Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,559 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria (21946 Views)

An Amazing Beachfront Estate With Title Documentation C Of O +2348167350289 / Dry Land With Title Document At Abraham Adesanya / Land Behind Shoprite Sangotedo Ajah @N5m Promo(Royal Flex Estate With Title) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by HBB1(m): 12:46pm On Nov 12, 2023
tishbite42:

This was done in Yorubaland wink

And so...?

What does that prove?
That the 'tribalist' Yorubas allowed your sons to head some of their institutions whilst that was not reciprocated?

Or does it prove you you had the first well educated Nigerians in the Country?
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by epainos: 12:46pm On Nov 12, 2023
2elliot:
Yet Igbo women are arguably the most educated women in Nigeria, maybe second position. How did they achieve that fit if they were oppressed and never got support from their men? Shey na only dem train themselves through school? Dey play.
Honestly, I don't know how Igbo women do it. I think their women are naturally intelligent. I have Igbo friends who have not been to Nigeria, and they usually think other tribes hate their men. They really don't understand how nasty their men are using their barbaric culture to tie women down. If men are manipulative. When they marry women who have better jobs than them, they are so envious and frustrate the women. Some of the Igbo girls abroad even think all tribes are like Igbo that hold women down. They really dont know that their men are the worst in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by epainos: 12:49pm On Nov 12, 2023
viodemus:

What was your tribe's score in these less researched stats.

If igbos get independence now, there is a high chance that a great intelligent female, will be the first to lead it, and lead it to greater heights. Igbo women are solid like that, and the whole tribe knows it.
You are funny. So, you think if Biafra was created today, they would allow Ngozi Iweala to lead them? Joke of the century. That is when you will see the real nature of Igbo men.

Do you think Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala would be World Trade Organization director if Igbos were in control of the organization? Lol.

1 Like

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by vannessa7(f): 12:58pm On Nov 12, 2023
See "salaye" everywhere, no evidence, lol, imagine saying inheritance reason why women have properties in their name in SW, not true, every Yoruba girl start planning to build her own house as soon as she start earning income, even illiterates, they do "Ajo" contribution and buy land, then start building small small, not to talk of graduates, I know many old women in my family, old aunties and grandma's who have their own houses, my sister bought her land when she was in the university as a part time student, she was single, her husband is managing the property for her now but it's in her name, all my female cousins own landed properties, I am female and I also have mine, my mother have a sprawling real estate which she built with her own money, one of my aunt have like six blocks of modern flats in Lagos here and she is quite young.
The inheritance they talk about is sometimes sold off because there are many of you to inherit it so they sell it and share that money among the children except in cases where the man or woman left several properties in which case it can be shared easily among the children and relatives.

It's normal in Yoruba land and has nothing to do with polygamy, most of those cases I cited are in monogamous marriage.
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Armaggedon: 1:06pm On Nov 12, 2023
Luckysbab:

How does commitments to marriage Stop a woman from owning property/wealth?
the same way it stops her from continuing with her father's surname.
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by RosyIsBlessed: 1:24pm On Nov 12, 2023
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Armaggedon: 1:37pm On Nov 12, 2023
epainos:

You are funny. So, you think if Biafra was created today, they would allow Ngozi Iweala to lead them? Joke of the century. That is when you will see the real nature of Igbo men.

Do you think Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala would be World Trade Organization director if Igbos were in control of the organization? Lol.
you are clowning. Igbos have more women in political position and public service more than any other ethnic group. The value of properties Igbo women own or control in marriage is worth more than those of all geopolitical zones put together.

Learn from better people to be a better person instead of senseless grandstanding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Rabiu4190: 1:49pm On Nov 12, 2023
mandarin:
With low female education in the Nortwest, this may have to do with marriage, May be also in the Northeast.
The one of Southeast may have been influenced by culture despite the level of educated female in that region.

This is an important data .

Na lie, Islam allowed female child to have 50% inheritance and a male child 100%. Unlike south south and south east. Islam contributed to that percentage.
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Okwyjesus(m): 2:00pm On Nov 12, 2023
BreconHills:

So the girl child is a second class child? Just asking based on what you wrote above. Even in biblical times women bought property from their own money Proverbs 31:16-18. If descended from the Jews surely the SE should rank high in womens property titles. Or are there different strands of Jewish thinking?

