Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App (22958 Views)

I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response / I Told My FiancΓ© That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed / I Told My Wife That The Dna Result Of Our Kids Will Be Ready Tomorrow. See What (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Fearyourcreator: 6:13pm On Nov 04, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Some will come here and say what the man did was wrong but every sensible man knows that the demerits of a married woman being on social media platforms exceeds it's merits by far...

Abi no be the same social media wey I take disguise just to ask my most trusted banny if she get BF...But to my greatest surprise,the kind heart break wey the NO wey she take reply me give me still get foot prints for my kidney till today..
Lolz
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Fearyourcreator: 6:14pm On Nov 04, 2023
Luckysbab:
So that she won't get advice from bitter women like Ahnie, Kobojunkie, Jeon, Pocolee and co, who would project their failure upon her.

Good call.
Simple

1 Like

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by bukatyne(f): 6:14pm On Nov 04, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Some will come here and say what the man did was wrong but every sensible man knows that the demerits of a married woman being on social media platforms exceeds it's merits by far...

Abi no be the same social media wey I take disguise just to ask my most trusted banny if she get BF...But to my greatest surprise,the kind heart break wey the NO wey she take reply me give me still get foot prints for my kidney till today..

And the demerits don't exist for married men?

5 Likes

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 04, 2023
So far I have been on nairaland for a year and few months, but I've never found myself interested in any of your jollof brothers in here...πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Swiftgrp:

That's fair enough... but most genuine men are very protective of their women.

Second, you're wise. It's great that you have the ability and discipline to discern situations that can put a woman in danger. A significant number of females have fallen into such horrendous situations after responding to job interviews or even clients' enquiries from fake social media accounts on FB, Instagram, X (formerly Twitter), etc, only to get robbed and/or sexually assaulted.

Stay safe.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by bukatyne(f): 6:16pm On Nov 04, 2023
FriendsAndFans:
That's a family issue

πŸ˜„ 🀣 πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜† πŸ˜„ 🀣 πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜† πŸ˜„ 🀣 πŸ˜‚
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 04, 2023
Well, healthy is my middle name... grin grin grin
ugodson:

Well am not your husband Yet? If we were we both have to sit and discuss about it lovingly maybe over dinner/sex grin
But remember the decision we take should be for the family health.
Just like me am only on whats app and sometimes facebook. I have 970 friends on Facebook and i know and met more than half of them.
So dear i wont have a prbm as my wife to be on social media, we should just be healthy on it
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by ugodson(m): 6:20pm On Nov 04, 2023
Samantha124:
Well, healthy is my middle name... grin grin grin

Nice to meet you Healthy grin

1 Like

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by bukatyne(f): 6:23pm On Nov 04, 2023
I read some posts on NL and I am flabbergasted at the thought process behind it.

I want to believe most of them are catching cruise because....

Na wa!

5 Likes

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Ms202309: 6:25pm On Nov 04, 2023
bukatyne:

You people take NL this seriously undecided undecided undecided

Eziokwu!

Or is this post cruise?

Perhaps you should ask him

@Agwotulumbe1

You need to see how he cyber bullies women, Adadike is an example

1 Like

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by YourGFsnatcher: 6:27pm On Nov 04, 2023
Testiebobo:
It is true that some elderly couples are more concerned about their partners even than the younger ones.
" I dont want to see you on social media! But why? Dont you know that when you are on social media you get more exposed to the world, and your privacy might be tampered with by the public. But you can only join whatsapp, so that i can get in touch with you whenever i am absent from home." hmm i laugh in spanish!

He's right. Social media is the number one platform where married people get to do bad things.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by YourGFsnatcher: 6:28pm On Nov 04, 2023
Samantha124:
If I want to join social media and my man tells me this, I'll agree with him without arguing and secretly buy another phone and join with a different name and not use my pictures, or I'll disguise my looks just to confuse him a bit in case he ever comes across any of my accounts... grin grin grin

Is that not witchcraft?
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Postinor: 6:28pm On Nov 04, 2023
Samantha124:
If I want to join social media and my man tells me this, I'll agree with him without arguing and secretly buy another phone and join with a different name and not use my pictures, or I'll disguise my looks just to confuse him a bit in case he ever comes across any of my accounts... grin grin grin
bad gurl

1 Like

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by dival247(m): 6:29pm On Nov 04, 2023
AbuAeesha:

I see no wrong in trying to protect your wife/family from the outside world.[color=#000099][/color]

This how God warn Adam and Eve that they should not eat from the forbidden apple till, the social media destruct family from the goal , many things happen now

1 Like

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 04, 2023
Well, I'm an African and witchcraft is in my DNA... grin grin grin

I'm fact, it is original witchcraft... grin grin grin
YourGFsnatcher:

Is that not witchcraft?

1 Like

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Swiftgrp: 6:31pm On Nov 04, 2023
Samantha124:
So far I have been on nairaland for a year and few months, but I've never found myself interested in any of your jollof brothers in here...πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
"Jollof rice" brothers you mean? That's funny... Lol. Sepedi and Xhosa dudes are your fav kinda dudes huh?

