Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria (21943 Views)

An Amazing Beachfront Estate With Title Documentation C Of O +2348167350289 / Dry Land With Title Document At Abraham Adesanya / Land Behind Shoprite Sangotedo Ajah @N5m Promo(Royal Flex Estate With Title) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Henry22(m): 7:52am On Nov 12, 2023
In the north they can marry and divorce same day, that I have seen grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Luckysbab: 7:53am On Nov 12, 2023
tishbite42:

Heavily marginalized but they're the most educated group of women. How comes?

Think about fattening the chicken for slaughter.

2 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by PHIPEX(m): 7:53am On Nov 12, 2023
EazyMoh:

A divorcee in the north doesn't get one inch of her ex husband's property after divorce. She just carrys whatever she came with.
So your point of divorce falls flat!
Also the issue of polygamy, how many people (women) have money to by property in the poorest sections of the country?
The obvious answer is inheritance.
A woman in the north (especially Muslim North) inherits land from her father, husband, brother, mother, sister, .... etc.
Whereas in contrast ita totally opposite in say SE.
You are basically saying women in the other regions only get property through inheritance, meaning they dont have personal purchasing power to do so on their own. Compare that stats with the stats below and see the correlation

1 Like

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Uchesis: 7:53am On Nov 12, 2023
PHIPEX:
So all the woman in the other regions got their property through inheritance?
Omenka has always been a mumu person. Don't bother replying him.

1 Like

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Luckysbab: 7:54am On Nov 12, 2023
Armaggedon:
Data reflects commitment to marriage institution among regions.

How does commitments to marriage Stop a woman from owning property/wealth?

4 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by tishbite42: 7:55am On Nov 12, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

Sapele is not Igbo,please ! I don't know why you have to bring Sapele into whatever excuse you're trying to cook up for Igbo weak ass here !
I never said that, dummy
They were massacres targeted against the Igbos in Sapele, Warri and Calabar during the Biafran War
Go and read Objective History
What's in Sapele that an Igbo man would want to claim?
Palm wine and kaikai bars abi?
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by tishbite42: 7:55am On Nov 12, 2023
Luckysbab:

Think about fattening the chicken for slaughter.
Keep deceiving yourself
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Luckysbab: 7:55am On Nov 12, 2023
PHIPEX:
You are basically saying women in the other regions only get property through inheritance, meaning they dont have personal purchasing power to do so on their own. Compare that stats with the starts below and see the correlation

You're making up arguments.

Where has he said they only get property from inheritance?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Luckysbab: 7:56am On Nov 12, 2023
tishbite42:
Keep deceiving yourself

No. You're the one with a shaky conscience on this subject.

2 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Harddiskng(m): 7:56am On Nov 12, 2023
Ezeama400:
Most educated regions ( Christian regions) will always have less in women property acquisition because they despise polygamy...

So these women can’t afford to buy properties for themselves. Hmm

2 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Armaggedon: 7:57am On Nov 12, 2023
EazyMoh:

A divorcee in the north doesn't get one inch of her ex husband's property after divorce. She just carrys whatever she came with.
So your point of divorce falls flat!
Also the issue of polygamy, how many people (women) have money to by property in the poorest sections of the country?
The obvious answer is inheritance.
A woman in the north (especially Muslim North) inherits land from her father, husband, brother, mother, sister, .... etc.
Whereas in contrast ita totally opposite in say SE.
if you are thinking properly you will know you just proved his point. Divorce rate is high in the North unknown to many. If they are entitled to nothing upon divorce, it makes property ownership in their own name more plausible.

2 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by yommen: 7:58am On Nov 12, 2023
tishbite42:

I'm from Asaba and I lost about 10 grand uncles in that Asaba Massacre. Who would marry the women they were supposed to marry in a society that is big on monogamy.
I lost my Mom nine years ago today and my Dad is still unmarried. Tomorrow, you might still blame that woman for buying property in the name of such a loyal man.
I'm not denying that AlaIgbo is not a patriarchal society but the stats doesn't tell the whole story.
Christianity and the Biafran War changed many things for the Igbos.
I can't get married until I'm sure of my capability and capacity to carry a family of at least 4 people including myself but an average Northerner can dabble into that without counting the cost. In fact, they do mass weddings there. How can a man who can't afford a decent wedding ceremony cater for his family?
The talk is long, on and on.

Bross, no be all families dey same level o. Some are ready to start in one room and they progress. As the first child in my family, I was born in a single room face me face you. Small time, we moved to room and parlor, small time two bedroom flat. We have our own house now. Try to start on time if you find woman who shares your dream. It's not about bogus wedding. Even the Bible understands that there are humble beginnings.

4 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Armaggedon: 7:59am On Nov 12, 2023
Luckysbab:

How does commitments to marriage Stop a woman from owning property/wealth?
you won't understand. If you did, your region wouldn't have such high numbers.
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Luckysbab: 8:01am On Nov 12, 2023
Armaggedon:
you won't understand. If you did, your region wouldn't have such high numbers.

There's nothing to understand. Accept the L.

