Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria (21944 Views)

An Amazing Beachfront Estate With Title Documentation C Of O +2348167350289 / Dry Land With Title Document At Abraham Adesanya / Land Behind Shoprite Sangotedo Ajah @N5m Promo(Royal Flex Estate With Title) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Bigmouth3: 5:14am On Nov 12, 2023
Goodvibes007:
Interesting stats.

Some region are very low for reasons we all know i.e. misogyny and cultural inheritance laws.
You women, it seems your favourite word now is misogyny, keep copying the western world ,one day, the sickness of baby mamaism and single parenthood ravaging the western word will consume you all .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by nkpommpko(m): 5:15am On Nov 12, 2023
socialmediaman:
Facts are facts! But wait a minute...

Do they really own the houses or are those from some corrupt men who use the names of their sisters and wives to buy houses?
another point πŸ˜‚
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Divinerace(m): 5:16am On Nov 12, 2023
cry
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Biodun556(m): 5:17am On Nov 12, 2023
They will still shift the blame on Tinubu

4 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by deji17: 5:19am On Nov 12, 2023
Dafresh:
some of you de yern rubbish. Igbo girls love to marry outside their region you're a liar
With that 2%, I can't blame them.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Smartguyboy(m): 5:24am On Nov 12, 2023
Women don’t own property in South East always the male you will hardly see any landed property belong to a woman, once her husband is dead either her male children will inherit the property or her husband relatives.
That why court wedding is very important but some illiterate will say it not good the woman will have everything as if you want have to have nothing when you die.

3 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Lovenorth: 5:25am On Nov 12, 2023
God bless Islam

6 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Lovenorth: 5:27am On Nov 12, 2023
Goodvibes007:
Interesting stats.

Some region are very low for reasons like misogyny and cultural inheritance laws.
Allah has given woman right in Quran

3 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by chidiokay: 5:28am On Nov 12, 2023
PHIPEX:
There is a close relationship between this stats and Divorce rate. The higher the divorce rate, the higher the potential for a woman to own a property IN HER OWN NAME. Why should my wife own a property in her own name if we are happily married, the least is co-ownership of property between the husband and the wife.

It also relates to the high rate of polygamy, women have higher tendency to own property in their own name if the husband is polygamous. In that case each wife tries to secure the future of their own children. Statistically, South East is least in polygamy in Nigeria because of the influence of Christianity, so their women will be the least in owning landed property in their own names.

Your analysis holds no water cos Cultural/belief of the SE gives no credence to the female, she has no say in her family inheritance.
Most igbo men won't will there house or land to there wife or daughter.
Xtainity and polygamy might be part of it buh Belief/Cultural factor are the Main influence.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Bliss62: 5:38am On Nov 12, 2023
cool

They don't will properties to their female child in Ibo land, they keep looking for male child like it's gold, that's why they have baby factory

Funny enough Female children love and care for their parents during old age than a Male child busy hustling about

14 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Vifx: 5:45am On Nov 12, 2023
PHIPEX:
There is a close relationship between this stats and Divorce rate. The higher the divorce rate, the higher the potential for a woman to own a property IN HER OWN NAME. Why should my wife own a property in her own name if we are happily married, the least is co-ownership of property between the husband and the wife.

It also relates to the high rate of polygamy, women have higher tendency to own property in their own name if the husband is polygamous. In that case each wife tries to secure the future of their own children. Statistically, South East is least in polygamy in Nigeria because of the influence of Christianity, so their women will be the least in owning landed property in their own names.

Lol
Listen to yourself

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by chidiokay: 5:47am On Nov 12, 2023
PHIPEX:
So all the woman in the other regions got their property through inheritance?

You are just being blind folded, Marriage is not the only means for a woman to own properties like land & house
However, asides a woman buying for herself, the two options for a woman to get a properties from man is either through her father or husband, what are the chances any of these igbo men will pass his land/house to a daughter or Wife base on the cultural belief on ground ??
An igbo man rarely throw away his culture cos of xtainity or education. An igbo man no matter where he relocate, is always vested back home following up.

7 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by tamdun: 5:54am On Nov 12, 2023
PHIPEX:

The bolded isn't true,divorce rate in North is low compare to South

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by tamdun: 5:56am On Nov 12, 2023
Entprys:
So infidelity helps.
Cos level of unfaithfulness among our women in SW might have influenced this progress
U guys are funny I swear,u think igbo women don't Bleep around? Dey play

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by SonOfDSoil01: 5:58am On Nov 12, 2023
Lanretoye:
Polygamy is one factor in the north but in the south east,most of our mothers are full house wives who ties wrapper from morning till night,if you dont gerrit...will you stop this nonsense,i didnt come here to laugh this early morning. cheesy
hahaha this is wicked grin but you may be right though, na why Dem won die ontop Yoruba demon grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Houseontherock1: 6:01am On Nov 12, 2023
Yoruba women like building houses even as married women...you start thinking about owning your own property as soon as you start making some money

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by djon78(m): 6:02am On Nov 12, 2023
Bliss62:
cool