Woman owing land among lgbos is considered imbalance though modernisation is changing things.
Land is just men 's stuff majorly. It's generally believed a woman's place is in her hone. Woman fight fur their sons instead
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Menclothing: 3:01pm On Nov 12, 2023
Dafresh:

Show me the list or keep quiet
Just this current dispensation won’t go far let me mention
Osun
Oyo
Ondo

Gov are Igbo wife

If i go with old records I won’t have even president obasanjo wife is Igbo

On my street in Lagos can’t count
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Localemperor: 3:06pm On Nov 12, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

The only known "Warrior" in Igbo land is that fictional character in Chinua Achebe's play -Things Fall Apart,so what's this chestbeating all about,man ? Even those whose territories extended far beyond the shores of today's Nigeria are not even bragging or making any noise about it,why is it always you Igbo people ?! Every little thing,you guys will just come out from your holes and start spewing gibberish !

As far as this data is concerned,take it or leave it,it shows,very clearly,that women in Igbo land are economically very weak and are not in the same league as their counterparts from the other regions of Nigeria. All this your "culture of inheritance" noise is nothing but excuse !

π™Άπš˜ πšŠπš—πš πš›πšŽπšŒπš˜πšŸπšŽπš› π™Έπš•πš˜πš›πš’πš— πšπš›πš˜πš– πšπš‘πšŽ π™΅πšžπš—πš•πšŠπš—πš’ πš‹πšŽπšπš˜πš›πšŽ πš’ πšŒπšŠπš— πšπš’πšŸπšŽ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πšŠπšžπšπš’πšŽπš—πšŒπšŽ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by VEHINTOLAR: 3:09pm On Nov 12, 2023
Localemperor:
π™Άπš˜ πšŠπš—πš πš›πšŽπšŒπš˜πšŸπšŽπš› π™Έπš•πš˜πš›πš’πš— πšπš›πš˜πš– πšπš‘πšŽ π™΅πšžπš—πš•πšŠπš—πš’ πš‹πšŽπšπš˜πš›πšŽ πš’ πšŒπšŠπš— πšπš’πšŸπšŽ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πšŠπšžπšπš’πšŽπš—πšŒπšŽ

Stale !
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Localemperor: 3:11pm On Nov 12, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

Stale !
π™ΎπšπšŠ π™Έπš•πš˜πš›πš’πš— πš’πšœ πšπš˜πš—πšŽ πšπš˜πš› πšŽπšŸπšŽπš› πšŠπš—πš πšπš‘πšŽπš›πšŽ πš’πšœ πš—πš˜πšπš‘πš’πš—πš πšŠπš—πš’ π™°πš.πš˜πš—πš“πšŠ πšŒπšŠπš— 𝚍𝚘 πšŠπš‹πš˜πšžπš πš’πš
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by VEHINTOLAR: 3:14pm On Nov 12, 2023
Localemperor:
π™ΎπšπšŠ π™Έπš•πš˜πš›πš’πš— πš’πšœ πšπš˜πš—πšŽ πšπš˜πš› πšŽπšŸπšŽπš› πšŠπš—πš πšπš‘πšŽπš›πšŽ πš’πšœ πš—πš˜πšπš‘πš’πš—πš πšŠπš—πš’ π™°πš.πš˜πš—πš“πšŠ πšŒπšŠπš— 𝚍𝚘 πšŠπš‹πš˜πšžπš πš’πš

Gibberish !
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by SonOfDSoil01: 3:14pm On Nov 12, 2023
2elliot:
Yet Igbo women are arguably the most educated women in Nigeria, maybe second position. How did they achieve that fit if they were oppressed and never got support from their men? Shey na only dem train themselves through school? Dey play.
where is your statistics my ibo brother abi na from buruea of ipob u take get this stats from? When We all know sw is still the most educated region and that include our women cheesy
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Localemperor: 3:21pm On Nov 12, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

Gibberish !
grin cheesy 𝚎 πš™πšŠπš’πš— πšŠπš–
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by VEHINTOLAR: 3:22pm On Nov 12, 2023
Localemperor:
grin cheesy 𝚎 πš™πšŠπš’πš— πšŠπš–

Rubbish !
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Localemperor: 3:28pm On Nov 12, 2023
EazyMoh:

A daughter is nothing less than a son. She should also inherit a part of her father.
Ok what if you only have female children? Your legacy then becomes terminated?
π™½πš˜ πš‹πš˜πšπš’ πš’πšœ πšœπšŠπš’πš’πš—πš 𝚊 πš πš˜πš–πšŠπš— πš’πšœ πš•πšŽπšœπšœ πšπš‘πšŠπš— 𝚊 πš–πšŠπš•πšŽ. π™΅πšŽπš–πšŠπš•πšŽ πš’πš—πš‘πšŽπš›πš’πš πš˜πšπš‘πšŽπš› πš™πš›πš˜πš™πšŽπš›πšπš’πšŽπšœ πšπš‘πšŠπš πšŠπš›πšŽ πš—πš˜πš πš•πšŠπš—πšπšœ. πš•πšŠπš—πš πš’πšœ πš—πš˜πš πšπš‘πšŽ πš˜πš—πš•πš’ πš’πš—πš‘πšŽπš›πš’πšπšŠπš—πšŒπšŽ πšŠπšŸπšŠπš’πš•πšŠπš‹πš•πšŽ. πšœπš‘πšŽ πšŒπš˜πšžπš•πš πš’πš—πš‘πšŽπš›πš’πš πšŒπšŠπšœπš‘, πšŒπš˜πš–πš™πšŠπš—πš’πšŽπšœ 𝚎𝚝𝚌
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Localemperor: 3:29pm On Nov 12, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

