Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,264 members, 7,829,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria (21945 Views)

An Amazing Beachfront Estate With Title Documentation C Of O +2348167350289 / Dry Land With Title Document At Abraham Adesanya / Land Behind Shoprite Sangotedo Ajah @N5m Promo(Royal Flex Estate With Title) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by princenaira(m): 6:40am On Nov 12, 2023
Okwyjesus:

SE has high regard fir me in matrimonial homes. So men owns property and pass it to sons. Women buy in their sons name or Co own with their hubby.

You just nailed it bro.
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by UncleKoboko: 6:47am On Nov 12, 2023
PHIPEX:
There is a close relationship between this stats and Divorce rate. The higher the divorce rate, the higher the potential for a woman to own a property IN HER OWN NAME. Why should my wife own a property in her own name if we are happily married, the least is co-ownership of property between the husband and the wife.

It also relates to the high rate of polygamy, women have higher tendency to own property in their own name if the husband is polygamous. In that case each wife tries to secure the future of their own children. Statistically, South East is least in polygamy in Nigeria because of the influence of Christianity, so their women will be the least in owning landed property in their own names.
Just shut up Igbo man.
You people will always come with senseless excuse or divert the topic to something else to cover up your evil and stupidity.
Shame

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by silento(m): 6:48am On Nov 12, 2023
I be igbo but an average igbo girl only want free stuff in life , e pass iphone and wigs highest na car , nothing again dey their head if not how to scam more guys for more money

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Teymanhenry(f): 7:06am On Nov 12, 2023
PHIPEX:
There is a close relationship between this stats and Divorce rate. The higher the divorce rate, the higher the potential for a woman to own a property IN HER OWN NAME. Why should my wife own a property in her own name if we are happily married, the least is co-ownership of property between the husband and the wife.

It also relates to the high rate of polygamy, women have higher tendency to own property in their own name if the husband is polygamous. In that case each wife tries to secure the future of their own children. Statistically, South East is least in polygamy in Nigeria because of the influence of Christianity, so their women will be the least in owning landed property in their own names.
You've got brains man
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Expanse2020(m): 7:09am On Nov 12, 2023
Yawk lipsrsealed lipsrsealed drinking a corpse water for real.
Are those people know humanity at all🤷,🤣🤣🤣🤣
When there Males fought dirty overland did you think there will be a single piece for females 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Expanse2020(m): 7:10am On Nov 12, 2023
KingOfAllIgbos:
shocked

Damn! No wonder Amaka and Ngozi desperately grip my waist with yamlegs during kerewa.

Who wants to drink corpse water or fight with in-laws over inheritance? undecided

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by EazyMoh(m): 7:12am On Nov 12, 2023
Localemperor:
Looking at the data, it's clearly means that it's has less to do with education and wealth and has move to do with culture of inheritance. In the South East it is assume that a woman would marry and join a new family where her male children can inherit her husband's landed property and pass it down to their male sons till infinity. This is not to say women can not buy lands in their names, they could if they want, but they did prefer to do that in their sons or husbands name.

The situation in the North is a direct opposite, female can inherit landed properties in her name and pass it down to who ever she pleased. This is not to say that one is better than the other, but culture has played a great part on both divide.

The lands that was passed to me by my father, was cultivated by my grandfather and the father before him, of which my sons and their male sons would lord over till the end of time.

Igbos are territorial in nature and are ready to go to war, to the last man over a territory. After all, a man bows to no one except his chi, it is a good cause to die for. Many had died for less.

A daughter is nothing less than a son. She should also inherit a part of her father.
Ok what if you only have female children? Your legacy then becomes terminated?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by tunjijones(m): 7:14am On Nov 12, 2023
Women dey really suffer for south east o.

Upon all the religion and education, women still don't have right in that region. And people don't really talk about this...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Resurgent2016: 7:15am On Nov 12, 2023
PHIPEX:

Makes sense, the figures in the North, particularly North East wowed me
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Menclothing: 7:17am On Nov 12, 2023
Dafresh:
some of you de yern rubbish. Igbo girls love to marry outside their region you're a liar

We have more Igbo women that marry Yoruba and south south people than Amy other region woman

Court marriage statistics in. Nigeria Igbo women are far leading marrying other tribes
Go to ikoyi court or any fedral court and check data

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by 2elliot: 7:17am On Nov 12, 2023
epainos:
I have always known this..lol.

I will repeat again. Igbo women are in more bondage than the ones from the north. Presently, Igbo men are aggressive towards Yoruba, Hausa, and Fulani. Let me tell you, if they manage to get independence, they will shift the aggression towards their females because there wont be Yoruba, Hausa or Fulani again. Lol.

