Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App (22983 Views)

I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response / I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed / I Told My Wife That The Dna Result Of Our Kids Will Be Ready Tomorrow. See What (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by ugodson(m): 5:20pm On Nov 04, 2023
Samantha124:
If I want to join social media and my man tells me this, I'll agree with him without arguing and secretly buy another phone and join with a different name and not use my pictures, or I'll disguise my looks just to confuse him a bit in case he ever comes across any of my accounts... grin grin grin

Babe why not just obey him. His just protecting his family.
In addition why not talk to him about it let him give you some reasons and you telling him yours rather than open a fake id. Like you said his your man and your friend.
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Adewale1603(m): 5:21pm On Nov 04, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Some will come here and say what the man did was wrong but every sensible man knows that the demerits of a married woman being on social media platforms exceeds it's merits by far...

Abi no be the same social media wey I take disguise just to ask my most trusted banny if she get BF...But to my greatest surprise,the kind heart break wey the NO wey she take reply me give me still get foot prints for my kidney till today..
what if she just decided to play the guy, by saying no, she doesn't have a bf, just to deceive the guy and chop his money. And nothing else.
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by sacajawea: 5:22pm On Nov 04, 2023
MS247:
cool

That's just a man protecting his family the best way he can

There is one foolish Ibo Boy here on Nairaland who copied my Facebook page from my profile, went to search for my mum and started trolling here on Nairaland

Funny enough both my Parents are here on Nairaland and see his foolishness and we all laugh about it

In his foolishness he thinks he can troll a Retired Police Officer in her 70s🤣🤣
Your mum retired at what level?
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Exceed15: 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2023
Your mom is a wise woman because I know she will obey your father. Learn from her and be a respectful wife to your husband. Know this and know peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by MuslimIgbo: 5:24pm On Nov 04, 2023
Taylor92:
embarassed
I pity your future
Or deh
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by GloriousGbola: 5:25pm On Nov 04, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Some will come here and say what the man did was wrong but every sensible man knows that the demerits of a married woman being on social media platforms exceeds it's merits by far...

Abi no be the same social media wey I take disguise just to ask my most trusted banny if she get BF...But to my greatest surprise,the kind heart break wey the NO wey she take reply me give me still get foot prints for my kidney till today..

May as well ban all the women on Nairaland as well then. The demerits of women being on SM far exceeds the merits. Let's go full wahabi and keep the women in the house to protect them from men

7 Likes

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 04, 2023
Well, if I make up my mind to join social media, no one is going to stop me come rain or sunshine.

He'll only even make me more suspicions and eager to join.
Mhizzard:

that is if he is depriving you from what he is enjoying
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Free2Fly: 5:30pm On Nov 04, 2023
MS247:
cool

There is one foolish Ibo Boy here on Nairaland who copied my Facebook page from my profile, went to search for my mum and started trolling here on Nairaland

Funny enough both my Parents are here on Nairaland and see his foolishness and we all laugh about it

Who's this cockroach writing 'Igbo' as 'Ibo'?

Why would a sane Igboman be trolling a wingless cockroach

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Swiftgrp: 5:31pm On Nov 04, 2023
Samantha124:
Not my man... grin grin ;Deve

Even if he finds out, I'll cross the bridge when I get there.

He wouldn't leave me because of a mere social media when I wouldn't be cheating.
Aha!

You're smart for "choosing" a man like that... i.e., A man who wouldn't leave you except if you cheated on him.

But there's always a thin line between subtle flirting with an ex-school mate you reconnect with on social media and cheating. You never know when you start catching feelings and you start leaving trails of romantic evidence carelessly online and offline. wink
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 04, 2023
If he's protecting his family, then he should delete all his social media accounts too.
ugodson:

Babe why not just obey him. His just protecting his family.
In addition why not talk to him about it let him give you some reasons and you telling him yours rather than open a fake id. Like you said his your man and your friend.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Thegoodone13(m): 5:33pm On Nov 04, 2023
Social media scatter home more than anything nowadays

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by jubrilELsudan: 5:37pm On Nov 04, 2023
YOUR PAPA DEY FEAR MAKE BOYZ NO GO FVCK YA MAMA

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 04, 2023
Firstly, he wouldn't know about the phone because I'd have bought it behind his back and using it in secret for the purpose of social media.

Secondly, I'm not that much of a weakling to be easily falling for social media men who could be potential killers or rapists.
Swiftgrp:

Aha!

You're smart for "choosing" a man like that... i.e., A man who wouldn't leave you except if you cheated on him.

But there's always a thin line between subtle flirting with an ex-school mate you reconnect with on social media and cheating. You never know when you start catching feelings and you start leaving trails of romantic evidence carelessly online and offline. wink

1 Like

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by ecolime(m): 5:38pm On Nov 04, 2023
MS247:
cool

Na this dunce shey?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Mare12345: 5:41pm On Nov 04, 2023
The wife here is not a partner of value in the marriage... obviously not having a decent job or viable business. Which husband will tell Dr. Betta Edu not to be in social media?
Train your girl child to have the mentality of a value giver!!!!