Rubbish !
𝚎 πš™πšŠπš’πš— πšŠπš– cheesy grin
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Dafresh: 3:52pm On Nov 12, 2023
Menclothing:

Just this current dispensation won’t go far let me mention
Osun
Oyo
Ondo

Gov are Igbo wife

If i go with old records I won’t have even president obasanjo wife is Igbo
Those governors can't marry Yoruba girls because of lack of respect and divorce

On my street in Lagos can’t count
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Tundex911: 4:01pm On Nov 12, 2023
Know this and know peace

Ire ooooooooo

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by VEHINTOLAR: 4:16pm On Nov 12, 2023
Localemperor:
𝚎 πš™πšŠπš’πš— πšŠπš– cheesy grin

Osu from Alaigbo, you're already sounding like a broken gramophone - "e pain am,e pain am" yen,yen ! Lol,is that the best you could do,Osu ?
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by deji17: 4:20pm On Nov 12, 2023
nony43:

So they marry outsiders and inherit properties? Slave mentality.
I will not argue with a shameless fool.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by YoshihideSuga: 4:50pm On Nov 12, 2023
vannessa7:

No !, it's not, stop yarning dust, in Islam a woman cannot divorce her husband except in case of threat to life or neglect, only a husband can divorce a wife, also because you expect polygamy you are already prepared and will not be too shocked if your husband marries another woman and if you are a true Muslim you realise you cannot divorce your husband because he married another woman which is a major ground for divorce in Christianity , so where is this divorce coming from?

Yet, statistically, the north has a higher divorce rate than the south. That's the fact. The north is Muslim dominated, so how come the divorce rate is high when culturally and religion wise, it's very conservative?
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Localemperor: 5:02pm On Nov 12, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

Osu from Alaigbo, you're already sounding like a broken gramophone - "e pain am,e pain am" yen,yen ! Lol,is that the best you could do,Osu ?
e pain am grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by VEHINTOLAR: 5:08pm On Nov 12, 2023
Localemperor:
e pain am grin cheesy cheesy

Oh,you must be a lifeless robot from hell,a clown !
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Localemperor: 5:09pm On Nov 12, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

Oh,you must be a lifeless robot from hell,a clown !
e pain am cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by VEHINTOLAR: 5:25pm On Nov 12, 2023
Localemperor:
e pain am cheesy grin cheesy

Just a tip of how empty the unfortunate tribe you came out from is and you're here already showing all the signs of a typical psychiatric patient ! What if I had gone full throttle on your useless tribe;ijaw slaves with no enviable history ? Trust me,you don't want me to say what I know about your tribe ! You go commit suicide,walahi !Lol,I hope a psychiatric facility is not far from wherever hole you crawled out from !

Oya,sing for me again ; "e pan am,e pain am,e pain am",lol ! It's so obvious,you don't have what it takes to do this with me and that's why I have not fully engaged you. Otherwise,I would have descended on you so heavily that you might consider deactivating your account here ! Kiddo,trust me,you're such a featherweight; a sucker punch ! Now,crawl back into whatever primitive hole you came out from and remain dumber than you're already there.

You won't get a response from me again on the subject matter. You're slower even than than the slowpoke,the lowest of all low. I can't deal !
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Swiftgrp: 5:33pm On Nov 12, 2023
chopnaira:
As shared by statisense.

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Swiftgrp: 5:34pm On Nov 12, 2023
chopnaira:
More interesting stats related to women..

spousal control by zone.
Women experience of physical violence.
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by viodemus: 5:44pm On Nov 12, 2023
epainos:

She earned her respect. And if things go haywire anytime soon, she more than likely will lead the igbos. She will be protected from even aliens from other planets, not to talk of nigerian hijackers. She will lead way better than the hateful islamics tribalist criminal in aso rock, a hamas supporter. And moreover, the SE will be as strong as current day Israel in Africa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished / "As A Guy You Should Already Own A House At 21" - Slay Queen / EXECUTIVE BATHROOM NEEDS HERE WITH PICTURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.