And you see Igbo women insulting other regions and even going against them. The ones who really understand this issue well dont even talk.

Igbo has no respect for women. Period..

Yet Igbo women are arguably the most educated women in Nigeria, maybe second position. How did they achieve that fit if they were oppressed and never got support from their men? Shey na only dem train themselves through school? Dey play.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by PHIPEX(m): 7:20am On Nov 12, 2023
tamdun:

The bolded isn't true,divorce rate in North is low compare to South
The 2nd paragraph on polygamy applies to the North
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by tishbite42: 7:21am On Nov 12, 2023
Okwyjesus:

SE has high regard fir me in matrimonial homes. So men owns property and pass it to sons. Women buy in their sons name or Co own with their hubby.
That's what they don't understand
Most moms here buy property in the name of their sons

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:22am On Nov 12, 2023
socialmediaman:
Facts are facts! But wait a minute...

Do they really own the houses or are those from some corrupt men who use the names of their sisters and wives to buy houses?
Na corruption o...

Remember that the North and the West are the ones running this country, they are both the major beneficiaries of this contraption.

It even showed in the physical abuse stats. When there is money 💰 and assurance of getting jobs and opportunities that will bring that money based on their tribe and religion, there will be less need for couples to quarrel that leads to battery.
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by tishbite42: 7:23am On Nov 12, 2023
Menclothing:

We have more Igbo women that marry Yoruba and south south people than Amy other region woman

Court marriage statistics in. Nigeria Igbo women are far leading marrying other tribes
Go to ikoyi court or any fedral court and check data
The Civil War caused a demographic problem for the Igbos
Do you know how many males were massacred in Asaba, Sapele etc
I'm sure you don't understand this
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by intergral(m): 7:23am On Nov 12, 2023
Nice2023:

U are a smart guy.
I agree with some of his points but you have to understand that in Islam (Majority North) whatever the wife posses does not belong to the husband... She is in no way force To provide financial assistance to the husband except out of her good will... So the women will inherit houses from their late husbands and fathers.... My mother inherited 2 houses from her father and one house from my father

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by RosyIsBlessed: 7:24am On Nov 12, 2023
Goodvibes007:
Interesting stats.

Some region are very low for reasons like misogyny and cultural inheritance laws.

Heavily marginalized. I'm even surprised at the 2%. I was expecting something like 0.000002
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Menclothing: 7:31am On Nov 12, 2023
tishbite42:

I understand your point of view but this modern day they all have Igbo man in their life and choose another for marriage for reason best known to them.

You might be right in your statistics but b4 war Igbo women has being marrying Yoruba
But they started other regions too
I can mention 7 former gov with Igbo wife
Thousands of civil servants

1 Like

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by IzRayl: 7:31am On Nov 12, 2023
Oga this one na lie,the north has the most divorce rate in Nigeria,infact they account for 75% percent of the divorce in Nigeria
tamdun:

The bolded isn't true,divorce rate in North is low compare to South
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by EazyMoh(m): 7:34am On Nov 12, 2023
PHIPEX:

A divorcee in the north doesn't get one inch of her ex husband's property after divorce. She just carrys whatever she came with.
So your point of divorce falls flat!
Also the issue of polygamy, how many people (women) have money to by property in the poorest sections of the country?
The obvious answer is inheritance.
A woman in the north (especially Muslim North) inherits land from her father, husband, brother, mother, sister, .... etc.
Whereas in contrast ita totally opposite in say SE.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by VEHINTOLAR: 7:34am On Nov 12, 2023
Localemperor:
Looking at the data, it's clearly means that it's has less to do with education and wealth and has move to do with culture of inheritance. In the South East it is assume that a woman would marry and join a new family where her male children can inherit her husband's landed property and pass it down to their male sons till infinity. This is not to say women can not buy lands in their names, they could if they want, but they did prefer to do that in their sons or husbands name.

The situation in the North is a direct opposite, female can inherit landed properties in her name and pass it down to who ever she pleased. This is not to say that one is better than the other, but culture has played a great part on both divide.

The lands that was passed to me by my father, was cultivated by my grandfather and the father before him, of which my sons and their male sons would lord over till the end of time.

Igbos are territorial in nature and are ready to go to war, to the last man over a territory. After all, a man bows to no one except his chi, it is a good cause to die for. Many had died for less.

The only known "Warrior" in Igbo land is that fictional character in Chinua Achebe's play -Things Fall Apart,so what's this chestbeating all about,man ? Even those whose territories extended far beyond the shores of today's Nigeria are not even bragging or making any noise about it,why is it always you Igbo people ?! Every little thing,you guys will just come out from your holes and start spewing gibberish !