1 Like

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by tishbite42: 8:01am On Nov 12, 2023
Luckysbab:

No. You're the one with a shaky conscience on this subject.
Igbo women are better than their counterparts in the North
The SW are distantly second placed
You're talking of a region where a Yoruba woman, Prof. Bimpe Ike, was Queen Regent until her death
We're the most civilized region in Africa
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Dafresh: 8:02am On Nov 12, 2023
Menclothing:

We have more Igbo women that marry Yoruba and south south people than Amy other region woman

Court marriage statistics in. Nigeria Igbo women are far leading marrying other tribes
Go to ikoyi court or any fedral court and check data
Show me the list or keep quiet
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by tishbite42: 8:05am On Nov 12, 2023
yommen:
[/b]

Bross, no be all families dey same level o. Some are ready to start in one room and they progress. As the first child in my family, I was born in a single room face me face you. Small time, we moved to room and parlor, small time two bedroom flat. We have our own house now. Try to start on time if you find woman who shares your dream. It's not about bogus wedding. Even the Bible understands that there are humble beginnings.
I was born and bred in Kano so I know what I'm saying. I'm not interested in big weddings. They don't even guarantee a fairly decent marriage.
Terrorism in the North is a direct consequence of what I said. Abandoned children become nuisance to the society

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by KwuoteYourFada: 8:05am On Nov 12, 2023
The funny thing is most Nigerians are aware that

1.igbo women are by far the smartest and most educated

2. Most desired accross all Tribes cheesy that's why YellowBa pigs dey die everyday killing themselves for Amaka grin leaving behind theirb
uneducated, promiscuous and dirty women that sleeps around grin

3. Igbo Women inherit only from Thier husbands that's why they stay and build Thier homes .e.g that's why Bianca Ojukwu won in court about ownership of most of her husband's properties

4. Igbo Women have the lowest divorce rate in Nigeria despite being the most educated and literated women in the country grin

5. Igbo Women are fvcking smart, hot , bold and elegant cheesy

Same Yellowba pigs grunting here dey Amaka DM dey beg her for chance grin

Their politician dey rush Amakas to wife for stable homes grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Luckysbab: 8:10am On Nov 12, 2023
tishbite42:

Igbo women are better than their counterparts in the North
The SW are distantly second placed
You're talking of a region where a Yoruba woman, Prof. Bimpe Ike, was Queen Regent until her death
We're the most civilized region in Africa

Okay. You're the developers general of the world afterall.

1 Like

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by VEHINTOLAR: 8:13am On Nov 12, 2023
Lol,so it's the "culture of inheritance" or whatever in Igbo land that's stoping their women from being able to work and acquire wealth - build companies,houses,acquiring landed properties,etc in their own names ? Are we saying Okonjo Iweala has no properties in her own name and that everything she has is in her husband's or son's name ?!

Come on guys,this is nothing but excuse,a very funny one at that ! This is just another pointer to the fact that Igbo people are not actually what they call themselves ! " Igbo women are the best","Igbo men are the best","Igbo land is the best", "we are the strongest","we are the richest",we are this and we are that,whereas available data always prove otherwise !

If there is no law in Nigeria stopping women in the South East from being able to own and acquire properties in their own names,then the statistics above proves,very clearly,that Igbo women are the least prosperous in terms of wealth and properties acquisitions in Nigeria. Igbo woman is very weak economically and can't compete with her counterparts from other regions of the federation- this,exactly,is what the latest data just revealed to us !

Culture of inheritance or no culture is nothing but laughable excuse !

4 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:14am On Nov 12, 2023
Lol grin
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by porthouse7(f): 8:16am On Nov 12, 2023
KingOfAllIgbos:
shocked

Damn! No wonder Amaka and Ngozi desperately grip my waist with yamlegs during kerewa.

Who wants to drink corpse water or fight with in-laws over inheritance? undecided

u are a bad boy
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:23am On Nov 12, 2023
Houseontherock1:
Yoruba women like building houses even as married women...you start thinking about owning your own property as soon as you start making some money
People usually underrate the hustling spirit of the average yoruba woman grin...let them just keep misyarning here, I find it amusing.

I once dated a girl that started earning cool money early enough, girl was already planning to buy land grin She's probably built that house already.

2 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by vickydevoka(m): 8:28am On Nov 12, 2023
chopnaira:
More interesting stats related to women..

spousal control by zone.
Women experience of physical violence.
This stat is very correct
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by vickydevoka(m): 8:29am On Nov 12, 2023
sagitariusbaby:
It's natural, where you have a predominant polygamous families, you don't expect women not to buy properties in their own names instead of joint or their husband's name.

For instance, my wife does not buy anything in her name including lands, she either use my name or our son's name to buy it, she wouldn't do that if I have other wives or if I had previously had a male children from another women.
What if she uses her name
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by vickydevoka(m): 8:31am On Nov 12, 2023
Lanretoye:
Polygamy is one factor in the north but in the south east,most of our mothers are full house wives who ties wrapper from morning till night,if you dont gerrit...will you stop this nonsense,i didnt come here to laugh this early morning. cheesy
Very true. Igbo men do business n live outside country, while de wife sit at home waiting for monthly money
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by vickydevoka(m): 8:32am On Nov 12, 2023
Smartguyboy:
Women don’t own property in South East always the male you will hardly see any landed property belong to a woman, once her husband is dead either her male children will inherit the property or her husband relatives.
That why court wedding is very important but some illiterate will say it not good the woman will have everything as if you want have to have nothing when you die.
If he refuses court wedding what will you do
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Karlifate: 8:44am On Nov 12, 2023
Na statistics we go chop

grin grin
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by PHAYOL81: 8:50am On Nov 12, 2023
Hmmmmmmmm!
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by 77up(m): 8:51am On Nov 12, 2023
You go explain tire 😂
Okwyjesus:

SE has high regard fir me in matrimonial homes. So men owns property and pass it to sons. Women buy in their sons name or Co own with their hubby.
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by 77up(m): 8:54am On Nov 12, 2023
Backward in every areas of life yet, they will think Yoruba is their problem undecided

1 Like

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by 5ThChild: 9:00am On Nov 12, 2023
This is miss informed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished / "As A Guy You Should Already Own A House At 21" - Slay Queen / EXECUTIVE BATHROOM NEEDS HERE WITH PICTURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.