Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,292 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App (22953 Views)

I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response / I Told My Fiancรฉ That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed / I Told My Wife That The Dna Result Of Our Kids Will Be Ready Tomorrow. See What (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by accordadoga29(f): 4:42pm On Nov 04, 2023
Hehehe

1 Like

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Roozzaay(m): 4:43pm On Nov 04, 2023
Samantha124:
Meaning?

You should forget about heaven

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 04, 2023
What can I say? Sometimes a girl has got to do what a girl has got to do.

I'd even make sure to create another account to follow him without him knowing, if he's on social media... grin grin grin
Godada:
tongue

You are a bad girl

You are a very bad girl....

You are a very very bad girlie

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 04, 2023
I've forgotten about it long time ago...๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Roozzaay:

You should forget about heaven

1 Like

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by FriendsAndFans(m): 4:49pm On Nov 04, 2023
That's a family issue

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by NoSmoking: 4:51pm On Nov 04, 2023
Samantha124:
If I want to join social media and my man tells me this, I'll agree with him without arguing and secretly buy another phone and join with a different name and not use my pictures, or I'll disguise my looks just to confuse him a bit in case he ever comes across any of my accounts... grin grin grin

It's not the same thing

What's the use of a Facebook profile that doesn't carry ur name or pictures

It still means you dont have a Facebook account

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by andy244: 4:51pm On Nov 04, 2023
Samantha124:
If I want to join social media and my man tells me this, I'll agree with him without arguing and secretly buy another phone and join with a different name and not use my pictures, or I'll disguise my looks just to confuse him a bit in case he ever comes across any of my accounts... grin grin grin
After all these las las you are not on social media. Better you make him umderstand there will be no harm when tou are out there.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by godwinstringed1(m): 4:51pm On Nov 04, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Afodot0022(m): 4:52pm On Nov 04, 2023
I will support your dad in some ways as he is trying to protect your mum and also the family, it takes alot of strength to withstand the negative influence of social media. So many things you see and read online and if care is not taken, you will start using it as a yardstick to your life or how to run your home and from there problem start. The likes of blessing CEO are there to give misguided advice and if momsy no strong, she will want to start applying it in the house or to your father which might later cos havoc. I support your dad 100%. My marriage that broke was caused by social media cos my wife got too exposed and start using social media fake life to judge her own life, and it also aids cheating reason why the level of divorce has skyrocket unlike the past.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by NACE13: 4:52pm On Nov 04, 2023
The man has a point. The kind of rubbish young girls and boys do for validation, even married folks don't wanna be mature and leave those childish stuff once they are married.๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ
I fear for this GenZ and their thirst for social media validation.๐Ÿคฎ
I'm more active on Nairaland than WhatsApp because of its anonymous setting.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Roozzaay(m): 4:53pm On Nov 04, 2023
Samantha124:
I've forgotten about it long time ago...๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Great ๐Ÿ‘ You can go ahead and do as you stated in your comment if your man ask you same. cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 04, 2023
I don't like Facebook, it's full of gossips and lies.

Maybe Instagram and Twitter.
NoSmoking:

It's not the same thing

What's the use of a Facebook profile that doesn't carry ur name or pictures

It still means you dont have a Facebook account

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by finallybusy: 4:56pm On Nov 04, 2023
He should have told you the same thing.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Mhizzard(m): 4:56pm On Nov 04, 2023
Samantha124:
you don't call that obedience

1 Like

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 04, 2023
Even if I wanted to be on social media, there was nothing he could do to stop me, especially if he's on social media too.

If I really want to do something and someone close to me is against it, I'd just agree with the person and still go ahead and do it behind his or her back.
andy244:

After all these las las you are not on social media. Better you make him umderstand there will be no harm when tou are out there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by NoSmoking: 4:58pm On Nov 04, 2023
Samantha124:
I don't like Facebook, it's full of gossips and lies.

Maybe Instagram and Twitter.

Lol

Instagram and Twitter full of lies too

Fake life and propaganda

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 04, 2023
Obedience will have its time and place... grin grin cheesy
Mhizzard:

you don't call that obidience

1 Like

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by soccerlite: 5:00pm On Nov 04, 2023
Some old people especially those that can't filter out scam, phishing links, misinformation videos etc aren't supposed to be on social apps

Even on whatsapp they will be forwarding fake news to their contact

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 04, 2023
But they're way much better than this so called Facebook.