As far as this data is concerned,take it or leave it,it shows,very clearly,that women in Igbo land are economically very weak and are not in the same league as their counterparts from the other regions of Nigeria. All this your "culture of inheritance" noise is nothing but excuse !

7 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by DrSadikMagaji(m): 7:35am On Nov 12, 2023
PHIPEX:

All these English. It only portray one thing, lack of trust among southerners. Why won't your wife the mother of your children own a house? Hereditary case too?

6 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by tishbite42: 7:40am On Nov 12, 2023
RosyIsBlessed:

Heavily marginalized. I'm even surprised at the 2%. I was expecting something like 0.000002
Heavily marginalized but they're the most educated group of women. How comes?
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Luckysbab: 7:47am On Nov 12, 2023
Monsignor22:
The same statisense data revealed that Igbo women have the highest literacy rate in Nigeria, and it's basic knowledge that education= empowerment + a better quality of life. So maybe our Igbo fathers and men realized educating the women was far more important than bequeating houses to them.

That will explain why there are more educated and independent Igbo women arguably more than any other tribe in Nigeria (again based on the stats from the same database among others).

So what's wrong in giving her an education and property alongside?

This defense is watery.

4 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Luckysbab: 7:47am On Nov 12, 2023
Nice2023:

U are a smart guy.

You mean cunny?

3 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Okpollo: 7:48am On Nov 12, 2023
deji17:
Waoh.
For SS, Im sure Benin is responsible for most of their figures. Some of their women are widows who inherited husband properties....
For SE... Hmm
Only 2%,. This explains why their women loves to marry outsiders. Slavery!
You should worry about how your women are ignored by your elites to chose a wife from igbo tribe, this should worry you if you're reasonable

1 Like

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Luckysbab: 7:50am On Nov 12, 2023
2elliot:
Yet Igbo women are arguably the most educated women in Nigeria, maybe second position. How did they achieve that fit if they were oppressed and never got support from their men? Shey na only dem train themselves through school? Dey play.

We know their fathers train them to be able to attract higher bride price and spousal benefits extended to their siblings.

Stop playing.

3 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Armaggedon: 7:50am On Nov 12, 2023
Data reflects commitment to marriage institution among regions.

1 Like

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Henry22(m): 7:51am On Nov 12, 2023
Entprys:
So infidelity helps.
Cos level of unfaithfulness among our women in SW might have influenced this progress

Guy I never knew that sw women can bleep for Africa until I visited the rejoin angry
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by tishbite42: 7:51am On Nov 12, 2023
Menclothing:

I understand your point of view but this modern day they all have Igbo man in their life and choose another for marriage for reason best known to them.

You might be right in your statistics but b4 war Igbo women has being marrying Yoruba
But they started other regions too
I can mention 7 former gov with Igbo wife
Thousands of civil servants
I'm from Asaba and I lost about 10 grand uncles in that Asaba Massacre. Who would marry the women they were supposed to marry in a society that is big on monogamy.
I lost my Mom nine years ago today and my Dad is still unmarried. Tomorrow, you might still blame that woman for buying property in the name of such a loyal man.
I'm not denying that AlaIgbo is not a patriarchal society but the stats doesn't tell the whole story.
Christianity and the Biafran War changed many things for the Igbos.
I can't get married until I'm sure of my capability and capacity to carry a family of at least 4 people including myself but an average Northerner can dabble into that without counting the cost. In fact, they do mass weddings there. How can a man who can't afford a decent wedding ceremony cater for his family?
The talk is long, on and on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by yommen: 7:52am On Nov 12, 2023
Ezeama400:
Most educated regions ( Christian regions) will always have less in women property acquisition because they despise polygamy...

There are more Christians in SW. The reason you still manage to have more women own properties is because the woman hustle and make their money to acquire properties. Many of them are still in their husbands' houses but have properties they rent out to tenants. I live in such a place, 6 flats in the compound and all electricity prepaid meters in her name. The land lady lives with her husband's, not here. In fact, na Abuja them dey while the property is in Lagos.

Moreso, I have experience in the electricity distribution company in SW. In many cases, it is even the husbands that connects such houses for rent on behalf of their wives with the wife's documents.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by VEHINTOLAR: 7:52am On Nov 12, 2023
tishbite42:

Sapele is not Igbo,please ! I don't know why you have to bring Sapele into whatever excuse you're trying to cook up for Igbo weak ass here !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished / "As A Guy You Should Already Own A House At 21" - Slay Queen / EXECUTIVE BATHROOM NEEDS HERE WITH PICTURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.