They don't will properties to their female child in Ibo land, they keep looking for male child like it's gold, that's why they have baby factory

Funny enough Female children love and care for their parents during old age than a Male child busy hustling about

Actually that's Igbo culture

Like in my family

All my sister's are married
There husband's are ok
And they all have boys

There sons are the ones that inherits there Dad's Properties

While all my father's Properties is btw me and my brother

That's the culture
Women marry out and there children Inherits there husband's Properties

4 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by joyandfaith: 6:04am On Nov 12, 2023
PHIPEX:

Good observation.
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by djon78(m): 6:07am On Nov 12, 2023
tamdun:

The bolded isn't true,divorce rate in North is low compare to South

Lol make enquiries

North has the highest divorce rate in Nigeria

Islam accepts divorce
While Christianity divorce is frowned at

So in South
Couples try as much to work on there marriage
Or still stay together
Even though the marriage is no more

4 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by DKM123: 6:14am On Nov 12, 2023
Yet the Igbo women are the most insulted by Nigerian men. They are told they are the only ones who benefits financially from marriage. I will like to see the statistics on which part has the women who have jobs and work hard the most I am sure it's Igbo women after Urhobo South South women. Yet, it's them that own nothing.
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by honour7: 6:16am On Nov 12, 2023
PHIPEX:

Spot on analysis, I commend you
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by AriyaTV: 6:18am On Nov 12, 2023
KingOfAllIgbos:
shocked

Damn! No wonder Amaka and Ngozi desperately grip my waist with yamlegs during kerewa.

Who wants to drink corpse water or fight with in-laws over inheritance? undecided

Guy, u Sha want make I laugh this morning.

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by viodemus: 6:19am On Nov 12, 2023
When most of the men are into islamics terrorism like Boko haram/ISIS or political crooks; then it makes sense to hide their stolen wealth in their mother or wife's name. Especially the ISIS trying to come to the east to terrorize, the wife understands that, that is a one way forever mission - no return.

The SE should keep strengthening the respect for all, both men and women. Our women should not be killed or harrassed because they want to go to school. We know a region that takes pride in doing that.
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Monsignor22: 6:20am On Nov 12, 2023
The same statisense data revealed that Igbo women have the highest literacy rate in Nigeria, and it's basic knowledge that education= empowerment + a better quality of life. So maybe our Igbo fathers and men realized educating the women was far more important than bequeating houses to them.

That will explain why there are more educated and independent Igbo women arguably more than any other tribe in Nigeria (again based on the stats from the same database among others).

2 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by viodemus: 6:27am On Nov 12, 2023
chopnaira:
More interesting stats related to women..

spousal control by zone.
Women experience of physical violence.

tribalist A.I influenced stat.

From what you gave the sw, is clear that a tribalist from the ..., programmed the A.I stat.

When e reach reality stat, holla back.

1 Like

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by epainos: 6:28am On Nov 12, 2023
I have always known this..lol.

I will repeat again. Igbo women are in more bondage than the ones from the north. Presently, Igbo men are aggressive towards Yoruba, Hausa, and Fulani. Let me tell you, if they manage to get independence, they will shift the aggression towards their females because there wont be Yoruba, Hausa or Fulani again. Lol.

And you see Igbo women insulting other regions and even going against them. The ones who really understand this issue well dont even talk.

Igbo has no respect for women. Period..

12 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Nice2023(m): 6:31am On Nov 12, 2023
PHIPEX:

U are a smart guy.
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by basty: 6:34am On Nov 12, 2023
Entprys:
So infidelity helps.
Cos level of unfaithfulness among our women in SW might have influenced this progress

What has caused unfaithfulness in this statistic, Is SW rate higher than the NE,NW,SS or NC?
Always creating ethnic threads.

1 Like

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by viodemus: 6:34am On Nov 12, 2023
epainos:
I have always known this..lol.

I will repeat again. Igbo women are in more bondage than the ones from the north. Presently, Igbo men are aggressive towards Yoruba, Hausa, and Fulani. Let me tell you, if they manage to get independence, they will shift the aggression towards their females because there wont be Yoruba, Hausa or Fulani again. Lol.

And you see Igbo women insulting other regions and even going against them. The ones who really understand this issue well dont even talk.

Igbo has no respect for women. Period..

What was your tribe's score in these less researched stats.

If igbos get independence now, there is a high chance that a great intelligent female, will be the first to lead it, and lead it to greater heights. Igbo women are solid like that, and the whole tribe knows it.

3 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Agwotulumbe1: 6:34am On Nov 12, 2023
Bliss62:
cool

shatap
Stop talking nonsense
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Agwotulumbe1: 6:36am On Nov 12, 2023
omenka:
Normally, Gbajue Talibans, just like their Afghan cousins, no dey rate women at all.

Congratulations APC. We did it again!!πŸ™‚
you sef you rate your fiance ?
Kennedy we know your story ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished / "As A Guy You Should Already Own A House At 21" - Slay Queen / EXECUTIVE BATHROOM NEEDS HERE WITH PICTURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.