Facebook is just full of gossipmongers spreading lies everywhere that sometimes I'm convinced that it's full of children and unemployed people.
NoSmoking:

Lol

Instagram and Twitter full of lies too

Fake life and info

1 Like

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Dancebreaker: 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2023
Afodot0022:
I will support your dad in some ways as he is trying to protect your mum and also the family, it takes alot of strength to withstand the negative influence of social media. So many things you see and read online and if care is not taken, you will start using it as a yardstick to your life or how to run your home and from there problem start. The likes of blessing CEO are there to give misguided advice and if momsy no strong, she will want to start applying it in the house or to your father which might later cos havoc. I support your dad 100%. My marriage that broke was caused by social media cos my wife got too exposed and start using social media fake life to judge her own life, and it also aids cheating reason why the level of divorce has skyrocket unlike the past.

My brother, if any woman wan mess up, just monitor am. Nor even warn am. Otherwise she go hide am like that Samantha woman wrote.

Na to catch am dey hungry me b4 sef. So long DNA show say your pikins na your pikins, leave the rest. When you catch am, trade for a younger version. The young one too fit worse but manage am until you catch am. You've got to keep your wits about you grin cheesy

No time to waste. The whole thing na game these days.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by smartr: 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2023
To avoid seeing his away games ๐Ÿƒ

Or

To avoid losing her to guys with cash ๐Ÿƒ

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by snowland(m): 5:06pm On Nov 04, 2023
Testiebobo:
It is true that some elderly couples are more concerned about their partners even than the younger ones.
" I dont want to see you on social media! But why? Dont you know that when you are on social media you get more exposed to the world, and your privacy might be tampered with by the public. But you can only join whatsapp, so that i can get in touch with you whenever i am absent from home." hmm i laugh in spanish!
Dude, give your dad a big hug for me. He knows the dangers that lurk around on the internet and tries to protect his wife and by extension, his family.

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by GreatAchiever1: 5:06pm On Nov 04, 2023
Your dad na very wise man.

4 Likes

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Mhizzard(m): 5:07pm On Nov 04, 2023
Samantha124:
Obedience will have its time and place... grin grin cheesy
do you know that there is no how he won't eventually know when time comes.

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by omoh5064: 5:09pm On Nov 04, 2023
Testiebobo:
It is true that some elderly couples are more concerned about their partners even than the younger ones.
" I dont want to see you on social media! But why? Dont you know that when you are on social media you get more exposed to the world, and your privacy might be tampered with by the public. But you can only join whatsapp, so that i can get in touch with you whenever i am absent from home." hmm i laugh in spanish!
Na insecurity dey worry your dad.. I hope he will also abstain from social media as well

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by happney65: 5:10pm On Nov 04, 2023
Your dad is suffering from inferiority complex. A very complex one at that.

Ara oko

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 04, 2023
Well, it would've been his fault in the first place when he treated me like I'm a little child by telling me not to have any social media accounts when he himself would be on social media.

I'd also want to see and enjoy what he's seeing and enjoying.
Mhizzard:

do you know that there is no how he won't eventually know when time comes.

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Quebec91(m): 5:12pm On Nov 04, 2023
Olosho way
Samantha124:

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Swiftgrp: 5:12pm On Nov 04, 2023
Samantha124:
He'll find out sooner than you expect... Some men (and women) are very tech and Internet savvy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Swiftgrp: 5:17pm On Nov 04, 2023
soccerlite:

Some old people especially those that can't filter out scam, phishing links, misinformation videos etc aren't supposed to be on social apps

Even on whatsapp they will be forwarding fake news to their contact

I agree with this fact... Some of these old folks just go about clicking any web link they find visually enticing... and being new users online they have lost their entire bank savings to online scammers or fraudsters.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Mhizzard(m): 5:18pm On Nov 04, 2023
Samantha124:
Well, it would've been his fault in the first place when he treated me like I'm a little child by telling me not to have any social media accounts when he himself would be on social media.

I'd also want to see and enjoy what he's seeing and enjoying.
that is if he is depriving you from what he is enjoying
Re: My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 04, 2023
Not my man... grin grin grin

Even if he finds out, I'll cross the bridge when I get there.

He wouldn't leave me because of a mere social media when I wouldn't be cheating.
Swiftgrp:

He'll find out sooner than you expect... Some men (and women) are very tech and Internet savvy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Bolt From The Blue (18+) / What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? / 11 Questions Every Woman Should Ask Her Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.