5 Likes

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by pendragonbladgo(m): 5:42pm On Nov 04, 2023
Your Dad is helping your mum because it will currupt your Mum
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 04, 2023
With due respect your dad is an insecure man!

No offense but I can already tell the kind of relationship between your parents.

Does he tell her when to go out and stay at home?
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 04, 2023
pendragonbladgo:
Your Dad is helping your mum because it will currupt your Mum

So the mum is a kid and the husband her parent right!

4 Likes

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by mukthar2000(m): 5:44pm On Nov 04, 2023
what an elderly man see while seating, no any small boy would ever see half from 10 story build.

OP UR father no the reason while the restrict UR mum from social media, just bear with UR dad.
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by pendragonbladgo(m): 5:45pm On Nov 04, 2023
Skyview01:

So the mum is a kid and the husband her parent right!
Women are prone to evil oga...

That is how God made them. It's easy for a home to crash once a woman start acting up!
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by ugodson(m): 5:47pm On Nov 04, 2023
Samantha124:
If he's protecting his family, then he should delete all his social media accounts too.

Well am not your husband Yet? If we were we both have to sit and discuss about it lovingly maybe over dinner/sex grin
But remember the decision we take should be for the family health.
Just like me am only on whats app and sometimes facebook. I have 970 friends on Facebook and i know and met more than half of them.
So dear i wont have a prbm as my wife to be on social media, we should just be healthy on it
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 04, 2023
Samantha124:
If I want to join social media and my man tells me this, I'll agree with him without arguing and secretly buy another phone and join with a different name and not use my pictures, or I'll disguise my looks just to confuse him a bit in case he ever comes across any of my accounts... grin grin grin

Dear Samantha,

That's why you're not married because you're so insecure to allow a man to tell you the needful.

If by luck you eventually get married to a simp and not an alpha like me, your marriage won't last a year...We can bet on that.

Anyway, how are your adorable cats?
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Swiftgrp: 5:52pm On Nov 04, 2023
Samantha124:
Firstly, he wouldn't know about the phone because I'd have bought it behind his back and using it in secret for the purpose of social media.

Secondly, I'm not that much of a weakling to be easily falling for social media men who could be potential killers or rapists.
That's fair enough... but most genuine men are very protective of their women.

Second, you're wise. It's great that you have the ability and discipline to discern situations that can put a woman in danger. A significant number of females have fallen into such horrendous situations after responding to job interviews or even clients' enquiries from fake social media accounts on FB, Instagram, X (formerly Twitter), etc, only to get robbed and/or sexually assaulted.

Stay safe.
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Mhizzard(m): 5:54pm On Nov 04, 2023
Samantha124:
Well, if I make up my mind to join social media, no one is going to stop me come rain or sunshine.

He'll only even make me more suspicions and eager to join.

that is true
however,for a man to tell his wife that he has two reasons for that one,he don't want you to get expose to the world so that you won't be snatch away from him.two,he is engaging with someting fishy.
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by LordIsaac(m): 5:57pm On Nov 04, 2023
He is her head, he has the right to govern his home the way he wants. Simple. He knows the kind of woman he married.
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by tiger28: 5:59pm On Nov 04, 2023
Wise man there!!!
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by tiger28: 6:01pm On Nov 04, 2023
I lost a 20+ marriage due to FB cheating.

WISE MAN THERE!

SM is devils playground!
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 04, 2023
pendragonbladgo:

Women are prone to evil oga...

That is how God made them. It's easy for a home to crash once a woman start acting up!

What do you know about women?

So men are not prone to evil. All the evil crimes committed in our society by men, are you going to overlook them.

The op dad is an insecure and controlling man and his wife must be passing through a lot.

Marriage is not a master servant relationship!

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 04, 2023
The first reason will only shows that he doesn't trust me and we'll have a problem with that because I'm not a young child that easily gets snatched.

The second reason will only make me eager to join social media behind his back and activate my detective mode.
Mhizzard:

that is true
however,for a man to tell his wife that he has two reasons for that one,he don't want you to get expose to the world so that you won't be snatch away from him.two,he is engaging with someting fishy.
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by bukatyne(f): 6:11pm On Nov 04, 2023
Testiebobo:
It is true that some elderly couples are more concerned about their partners even than the younger ones.
" I dont want to see you on social media! But why? Dont you know that when you are on social media you get more exposed to the world, and your privacy might be tampered with by the public. But you can only join whatsapp, so that i can get in touch with you whenever i am absent from home." hmm i laugh in spanish!

Is your father on social media?

Does your mother have a history of divulging more family information than she should?

1 Like

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Fearyourcreator: 6:12pm On Nov 04, 2023
correctyourself:

If he said so it should not be a problem, she should obey your Father to avoid problem, afterall all fathers sacrifice alot to make sure their families get the best while they go hungry sometimes
Simple
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by bukatyne(f): 6:13pm On Nov 04, 2023
MS247:
cool

You people take NL this seriously undecided undecided undecided

Eziokwu!

Or is this post cruise?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wierd Things You Like About The Opposite Sex / Download: Game Of Thrones - Season 1 , 8 (episode By Episode) / What Do You Still Like About Your Ex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.