I like your sense of humor though. You're the most popular SA citizen ever on the NL forum that I can think of and you write lucidly too. I know because I've been a member of this site for 18 years. (I have an older account here too).
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by YourGFsnatcher: 6:33pm On Nov 04, 2023
Samantha124:
Well, I'm an African and witchcraft is in my DNA... grin grin grin

I'm fact, it is original witchcraft... grin grin grin
cheesy grin Samantha oooo Samantha. If you are my girl I will catch you. The only reason I'll go easy on you is if you are mostly watching videos on it rather than chatting, because I know it can be boring without those online videos. But if I catch you chatting cheesy
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by NwaIgboBoy(m): 6:34pm On Nov 04, 2023
Your dad is a juggalo
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by AyomideOG01: 6:35pm On Nov 04, 2023
Samantha124:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by dominique(f): 6:36pm On Nov 04, 2023
The kind of marriage these Nairaland boys brag that their mothers "kept", makes me wonder if these women are in a partnership or in bondage.

I'm trying to understand the sense behind these comments I'm seeing here. Is the woman a baby or a dummy that will easily be influenced by social media. Are men also not easily influenced? Why can't they forbid themselves from social media? I will only consider honouring such wish if and only if my husband himself is not on social media.

4 Likes

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 04, 2023
How will you catch me?

And am I not supposed to chat with other people?
YourGFsnatcher:

cheesy grin Samantha oooo Samantha. If you are my girl I will catch you. The only reason I'll go easy on you is if you are mostly watching videos on it rather than chatting, because I know it can be boring without those online videos. But if I catch you chatting cheesy
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by spiralwedge(m): 6:40pm On Nov 04, 2023
That’s too much controlling, not acceptable.
He is either a SE man or a religious hypocrite.
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Ewedegubbler: 6:47pm On Nov 04, 2023
E get why
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 04, 2023
Funny enough, I've never dated any guy from my tribe or Xhosa guys.

18 years? You must be a grandfather by now...πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Swiftgrp:

"Jollof rice" brothers you mean? That's funny... Lol. Sepedi and Xhosa dudes are your fav kinda dudes huh?

I like your sense of humor though. You're the most popular SA citizen ever on the NL forum that I can think of and you write lucidly too. I know because I've been a member of this site for 18 years. (I have an older account here too).

1 Like

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Mhizzard(m): 6:55pm On Nov 04, 2023
Samantha124:
The first reason will only shows that he doesn't trust me and we'll have a problem with that because I'm not a young child that easily gets snatched.

The second reason will only make me eager to join social media behind his back and activate my detective mode.
lol
don't tell me you are not easy to snatched.if you meet correct guy,play boy to be precise.
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by UptownVibes(m): 6:55pm On Nov 04, 2023
You're dad is wise,and its good your mom listened to him.. Learn from your wise dad
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by FireUpNow(m): 6:57pm On Nov 04, 2023
How old are your parents if I may ask? You can give the range
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 04, 2023
That's why I don't trust these online guys no matter how nice and genuine they seem.

I'm not saying I'll cheat, but if I'm to cheat on my man, it'll be with someone I know in person and not the one from online.
Mhizzard:

lol
don't tell me you are not easy to snatched.if you meet correct guy,play boy to be precise.
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Mhizzard(m): 7:14pm On Nov 04, 2023
Samantha124:
That's why I don't trust these online guys no matter how nice and genuine they seem.

I'm not saying I'll cheat, but if I'm to cheat on my man, it'll be with someone I know in person and not the one from online.
arghhhhh
a stranger is someone you eventually have the knowledge of him.you can fall for anyone via any means as long the feelings exist.it is left for woman to avoid when it emerge
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by justking(m): 7:16pm On Nov 04, 2023
Good afternoon
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 04, 2023
How come I haven't fallen for anyone here on nairaland?
Mhizzard:

arghhhhh
a stranger is someone you eventually have the knowledge of him.you can fall for anyone via any means as long the feelings exist.it is left for woman to avoid when it emerge
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Mhizzard(m): 7:23pm On Nov 04, 2023
Samantha124:
How come I haven't fallen for anyone here on nairaland?
that is why i said it left for woman to class her self.however,some women does that for reasons or got lure by some men sugarqoute
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by GreatAchiever1: 7:25pm On Nov 04, 2023
dominique:
The kind of marriage these Nairaland boys brag that their mothers "kept", [b]makes me wonder if these women are in a partnership [/b]or in bondage.

I'm trying to understand the sense behind these comments I'm seeing here. Is the woman a baby or a dummy that will easily be influenced by social media. Are men also not easily influenced? Why can't they forbid themselves from social media? I will only consider honouring such wish if and only if my husband himself is not on social media.

Chai, the modern culture has now seen marriage as "Partnership", main reason why divorce will always be on the high.

The man don talk am with a good reason, just submit and do it, all these unnecessary conditions will end up causing problem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

11 Questions Every Woman Should Ask Her Man / Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating / How Can I Find Love As A Disabled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.