality of the country. It's a pity the way the government has gradually killed most businesses in Nigeria. The overhead cost makes no room for profit. Where do we really go from here?
Kukuma, buy electric unicycle,
carry passenger for back.
Dey charge am with generator or solar panel for house.

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by shortgun(m): 7:33pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kaybaba5:

I no pity you
Dey play
Nobody is discouraging anybody
If u have money come abroad and u will know that seeing is believing by then it would be too late.dem no Dey tell person….
Or Better still put ur car for road for Uber and comeback here and share ur experience
grin grin grin
If I have money?
Some of you gonna jet off for the maiden voyage and start seein' everyone else as broke. angry
Oga, my hustlin' days are history, not everyone huntin' visas to escape hardship.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by uuzba(m): 7:36pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kennitrust:
after doubling his hustle, he will certainly make double profit of 550+550=1100
N1100?
N33,000 for a month? abi N16,500
Do you know how much damage and wear the car has undergone in 1 day of heavy usage?
Within 1 month too much will be due for servicing and replacement.
Brake pads, worn.
Shock absorbers, worn out.
Door handles broken
Seat, dirty with sweat and mess-mess. All the seat cushions collapsed from FAT NYASH women.
engine oil, change
Piston rings worn.....
-
Total repairs cannot be less than N200,000

1 Like

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by FitCorper: 7:49pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kennitrust:
after doubling his hustle, he will certainly make double profit of 550+550=1100
Hehehe you are very wicked… Encouragement is key here and again it’s wrong to look down on another man’s hustle.
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by K9blunt(f): 7:59pm On Oct 09, 2023
Skyfornia:
Your experience is personal and differs from others...I have a neighbour who is into it as a side hustle, if you ask the guy, he will tell you being an Uber driver is next thing after catfish peppersoup. The guy is cashing out!

Did he say this is the average life of all uber drivers?

1 Like

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:01pm On Oct 09, 2023
Goddeywithme:

stop dragging every issue to petty politics it makes u immature ok... U are the bigot for saying voting this particular govt shows bigotry...
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by RoadMozart(m): 8:01pm On Oct 09, 2023
pocohantas:
Uber/Bolt drivers are going through a lot now.
Majority are dumping the hustle or doing unethical practices like GOING OFFLINE.

On the N3000 trip, the rider wants AC and tells you to drive through a flooded street.

Many have dumped it for tech. grin
you don catch me
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by larryeffizy1(m): 8:02pm On Oct 09, 2023
Like seriously Broo, it's not a lie..

Exactly what happened to me during Ileya, na so bought fuel of 25k as per say surge go dey that day + I want to see how much the fuel go make....to cut the long story short after I've worked all day; na 26k I made ooo.... profit na 1,700...I cried coded and say to myself... never will I use my car for Uber anymore except we get a remedy to this fuel matter

Wetin pain Me pass was that i even missed the Salah Meat

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by GeneralZodd(m): 8:07pm On Oct 09, 2023
Truthshotcrazy:

13k times 10days assuming no mechanic visits for car maintenance & repairs====130k naira.
30days ==390k naira not bad. Almost $4000 plus

$4000 is #4million naira
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Goddeywithme: 8:09pm On Oct 09, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
stop dragging every issue to petty politics it makes u immature ok... U are the bigot for saying voting this particular govt shows bigotry...

Show me where I said voting this govt is bigotry

I said voting along tribal and religious lines is bigotry. If anyone voted this government out if conscience, that's fine. All I want is people to vote according to their conscience, and for votes to count. Get that into you head

1 Like

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by GeneralZodd(m): 8:11pm On Oct 09, 2023
Truthshotcrazy:

30days ==390k naira not bad. Almost $4000 plus
dey play , 13k profit every day ? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by pocohantas(f): 8:13pm On Oct 09, 2023
RoadMozart:

you don catch me

How is it going?
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by GeneralZodd(m): 8:14pm On Oct 09, 2023
bjtinz:

@bolded. to me that's not bad at all.

13k in this present economy is not good. You have no idea of inflation in the country at the moment

1 Like

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by RoadMozart(m): 8:22pm On Oct 09, 2023
pocohantas:

How is it going?
pretty cool... i have a diary here where i post updates about it. Hasn't been so easy for someone with a very little experience about stuffs like this

https://www.nairaland.com/7841920/journey-into-tech#125939443
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Truthshotcrazy: 8:28pm On Oct 09, 2023
GeneralZodd:

$4000 is #4million naira
I know. Meant to type 4h and my phone keyboard caused the error. Almost half a thousand naira or $450 to $5h not bad. But unrealistic.
Repairs plus high insecurity especially at night. Hence good to close early.
Some hailed taxis just to rob the driver &, disposses of car!
Naija high risk environment
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:45pm On Oct 09, 2023
Goddeywithme:

Show me where I said voting this govt is bigotry

I said voting along tribal and religious lines is bigotry. If anyone voted this government out if conscience, that's fine. All I want is people to vote according to their conscience, and for votes to count. Get that into you head
and who said votes didn't count? Or u were dead when LP won Lagos a state under APC... How do u Kno he didn't vote his conscience stop dragging issue go politics grow up ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Made-in-Nigeria Limousine And Hummer Jeep! / 1962 Cardilac Fleetwood Limousine Spotted In Lagos (Photos) / Kia Telluride – Is This The Most Beautiful Kia You’ve Ever Seen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.